The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

We aren't classes now, we are Essence/Corruption machines.

Certain Essences and Corruption Traits are so powerful, that for certain DPS specs their damage basically replaces spec abilities' damage.

Its all fun to press one button or dont press at all and still see Essence/Corruption doing 70% of my damage but this makes me question do we even play class or spec anymore or just temporary feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    Certain Essences and Corruption Traits are so powerful, that for certain DPS specs their damage basically replaces spec abilities' damage.

Its all fun to press one button or dont press at all and still see Essence/Corruption doing 70% of my damage but this makes me question do we even play class or spec anymore or just temporary feature.
    People wanted a change from Titanforging/Warforging MEME and Corruption/Benthic-2.0 is a change for sure.

You dont like it? Blame the few influencers who did the anti-TF/WF campaign - some of them dont even play Retail right now.
    -

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    People wanted a change from Titanforging/Warforging MEME and Corruption/Benthic-2.0 is a change for sure.

You dont like it? Blame the few influencers who did the anti-TF/WF campaign - some of them dont even play Retail right now.
    Why would I blame those people? The blame lies solely on Blizzard for horrendous balancing for Corruption effects. Especially the last minute buff to Infinite Stars shows complete detachment from reality. They completely ignored the numbers and released the whole system without tuning it at all. Now they'll spend weeks to - maybe - put it in a more reasonable place, but current state is terrible.

No one asked for this. If someone pees in your soup and you want them to remove it, you generally don't expect them to replace it with a steaming pile of shit.

corruption is fun. it's different.

Quote Originally Posted by monkaTOS View Post
    Which Essence/Corruption combo does passive 70% of your DPS?
    Yeah exactly. While Infinite Star deals high dmg, the proc chance is rather low. I rarely see it go higher than 3 stacks when doing 122 lev rares (which take pretty long to kill with current gear average).

Just another endless grind system. Boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should try to actually press some buttons if 70% of your dmg is star.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

So there is corruption or essence that gives me usable interrupt with low cooldown?

TF and WF got way out of control. Corruption is a decent enough system, but it shipped extremely unbalanced and makes me question how it got through like that.

Without corruption, I believe they are in a better spot with no TF or WF and having the last couple of bosses dropped +10 ilvl per raid difficulty.

Essences aren't as bad, but the aoe/cleave ones are pretty OP compared to the ones that aren't so AOE centric. I think the balance should be in favor of skill changing essences, such as the cooldown reducing or energy regen one, they should technically be more powerful because there is a possibility of squandering that essence.
    Last edited by StillMcfuu; 2020-01-25 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WraithKingOstarion View Post
    yeah,the system itself is fine,the problem is the multiple mountain layers of rng related to it,wf had 3 layers,corruption has 5 or 6,and the huge power gaps between them,a lucky tf vs a normal drop didnt add 20% to your dps as a difference

People wanted the system removed, not replaced, and definitely not with a crappier version of said system.
    Last edited by Flaim; 2020-01-25 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaim View Post
    People wanted the system removed, not replaced, and definitely not with a crappier version of said system.
    The loud minority wanted the gearprogression superiority from pre-WoD (6 years ago) and thats clearly not the direction blizzards wants for this game.

WF/TF at least had some benefits for the mythic raiders, since they ONLY needed WF to peak to the max-ilvl and 1-Titanforge proc alone was not really impactful and again mythic raiders with full just-WF-proc away from max-ilvl had the better side of it. But they wanted MORE and blizzard gave them FULL RNG Benthic-2.0-Procs with no benefits in mythic difficulty.

I dont mind the new system, just as with TF/WF regular players will get everything over time, while seasonal (raiders) will just need even more luck than before.

At least its a good lessons by the DEVs to teach some of the load minoritys to be reasonable with game changing demands for the wrong reasons.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    So there is corruption or essence that gives me usable interrupt with low cooldown?
    ye playing demo and not having an interrupt is aids

It's absolutely worse for balance at least early on now both in pve and pvp than titanforging ever was, and I'm not saying titanforging was a good system at all. When you queue an arena or look to compete with someone playing the same class as you in a boss encounter and you see them winning the arena or beating you soundly on damage with corruption being 1-3rd highest damage done it feels pretty demoralizing knowing you have to keep spinning the slotmachine for an unknown period of time before you are even allowed to compete fairly. While titanforging undermined the reward system along other things at least it wasn't a several thousand dps difference with one piece of gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post

I would like to see you mythic raid with just the essence/corruption procs.

How does being against TF/WF make you complicit in Blizzard's latest shitty RNG scheme?

Quote Originally Posted by WraithKingOstarion View Post
    No it’s not it’s a different name for Titanforging. The best Corruption effect being equivalent to a max Titanforge and the worst being +5. It’s literally more rng on gear garbage.