Voters
52. This poll is closed
  • Single player

40 76.92%
  • Online games

12 23.08%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Single player for me, I don't mind co-op if it is with a friend. However playing solo fits best for me as I am an explorer and focus on the side things 1st rather then the main story.
    Only multiplayer I play is WoW or games on lan-party with good friends.

Not an either/or for me. When I just want to relax I'll play a single player game like Skyrim, Fallout or Witcher. When I want to share some fun and laughs with others I'll play multiplayer games like Dark Souls.

Single player. Only.

I don't have time to dedicate to get geared up in online PVE or to get up to date with online PVP.

I don't have friends for online co-op.

Monster hunter world. You can group with people if you want but isn’t needed.

Single player allows me to get something multiplayer cannot ever actually achieve without either pissing off a lot of people (by making skill matter that much to the point where scrubs will be forced to reconcile with the fact they're scrubs) or entirely breaking the immersion of the in-game world itself by necessitating I partake in an additional layer of suspended disbelief past the one layer of "I'm playing a video game, so none of this is actually real."

Single player allows me to actually be the chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    But most online games are mainstream-ified esports now, and I'm looking to rest and not compete.
    That's really relatable. I used to love online games (mmos in particular) but today I'm more into slow-paced singleplayer games (RPGs, turn based strategy etc.).

10+ Year Old Account
    I always prefer single player games with the ability for co-op play or at least some type of co-op mode. I also prefer offline games as I hate having to rely on internet connect to play a game especially when it's designed for solo play.

I really don't care for the competitive multiplayer type games. They're all the same shit with different skins with their red vs. blue battle royale deathmatches, team deathmatch, capture the flag, and capture zones. For me, it's one of those things where you play one you played them all. It's just boring to me. It also ends up just being frustrating and stressful because of the people you have to deal with.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2020-01-30 at 01:21 AM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Single player games for sure!

I prefer singleplayer games.

• You can play at your leisure. No needing to have to log in at peak times to find a group. Can pause at any time and go use the bathroom or eat or take a nap. No need to play what is "meta" because other people start bitching that you aren't doing content at the absolute theoretical maximum efficiency.
    • You actually own the game. You don't lose the game and all of the hours you invested into it when the suits decide that the game is no longer profitable and close the servers.
    • You can mod the game however you want and not lose the game you bought.

My story is similar to OP's. When I was a teen I was fascinated by the concept of online games and multiplayer, Battle.net was new and it was a great time to be a gamer. Even as the ladder was infested with bots and cheaters, there were private Starcraft leagues like PGTour and WGTour where you could test your mettle. I spent a lot of time trying to be the best I could be.

Now? I'm too old to care for the gogogo competitive mentality. MMR, ladder points, iLvl, whatever devs come up with to keep us playing online and gatekeeping each other, has become meaningless as I'm under no delusion that I'll get into an e-sport career or something. So now I'm always on the lookout for quality single player experiences, as I get a lot more enjoyment out of a game that isn't constantly trying to pit me against other people.

Online games.

Great way to keep in touch with friends who're all scattered around the country now due to work etc.

Closing down this nearly 3 year old necro.