Page 47 of 92 FirstFirst ...
37
45
46
47
48
49
57
... LastLast
  1. #921
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Nah, man. Its very existence is a Slap in the Face™!!!

    But the current Diablo Immortal fiasco is pretty apropos of the "you're all going to watch it anyway" thing: Guy spends $10k on the game just to prove that the company is evil for monetizing the game so much...everyone eats it up...and people wonder why these nefarious companies keep doing the very thing we're pretending to be outraged about.
    Exactly. And everyone will move on from the impotent rage after a few weeks when the next thing on the internet to rage over shows up.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Dream on, I can't see many doing that.
    Now read the next few words that you cut out.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Dread Pirate Phayde View Post
    You clearly underestimate the power of hate watch videos. There are many channels on YouTube that will watch something to specifically make videos and talk about how bad they perceive it to be. Hell some of them are making videos longer than two episodes of Kenobi on why it's so "bad", so yes, they'll definitely watch a Reva series just for the money they'd make.
    Clickbait rage on YouTube for the gullible/hateful is, dare I say it, all the rage.

  2. #922
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Clickbait rage on YouTube for the gullible/hateful is, dare I say it, all the rage.
    There are a lot of channels I unsubbed from because they found how popular hate is, so thats all they do, and most of the time it's not even constructive, it's just Disney = Bad, or Blizzard = Bad.

    Same with some websites, Bounding into Comics used to be a decent site, then they figured out they can stoke the fires of outrage.

  3. #923
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread Pirate Phayde View Post
    There are a lot of channels I unsubbed from because they found how popular hate is, so thats all they do, and most of the time it's not even constructive, it's just Disney = Bad, or Blizzard = Bad.

    Same with some websites, Bounding into Comics used to be a decent site, then they figured out they can stoke the fires of outrage.
    yep. It used to be that "sex sells." While it still does, there is nothing quite like a bit of "outrage" on the internet to draw people in, even if it is entirely lacking in facts.

  4. #924
    I am Murloc! Darththeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    5,769
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    yep. It used to be that "sex sells." While it still does, there is nothing quite like a bit of "outrage" on the internet to draw people in, even if it is entirely lacking in facts.
    Outrage is just a driving factor is so much right now, not just movies.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  5. #925
    There was one Star Wars channel a while back, I think Thor Skywalker, who didn't say anything and went like 3 months without making negative videos on the sequels, just pretty normal commentary on whatever. He then made a video talking about how his income had been halved almost immediately and his sub growth stopped in its tracks.

    Just like all media, creators have to follow the audience if they want to make a living, ya? Pretty wild stuff!

  6. #926
    How strange, given the sheer number of channels that do nothing but positive spins/comment on Easter Eggs that do well. But, you know, facts.

  7. #927
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    20,070
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    I have played Sw:tor on ALL classes both Light and Dark and your assessment of that is completely WRONG. At least from a player perspective and even some of the more notable characters do not act like teenagers on an emo tantrum. But that is a topic for another time.
    Did we play different SWtors because sith in that act like teen abets all the time and constantly throw tantrums.

    The best example is proabbly Darth Baras who not only was on the Sith councils but also almost became the speaker for the emperor.

    Then there’s death Thanaton who is upset about your rise through the ranks and betrays the empires war effect because of it before whining before the council about you after you Beat him, and then there are countless lower Sith like the acolyte trainer for the SI who goes against his own masters wishes because he wants a pure blood to be elevated not a slave.

    There are are likely more teenage esc Sith in Swtor then not.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  8. #928
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Cubed View Post
    How strange, given the sheer number of channels that do nothing but positive spins/comment on Easter Eggs that do well. But, you know, facts.
    I think it's more like once you get an audience for x, changing (or being perceived to change) is a big deal.

    Since we get to choose our media now we all just watch stuff that reinforces our views all the time

  9. #929
    The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    DS9
    Posts
    20,134
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Did we play different SWtors because sith in that act like teen abets all the time and constantly throw tantrums.
    Comparing poorly acted characters with beautifully animated and voiced over characters. Ok.
    The problem is not with the writing.

    Hint: Inquisitors in Rebels were AWESOME, while even MORE PETTY. They were believable. They were not teenagers, they were Sith.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2022 - that's two-zero-two-two, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of double-masked tripple-jabbed sissies who stand with Ukraine.

  10. #930
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    72,681
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Did we play different SWtors because sith in that act like teen abets all the time and constantly throw tantrums.

    The best example is proabbly Darth Baras who not only was on the Sith councils but also almost became the speaker for the emperor.

    Then there’s death Thanaton who is upset about your rise through the ranks and betrays the empires war effect because of it before whining before the council about you after you Beat him, and then there are countless lower Sith like the acolyte trainer for the SI who goes against his own masters wishes because he wants a pure blood to be elevated not a slave.

    There are are likely more teenage esc Sith in Swtor then not.
    I've done 7 of the 8 class stories through to the finish, though just once each. My Dark-Side Sith Inquisitor was the fucking silliest thing, and not for the core story (which was kind of neat), but the Dark-side choices. Nearly all of them for that class boiled down to "shock the guy with Sith Lightning and cackle like a banshee at how EEEVULLL you are".

    Light-side Sith Warrior was fun as hell, though. The general feel is "The Sith could be great, but you're all emo torture babies and it's fucking pathetic." You can keep that right on into the DLC when you're mouthing off to the Emperor himself who's stuck in your head, who at least isn't written to be a moron.


  11. #931
    The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    DS9
    Posts
    20,134
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I've done 7 of the 8 class stories through to the finish, though just once each. My Dark-Side Sith Inquisitor was the fucking silliest thing, and not for the core story (which was kind of neat), but the Dark-side choices. Nearly all of them for that class boiled down to "shock the guy with Sith Lightning and cackle like a banshee at how EEEVULLL you are".
    Well Dark Side inquisitor is kinda mad. What with all those other personalities inside. At least it was fun.

    P.S. Played all class stories Light and Dark 16 walkthrus, not proud.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2022 - that's two-zero-two-two, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of double-masked tripple-jabbed sissies who stand with Ukraine.

  12. #932
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    001100010010011110100001101101110011
    Posts
    21,530
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Leia may know something, even if it is small. There is no reason to assume she knows absolutely nothing of value.
    Regardless of how Leia got there, she may know something of the path and that potential information is valuable to the Inquisitors.



    There was no evidence an air attack was going to come.

    "They should be expecting it because I say so." That's your argument. It's fictional.

    In the first movie, we see that the Empire did not consider a single fighter a threat to the Death Star. And even when they determined there was a risk to Rebel attack, Tarkin refused to evacuate or even prepare to. You are ignoring that the Empire is arrogant.



    Vader is doing what Vader does, but it doesn't make sense he didn't kill Reva despite being in what his character is shown to have be ... therefore bad writing?

    Two of your complaints are literally "Star Wars being what Star Wars is doesn't make sense!"

    Radar is a thing in star wars. There is no way they should have been able to sneak up to the base.
    I have a fan. Seems he was permabanned.
    Yo, don't mind my "street talk"

  13. #933
    I am Murloc! Darththeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    5,769
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Radar is a thing in star wars. There is no way they should have been able to sneak up to the base.
    Radar only works is there is someone paying attention to it. If the radar had an auto alert system, someone has to respond to it.

    Again, the Empire routinely is shown that they underestimate the dangers that their opponents could present.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  14. #934
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    20,070
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Comparing poorly acted characters with beautifully animated and voiced over characters. Ok.
    The problem is not with the writing.

    Hint: Inquisitors in Rebels were AWESOME, while even MORE PETTY. They were believable. They were not teenagers, they were Sith.
    I wouldn't quite say Swtor is beautifully animated, but that's besides the point. I'm not comparing any characters I'm contesting that Swtor Sith don't act like teen agers or throw tantrums with a few examples given.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2022-06-11 at 07:17 PM.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  15. #935
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    001100010010011110100001101101110011
    Posts
    21,530
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Radar only works is there is someone paying attention to it. If the radar had an auto alert system, someone has to respond to it.

    Again, the Empire routinely is shown that they underestimate the dangers that their opponents could present.
    Just stop... you think a top secret base isn't going to have radar manned? or in the star wars universe with faster than light travel they don't have a automated alert system for ships flying towards a top secret military base?

    Does it ruin the show? for me no. It is bad/not thought out writing? Very much so yes....
    I have a fan. Seems he was permabanned.
    Yo, don't mind my "street talk"

  16. #936
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    72,681
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Just stop... you think a top secret base isn't going to have radar manned? or in the star wars universe with faster than light travel they don't have a automated alert system for ships flying towards a top secret military base?
    In Star Wars? Absolutely. They're consistently shown using primarily active scanning, not passive. If someone isn't sitting at a console and actively choosing to look for things, then nobody's looking.

    See also the Millenium falcon managing to hide on the back of a Star Destroyer's bridge tower. There were no automated systems recording the Falcon's flight path that could be rewound to follow where it went; the dude manning the scanners lost track in the chaos, and that's that.

    See also security/scout droids who have "eyes" that aim in one direction, rather than a 360 degree field of vision. See also that they don't have manned camera systems, like, anywhere. It's just how things work in the setting. It may be silly, but it's been part of the setting the whole time.

    Also, the Fortress Inquisitorius is barely "secret". It's clearly highly trafficked; we see a metric ton of troops and officers there. There's gonna be consistent supply and materiel transports in and out, as well as troop transfers. It's just not an openly-admitted fact to the Imperial public. If they were REALLY trying to keep it a secret, you wouldn't build a giant black monolith poking out on a water planet; you'd at least leave off the above-water bit, and you'd make it as self-sufficient as possible to minimize traffic to and from. It's more like Area 51 or something; if you're a local or you're paying, like, any attention, you can totally tell it's there, but the government doesn't give press releases about it or what's done there.
    Last edited by Endus; 2022-06-11 at 07:41 PM.


  17. #937
    The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    DS9
    Posts
    20,134
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    I wouldn't quite say Swtor is beautifully animated, but that's besides the point. I'm not comparing any characters I'm contesting that Swtor Sith don't act like teen agers or throw tantrums with a few examples given.
    There are very few Sith who act like teenagers - they all end up dead. Your examples are not that. There's a lot of context and depth to Baras, you would've known that if you played the Sith Warrior story. He is no teenager. Just a Pompous Ass.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    In Star Wars? Absolutely.
    And yet Death Star has TIE-fighter patrols flying far enough, and the Death Star itself is littered with Turbo-laser turrets, especially the trench.

    Usual military stuff. If we assume they have no passive radars (which is ridiculous) that makes sense they would use physical patrols to scan for intruders. After all fighter pilots are no good chilling at the cantina.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2022 - that's two-zero-two-two, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of double-masked tripple-jabbed sissies who stand with Ukraine.

  18. #938
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    20,070
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    There are very few Sith who act like teenagers - they all end up dead. Your examples are not that. There's a lot of context and depth to Baras, you would've known that if you played the Sith Warrior story. He is no teenager. Just a Pompous Ass.
    I've played through the sith warrior story 3 or 4 times, Baras absolutely acts like a teenager he pretends to mature and superiors and when thing's don't go his way he throws tantrums and he acts the same way all the way up to his death in front of the council.

    https://youtu.be/05jf_k5hBxM

    many other Sith act the same way or show other teenager characteristics rather it be lashing out, whining, being overly edgy ect.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2022-06-11 at 08:31 PM.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  19. #939
    The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    DS9
    Posts
    20,134
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    I've played through the sith warrior story 3 or 4 times, Baras absolutely acts like a teenager he pretends to mature and superiors and when thing's don't go his way he throws tantrums and he acts the same way all the way up to his death in front of the council.

    many other Sith act the same way or show other teenager characteristics rather it be lashing out, whining, being overly edgy ect.
    Baras is a typical Grandiose Narc. Don't confuse a personality disorder with being a teenager.

    Look at any US politician and see how they behave when things don't go their way or someone calls their bluff.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2022 - that's two-zero-two-two, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of double-masked tripple-jabbed sissies who stand with Ukraine.

  20. #940
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    How old was Anakin when he became Vader? How much time has passed? Because it sounds as if he's still a temperamental immature psycho.
    Temperamental immature psychos describes almost every Sith seen in the movies in the first place. Only Dooku and Palpatine seen able to somewhat keep their cool, the rest all act like emo teens that happen to have psychic powers and laser swords.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

    The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •