Page 77 of 92 FirstFirst ...
27
67
75
76
77
78
79
87
... LastLast
  1. #1521
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Yes, you know her evil master plan. You alone have looked through the lies and the systematic deceit and you've figured out the truth. The world is flat. No, wait. That's the wrong kind of nutjob you sound alike. Lizardmen? Yeah. That's the one. She's a LizardWOman, and only you have figured it out.
    Didn’t say it was evil. I just don’t like it and it’s bad.

    She is re writing Star Wars, and it’s horrible.

    If it was good. I’d like it. Or even enjoyable.

  2. #1522
    I am Murloc! Asrialol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    5,736
    This show proves its possible to make good star wars stuff. I wish they'd retcon episode 4, 5 and 6 so we could actually get some good Star wars content again now that this show is over. It's quite evident they wasted all these good characters in the first movies.
    Hi

  3. #1523
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Didn’t say it was evil. I just don’t like it and it’s bad.

    She is re writing Star Wars, and it’s horrible.

    If it was good. I’d like it. Or even enjoyable.
    Sorry, I don't think you have the capacity to actually judge something objectively. "I don't like it so it's bad" is one of the dumbest arguments to make. 'She's rewriting Star Wars', yeah. Sure, buddy. You're the one with the Master Plan, the non plus ultra in regards of taste is thee.

    What a joke. You're the reason Star Wars fans get so much shit. You're not capable of stringing three words together to actually formulate a thought.

  4. #1524
    Kenobi was a mediocre show at best suffering from Terrible writing and low production values.

    It really missed a opportunity in slow revealing at the end that Revas last name is Windu, and was saved by her Uncle Mace, trained as a infiltrator by him and had a Appearance by Sam Jackson at the end who comes fir her to heal her.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

  5. #1525
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    20,070
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    KK is in charge now, she made the force female and wants to stick it to the guys (apparently she never realised that it wasn't male to begin with), there is a lot of what she is doing here going on high profile IPs.
    It’s sad that people still believe this crud, “the force is female” was a Nike marketing campaign for there force shoes it never had any thing to do with starwars and the only reason KK was involved was because they had a film expo about woman who worked in the industry to sell there shoes.

    You people need to move on from this baseless nonesense.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  6. #1526
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Kenobi was a mediocre show at best suffering from Terrible writing and low production values.

    It really missed a opportunity in slow revealing at the end that Revas last name is Windu, and was saved by her Uncle Mace, trained as a infiltrator by him and had a Appearance by Sam Jackson at the end who comes fir her to heal her.
    I'm really fucking glad that you don't write for the show. 'Everyone is related!'

  7. #1527
    Pit Lord Lady Atia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    2,348
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Didn’t say it was evil. I just don’t like it and it’s bad.

    She is re writing Star Wars, and it’s horrible.

    If it was good. I’d like it. Or even enjoyable.
    I love the new Star Wars shows. And the Sequel Trilogy isn't bad because the force is female, but because they literally re-hashed Episode IV for VII and wasted Snoke, Luke and Leia in the following movies. Well to be fair, IX was actually miles better than the other 2, but just because of Palpatine.

  8. #1528
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    It’s sad that people still believe this crud, “the force is female” was a Nike marketing campaign for there force shoes it never had any thing to do with starwars and the only reason KK was involved was because they had a film expo about woman who worked in the industry to sell there shoes.

    You people need to move on from this baseless nonesense.
    Nooooooo!!!! sHe's ReWrItInG mUh StAr WaRsSzzz!!! SHe HaTeS mEnZ!!!!111

  9. #1529
    Pit Lord Lady Atia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    2,348
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    This show proves its possible to make good star wars stuff. I wish they'd retcon episode 4, 5 and 6 so we could actually get some good Star wars content again now that this show is over. It's quite evident they wasted all these good characters in the first movies.
    They can do shows set during this era for years to come - no need to retcon old stuff. I actually enjoyed how Obi-Wan Kenobi repaired the lore fuckups from A New Hope!

  10. #1530
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    I love the new Star Wars shows. And the Sequel Trilogy isn't bad because the force is female, but because they literally re-hashed Episode IV for VII and wasted Snoke, Luke and Leia in the following movies. Well to be fair, IX was actually miles better than the other 2, but just because of Palpatine.
    Well, it isn't bad because the force is female , nor is it bad because Kathleen Kennedy is writing her own vision of it..

    It's bad because how it's written is bad. While the force doesn't need to be female ofc, and they don't need to hash the gender ideology going around in social politics, the reason I'm criticising it is because I think it is the root cause behind why a lot of their writing is bad, and I also don't like the ideology, but I wouldn't have brought it up if the show was good, or it would have been a side note of the few things I didn't like - but then when you follow such rules, everything is going to be bad, (because you're basically rubbishing an entire sex - I suspect this is how she feels women were portrayed before, which is just crazy). Well, it is possible it may not just be the ideology - those writers could just not be up to writing something that appeals well to most people in the world, something that the pre-Disney era direction seemed to manage a lot better.

    At the end of the day, this show is just badly written and a lot of other aspects were poor - felt sloppy, made no sense, and low quality work for an industry leading IP - off course people are going to be disappointed - they expect more from this, much more. And so is much of what I've seen in star wars lately. Saying that, I liked the sequels, despite their plot changes, holes and everything, I thought the Last Jedi was quite good, but I despised the direction they took (which is rehashing and gender swapping episode 4-6 , I've seen it all before, so while it was nice to watch, didn't capture my imagination nor thrill me, nor was I inclined to watch again, like the original or prequels or the clone wars cartoons did and even Rebels were. The worse thing about the sequels was the messaging - you get the feeling of a gender swap and killing off all the male heroes. I thought why do something so stupid it undermines everything the story was telling up to that point - then I realised, she wants to kill of the men and replace them. This is more important than the integrity of the entire IP, doesn't care that the story was about this man, he is a man, she didn't like that, he had to go, so she scrapped the EU, made it unofficial, and essentially set to re-writing Luke's story with Rey, and off course all his work which is the entire point of all of Star wars up to that point has to count for nothing. This is why his fate is completely changed.. you see the movie story was well written, but doing this was the dumbest thing ever and a terrible mistake - so despite how well it was written, you've basically just undermined everything everything about star wars was about, and literally repeated episode 4-6, why? To change the heroes so you could gender swap. Because you wanted a girl to be a hero. And now in Obi-wan, the re-write continues, the implications of the story now frames Leia as the central character, as the sequels portray, - complete self sabotage. But she's playing out her fantasy, so she things it's a wonderful think, except many of us do not agree at all, and because of this she has ruined Star Wars - well not ruined it totally, it's just no longer was - this is not the Star wars everyone loved. I'm sure a few people love it, but it's not the same. It's a shadow of what it was

    So, the force being female is not the problem I have with it - it's that it's bad. I don't think the female mantra is good for such a show, not because having female positive shows is bad, but because that's not what star wars is, star wars isn't a show made for girls alone and pushing ultra feminist ideals or socio political agendas of that sort - so obviously it comes off as disingenuous and is the more insidious aspect of it, it's just that the writing itself is quite poor even for me, and I don't have very high standards trust.

    I really like Star Trek discovery, I didn't think WandaVision was bad, even though i Just lost respect for it after they wrote her to do such things and then tried to paint her a hero. - that's not a criticism against females, it's a criticism against presenting evil as good.


    Saying all this, I don't think Kathleen's vision for Star Wars is good, at all, the changes from episode 7 onwards just don't work. It is a re-write. and one that's ot as good as the original at all, doesn't flow organically either because it doesn't fit. NOw for Star Trek, I actually like Discovery, there again it's now the Federation is female, but I'm totally down with what they've shown, because of how they've done it, and I know others don't like it for various reasons - biggest criticism is that it feels more star wars than star trek, but I loved it.


    All the cool and fun ouis stripped out of Star Wars currently, and non of what they are doing makes any sense, - go through the episodes, even trying to just turn a blind eye becomes impossible, stupid things happen all the time, visually, script wise, animation wise - and while there is a lot of good stuff, the bad is bad enough to stand out terribly.

    A lot of people put a lot of hard work into it, but it is clear that some people di not, or if they did, sorry they don't have the talent for it. however I blame the direction the head is steering it. It's the head that is making all the female characters mary sue's, can't do no wrong, and all the male characters terrible, changing or recasting everything that came before.. which to me is shooting yourself in the foot.

    you think you're re-writing, but you're just killing it. She has no idea what she is doing. She's drunk on her own power and setting in flames this immense cash cow - watching it burn and thinking it's amazing because of the pretty lights not realising, that burning it is destroying it.
    Last edited by Mace; 2022-06-23 at 02:26 PM.

  11. #1531
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    72,681
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Not saying it makes perfect sense. Also, not really, betrayal is part of being a Sith/Dark Sider. You expect underlings to betray you. You don't expect them to turn back to the light side.
    I really don't know why this is confusing to people.

    The Sith "rule of two" nonsense is, explicitly stated, that one master will train one apprentice, until that apprentice gains enough strength to kill their master and take their place. Betrayal is baked in. The difference between Trillia and Reva is that Reva was at risk from Vader twice; the first time when she lost Kenobi, and the second in that fight scene in Episode 5. In the first, she presented a new opportunity and enough foresight that Vader chose to give her another chance; Kenobi was still being chased. In the second, Reva having the balls to try and kill Vader was a good thing to Vader; he saw it coming but it showed she was tapping into her fear and anger and had the guts to try and take him out (the Grand Inquisitor, you'll note, does not; he's just a pathetic lapdog). Now, Inquisitors aren't proper Sith, ideologically, but this is the kind of moment that could make Vader see Reva as having potential beyond just being an Inquisitor.

    Which is why he stabbed her non-fatally and cast her out. Because either she's able to tap into her hate enough to rise in power enough to come after him again, at which point he can try and force her to submit as an apprentice proper, or she'll fail to do so and he won't have to waste the time and effort. He left her alive because she had potential. Trillia was killed because she showed weakness and empathy. Reva's break with the Dark Side came after this moment. The scene with Obi-Wan through the door doesn't represent a shift away from Sith views; she's still feeding her anger and hatred, she just sees Obi-Wan as a useful tool to act on those emotions.

    Reva trying to kill Vader is probably the only reason she survived; Vader clearly brought the Grand Inquisitor along to take the position back if she failed him a second time. He's probably just have killed her, except she tried to use the situation to off him, and that's both amusing and shows potential, hence the non-fatal stabbing and the opportunity to overcome.


  12. #1532
    Star Wars junky to begin with, but it did have a sense to it and a timeless one too. Timeless story.. one of it's biggest appeals, plus the high qulaity of i'ts art work, technology for cinema etc - amongst it's another faults, you wanted new owners to improve on it, not worsen it.. how can you make it worse?

    Bad and incompetent management from the top.

  13. #1533
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    I'm really fucking glad that you don't write for the show. 'Everyone is related!'
    News flash it's like that already. Everyone is either a Skywalker or directly tied to them.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

  14. #1534
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I really don't know why this is confusing to people.

    The Sith "rule of two" nonsense is, explicitly stated, that one master will train one apprentice, until that apprentice gains enough strength to kill their master and take their place. Betrayal is baked in. The difference between Trillia and Reva is that Reva was at risk from Vader twice; the first time when she lost Kenobi, and the second in that fight scene in Episode 5. In the first, she presented a new opportunity and enough foresight that Vader chose to give her another chance; Kenobi was still being chased. In the second, Reva having the balls to try and kill Vader was a good thing to Vader; he saw it coming but it showed she was tapping into her fear and anger and had the guts to try and take him out (the Grand Inquisitor, you'll note, does not; he's just a pathetic lapdog). Now, Inquisitors aren't proper Sith, ideologically, but this is the kind of moment that could make Vader see Reva as having potential beyond just being an Inquisitor.

    Which is why he stabbed her non-fatally and cast her out. Because either she's able to tap into her hate enough to rise in power enough to come after him again, at which point he can try and force her to submit as an apprentice proper, or she'll fail to do so and he won't have to waste the time and effort. He left her alive because she had potential. Trillia was killed because she showed weakness and empathy. Reva's break with the Dark Side came after this moment. The scene with Obi-Wan through the door doesn't represent a shift away from Sith views; she's still feeding her anger and hatred, she just sees Obi-Wan as a useful tool to act on those emotions.

    Reva trying to kill Vader is probably the only reason she survived; Vader clearly brought the Grand Inquisitor along to take the position back if she failed him a second time. He's probably just have killed her, except she tried to use the situation to off him, and that's both amusing and shows potential, hence the non-fatal stabbing and the opportunity to overcome.
    I don't think Vader cares one bit about the rule of two. Or the potential of anyone below him. Or Sith legacy for that matter.

    Anyway, I liked the show. The hate comes from people who are blinded by nostalgia and don't actually want anything to change. The fact that new stuff exist is what bothers a lot of people.

    I mean come on, it's been like that since forever. People who grew up with the original trilogy hated the prequels, people who grew up with the prequels hate the sequels (tho thats a bit warranted considering even Disney said they didnt know what they were doing with them). I'm certain in 15 years, people who grew up with the sequels and all these tv shows are going to hate whatever new Star Wars stuff comes out then.

  15. #1535
    Banned Ihavewaffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    The spice must flow!
    Posts
    4,398
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    It's like they hired amateurs who either don't know what they are doing, or basically took their script and re-wrote it to push their own agenda - I don't know what is going on - but the pre-Disney star wars were never literary works of art for script writing or plots - but at least they made much more collective sense than this, and at least the art work, cgi, fights, cinematography planets backgrounds had a much much higher level of quality - they were definitely entertaining and beautiful to see, and while a bit simplistic or at least not choosing to go into depth - they made basic sense, this is just downright silly.
    Haven't watched ur vid yet, but what bothers me is that disney felt they had to hire a freaking youtuber after Mandalorian s01 for him improving luke skywalker's face.

    Now...with anakin in the kenobi show, u had another youtuber showing how to de-age anakin...

    Lucasfilm used to have the best current cgi n stuff, now they keep getting schooled by some fucking youtubers tweaking in their basements...how low the mighty have fallen.....

  16. #1536
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Banned to the Bone.
    Posts
    2,786
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post
    Look, Endus and I disagree on this topic a lot, but I honestly think you're on the wrong side of the issue here.

    If you get older and less tolerant of certain things in your media and expect different tropes and whatnot...that's just you growing up and changing tastes. It's not really the job of Star Wars - or ANY form of media, for that matter - to change with you.

    Mortal Kombat doesn't need to turn into a game about friends hanging out just because you got older and decided that uppercutting someone's head off isn't funny anymore.
    Comparing a HUGE fictional instance, years in the making, with a shitty beat-them up game with fatalities and babalities as its sole novelty.

    You got me there, brah, already convinced.....
    /spit@Blizzard

  17. #1537
    Over 9000! Kathranis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    9,239
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Kathleen Kennedy is writing her own vision of it
    I don't think Kathleen Kennedy is writing jack shit. She's an executive. She's been producing blockbuster movies for 40 years. She just wants to sell the product to as many people as possible.

  18. #1538
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Banned to the Bone.
    Posts
    2,786
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    She's not even the primary villain. She's a lieutenant to the big bad. Why were people even expecting her to be the center focus?

    And b!aming "diversity" is just complaining that she's not a white dude. Useless and prejudiced argument, without merit.
    If Disney wanted a white guy, they had him already. Painted white, in fact, the Grand Inquisitor. Funny, tho, they kill him by the (poor acting, self conflicting) diversity hire, just to have him gloat in the 5th episode... tell me that wasn't entertaining...

    The whole Inquisitor stuff was so unneeded in the whole series, instead of being one of the fulcrums to boost OW back to Jedi status. Instead of this "save Leia" choice.

    Anything Reva did, could have been done by Vader, with the help of informants.
    /spit@Blizzard

  19. #1539
    Banned Ihavewaffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    The spice must flow!
    Posts
    4,398
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Anyway, I liked the show. The hate comes from people who are blinded by nostalgia and don't actually want anything to change. The fact that new stuff exist is what bothers a lot of people.

    I mean come on, it's been like that since forever. People who grew up with the original trilogy hated the prequels, people who grew up with the prequels hate the sequels (tho thats a bit warranted considering even Disney said they didnt know what they were doing with them). I'm certain in 15 years, people who grew up with the sequels and all these tv shows are going to hate whatever new Star Wars stuff comes out then.
    Then explain the love for the mandalorian? Your argument is weak, padawan.

  20. #1540
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    I love the new Star Wars shows. And the Sequel Trilogy isn't bad because the force is female, but because they literally re-hashed Episode IV for VII and wasted Snoke, Luke and Leia in the following movies. Well to be fair, IX was actually miles better than the other 2, but just because of Palpatine.
    I really, really can't stress this enough...

    Snoke is one of the dumbest fucking Star Wars characters ever. Like he's Jar Jar level dumb. The only useful thing he ever did was getting killed by Kylo Ren. That scene alone makes Last Jedi better than the other two.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Anything Reva did, could have been done by Vader, with the help of informants.
    Entirely wrong. The Empire had the Inquisition. By default, they're the antagonists for the series. You might not like the Inquisitors they used but it was still an organization that was very active during that time period.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •