Page 40 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Vader let Piett live after multiple screwups. Because he knows the value of some allies. He won’t just go around snapping necks all day, there would be no one left. Pretty sure Robot Chicken parodied that.

5+ Year Old Account
    Even if reva suspected leia was heading to spaceport last ep, it is a SPACEPORT, it spans a large area n for reva to know exactly from where leia would enter...did reva magically have time to find n bully every spaceship crew to get her information n somehow beat leia?

There is no fucking way stormtroopers in sw ep.04 a new hope would have started shooting at han solo if they hadn't been informed where luke was heading, what spaceport docking bay han's ship was in.
    Luke n others would have flown off with nobody the wiser.

But who needs an informer when u have reva plot-armor...

And this time she...she put a tracker on leia's droid just in case she would escape under her watch? In case reva herself is incompetent? The same person that so well could find n grab leia in the first place?
    So reva is both super-capable n super-incompetent at the same time? M'kay.............

Who needs bad writing, when online folk can just rail on a character because she’s black. Much easier.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    She failed twice. Vader is not scary anymore - he lets shit slide if you have a back up plan - even if it relies on failure.
    At the very least he wouldn't have freaking praised reva after loosing both kenobi n leia, and the damage to the base.
    Reva should at the very least be on extremely thin ice but she got a high five from vader lol...I think its really the writers salivating over reva...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    And the show introducing two brand new faces right before the big raid on this base just shouted "here's the people that are going to die!" And of course, when one of them eventually does it's portrayed a long and sad scene, even though they did not establish that character at all, so the viewer likely does not even care in the slightest.
    His death was to show Leia the value of sacrifice. She just spent time having it drilled in her head that no one is coming for her. When Obi wan comes and saves her she's happy but doesn't know the price of it till she sees everyone else morn the dead pilot.

So far this show has been as much for Leia as it has been for Obi wan. It is showing her what the Empire really is and how she became a leader of the Rebellion by seeing first hand what it takes to fight it. She learns strength of character from these people on "the Path", unlike certain Star Wars characters who are somehow chosen to succeed.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    Who needs bad writing, when online folk can just rail on a character because she’s black. Much easier.
    Haaa haaa haaa

Wait, were u serious? Direct me to all the "racism" we gave to Giancarlo Esposito? Plz we eagerly await your finds.

Lol racism card is the last defense of someone loosing an argument, how pathetic.

Reva is a shit character, deal with it.

Vader: "I dont care about anyone but Kenobi!"

Also Vader: "You lost Kenobi!"
    "But I can give you the Path!"
    "Okay then, sounds good. Have a nice day!"
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    At the very least he wouldn't have freaking praised reva after loosing both kenobi n leia, and the damage to the base.
    Reva should at the very least be on extremely thin ice but she got a high five from vader lol...I think its really the writers salivating over reva...
    They do.

Just remember the previous episode where Vader is just this pompous dickhead who Force Neckbreaks random innocent bystanders. Toxic Masculinity.

But then this strong independent woman of color just makes him look like a wimp with anger issues.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    My only real issue with episode 4 was how loudly Tala was actually talking to Obi-Wan while he was sneaking around, and how they had things set so loud that a couple of dopey Stormtroopers were alerted by her trying to contact him again. How nobody heard her in that room will forever be a mystery. All she got was the odd look.
    Her talking "loudly" can be chalked up to the logistics of filmmaking and making sure the audience can actually understand what's going on. Kinda like when they turn out the lights at night in a sitcom and shit is still lit up like it's the middle of the day.

"The hero being discovered because they get a message on an extra loud communicator right as the bad guys are walking by" is just a silly trope.

Her smacking a stormtrooper in the head and...it actually working, on the other hand. Well, that will never not be hilariously bad.

Having now watched episode 4, I feel like Reva is actually overcompensating on the whole "I'm an angry badass bad guy" thing a bit. There is a moment right before she metaphorically (literally?) puts the screws to Leia where she seems like she genuinely didn't want to have to do that. inb4 we get some redemption at the end.

My only real issue with episode 4 was how loudly Tala was actually talking to Obi-Wan while he was sneaking around, and how they had things set so loud that a couple of dopey Stormtroopers were alerted by her trying to contact him again. How nobody heard her in that room will forever be a mystery. All she got was the odd look.

As for Obi-Wan using the Force to hold the water back, have any of you ever ridden a bike? You don't just forget how to do things, hence the saying. Also factor in the urgent need for its use and you get a man pulling things off he probably wouldn't have been able to in a more relaxed situation, much like real life situations when people have got the adrenaline pumping.
    That’s kinda the point I think? That she’s basically an immature try-hard who wants to impress Vader, in the hopes that his approval will undo the wounds of the Jedi purge. The parallels to Anakin and Luke are right there. The yearning for more, the inability to get it.

10+ Year Old Account
    As for Obi-Wan using the Force to hold the water back, have any of you ever ridden a bike? You don't just forget how to do things, hence the saying. Also factor in the urgent need for its use and you get a man pulling things off he probably wouldn't have been able to in a more relaxed situation, much like real life situations when people have got the adrenaline pumping.

In Star Wars: Rebels Kanen has trouble with the force when he loses his sight. It wasn't until the ordeal with the spiders did he relearn how to feel the living force and see through it. He had already learned to use it but the trauma of being blinded caused him to lose his focus. Confronting Vader after years of guilt refocused Obi wan, like Kanen with the spiders. He's not 100% yet and I doubt we'll see it in the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    That’s kinda the point I think? That she’s basically an immature try-hard who wants to impress Vader, in the hopes that his approval will undo the wounds of the Jedi purge. The parallels to Anakin and Luke are right there. The yearning for more, the inability to get it.
    I put this up on Jeremy Jhans Ep4 review and I think it fits this post quite well

"The thing about Reva to me is this, she was taken as a child to become an Inquisitor. She was raised by Jedi and then raised by Inquisitors. She REALLY wants to be Sith, but she does not have the "heartlessness" of the Sith. So when she tried to be menacing, it just came away as nothing. I mean when she sliced chicks hand off, the people really were not all that terrified either.

These Inquisitors are essentially children taught to be "bad" but have no real knowledge or experience of it. The only reason they have any fear from the populace is that they are Force users who kill. And they have Vader as their boss. Anakin KNEW battle, KNEW sacrifice, loss, pain, betrayal, envy, KNEW he was a badass. So when he commands a room he CAN command that room. He had real training, not the shit these wannabe sith got. Just enough to be killers, but not enough to be contenders."

Nah, I am not a big fan how it develops.

But I also see people taking things way too seriously. It's Star Wars, not The Wire.

Yes, obviously there should not have been a way for them to sneak into a highly fortified base, where they hid from storm troopers and droids. But the same can be said about smugglers hiding in a captured ship (and we know that only 45 minutes before the Empire was able to tell if there are lifesigns on an escape pod) and infiltrating a Death Star.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    Vader: "I dont care about anyone but Kenobi!"

Also Vader: "You lost Kenobi!"
    "But I can give you the Path!"
    "Okay then, sounds good. Have a nice day!"
    She told him there is a tracker on them ... which includes Kenobi.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Definitely felt like the weakest episode, but some episode has to have that dubious distinction, so eh.

It might have not been as bad if it wasn't so painfully predictable (100% of the Empire is wholly inept to the point of comedy) with no variance at all from old SW tropes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It’s almost like smuggling compartments are shielded from scans.
    Yes sorry, that invalidates obviously every other ridiculous trope from that scene like being able to silently overwhelm storm troopers from their shielded compartment while the whole ship is being investigated, and impersonating said soldiers by simply putting on their armor, having the empire leaving the ship unguarded after they realized enemies sneaked on board while going on a comical wild goose hunt after them on a military station without any form of surveillance and purely incompetent security, including Storm Troopers not realizing the huge hole in their prison tract leading directly to their trash compactor and not being able to dispatch someone there within 10 minutes?

The whole story is full of loopholes, but now people tend to take a closer look and overanalyze obvious story accommodations.

the part where the sith lord said to leia 'the only person who can save you, is yourself' had a level of irony and lack of self awareness that wasn't lost on me. ill admit I don't really care much for star wars anymore, peak starwars for me is kotor 2. I don't think Disney will ever pump out something of the same calibre so for me this is just like an exercise in how many plot holes I can see them dig for themselves. at this stage I don't expect to learn anything new. I might be totally wrong but I feel like that sith lord lady is going to switch sides and probably die for it in the end. ill keep watching the show to see if it plays out that way. I don't know why but it feels like its building up to some sort of redemption arc. the ex machinas are pretty freaking hilarious though, 'oh no, how are they going to get out of this one'.

I have no problem with shows these days filling the diversity quota, it is a bit obvious that its happening but I don't really care that it is beyond the fact that its a bit obvious. i'm of the mindset that you should just pick the person to play the role which fits the story you're trying to tell. in a lot of cases it probably makes no difference what race, colour or gender ppl are unless the story itself explicitly implies they are x y or z. a lot of roles could be completely interchangeable.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2022-06-09 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    SNIP....
    I don't expect to learn anything new. I might be totally wrong but I feel like that sith lord lady is going to switch sides and probably die for it in the end. ill keep watching the show to see if it plays out that way. I don't know why but it feels like its building up to some sort of redemption arc. the ex machinas are pretty freaking hilarious though, 'oh no, how are they going to get out of this one'.
    That is actually the current prevailing theory both before the show came out and when the so called "leak" was spilled saying nearly the same thing.

She will have the ability to kill Luke or Leia or both. Then have a Redemption arch. Tell Vader she killed Kenobi and in turn he knows she's lying "Because even he didn't pull that off." and Vader kills Reva. It will have little to nothing to do with the Show Runner Kenobi as he will be a side character by that point in his own show.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    That is actually the current prevailing theory both before the show came out and when the so called "leak" was spilled saying nearly the same thing.

She will have the ability to kill Luke or Leia or both. Then have a Redemption arch. Tell Vader she killed Kenobi and in turn he knows she's lying "Because even he didn't pull that off." and Vader kills Reva. It will have little to nothing to do with the Show Runner Kenobi as he will be a side character by that point in his own show.
    Ill be totally honest I had no idea, I usually go into these things completely blind. it really does just feel like its going that way. there aren't that many sith redemption stories not that i've seen anyway. kenobi himself I know they did a bunch with him in the animated shows which I still haven't seen. at some point hes obviously going to become a lot more boring while he ages for 20 years in the desert and forgets his name. it'll be interesting to see how it leads into the original trilogy.

I think they've handled him as best as they could, those first couple of episodes were what I would have expected, hes defeated and I think ewan portrayed that well. the story itself is odd though, leia was a fugitive for 10-15 years? i'm not sure how they are going to reconcile bringing her in at this age. that plot point probably isn't going to mesh well with the beginning of new hope. it already doesn't make that much sense because the message she gave luke goes something like 'you fought with my farther in the clone wars' but the tvshow is setting up a relationship that wasn't reflected in the original trilogy. they didn't know each other as well as this show implies.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geckoo View Post
    My only issue with Leia is that she doesn't look like a 10 year old, she looks younger so the combination of the way she speaks and the way she looks end up being funny... but as far as issues go, is pretty much irrelevant. The actress actually has that age and she does a great job with the character, so who cares? is just a really small kid with some silly star wars clothes and hairstyle that makes her look younger than she actually is.
    Sure - the fact is, in real life, kids in the ages of 10-16/17 can vary very differently in how they all look compared to each other, even in the same age. Girls and boys can vary wildly in height and other age-marker developments even within 1-3 years of each other and their peers. Having two nieces around this age and attending soccer events and other school gatherings I am often struck by how different all the kids 'of the same age' can look from each other. Some are a foot taller than their friends, some are developing breasts/growing facial hair/2ndary characteristics and some aren't. etc. I can look at one 10 year old and "see 10 years old' and look to the 10 year old standing next to them and think they are 14.

You really see this (IMO) in the newest season of Stranger Things (if you watch that). Where you have, due tot he pandemic, kids who in Seasons 1-3 WERE closer to the same age (or same age) as their characters and 'looked the part' relative to each other - but now they are not. Now we have 18-20 year olds playing 14/15 and those 2-3 years of puberty have definitely hit each of these actors differently. Where some still look 14/15 (age of characters), but others definitely do NOT look 14 anymore and even their 'friend group' no longer looks like they're all in the same grade.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Actually, it’s AI that sounds like James Earl Jones. It’s not him actually performing the lines.
    Thank you for clarifying that for me! I knew it was 'roughly' James Earl Jones, and definitely not Haden Christensen speaking. But something about the voice also sounded 'off' - NOW THAT MAKES SENSE!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Nah, I got it. I just thought it was amusing to think about this show like it's Les Mis.
    Damnit...but now I can't stop! Space Javert he will now always *also* be known as. DOH!
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.