Page 4 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Untitled transformers project? Bumblebee 2?

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1703612/

Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi TV Show Gets New Writer.

https://screenrant.com/star-wars-obi...ow-new-writer/
    https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/obi...ld-1234569286/
    BY COOPER HOOD APR 02, 2020

In a new report from Variety, the trade reveals that Joby Harold is now set to write Obi-Wan. Harold has made a name for himself as both a writer and producer, with his latter skills getting him involved with Edge of Tomorrow and John Wick: Chapter 3. His most recent writing credit is King Arthur: Legend of the Sword, while he's also one of the writers on Zack Snyder's Army of the Dead. He has also been linked to a Transformers film and was at one point set to rewrite The Flash, but Obi-Wan will be Harold's first time writing for TV.

The hiring of Harold comes after conflicting reports over the status of the show's previous scripts. Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy said at D23 that all six episodes of the show were already written, but McGregor mentioned early this year that he's only read a few of them. Regardless of the current status of Obi-Wan's scripts, the timing of Harold's hiring should give him plenty of time to complete the scripts before production begins in early 2021.

Although Harold has an uneven filmography, it is now up to him to fix whatever problems might exist with Obi-Wan. Not only is he now responsible for rewriting the scripts, but his work will have a high bar to live up to. After waiting all this time for McGregor's return as Obi-Wan, Star Wars fans will want a story that was worth the wait and continues Obi-Wan's story in a meaningful way. Plus, Harold's work on Obi-Wan will inevitably be compared to the quality of work Jon Favreau did on The Mandalorian. Since it is now proven that Disney+ can deliver a memorable story in the galaxy far, far away, Obi-Wan needs to live up to expectations.
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2020-04-02 at 09:30 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Ewan McGregor Says 'Obi-Wan' Series Will Be a 'Standalone Season' (Exclusive)

https://www.etonline.com/ewan-mcgreg...clusive-152725
    By Meredith B. Kile* 6:53 PM PDT, September 9, 2020

"Spring next year we start," he revealed of production plans. "I'm really excited about it. It's gonna be great, I think."

And while fans are eagerly awaiting the return of another Star Wars series, The Mandalorian, McGregor noted there aren't any plans, yet, for a second season of Obi-Wan.

"As I understand, it's a standalone season," he said. "We'll see. Who knows?"

Wonder if Disney will bow down and say thanks to either the Empire or the Hutt Cartel, or some other scummy corporation, in the end credits.

It all depends on how much content they even have to work with and how popular it ends up being. I can't imagine Ben did much when he was supposed to be hiding from The Empire, but if they're creative enough with it, and it's a hit critically like The Mandalorian, he could be swayed to come back for a second season.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Wonder if Disney will bow down and say thanks to either the Empire or the Hutt Cartel, or some other scummy corporation, in the end credits.
    Which Hutt Cartel? Besadii, the one Jiliac/Jabba ran, or any number of possibilities for the third kajidic?

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Which Hutt Cartel? Besadii, the one Jiliac/Jabba ran, or any number of possibilities for the third kajidic?
    Is there one that routinely locks up people in internment camps and harvest their organs? That's usually the ones they go for. It's dope!

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Is there one that routinely locks up people in internment camps and harvest their organs? That's usually the ones they go for. It's dope!
    Besadii is probably your call. Ylesia was not a fun planet to go to.

5+ Year Old Account
    Ewan McGregor donned Obi-Wan Kenobi's costume on the set of The Mandalorian.

https://www.gamesradar.com/ewan-mcgr...e-mandalorian/
    By Alyssa Mercante 5 hours ago

No, he's not doing a cameo in The Mandalorian season 2

Ewan McGregor donned his Obi-Wan Kenobi costume on the set of The Mandalorian in preparation for the Kenobi Disney Plus series, according to the actor himself.

In an interview on the podcast Happy Sad Confused, McGregor and English actor Charley Boorman were discussing their motorcycle doc Long Way Up when the conversation shifts to the Obi-Wan Kenobi Disney Plus series. Podcast host Josh Horowitz asks McGregor if he's ready to get back into Obi-Wan's robes for the series, which will be directed by Deborah Chow (Chow directed episode 3 and 7 for The Mandalorian season 1). McGregor's answer (and another one shortly after) can be mined for some interesting information:

"Yes. I really am very excited about it. It’s been a long time coming...I am excited about the fact that it’s a series as opposed to a movie, it gives us more space, and mainly I am excited about it because of The Mandalorian series which I just thought was really good, and we’re going to adopt some of that technology that they utilized in that filming and I’m working with Deborah Chow who directed some of Mandalorian. I’m really excited about working with her, I think she’s really good. We did a couple of tests. When we were going to make a film earlier we did some testing and it was great working with her.”

Horowitz then asks if McGregor actually got into character for the camera test. McGregor responds with "We did it properly. It was a funny moment walking on set because it was a lot of The Mandalorian crew and I walked on - for me it was a big moment. I walked into the dressing room and there were my beige cloaks and my belts and boots and it was like - 'oh my god'."

So, it seems likely that Obi-Wan Kenobi himself was walking around the set of The Mandalorian season 1, as Chow hasn't been confirmed as a director for The Mandalorian season 2. It's also important to note that unless there's a flashback sequence (perhaps one involving Rosario Dawson's Ahsoka Tano), it's highly unlikely that Kenobi will make a cameo in the second season of The Mandalorian.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    I was talking about management of the projects, not the quality of the movies. Outside of TFA and TLJ every other SW project she has been involved in as a producer has been a clusterfuck. Constant shifting of directors, rewriting scripts, extensive re-shoots, massive amounts of drama behind the screen
    As a fan of Rogue One, and someone formerly in the movie industry with their family involved on some of the same projects (Scary Movie 2, The Crow: Redemption, High School Musical), with a couple of TV credits (Promised Land, Touched by an Angel), There's OFTEN rewrites, re-shoots, and drama can be a daily occurrence. You can have to reshoot a single scene up to thirty times at points to get it right, and even then, sometimes the cutting room hacks the film up in such a way rewrites and reshoots are necessary, even without drama. The ONLY franchises I've seen fans lose their minds over this are Star Wars and Marvel.

When The Incredibles 2 (who's original fans had gone from kids to being adults since the original had released) needed a rewrite and reshoots, did anyone bitch? Absolutely not. Everyone was onboard. When Star Trek goes through reshoots and rewrites, does anyone complain? Nope. Did anyone complain when Interstellar or The Passenger needed rewrites and reshoots? Absolutely everyone supported it.

5+ Year Old Account
    ‘Star Wars: Kenobi’ Reportedly Set To Film In Boston Next Month.

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2020/12/...on-london/amp/
    December 3, 2020 at 11:58 pm

BOSTON (CBS) — It looks like “Star Wars” is coming to Boston. A posting by the Film & Television Industry Alliance on productionlist.com says “Star Wars: Kenobi” is set to shoot in Boston on Jan. 4, 2021..

“Tatooine-a harsh desert world where farmers toil in the heat of two suns while trying to protect themselves and their loved ones from the marauding Tusken Raiders. A backwater planet on the edge of civilized space. And an unlikely place to find a Jedi Master in hiding, or an orphaned infant boy on whose tiny shoulders rests the future of a galaxy,” a project summary states.

A shoot is also scheduled in London for that date. There was no further information on exactly where filming will be in Boston.

5+ Year Old Account
    Hayden Christensen will be back, as Darth Vader, uhm, how? He wasn't doing the voice, no need to be in the costume...

I don't get this...must be a flashback or something..

...maybe it's not obi wan but Ahsoka's flashback to their fight..maybe ahsoka n kenobi meet in the show.

since they are making their MCUesque interconnected...
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2020-12-11 at 02:30 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Hayden Christensen will be back, as Darth Vader, uhm, how? He wasn't doing the voice, no need to be in the costume...

...maybe it's not obi wan but Ahsoka's flashback to their fight..maybe ahsoka n kenobi meet in the show.

Bringing back Christensen means they want his face, I'm sure. So we've got flashbacks, possibly Force projections, or we'll be seeing Vader without the helmet.

I feel like there's a decent chance we'll see live action adaptations of Kenobi vs Maul and Ahsoka vs Vader. I'm just not at all sure how they'll be woven into the narrative.

Frankly, I'm just curious to see how they flesh out Kenobi's time as a hermit on Tatooine. If they'll maybe go for a more cerebral character study focused on a single location, or if it'll be the more predictable route of him going on offworld adventures to keep Luke safe.

I feel like, had they not boxed themselves in so much, an obvious route would have been to focus on the rivalry between Kenobi and Maul, especially after they reintroduced Park as Maul in Solo. But Rebels kind of limits where they can go with a lot of the established character relationships.

That being said, the broken mask Vader scene, with both the Anakin and Vader voices layered on top of each other, was one of the coolest things they've ever done with Vader, I think. I'd love to see it recreated in live action. I wouldn't even mind if he had keep using the broken helmet until he could get a new one or something.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2020-12-11 at 04:33 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Liam Neeson Wants His Star Wars Character To Appear In Obi-Wan Kenobi Show.

https://screenrant.com/obi-wan-kenob...eeson-qui-gon/
    BY MIKE JONES 1 HOUR AGO

Liam Neeson is interested in having his Star Wars character return for Disney’s upcoming Obi-Wan Kenobi TV series. The new Star Wars spin-off hopes to find the same degree of success that The Mandalorian has enjoyed to date, and fans can’t wait to see what sort of challenges that Ewan McGregor’s Obi-Wan will face.

While the return of Neeson alongside McGregor would certainly be a lot of fun, it is important first to make the intended timeline clear. Disney’s Obi-Wan series takes place eight years after the events of Revenge of the Sith, meaning that Jinn will have long since been dead. This doesn’t preclude Jinn from being an active part of the new series, but it does mean that the character can only really return in a limited capacity as a Force Ghost. Of course, flashbacks could also contain the character, but these could be difficult to pull off considering that Phantom Menace was released over twenty years ago. Neeson is 68-years-old at present, meaning that to fit in a flashback aptly, he’d have to appear younger than at least 48 – something that could be done but might not be ideal.

If everything did work out as so many Star Wars fans want it to, and Neeson returned as Qui-Gon Jinn in the upcoming Obi-Wan Kenobi series, even a small role could be exciting. As one of the Star Wars franchise’s most mysterious characters, Obi-Wan lived a life that is sure to be rife with intrigue, even when he was seemingly hiding out on Tatooine in his later years. Delving into and exploring this character requires a certain amount of looking back, and because of this, Neeson’s Jinn could fit perfectly within that narrative.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the article is wrong, here he is today, trailer for 'the marksman' he doesn't look that old..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEBPNi4bEbc

5+ Year Old Account
    some tiny village complains about this huge set outside where they are, heh, I'd be thrilled if it was next to where I lived...

pretty large, is it on tattoine?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbi...dents-furious/

OBI-WAN KENOBI Set Photos Leak Online As Construction Sparks Complaints From UK Residents.

Production on the upcoming Obi-Wan Kenobi Disney+ series got underway just before the new year, and the first photos from the UK set have now found their way online courtesy of The Sun.

While the aerial shots don't feature Ewan McGregor or any other cast members, they do provide us with a glimpse of what looks like a partially-constructed alien village. The set doesn't call to mind any particular location we may have previously visited in the galaxy far, far away, but the design of the buildings is unmistakably Star Wars-like.

At any rate, this doesn't appear to be Tatooine, which would seem to confirm that we won't be staying on the desert planet for the duration of the series.

Unfortunately, the construction of such a huge set has resulted in a lot of complains from residents in the nearby village of Little Marlow, Bucks, as locals are said to be up in arms about wildlife being disturbed, light pollution and an increase in traffic. This is not expected to impede filming, however.

I'm surprised they aren't going to use the same method they used for The Mandalorean to do the set.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I'm surprised they aren't going to use the same method they used for The Mandalorean to do the set.
    Don't know if they are going to use the same tech, but Mandalorian did use lots of sets too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Pretty sure that tech was used mostly for backgrounds while they still had proper sets for tons of the scene, lot of that couldn't have been replicated with digital background
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

5+ Year Old Account
    Obi-Wan Kenobi Disney Plus Series Casts Indira Varma.

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/obi...ma-1234918782/
    Mar 1, 2021 2:32pm PT

Indira Varma has joined the upcoming Obi-Wan Kenobi series at Disney Plus, Variety has confirmed.

The details of the character Varma will play are being kept under wraps. She joins previously announced series lead Ewan McGregor, who will reprise the role of Kenobi from the films. Hayden Christensen will also appear, once again playing the role of Anakin Skywalker, a.k.a. Darth Vader.

Varma currently stars in the ABC legal drama “For Life.” She is also known for appearing as Ellaria Sand in HBO’s “Game of Thrones.” Her other recent TV credits also include “Patrick Melrose,” “Paranoid,” and “Carnival Row.” On the film side, her most recent releases were the crime thriller “Crisis” and “The One and Only Ivan,” the latter of which debuted on Disney Plus. She is repped by Gersh, Principal Entertainment LA, and Dalzell & Beresford Ltd.

McGregor confirmed that he was returning to play Kenobi in August 2019. Variety exclusively reported last year that Joby Harold is onboard to write the series after original writer Hossein Amini left the project. Deborah Chow, the director who helmed multiple episodes of Jon Favreau’s “The Mandalorian” on Disney Plus, has been tapped to direct the Obi-Wan series.

The series is reportedly set 10 years after the events of “Revenge of the Sith.” It is one of several “Star Wars” live-action series currently in the works at the streamer. Aside from a new season of “The Mandalorian,” others include: the “Rogue One” prequel focusing on Cassian Andor, “Rangers of the New Republic,” an Ahsoka Tano “Mandalorian” spinoff series, and “The Book of Boba Fett,” which is also a spinoff of “The Mandalorian.”

Deadline first reported Varma’s casting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post

Oh there's lots of ways.

1. Its a clone of Anakin.
    2. Its just someone who looks like Anakin.
    3. At some point, Darth Vader acquires some tech that allows him to live without the suit. Then later something happens that forces him to go back to the suit again.
    4. Maybe he acquires some sort of hologram tech that overlays on top of his suit to make him look like Anakin again for a number of years. At some point, the tech is lost. Or maybe he never wanted to use the tech but the Emperor forced him to for spy work and he resented it.
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2021-03-05 at 12:27 AM.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Oh there's lots of ways.

1. Its a clone of Anakin.
    2. Its just someone who looks like Anakin.
    3. At some point, Darth Vader acquires some tech that allows him to live without the suit. Then later something happens that forces him to go back to the suit again.
    4. Maybe he acquires some sort of hologram tech that overlays on top of his suit to make him look like Anakin again for a number of years. At some point, the tech is lost. Or maybe he never wanted to use the tech but the Emperor forced him to for spy work and he resented it.
    Vader has quite a few few flashbacks in the comics, there's no reason for him to not have more. Maybe they want to do parts with an unmasked Vader. People have learned the hard way that turning off the suit doesn't immediately kill Vader and breaking it just means he will rebuild it...after killing you.

Maybe Anakin clones were commissioned, but I hate how much clone usage as popped up in canon post Clone Wars. It's a writer trap.

Resident Cosplay Progressive