Page 16 of 92 FirstFirst ...
6
14
15
16
17
18
26
66
... LastLast
  1. #301
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    A minor thing that annoys the me to no end.

    It is a minor spoiler.

    The 3rd Sister calling Vader Anakin Skywalker. No, I do not like it at all. Vader at this point should be treating Anakin Skywalker as dead. There is no reason or way the 3rd Sister would know Vader is Anakin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    There has not been an argument that she shouldn't know but rather it is odd she does.

    These are not the same thing.
    Really dude? No reason or way means she shouldn’t know. Your own argument that started all of this discussion.

  2. #302
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    20,104
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Cubed View Post
    You mean the guy he just killed despite not knowing anything about who he was? That's your evidence that he's only killing the ones who know his "closely guarded secreted?"
    Where did I say he was only killing people who knew who he was? He's Darth Vader he kills a ton of people for a ton of reasons, He kills the Squad commander for the hassle of being shot at by the clones and then kills the rest of the Squad when they find out who he was.

    What he doesn't do is kill the troopers not in the ship who still know about him capturing the Jedi.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  3. #303
    I am Murloc! Darththeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    5,772
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Really dude? No reason or way means she shouldn’t know. Your own argument that started all of this discussion.
    "No reason" =/= "Shouldn't know."

    So yes, dude. And given I have clarified this, you have zero excuse.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  4. #304
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    A minor thing that annoys the me to no end.

    It is a minor spoiler.

    The 3rd Sister calling Vader Anakin Skywalker. No, I do not like it at all. Vader at this point should be treating Anakin Skywalker as dead. There is no reason or way the 3rd Sister would know Vader is Anakin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    There has not been an argument that she shouldn't know but rather it is odd she does.

    These are not the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    "No reason" =/= "Shouldn't know."

    So yes, dude. And given I have clarified this, you have zero excuse.
    No reason and no way = shouldn’t 100%. If there’s no way then they shouldn’t know it.

  5. #305
    I am Murloc! Darththeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    5,772
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Cubed View Post
    Except, you know, that it's not at all odd given who and what she is. Considering, you know, she's probably worked/trained with him both before and after his transformation.
    Given that to my knowledge, no other inquisitor dropped his name. I am not up to date on the comics they appear in.

    And given other people close to Vader don't know, yes, it can still be odd.

    But what should I expect from a person who shares a definition they didn't even bother to read.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    No reason and no way = shouldn’t 100%. If there’s no way then they shouldn’t know it.
    Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

    In the given canon, everything up to this point has treated Vader's identity as a secret. Therefore, just because there are possible avenues, such avenues have not been explored in the current canon. In the old Legends, yes, there was more things there.

    Of course, Vader could have told her. Of course, she may have met Anakin as a Jedi and then Vader and put two and two together. But, we have NOTHING to prove one she ever met Anakin as a Jedi or that she somehow someone Vader would trust. So when I say no way is because the only ways require insertion OF head canon to explain. We don't know, therefore no way or reason is a correct statement.

    And it does not imply absolutely shouldn't know.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2022-05-28 at 12:12 AM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  6. #306
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Given that to my knowledge, no other inquisitor dropped his name. I am not up to date on the comics they appear in.

    And given other people close to Vader don't know, yes, it can still be odd.
    Again, most people don't give a fuck. Quick, who's Joe Biden's favorite uncle? Oh shit, don't know cause it doesn't really matter? Same difference. Vader is the "big scary boogey man." That's all that matters to most people. His name could be Anakin Skywalker ("Who?"), Frodo Baggins, or Bob McButtcheeks, it wouldn't matter to them.

    Not a secret. Ignorance and indifference.

    And if it were some big, super, closely-guarded secret, he'd be pissed at her from -- yet again -- literally shouting it out from a rooftop.

    But what should I expect from a person who shares a definition they didn't even bother to read.
    Your attempt at an insult would have merit if, you know, you were the one who didn't understand what words mean and repeatedly have to have them explained to you.

  7. #307
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    20,104
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Maybe some low level people, but I can’t think of him killing anyone valuable, like an inquisitor, for finding out. It’s always for another reason and their knowledge of Anakin is incidental. So none of this has any real bearing on Obi-Wan or the Sister knowing Vader is Anakin. So, still not getting what your actual point here is that you’re trying to make.
    As I already said it's possible for people to find out and not be killed, That has no baring on him regularly killing people who find out or it being a secret in the empire.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  8. #308
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Where did I say he was only killing people who knew who he was? He's Darth Vader he kills a ton of people for a ton of reasons
    Ah, finally! Cool! Glad you agree with everyone else now.

    Bitch was killing dudes just because. Not because anyone found out his "closely guarded secret." OooOOOoOOoOoohhHHh.

  9. #309
    I am Murloc! Darththeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    5,772
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Cubed View Post
    Again, most people don't give a fuck. Quick, who's Joe Biden's favorite uncle? Oh shit, don't know cause it doesn't really matter? Same difference. Vader is the "big scary boogey man." That's all that matters to most people. His name could be Anakin Skywalker ("Who?"), Frodo Baggins, or Bob McButtcheeks, it wouldn't matter to them.

    Not a secret. Ignorance and indifference.

    And if it were some big, super, closely-guarded secret, he'd be pissed at her from -- yet again -- literally shouting it out from a rooftop.
    Well, given that was the end of the episode, we don't have any idea what Vader's reaction would be because the only people we know could hear at an UNMANNED cargo tower were Obi-wan, and maybe Leia and the Grand Inquisitor. Therefore, the only people who could tell Vader she did that as of now would be herself or the Grand Inquisitor. You do know that they were specifically going there because there was a low number of people that would even be there, right?

    Also, something can be a secret even if no one but the secret keeper gives a crap about it. Again, going to my name, just because you don't care does not mean I don't care to keep it hidden. You not caring does not make it "not a secret." Things can be secret even if no one wants to know it besides those that already do.

    Your attempt at an insult would have merit if, you know, you were the one who didn't understand what words mean and repeatedly have to have them explained to you.
    Only because you are projecting your ignorance onto me because you can't admit you read it wrong.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2022-05-28 at 12:19 AM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  10. #310
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    As I already said it's possible for people to find out and not be killed, That has no baring on him regularly killing people who find out or it being a secret in the empire.
    Right, and him killing some troopers has no bearing on Sister Three’s knowledge so it’s irrelevant.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Given that to my knowledge, no other inquisitor dropped his name. I am not up to date on the comics they appear in.

    And given other people close to Vader don't know, yes, it can still be odd.

    But what should I expect from a person who shares a definition they didn't even bother to read.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

    In the given canon, everything up to this point has treated Vader's identity as a secret. Therefore, just because there are possible avenues, such avenues have not been explored in the current canon. In the old Legends, yes, there was more things there.

    Of course, Vader could have told her. Of course, she may have met Anakin as a Jedi and then Vader and put two and two together. But, we have NOTHING to prove one she ever met Anakin as a Jedi or that she somehow someone Vader would trust. So when I say no way is because the only ways require insertion OF head canon to explain. We don't know, therefore no way or reason is a correct statement.

    And it does not imply absolutely shouldn't know.
    Explain how she should know if there’s no reason and no way for her to know.

  11. #311
    I am Murloc! Darththeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    5,772
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Explain how she should know if there’s no reason and no way for her to know.
    Your question should be "how could she know" not "should."

    And I explained your answer in the post you quoted.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  12. #312
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    20,104
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Cubed View Post
    Ah, finally! Cool! Glad you agree with everyone else now.

    Bitch was killing dudes just because. Not because anyone found out his "closely guarded secret." OooOOOoOOoOoohhHHh.
    Ya he was totally killing them "Just because" that's why they put a reaction panel after her telling them who he was and then him telling her it was her fault, "just because", Totally.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Right, and him killing some troopers has no bearing on Sister Three’s knowledge so it’s irrelevant.
    Where did I say it had any bearing on sister 3?
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  13. #313
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Your question should be "how could she know" not "should."

    And I explained your answer in the post you quoted.
    No, you didn’t. You explained ways she could have found out. You said there are none. You also said there are no reasons she would know. We’ve explained reasons she could.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Ya he was totally killing them "Just because" that's why they put a reaction panel after her telling them who he was and then him telling her it was her fault, "just because", Totally.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Where did I say it had any bearing on sister 3?
    The discussion is about sister 3… non-sequitur then?

  14. #314
    I am Murloc! Darththeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    5,772
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    No, you didn’t. You explained ways she could have found out. You said there are none. You also said there are no reasons she would know. We’ve explained reasons she could.
    Because as of right now, we the audience are not told why or how she knows. She is a character that is appearing for the first time in canon, we know little about here. And given that neither Inquisitor in Season 2 of rebels when dealing with Ahsoka taunted her with Vader's identity or even suggested they knew it, it is weird that this newly introduce one did it with Obi-wan.

    We can guess ways she may have found out, but there is no evidence such ways could have happened.

    If I say there is no way I'll be a millionaire in my life, would you tell me I am wrong because it is possible?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The discussion is about sister 3… non-sequitur then?
    Part of the discussion is that Vader keeps his identity as Vader a secret.

    Infinity does not believe it counts as a secret.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2022-05-28 at 12:25 AM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  15. #315
    The Unstoppable Force PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ██████
    Posts
    24,532
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    He isn't keeping the mission under wraps there are more troopers that saw her and there fight and her capture then the one's on that ship,The grand inquisitor also knew she was there and fought her, He didn't even know why he was on the mission until she tells him what the emperor would do with the data crystal, and most Importantly he kills her right after killing them before telling the emperor that she did it and destroying the crystal.
    I disagree. They knew they were hunting a high value target, that's about it. None of those troopers knew why they were there beyond that. Even the GI wasn't completely informed. Vader kills the troopers as she starts just running off the mouth to antagonize him. He couldn't have the reason why he was there getting out after Palpatine already had him (Vader) operating contrary to the other Imperials. Name dropping surely irritated him, he treats Anakin like it's a slur, but his #1 objective was securing her while keeping not compromising Palpatine's mission (securing the whereabouts of some Jedi kids or something). Notice she clearly knew him but he killed some dudes who probably didn't even care.


    Honestly Vader and Palpatine often over complicate stuff for no reason. See Vader 2020 when both are clearly sick of each other at that point but instead of just duking it out they come up with Game of Thrones like schemes to get at one another.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2022-05-28 at 12:36 AM.

    Resident Cosplay Progressive

  16. #316
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Also, something can be a secret even if no one but the secret keeper gives a crap about it. Again, going to my name, just because you don't care does not mean I don't care to keep it hidden. You not caring does not make it "not a secret." Things can be secret even if no one wants to know it besides those that already do.
    Only because you are projecting your ignorance onto me because you can't admit you read it wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Ya he was totally killing them "Just because" that's why they put a reaction panel after her telling them who he was and then him telling her it was her fault, "just because", Totally.
    <just rubs his temple>

    Dunning-Kruger is in full Effect, it seems.

    Pointless to continue with people like this. You just can't reason with certain types.

  17. #317
    I am Murloc! Darththeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    5,772
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Cubed View Post
    <just rubs his temple>

    Dunning-Kruger is in full Effect, it seems.

    Pointless to continue with people like this. You just can't reason with certain types.
    I don't think you understand who is suffering Dunning-Kruger here.

    Hint: It's you.

    You keep bring up that if people don't care to find out the secret it is somehow not a secret. Despite the definition you shared not implying that.
    You think you have to actively suppress people finding out, despite the definition you shared not saying that.

    Your definition you share does not even supports your argument you made. Essentially, your argument is "Anything I think is a secret is one." If the 3rd Episode starts with either the Grand Inquisitor or Vader yelling at her for revealing what she did, that would suddenly make it a secret for you? I am sorry, you are the unreasonable person here, grow up.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2022-05-28 at 12:33 AM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  18. #318
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    20,104
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The discussion is about sister 3… non-sequitur then?
    Were you not following the discussion or something? Cube asked for proof it was a Secret, I provided said proof, that doesn't mean I'm going back to agree with Darththeo's questions about the 3rd sister and her knowledge level.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  19. #319
    I am Murloc! Darththeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    5,772
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Were you not following the discussion or something? Cube asked for proof it was a Secret, I provided said proof, that doesn't mean I'm going back to agree with Darththeo's questions about the 3rd sister and her knowledge level.
    I think Vegas missed all the times where Cube literally said Vader's identity isn't a secret.

    I don't know how.

    Honestly, I enjoyed our discussion on my issue before Cube highjacked it.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  20. #320
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    20,104
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I disagree. They knew they were hunting a high value target, that's about it. None of those troopers knew why they were there beyond that. Even the GI wasn't completely informed. Vader kills the troopers as she starts just running off the mouth to antagonize him. He couldn't have the reason why he was there getting out after Palpatine already had him (Vader) operating contrary to the other Imperials. Name dropping surely irritated him, he treats Anakin like it's a slur, but his #1 objective was securing her while keeping not compromising Palpatine's mission (securing the whereabouts of some Jedi kids or something). Notice she clearly knew him but he killed some dudes who probably didn't even care.


    Honestly Vader and Palpatine often over complicate stuff for no reason. See Vader 2020 when both are clearly sick of each other at that point but instead of just duking it out they come up with Game of Thrones like schemes to get at one another.
    Again vader kills her and destroys the crystal He isn't keeping any thing under wraps and isn't securing his objective he deliberately compromises Palpatine's mission him self.

    and more of a nitpick then any thing else, The GI isn't informed at all he's literally just jumped for treating books poorly.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Cubed View Post
    <just rubs his temple>

    Dunning-Kruger is in full Effect, it seems.

    Pointless to continue with people like this. You just can't reason with certain types.
    Let's see, you say they aren't hiding the info people are just ignorant of it, I link you a canon page that say's they is no info. You say people of rank could find the info comparing it to a MMOC mod checking my IP, I point out that the people who couldn't find any thing were admirals who went all the way up.You ask where vader has killed people for finding out who he was, I link a page showing him doing just that with a reaction panel to the info being dropped and every thing. You say I'm taking it out of context Because of Pacox, I post full context showing Pacox to be wrong.

    Ya, Id say your right. Dunning Kruger is in full Effect.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •