Page 19 of 84 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Kumail felt like a cameo, not a character, yanked out any star wars feels...

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Day 2 sw celebrations live now, host says "kenobi was pretty good right?"

Audience: silence

LOL
    That’s not how it went. They all cheered for Obi-Wan and then you hear a buncha yeahs in response to his question after the whole crowd had just cheered the show. 0/10 effort

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Kumail felt like a cameo, not a character, yanked out any star wars feels...
    What do you know about it? Your whole reason on this forum is to shitpost and to demonstrate that you know nothing about the stuff you talk about.

Generally I think it's pretty fine so far.

I am not so sure where to put and what to do with that con jedi, and it seems a little strange that someone would be able to con people with small technical gimmicks (aka "magnets") in a world with space ships and holograms.

And that Leia chase, it went from Benny Hill style slapstick to No Country for Old men murder in a blink. Like what?

But overall the direction seems fine. The start with the younglings might also mean they cater to some of the memes. Curious of we get some "hello there", "I have the high ground" or "I don't like sand" references. And let's see if the inquisition might come behind "Ben Kenobis" real alter ego after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Gotta love this place.
    What does being familiar with a written language have to do with two actors' similar voices?

Your whole reason on this forum is to shitpost and to demonstrate that you know nothing about the stuff you talk about.
    Gotta love this place.

Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Cubed View Post
    What does being familiar with a written language have to do with two actors' similar voices?
    It's 'Their', not 'There'. You're asking someone if English isn't their native tongue while failing at distinguishing basic words.

It's 'Their', not 'There'. You're asking someone if English isn't their native tongue while failing at distinguishing basic words.
    Yeah, a minor typo vs. a fundamental and repeated misunderstanding of definitions. You got me.

There are plenty of individuals who worked out who he was and lived - most prominently and recently Thrawn.
    Holy shit, man. You used a - instead of a — while going around criticizing other people's literacy and grammar? Not even taking the half second to use a double one in its place at least? Tsk, tsk.

Thrawn got to live because he was a) clever enough to not state the obvious, and b) was a highly valued tool for Vaders Master.
    A few seconds later, and you go and fail to use an apostrophe? Oh my stars and garters.

Gotta love this place.
    Last edited by Infinity Cubed; 2022-05-28 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The fuck is with the racist bullshit?
    ah yes, saying someone look like another is racist, today is clown day.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    You hit a lot of key points about people being able to piece together Anakin identity. Most people can't so the Empire doesn't need to do much. The Empire does really know, just some high profile officials.

Reva knows Anakin the Jedi. She doesn't know Anakin's connection to Tatt. She doesn't know about the children, they were a close kept secret and Vader didn't even know they were alive. She likely doesn't know much about his conversion. She was probably fed half truths like Obi is responsible for Vader being in the suit but they probably fed her tails of treason among the Jedi. She probably thinks the 501st was killing traitors and not committing genocide at the temple.

Someone learns Vader's name is Anakin. So? Unless they were a war buff, most of the Jedi records were destroyed or altered, it's unlikely they would connect Anakin the war hero to Vader. No one knows the families of the Jedis, it's not viewed as something important or notable in accordance to the way the Jedi operate. Maybe someone knows but I'm not sure sure Anakin knew much about Owen either. So it's completely plausible she had no idea Luke even existed, let alone was right under her nose.
    Right, but she knew not just his name, but his surname, this does not look like one surname common likes jones, if they did a scan on the planet, to look for a jedi, the name of the people would have come up and she would do the connection.

I was also thinking she could be the firs tentative of Vader having an apprentice
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2022-05-28 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Cubed View Post
    Yeah, a minor typo vs. a fundamental and repeated misunderstanding of definitions. You got me.

Holy shit, man. You used a - instead of a — while going around criticizing other people's literacy and grammar? Not even taking the half second to use a double one in its place at least? Tsk, tsk.

A few seconds later, and you go and fail to use an apostrophe? Oh my stars and garters.

Gotta love this place.
    It's not a minor typo, it shows a lack of fundamental understanding of the language. Try again, obvious burner account.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post

Right, but she knew not just his name, but his surname, this does not look like one surname common likes jones, if they did a scan on the planet, to look for a jedi, the name of the people would have come up and she would do the connection.

I was also thinking she could be the firs tentative of Vader having an apprentice
    Yes, saying 2 people of the same race look alike when they don’t and they also don’t sound alike is pretty racist. Welcome to the 20th century. Let us know when you’re ready to join us in the 21st.

Yes, saying 2 people of the same race look alike when they don’t and they also don’t sound alike is pretty racist. Welcome to the 20th century. Let us know when you’re ready to join us in the 21st.
    Middle age white man calling other people racist, welcome to the 21 century.

They do look alike in the episode, you are the one seeing as a race issue, because maybe, the racist is yourself.

They do look alike in the episode, you are the one seeing as a race issue, because maybe, the racist is yourself.
    No, they don't. They also don't sound anything alike. Stop trying to gaslight people to distract from your stupid comment.

The in-universe explanation for 'Skywalker' was a surname is that it's common...even though we only see 3 (4 counting Rey I guess) people will the last name.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

No, they don't. They also don't sound anything alike. Stop trying to gaslight people to distract from your stupid comment.
    I don't give a flying fuck about other people, i though it was wong, you people are trying to make a big of a deal with those stupid comments, end of the story.

- - - Updated - - -

The in-universe explanation for 'Skywalker' was a surname is that it's common...even though we only see 3 (4 counting Rey I guess) people will the last name.
    Ah well, if its that common i guess, but it sounds a lot cheesy to be common

Oof. It's always great to see Ewan McGregor as Obi-Wan, but everything else about these first two episodes have just been very mediocre to me. Some parts were just flat-out boring. A lot of the dialogue also feels very awkward (and that's saying quite a lot for a Star Wars film). I hope the rest of the episodes are better, but was surprised to learn there are only six.

Riiiight. The problem is that I don’t confuse two asian men who don’t look alike and don’t sound alike. It’s not your inability to tell them apart.

I don't give a flying fuck about other people, i though it was wong, you people are trying to make a big of a deal with those stupid comments, end of the story.
    Nah, first you mistook him, and that's fine, and then you said 'they sure look alike with that makeup', which they don't. You're the guy who made the stupid comment, and now you won't let it go.

We don’t know the surnames of the vast majority of people we see.

Riiiight. The problem is that I don’t confuse two asian men who don’t look alike and don’t sound alike. It’s not your inability to tell them apart.
    My inability to tell then apart is one thing, saying its because is "racism" is completely under your bigotry.

Guess if i say i though the actor from the Bourne series was doing transformers you are going to bitch as well right? cause you can stay on your pants. lmao

My inability to tell then apart is one thing, saying its because is "racism" is completely under your bigotry.

Guess if i say i though the actor from the Bourne series was doing transformers you are going to bitch as well right? cause you can stay on your pants. lmao
    My bigotry against racism? Weird thing to be upset about.