Page 15 of 92 FirstFirst ...
5
13
14
15
16
17
25
65
... LastLast
  1. #281
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    People are regularly killed for looking into Vader's past normally by vader him self.

    there's also stuff like this around vader's past being a secret. https://64.media.tumblr.com/542474a8...537o1_1280.jpg
    Again, "ignorance" != a "closely guarded secret." And also again, please show me all the evidence of people being murdered exclusively for trying to learn who Darth Vader is/was.

    I don't know who this mysterious Lorgar Aurelian is. It must be a closely guarded secret no one knows, and should anyone investigate the matter, they will doubtlessly be murdered for their insolence. OooOOooOohh. I mean, sure, any moderator could look at their IP address, email, and other contact information, but pfft pfft pfft, closely guarded seeeeeeeecret...

    As an aside, you want to know someone who's identity actually is a closely guarded secret? Banksy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    i really dug tiny leia. she had a great presence.
    Absolutely. She's effectively the new Baby Yoda, I'd wager. Love the spunkiness.

    I'm just really happy they incorporated her into the story, and as a key component of it. I had always wondered why she knew of Obi-Wan and trusted him with the Death Star Plans in the first movie, and it looks like we're finally getting a canonical answer to it.
    Last edited by Infinity Cubed; 2022-05-27 at 10:35 PM.

  2. #282
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    20,083
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Yeah, any of them inquisitors? You know, many of whom were Jedi who turned after Order 66?
    Killed for looking into vader? No I don't think so.

    I don't believe any of them ever look into vader and the only one's I can think of him killing were a couple who fall in love and wanted to ditch the whole inquisitor thing.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  3. #283
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Killed for looking into vader? No I don't think so.

    I don't believe any of them ever look into vader and the only one's I can think of him killing were a couple who fall in love and wanted to ditch the whole inquisitor thing.
    In other words, the arguments that she shouldn’t know he’s Anakin are just head canon. Got it.

  4. #284
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    20,083
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Cubed View Post
    Again, "ignorance" != a "closely guarded secret." And also again, please show me all the evidence of people being murdered exclusively for trying to learn who Darth Vader is/was.

    I don't know who this mysterious Lorgar Aurelian is. It must be a closely guarded secret no one knows, and should anyone investigate the matter, they will doubtlessly be murdered for their insolence. OooOOooOohh. I mean, sure, any moderator could look at their IP address, email, and other contact information, but pfft pfft pfft, closely guarded seeeeeeeecret...

    As an aside, you want to know someone who's identity actually is a closely guarded secret? Banksy.
    The people in the picture are Imperial admirals with clearance high enough to get into the emperor's own command lines and send out orders from them and they couldn't find even a hint of who Vader was, there was literally no info on him any where in the Empire with only the emperor's circle of bald girl and blue spiked dude knowing.

    as for people being murder exclusively for finding out who he was, here.

    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  5. #285
    I am Murloc! Asrialol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    5,737
    I'm not surprised the die hard Star Wars nerds have issues with the show. The majority who just find Star Wars fun to watch without going neckbeard deep into lore seems to enjoy it a lot.

    So far the first two episodes have better writing and acting than episode 4, 5 and 6 combined so I'm looking forward to the rest.
    Hi

  6. #286
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    20,083
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    In other words, the arguments that she shouldn’t know he’s Anakin are just head canon. Got it.
    um I already said earlier that it's possible for inquisitive people to figure it out and listed several examples of other characters who did. That's not at all at odd's with vader killing people who find info on him or it being kept a secret in the empire.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  7. #287
    The Unstoppable Force PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ██████
    Posts
    24,525
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    The people in the picture are Imperial admirals with clearance high enough to get into the emperor's own command lines and send out orders from them and they couldn't find even a hint of who Vader was, there was literally no info on him any where in the Empire with only the emperor's circle of bald girl and blue spiked dude knowing.

    as for people being murder exclusively for finding out who he was, here.

    Youre ignoring the context of that panel. That's new Vader who was told by Palpatine to assert his dominance as a Sith and enforcer. At the same time Imperials did not respect or fear Vader. Vader was deleting anyone and everyone who irritated him.

    Resident Cosplay Progressive

  8. #288
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    The people in the picture are Imperial admirals with clearance high enough to get into the emperor's own command lines and send out orders from them and they couldn't find even a hint of who Vader was, there was literally no info on him any where in the Empire with only the emperor's circle of bald girl and blue spiked dude knowing.

    as for people being murder exclusively for finding out who he was, here.
    See below. Context is a hell of a drug. Or more correctly, taking things out of it is.

    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Youre ignoring the context of that panel. That's new Vader who was told by Palpatine to assert his dominance as a Sith and enforcer. At the same time Imperials did not respect or fear Vader. Vader was deleting anyone and everyone who irritated him.

  9. #289
    Mostly functional but unclever, with clunky dialogue.

    Good:
    -Reva is being excessively cruel for no particular reason to (what she thinks) are randos. The guy from the Fast and the Furious pulls her aside, away from the crowd (1) and chews her out for being excessively cruel for no particular reason to randos.
    -Child Leia was an excellent actress in a franchise not known for its child acting.
    -owen:"I didn't do it for you." It's the little moments that sting.

    The Mediocre
    -Grand Inquisitors introduction: isn't there a better way to deliver this info without explaining it to some rando in a bar?
    -Grand Inquisitor/Reva fight: seems contrived he would try to knock her down a peg when the guy whose capture will give them a 2000 Space Buck bonus from Lord Vadar is right fucking there.
    - Obi Wan doesn't want anything to do with the Jedi. He doesnt intervene to help the guy who got stiffed. He tells the other Jedi to fuck off. Then he wants to train Luke? I get that's his only priority, still seems a tad emotionally inconsistent to me that in one scene Obi Wan emphasizes "the fight is over", then wants to train Luke to be a Jedi...to what end? It feels a Luke in the Last Jedi would be apposite here as a starting point for Obi Wan, a guy who has given up on the Jedi and is running out the clock in some cave.
    -Leia thinking Obi Wan was a bad guy felt like it happened for no other reason so he could save her with the Force.

    (1) it's a pet peeve of mine when oppressive baddies trying to look intimidating start arguing in front of the locals because the film crew didn't realize this looks bad, and you should go somewhere private first- so good job for not doing that!
    Last edited by Finlandia WOAT; 2022-05-28 at 12:25 AM.

  10. #290
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    20,083
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Youre ignoring the context of that panel. That's new Vader who was told by Palpatine to assert his dominance as a Sith and enforcer. At the same time Imperials did not respect or fear Vader. Vader was deleting anyone and everyone who irritated him.
    Are you talking about the Imperial admirals or the storm trooper?

    Because the storm troopers aren't him asserting any dominance that would be this earlier page The page where he kills the rest of the storm troopers is followed directly by this one where he tells the emperor he failed his mission hiding that it was deliberate, obviously there isn't gonna be any respect or fear from "failing" his mission.

    If you mean the admirals then you would be correct that they didn't respect or fear and given that they couldn't find any info on him they didn't think he should be in the position he was which lead to vader figuring that out and telling the emperor that he wanted to make an example and then him making said example.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Cubed View Post
    See below. Context is a hell of a drug. Or more correctly, taking things out of it is.
    see my reply, nothing is taken out of context Pacox is just wrong.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  11. #291
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Are you talking about the Imperial admirals or the storm trooper?

    Because the storm troopers aren't him asserting any dominance that would be this earlier page The page where he kills the rest of the storm troopers is followed directly by this one where he tells the emperor he failed his mission hiding that it was deliberate, obviously there isn't gonna be any respect or fear from "failing" his mission.

    If you mean the admirals then you would be correct that they didn't respect or fear and given that they couldn't find any info on him they didn't think he should be in the position he was which lead to vader figuring that out and telling the emperor that he wanted to make an example and then him making said example.

    - - - Updated - - -



    see my reply, nothing is taken out of context Pacox is just wrong.
    I don’t even know what your point is at this juncture. Care to state it plainly?

  12. #292
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    20,083
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I don’t even know what your point is at this juncture. Care to state it plainly?
    Vader kills people for finding out/looking into him being Anakin skywalker, Him being Anakin skywalker was a secret in the empire with there being no records of Vader's past at all with only the emperor's two assistances knowing who he was and some other's like Thrawn/Tarkin suspecting but never confirming.

    That of course doesn't mean its impossible for people to figure it out and not be killed by vader which has happened a few time's and I listed some examples in this post.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  13. #293
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Vader kills people for finding out/looking into him being Anakin skywalker, Him being Anakin skywalker was a secret in the empire with there being no records of Vader's past at all with only the emperor's two assistances knowing who he was and some other's like Thrawn/Tarkin suspecting but never confirming.

    That of course doesn't mean its impossible for people to figure it out and not be killed by vader which has happened a few time's and I listed some examples in this post.
    Right, your point isn’t a point then. You’re literally arguing for both sides of the discussion being had.

  14. #294
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    20,083
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Right, your point isn’t a point then. You’re literally arguing for both sides of the discussion being had.
    Um, no not at all.

    Something being kept a secret doesn't stop being kept a secret because some one else figures it out all on there own.

    Nor does Vader regularly killing people for finding out said secret not happen because he fails to kill Amara, He may still kill the hand maiden and merc the last vader issue ends on the skywalker cliff hanger.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  15. #295
    The Unstoppable Force PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ██████
    Posts
    24,525
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Are you talking about the Imperial admirals or the storm trooper?

    Because the storm troopers aren't him asserting any dominance that would be this earlier page The page where he kills the rest of the storm troopers is followed directly by this one where he tells the emperor he failed his mission hiding that it was deliberate, obviously there isn't gonna be any respect or fear from "failing" his mission.

    If you mean the admirals then you would be correct that they didn't respect or fear and given that they couldn't find any info on him they didn't think he should be in the position he was which lead to vader figuring that out and telling the emperor that he wanted to make an example and then him making said example.

    - - - Updated - - -



    see my reply, nothing is taken out of context Pacox is just wrong.
    Thumbed through that entire series to refresh my memory.

    So yeah those troopers were killed because he was trying to keep the whole mission under wrap. I wouldn't say it's because she named him but because he was irritated and they then knew too much about his mission. He could not kill her but he could punish her and they were her punishment.

    He does kill troopers earlier in the series because he basically feels like killing them instead talking things out.

    Not mad at having an excuse to look through that series again. It's extremely relevant to the show and I think it's still free with Amazon Prime if people want to read it.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2022-05-27 at 11:56 PM.

    Resident Cosplay Progressive

  16. #296
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    20,083
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Thumbed through that entire series to refresh my memory.

    So yeah those troopers were killed because he was trying to keep the whole mission under wrap. I wouldn't say it's because she named him but because he was irritated and they then knew too much about his mission. He could not kill her but he could punish her and they were her punishment.

    He does kill troopers earlier in the series because he basically feels like killing them instead talking things out.
    He isn't keeping the mission under wraps there are more troopers that saw her and there fight and her capture then the one's on that ship,The grand inquisitor also knew she was there and fought her, He didn't even know why he was on the mission until she tells him what the emperor would do with the data crystal, and most Importantly he kills her right after killing them before telling the emperor that she did it and destroying the crystal.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  17. #297
    I am Murloc! Darththeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    5,772
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    In other words, the arguments that she shouldn’t know he’s Anakin are just head canon. Got it.
    There has not been an argument that she shouldn't know but rather it is odd she does.

    These are not the same thing.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  18. #298
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    He isn't keeping the mission under wraps there are more troopers that saw her and there fight and her capture then the one's on that ship
    You mean the guy he just killed despite not knowing anything about who he was? That's your evidence that he's only killing the ones who know his "closely guarded secreted?"

  19. #299
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Um, no not at all.

    Something being kept a secret doesn't stop being kept a secret because some one else figures it out all on there own.

    Nor does Vader regularly killing people for finding out said secret not happen because he fails to kill Amara, He may still kill the hand maiden and merc the last vader issue ends on the skywalker cliff hanger.
    Maybe some low level people, but I can’t think of him killing anyone valuable, like an inquisitor, for finding out. It’s always for another reason and their knowledge of Anakin is incidental. So none of this has any real bearing on Obi-Wan or the Sister knowing Vader is Anakin. So, still not getting what your actual point here is that you’re trying to make.

  20. #300
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    There has not been an argument that she shouldn't know but rather it is odd she does.

    These are not the same thing.
    Except, you know, that it's not at all odd given who and what she is. Considering, you know, she's probably worked/trained with him both before and after his transformation.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •