Page 64 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post
    Yes yes, no true Scotsman would complain about anything. If you ever find any piece of Star Wars media less than 11/10, you're not a true fan. Impossible. Can't be.
    I know attacking straw men is easy, but if you want to get back to actually having a conversation, we'll welcome you back any time.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Love that you missed this shit happening to GI IN THIS SERIES and still have this stance. Also say hi to Maul when you catch up.
    Okay another person that literally cant read. Read the last line again, I know, its hard, but you can do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Your entire problem is 100% a you problem, then. If a battlestation that blows up a planet and can travel faster than the speed of light doesn't suspend your disbelief, but people surviving wounds that would be fatal to us in the real world - that's a you issue. Star Wars has always had magic, even if you disregard the Force, like Bacta, that can miraculously heal basically any injury - excepf for when you're Anakin Skywalker, then the plot demands you suffer.

Heck, Star Wars has people continuing to interact with the real world after their death. The Force is strong enough so people can keep existing and communicating with people alive, but Force users (especially motivated ones) that get stabbed is to much?

- - - Updated - - -

Two people can suffer the same wound. One lives, one dies. That's pretty normal in medicine.
    Pretty uncommon that one dies and the other is completely fine days later. You can be cool with it, doesn't mean I have to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Some people have been shot in the head and live, for most people that's lethal.

For most of Star Wars, time isn't defined. There are only 4 movies that have something that is timed, 2 of them are only in part of the movie (ANH and TFA) which the other two, the timeline is part of the plot.
    So, how much time has actually passed between scenes for most of Star Wars is unknown. For all we know for example with the Grand Inquisitor, he was in a bacta tank for over a week because we aren't told anything about how much time exists between scenes.

And Qui-Gon didn't die instantly. Also, don't tell me to keep up when you fell on your face. I didn't say you said anything about Maul. I am pointing out that someone surviving injuries like this is far more normal in Star Wars than them dying. Qui-Gon appears the exception, not the rule. And was so even before Disney, so this isn't a Disney thing. The difference is as simple as Qui-Gon accepted his death while others refused to die.

The only reason it is lazy is because it is repeated again in the same story. You don't have to like it, but if this really bothers you then you don't actually like Star Wars.
    The great bacta deux ex machina, another shit writing tool. Qui-gon died pretty soon after, it isn't like he lasted days or weeks or hours. I was pointing to the other mouth breathers that can't read my posts about Maul. I would disagree that it is common, I would say it is uncommon for humans to get gutted and survive a lightsaber.

Nice gate keeping with your excuse, how about I just turn it, you aren't a true star wars fan if you are okay with this bad writing and her living. See how dumb that is. You can enjoy lazy/bad writing i wont.
    Last edited by bledgor; 2022-06-18 at 09:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post
    Yes yes, no true Scotsman would complain about anything. If you ever find any piece of Star Wars media less than 11/10, you're not a true fan. Impossible. Can't be.
    That's not what Endus is saying.

Endus is saying that people are complaining about things in Kenobi that are consistent with Star Wars as a whole as not making sense. However, it is internally consistent. Qui-Gon's death is the exception, not the rule.

Luke should have died multiple times in ESB, but live thanks to the "magic" two minute bacta bath for one. And was saved from falling to his death by the odd design choices of Cloud City. They aren't complaining about Bacta saving Luke, they accept it ... but Bacta saving other people? No, you can't do that.

I would be like if Overwatch introduced a Hero that was a super intelligent dog and going "THIS DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE!" despite having established animals have been genetically modified to be more intelligent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    The great bacta deux ex machina, another shit writing tool. Qui-gon died pretty soon after, it isn't like he lasted days or weeks or hours. I was pointing to the other mouth breathers that can't read my posts about Maul. I would disagree that it is common, I would say it is uncommon for humans to get gutted and survive a lightsaber.

Nice gate keeping with your excuse, how about I just turn it, you aren't a true star wars fan if you are okay with this bad writing and her living. See how dumb that is. You can enjoy lazy/bad writing i wont.
    Bacta is not a dues ex machina. Please don't get your definitions from CinemaSins.

The humans in star wars are not the humans of earth. They are not a 1 for 1 with us. Also, Star Wars is literally full of characters to survived conditions far worse than a lightsaber stab. It is appears based on what the story shows us that humans in the Star Wars galaxy are far more durable that humans in real life are.

Star Wars has had bad writing since the first movie. They aren't the most amazing writing of all time. There is some terrible written lines in all the movies.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I know attacking straw men is easy, but if you want to get back to actually having a conversation, we'll welcome you back any time.
    That's our Endus. Start with saying absurd things, then pull back and say that everyone else is being unreasonable for reacting to what he said.

/pat /pat

Bacta is not a dues ex machina. Please don't get your definitions from CinemaSins.

The humans in star wars are not the humans of earth. They are not a 1 for 1 with us. Also, Star Wars is literally full of characters to survived conditions far worse than a lightsaber stab. It is appears based on what the story shows us that humans in the Star Wars galaxy are far more durable that humans in real life are.

Star Wars has had bad writing since the first movie. They aren't the most amazing writing of all time. There is some terrible written lines in all the movies.
    I didn't, unlike you I can think for myself.

I forgot they are supermen that can withstand anything unless the plot needs them to die. Nothing you have said is true, they have better medicine, they aren't supermen/women, plenty of died of less things than getting gutted by a lightsaber too, don't do that(I mean Padma died of a freaking broken heart, cant be that strong).

Agreed, but that doesn't mean the quality is the same, it has gotten much worse, and thus people can no longer overlook it. It no longer even tries to follow its own logic and goes for rule of cool and even then fails a lot.

Lets put it this way, you are on the same side is Endus, still think you are right?
    Last edited by bledgor; 2022-06-18 at 09:59 PM.
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

I forgot they are supermen that can withstand anything unless the plot needs them to die. Nothing you have said is true, they have better medicine, they aren't supermen/women, plenty of died of less things than getting gutted by a lightsaber too, don't do that(I mean Padma died of a freaking broken heart, cant be that strong).

Agreed, but that doesn't mean the quality is the same, it has gotten much worse, and thus people can no longer overlook it. It no longer even tries to follow its own logic and goes for rule of cool and even then fails a lot.

Lets put it this way, you are on the same side is Endus, still think you are right?
    You really need to go find a different hill to die on.

Except your usage is the same as theirs. Completely and totally wrong, and so clearly you aren't thinking for yourself. Maybe actually try it someday.

There is a wide gap between superman who can withstand anything and us. More durable =/= superman. And a broken heart doesn't actually disprove that because that is someone who has given up the will to live. It has nothing to do with durability.

Except it does follow its own logic, you just accept the logic in the past and now are going "no, that is unbelievable." You are just ignoring this for some reason because you appear to have some need to hate on this series from things you just accepted in the past. Bacta works exactly the same as it did when we were first introduced to in in ESB, but now it is suddenly an unacceptable "dues ex machina." No, you aren't thinking for yourself, you are repeating the same tired misinformed view of blind "I will hate Disney Star Wars solely because it is Disney Star Wars" haters.

Yes, because he is right and you're still wrong.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    people can no longer overlook it? did some of you not know about the EU or something? one of the staple greatest parts of starwar's (old republic) had stuff like Darth Sion be literally unkillable no matter how many time's he was struck down until he just gave up.

All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    people can no longer overlook it? did some of you not know about the EU or something? the staple greatest parts of starwar's (old republic) had stuff like Darth Sion be literally unkillable no matter how many time's he was struck down until he just gave up.

And I still find people praising that because you don't beat Sion through power, but words.

It is funny people complain about "Disney ruining Star Wars" by pulling things from Legends which the same people love.
    –The Sith Code

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    And I still find people praising that because you don't beat Sion through power, but words.

It is funny people complain about "Disney ruining Star Wars" by pulling things from Legends which the same people love.
    I feel like Legends have lived up to the name pretty well and alot of people haven't actually gone through any of the old EU and just know a few key parts second hand so when Disney starts grabbing parts directly from it they think it's all new stuff.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Except your usage is the same as theirs. Completely and totally wrong, and so clearly you aren't thinking for yourself. Maybe actually try it someday.

There is a wide gap between superman who can withstand anything and us. More durable =/= superman. And a broken heart doesn't actually disprove that because that is someone who has given up the will to live. It has nothing to do with durability.
    Cool, two people had the same thought, you must be a child because the only people I have heard like it are people below the age of 15, see how dumb your logic is, yet again?

Literally other than Jedi no one has been shown to be more durable than a normal human, you have proven nothing. You have no basis. You can be okay with it, doesn't mean I have to be. Again.

Except it does follow its own logic, you just accept the logic in the past and now are going "no, that is unbelievable." You are just ignoring this for some reason because you appear to have some need to hate on this series from things you just accepted in the past. Bacta works exactly the same as it did when we were first introduced to in in ESB, but now it is suddenly an unacceptable "dues ex machina." No, you aren't thinking for yourself, you are repeating the same tired misinformed view of blind "I will hate Disney Star Wars solely because it is Disney Star Wars" haters.

Yes, because he is right and you're still wrong.
    No it doesn't, since episode 7 they haven't follow it. In the past it was less defined as well, so you could let things slide. That is another part of it. Just because you can stomach crap and call it chocolate doesn't mean I will. You are still wrong, still ignorant, enjoy the company of endus, yikes.

Cool, two people had the same thought, you must be a child because the only people I have heard like it are people below the age of 15, see how dumb your logic is, yet again?

Literally other than Jedi no one has been shown to be more durable than a normal human, you have proven nothing. You have no basis. You can be okay with it, doesn't mean I have to be. Again.

No it doesn't, since episode 7 they haven't follow it. In the past it was less defined as well, so you could let things slide. That is another part of it. Just because you can stomach crap and call it chocolate doesn't mean I will. You are still wrong, still ignorant, enjoy the company of endus, yikes.
    My logic is still better than yours, so I would hold off on the comments.

"No one other than a Jedi" wrong. You had Grievous who is literally just some organs kept alive. Grievous is not a Jedi. You are objectively wrong about that. There are literally people who survived the removal of their brain and having in placed in a droid body to be kept alive. There entire brain is removed from their physical body and then is kept alive by the machine, the B'omarr Order which had humans.

The medical tech in Star Wars is literally insane when compared to what he have. And it always has been. Characters survived things that should have killled them constantly, Force users and non-force users alike. Yes, it absolutely follows logic pre-Disney. Your ignorance of pre-disney Star Wars is not an argument. You are objectively and completely wrong here. You are choosing to die on this hill out of your own ignorance, convinced everyone else is the ignorant one.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2022-06-18 at 11:18 PM.
    –The Sith Code

I am Murloc!
    My degree in Star Wars is mostly the movies (most of them) and some of the clone wars cartoon series. Haven't really delved into the expanded universe, comics or really most of the video games aside from the SNES ones decades ago.

Personally I like the show a lot and the characters I disliked turned into characters I ended up warming up to as the series went on, but I suppose it's intended to be that way.

I'd just guess that people who die are just meant to die. Dark side shit probably has something to do with the will to survive (I guess???) while some of the light side users don't mind letting go or using their death as an inspiration to others (I feel that's why Obi-Wan basically gave up in ANH). Then again I'm not a mega fan and I assume anybody who delves deep into discussion about Star Wars on the internet probably cares a lot more about continuity, whereas the average fan probably won't care a great deal unless it's completely unbelievable.

Then again I'm not factoring in race, or freeze framing each frame to see where somebody is stabbed compared to others to extrapolate data lol.

My logic is still better than yours, so I would hold off on the comments.

"No one other than a Jedi" wrong. You had Grievous who is literally just some organs kept alive. Grievous is not a Jedi. You are objectively wrong about that. There are literally people who survived the removal of their brain and having in placed in a droid body to be kept alive. There entire brain is removed from their physical body and then is kept alive by the machine, the B'omarr Order which had humans.

The medical tech in Star Wars is literally insane when compared to what he have. And it always has been. Characters survived things that should have killled them constantly, Force users and non-force users alike. Yes, it absolutely follows logic pre-Disney. Your ignorance of pre-disney Star Wars is not an argument. You are objectively and completely wrong here. You are choosing to die on this hill out of your own ignorance, convinced everyone else is the ignorant one.
    No matter what u lot say, you are ignoring the big fat elephant in the room.

This new-found survivability that was mysteriously not a factor during prequels order 66. Why did none of thousands of humanoid n alien jedi n younglings not survive their wounds while in the kenobi show its not a problem to you?

Grievous is a shit example, different when having procedures in a controlled environment like an operating table.

A few posts ago I pondered if a lightsaber stabb will cook ur intestines, I just thought about this scene...mind you, that's a military-grade blast door meant to protect command crew from all kinds of damage... SO! DAMAGE ISNT JUST THE HOLE IN UR BODY, BUT THE INSANE HEAT AS WELL...

Reva was stabbed twice, first as a little kid..
    Difference to Grievous operation, nobody cooked his brain n intestines...

https://alexaanswers.amazon.com/ques...34hCyAg4MGNvKb
    How Hot Is A Lightsaber?
    A constricted plasma arc reaches temperatures between 8000°C and 25000°C (between 14432°F and 45032°F). Given the evidence within the Star Wars universe and our own universe, we can conclude that the plasma blade of a lightsaber reaches a temperature of at least 1800°C, and could be high as 25000°C.

Body temperature: 108.14°F
    The maximum body temperature a human can survive is 108.14°F. At higher temperatures the body turns into scrambled eggs: proteins are denatured and the brain gets damaged irreparably.
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2022-06-19 at 08:35 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    "But that door is made of different material from Reva's new and cool armor that has a special quality of cooling the lightsaber down to manageable levels. It's Star Wars!"
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2022 - that's two-zero-two-two, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of double-masked tripple-jabbed sissies who stand with Ukraine.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    "But that door is made of different material from Reva's new and cool armor that has a special quality of cooling the lightsaber down to manageable levels. It's Star Wars!"
    And she must have had a special cloth fabric that did the same when she was stabbed as a youngling by anakin...

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    And she must have had a special cloth fabric that did the same when she was stabbed as a youngling by anakin...
    And how do we know that? Well, she survived, didn't she? That's how!
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2022 - that's two-zero-two-two, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of double-masked tripple-jabbed sissies who stand with Ukraine.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    And how do we know that? Well, she survived, didn't she? That's how!
    I hereby present thee your diploma as a graduate of contrarian school, go forth n annoy people!

- - - Updated - - -

Now that I think about it some more, people collapse from "just bullets" well lightsabre is much wider, damaging n hot, everyone who gets stabbed should just collapse which leads to falling down over blade, chest cut in half, n might evaporate throat, cut head in two, minus part that just gets evaporated

Star wars is like jurassic park, kid friendly version of damage done...

Lightsabre wielder needs to hold blade at such an angle that it neatly falls out, every time in sw scenes, so victims don't collapse over it..which has to be done with surgical precision, every milimetre or centrimetre body moves from initial position gets evaporated, you somehow have to stand absolutly still or the wielder has to use the force just right to exit the blade, well I have never seen such, wielder just yanks blade out n just a small angle will evaporate a large chunk of ur flesh, bone n intestines..

I think a blade like kylo ren's is worse as the plasma pulsates around, such a stabbing would def leave a very damaged area around the stabbing...
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2022-06-19 at 10:36 AM.

snip.
    Most Jedi weren't just a single stab wound, they were shot several times. Hell, outside of the the Jedi Temple and those in the Temple directly attacked by Anakin, they weren't getting stabbed by lightsabers. And most of the lightsaber deaths we see aren't a stab. He is slashing them.

Most Jedi are being taken down by multiple blaster shots and we even see a few times where clones shoot the down Jedi. Why don't we see thousands surviving from single injuries? Because in most cases, they continue to shoot a down Jedi to insure they are dead.

I mean you think I am missing the elephant in the room which is laughable.

Also, you are confusing Disney Star Wars Grevious with Legends. Disney Star Wars has him turning a cyborg in a controlled environment. Pre-Disney (which is what people have a problem with) he became a Cyborg because he survive his ship blowing up. You know, I think being in a explosion and surviving is a little more unbelievable than surviving a stab.
    –The Sith Code

This new-found survivability that was mysteriously not a factor during prequels order 66. Why did none of thousands of humanoid n alien jedi n younglings not survive their wounds while in the kenobi show its not a problem to you?
    It's called an argument from silence. TL;DR: "shit's weak, don't use it." Jedi who survived the purge pop up all the time as the writers demand it.

And it's probably not a good idea to reference that scene with Qui-Gon cutting through the door when talking about the effects this sort of heat would have on a person. It's a very common trope for characters to cut through rock/metal with their lightsabers to form a doorway, but I don't think I've ever once seen them hesitate to touch the molten surface they're climbing through. And if you put your unprotected hand as close to molten metal as he did while holding his lightsaber...you're probably not going to enjoy it.