Page 12 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    The 3rd Sister calling Vader Anakin Skywalker. No, I do not like it at all. Vader at this point should be treating Anakin Skywalker as dead. There is no reason or way the 3rd Sister would know Vader is Anakin.
    Sure, if you completely and utterly ignore the very first scene of the very first episode where you can see her as one of the younglings escaping the Jedi Temple, and where we're clearly going to learn Obi-Wan had some interaction with as they made their (obviously failed attempt to) escape; you know, the same temple where Obi-Wan was a regular sight.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont think grand inquisitor died tho. Even cutting person in half doesnt kill them.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Cubed View Post
    Sure, if you completely and utterly ignore the very first scene of the very first episode where you can see her as one of the younglings escaping the Jedi Temple, and where we're clearly going to learn Obi-Wan had some interaction with as they made their (obviously failed attempt to) escape; you know, the same temple where Obi-Wan was a regular sight.
    Yeah, that doesn't actually explain it. Yes, we know she is a former youngling, but my issue is she knows Vader's identity, something that at this point in canon was originally treated as only Palpatine knowing. Tarkin, and maybe Thrawn, suspect it (I say maybe Thrawn as it is a little weird on the time line).

I fully expect to get an explanation later on, but saying "Oh, she is a youngling in the temple, therefore she totally could put together Vader is Anakin." is a bit much to accept at this time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    I dont think grand inquisitor died tho. Even cutting person in half doesnt kill them.
    If he died, that literally would completely retcon Rebels out of existence because the Grand Inquisitor is hugely important to Season 1. And plays a role in Kanan's development in Season 2.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2022-05-27 at 02:04 PM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

If he died, that literally would completely retcon Rebels out of existence because the Grand Inquisitor is hugely important to Season 1. And plays a role in Kanan's development in Season 2.
    I mean... people have complained he looks different. Maybe he's a different Grand Inquisitor? Who just happens to be the same species...? No?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    I mean... people have complained he looks different. Maybe he's a different Grand Inquisitor? Who just happens to be the same species...? No?
    I don't know how people would take that. But, yeah, that could work, but there would be some rage.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Pretty on the fence. If he ends up being worthless old man luke the entire show, someone is going to burn down Skywalker ranch. But it mostly seemed like setting up that he'll eventually snap out of it and be awesome again.

Mostly my entire reaction is so far is just hmm...let's wait and see.

Ewan remains A+ though
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

Yeah, that doesn't actually explain it. Yes, we know she is a former youngling, but my issue is she knows Vader's identity, something that at this point in canon was originally treated as only Palpatine knowing. Tarkin, and maybe Thrawn, suspect it (I say maybe Thrawn as it is a little weird on the time line).
    Yeah, that's your head cannon, not fact. Even ignoring that, a lot more people than you seem to think knew by canon alone. And considering how invested she is in hunting down Obi-Wan, if he wasn't specifically involved in what happened to her, the next best guess is that she trained under/was tasked by Vader to hunt him down, and he sure as fuck would have told her everything she needed to know about him.

Also, just LOL at all of you whining that they didn't give a full background on every character in the first episode. When, clearly, they're giving it to us piecemail, as demonstrated--yet again--by the first scene of the first episode.

How you people sit there whining about "bad storytelling" and in the same breath whine because they're not using bad storytelling, I'll never fucking know.

Out of curiosity, are you still losing your shit over Darth Vader? Since, you know, we didn't know he was Luke's dad in his first episode. Let alone Leia's. OMG such bad storytelling! How DARE they not exposition dump the entire plot in five minutes! The bastards!
    Last edited by Infinity Cubed; 2022-05-27 at 02:42 PM.

I really only have minor issues with the inquisitors.
    Like I said, I don't know anything about them. But the idea that people would forget about Jedi and the force in the 20 years after the Empire took over doesn't fit at all with a group of force users running around showing off their lightsabers and force powers to entire towns of bystanders... Or maybe Han was just a dumbass. /shrug

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    A minor thing that annoys the me to no end.

It is a minor spoiler.

The 3rd Sister calling Vader Anakin Skywalker. No, I do not like it at all. Vader at this point should be treating Anakin Skywalker as dead. There is no reason or way the 3rd Sister would know Vader is Anakin.
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I have no idea what the story is with these Inquisitors, but it's possible that he confided in her. Whatever beef she has with Kenobi seems too personal for it to just be a matter of her chasing clout.
    I haven’t watched the episodes yet but it’s quite possible she just put two and two together she wouldn’t be the first character to do so and if she has some grudge against Obiwan it wouldn’t be a stretch to look into Anakin to which would lead to seeing similarity’s.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, that's your head cannon, not fact. Even ignoring that, a lot more people than you seem to think knew by canon alone. And considering how invested she is in hunting down Obi-Wan, if he wasn't specifically involved in what happened to her, the next best guess is that she trained under/was tasked by Vader to hunt him down, and he sure as fuck would have told her everything she needed to know about him.

Also, just LOL at all of you whining that they didn't give a full background on every character in the first episode. When, clearly, they're giving it to us piecemail, as demonstrated--yet again--by the first scene of the first episode.

How you people sit there whining about "bad storytelling" and in the same breath whine because they're not using bad storytelling, I'll never fucking know.

Out of curiosity, are you still losing your shit over Darth Vader? Since, you know, we didn't know he was Luke's dad in his first episode. Let alone Leia's. OMG such bad storytelling! How DARE they not exposition dump the entire plot in five minutes! The bastards!
    The characters in canon that 100% knew at this time: Palpatine, Yoda, and Obi-wan*. Implied to know Bail Organa. Suspected it Tarkin and Thrawn. That's what the canon says. The canon says Vader considered Anakin Skywalker dead. Anakin Skywalker is reported to the public as dead ... that isn't "my head canon" that is literally what the canon says.

Ahsoka isn't going to learn until 3 BBY, to her knowledge at this time Anakin is dead.

And cut the attitude, I said it was a MINOR annoyance. Minor that I feel will be explained and that it doesn't really take away from the story. No one is making the argument you are saying, you literally are making shit up about my argument. I am not saying it is bad story telling at all.
    –The Sith Code

7+ Year Old Account

I fully expect to get an explanation later on, but saying "Oh, she is a youngling in the temple, therefore she totally could put together Vader is Anakin." is a bit much to accept at this time.
    Off the top of my head from comic stuff, Doctor amara knows, Padma’s hand maiden knows, the emperors weird bald lady knows, some random alien Merc who works for th e emperor knows, and Mabye a few others.

While it’s not wide spread info people in canon figure it out every once in a while.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Off the top of my head from comic stuff, Doctor amara knows, Padma’s hand maiden knows, the emperors weird bald lady knows, some random alien Merc who works for th e emperor knows, and Mabye a few others.

While it’s not wide spread info people in canon figure it out every once in a while.
    Sabe does not know at this time, if you are talking about the Vader comic series.
    That series is set 3 ABY and she is part of a group to kill Vader for the murder of Padme and Anakin.

And Doctor Aphra you mean? That is also post New Hope.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It was made pretty obvious she has a talent for reading minds. Maybe she just picked it up while in his presence.
    Or maybe Vader talked about his old master. There are ways it can be explained. I am not saying it is bad, just an annoyance.

The Thrawn novel with Vader is set after this, and set after the Duel with Ahsoka on Malachor where he is annoyed that Thrawn keeps treating Anakin as alive. And the inquisitor who cornered Ahsoka didn't mention Anakin being alive during that exchange.

Again, it is weird just because it is so different from other aspects in the canon. Again, annoyance, not bad. It is a scene that stands out, which was 100% intentional to do.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2022-05-27 at 03:12 PM.
    –The Sith Code

7+ Year Old Account
    Sabe does not know at this time, if you are talking about the Vader comic series.
    That series is set 3 ABY and she is part of a group to kill Vader for the murder of Padme and Anakin.
    Well ya none of these character (other then emperors bald lady) are around Prior to a new hope but they do show that inquisitive people can figure it out on there own (again excluding bald lady).

7+ Year Old Account
    Well ya none of these character (other then emperors bald lady) are around Prior to a new hope but they do show that inquisitive people can figure it out on there own (again excluding bald lady).
    And I don't have a problem with that. Could she figure it out? Absolutely.

It doesn't take anything away, it is just something like how and why does she know something that has been established as a closely guarded secret. Remember, Vader at this time has no knowledge his children survived or that Ahsoka is still alive. It was clearly meant to draw attention to the character being more than just the least of the Inquisitors.
    –The Sith Code

7+ Year Old Account
    And I don't have a problem with that. Could she figure it out? Absolutely.

It doesn't take anything away, it is just something like how and why does she know something that has been established as a closely guarded secret. Remember, Vader at this time has no knowledge his children survived or that Ahsoka is still alive. It was clearly meant to draw attention to the character being more than just the least of the Inquisitors.
    It would actually be nice if she’s suppose to be the most inquisitive of the inquisitors if she’s the weakest of them and she actually sees things other don’t and can pick up on things other would miss.

The inquisitors them selfs for the most part don’t really live up to the name and are generally pretty incompetent (haven’t seen fallen order) so having the weakest make up for it with actually being able to find stuff out would be fitting.

But again I haven’t watched the episodes so I have no idea if she comes across that way or if it’s just ham fisted knowledge.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2022-05-27 at 03:33 PM.

It doesn't take anything away, it is just something like how and why does she know something that has been established as a closely guarded secret.
    What makes you think it was a "closely guarded secret?" Not going around shouting it from rooftops doesn't mean something's a secret. It's just a fact no one cared enough to investigate; him scary big man, that's all most people need to know. As opposed to, say, Luke and Leia being his kids, which is an actual closely guarded secret.

If you want to complain about anything, it's Leia not overhearing it in that cargobay with Reva literally shouting it out from a rooftop 20 feet away.

7+ Year Old Account
    It would actually be nice if she’s suppose to be the most inquisitive of the inquisitors if she’s the weakest as the inquisitors and she actually sees things other don’t and can pick up on things other would miss.

The inquisitors them selfs for the most part don’t really live up to the name and are generally pretty incompetent (haven’t seen fallen order) so having the weakest make up for it with actually being able to find stuff out would be fitting.

But again I haven’t watched the episodes so I have no idea if she comes across that way or if it’s just ham fisted knowledge.
    Yeah, it hints as more. And I hope they develop it.

Literally, my only complaints are minor things with the Inquisitors. The rest is great. It isn't terrible, and she has potential to be good. She is kind of weak right now for me, but there is potential. There are things they could have smooth out, but that's it.

Like the problems with the first two episodes are minor for me and if that is the level of issue this series will have, it will be the best live action Star Wars series and could be some of the best Star Wars content of all time.

- - - Updated - - -

What makes you think it was a "closely guarded secret?"
    Let's see. There was a public announcement that Anakin Skywalker was dead. Vader is shown to push back when people who know he is Anakin mention it.
    Tarkin, who suspects, never confronts him about it for confirmation. Thrawn when he gets what he needs to confirm, informs Vader that he knows Anakin is dead.

The number of character who know immediately post RotJ is small and doesn't start growing significantly until around the time of ANH.

And the existence of a more closely guarded secret does not preclude another being one. Anakin after putting on the suit as it was shown in canon before now referred to himself most as Vader. I don't see Anakin advertising who he is to people. The only other person who knows and would share is Palpatine. So the number of people who would expose the secret is small.

If that isn't evidence it is a closely guarded secret to you, you have a completely different view of that phrase than I do. Hell, Luke being Anakin's son could be argued to be as well known as Anakin being Vader at this point. If Luke being Anakin's son is closely guarded how is Anakin being Vader not?

Also, Leia, who was currently in a ship, perpendicular to the room, of a tall structure, hearing names she has no reason to put any value to. From a person speaking names to a bunch of cargo containers. We can't even confirm Leia heard the names Vader or Anakin, and even is she did, what reason would she have to care about the names? Seriously, if you think that is the bigger issue than just the name drop itself, you're weird.

However, if you WANT a Leia complaint. You could wonder why Leia in ANH didn't mention Obi-wan saving her and only references his relationship to her father now. But, like with the inquisitor name dropping Anakin, that's a minor annoyance.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2022-05-27 at 03:58 PM.
    –The Sith Code

I just hope this isnt a flop like solo was

Quote Originally Posted by Clarinet View Post
    foxxy is basically no longer a fox - more like a badger this game

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clawsout View Post
    I just hope this isnt a flop like solo was
    Honestly, Solo was just a disaster that should have been pushed back and worked on more.
    Solo was a fun movie for me, it sucks that Kennedy took the WRONG lesson from its failure. We aren't going to get more Solo, because they don't want to recast because that failed. Like a character from Star Wars hasn't been recast before and people loved it.

No one was complaining it wasn't Billy Dee Williams and Harrison Ford as Lando and Han. Well, if they were, they were by far a minority.
    –The Sith Code

5+ Year Old Account
    Day 2 sw celebrations live now, host says "kenobi was pretty good right?"

Audience: silence

LOL