The gift of N'zoth?

So did it actually amount to anything? As far as I can tell, there hasn't really been any payoff towards keeping the Gift instead of having it cleansed by brother Pyke. I know there was a blue post who hinted towards some sort of actual payoff or effect of choice. Anyone who knows or has seen anything yet? Cause I am starting to get a little tired of have no helmet transmog. Sure, I could choose to have it cleansed, but I really wanted to see just... something.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Isn't there some sort of pvp like activity related to it? Like the Ordos thing from MoP or the feather from 7.1?

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Isn't there some sort of pvp like activity related to it? Like the Ordos thing from MoP or the feather from 7.1?
    Gotta hit that assassin. Then you get a whisper from N'zoth. Afaik it has nothing to do with the gift of N'zoth though...
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    It's the sliver of N'zoth quest you're thinking of that rewards the "servant of N'zoth" title. It was assumed this was related to the Gift of N'zoth during the PTR for this patch, but it turns out it wasn't.

Currently on live, anyone can get this quest regardless of Gift of N'zoth status. To trigger it, you must first kill 10 opposite faction players and achieve the assassin buff. Upon doing so, N'zoth will whisper to you and offer you a quest, giving you a Sliver of N'zoth. The sliver eats some of your health and makes you universally hostile to all players, makes you neutral with a lot of related mobs, and allows you to kill your own faction. The quest is thus "kill 10 of your own faction." You can do this quest in a group of 5 if all 5 of you use the silver. You will be friendly with each other but hostile to everyone else. Dying fails this quest and you must start from scratch, completing it gets you the "Servant of N'zoth" title.

EDIT: Oh, forgot the main point of the thread. The only thing added to this patch for the Gift of N'zoth was that it now is removed when you leave BFA zones. It reappears if you return, but it is no longer on you all the time forever, only in BFA zones.

F U N D E T E C T E D
    U
    N
    D
    E
    T
    E
    C
    T
    E
    D
    Last edited by Oneirophobia; 2020-01-24 at 11:20 PM.

mehh still waiting patiently for what will happen. I aint removing it.

Hail hydra!

I forgot about that pvp thing. I think I should try that.

If nothing interesting has happened with it by the time SL pre-patch arrives, I'll remove it.
    If nothing interesting has happened with it by the time SL pre-patch arrives, I'll regret wearing it for this long.
    If nothing interesting has happened with it by the time SL pre-patch arrives, I'll never do a similar thing again and remove the crap right away.

Blizzard said there would be something. So far ive noticed nothing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Felrane View Post
    Blizzard said there would be something. So far ive noticed nothing at all.
    You can understand Shath'yar language now

I can't tell if the random whispers from N'zoth I get in the Ny'alotha raid I'm only getting because I have it or not. I haven't gone into the raid with a toon other than my main because there just aren't enough fucking hours in the day to do things on more than one toon in 8.3.

Anyway.

One of the whispers was "All eyes are open now, but yours were the first" which sounded a little suspiciously like I only received it because of the gift of N'zoth.
    Last edited by Nefarious Tea; 2020-01-25 at 01:37 AM.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

From the PTR, there'll be a short quest-chain where you and other followers of N'zoth talk about his apparent demise, disbelieving that he's really dead and it may be all part of some grand scheme, and basically telling you to lay low and bide your time. At the moment, similar to the treaty quests that are nowhere to be seen, it's probably waiting until enough people have done Ny'alotha to move the "global storyline"

That's the entirety of it.