Page 78 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    I don't think Kathleen Kennedy is writing jack shit. She's an executive. She's been producing blockbuster movies for 40 years. She just wants to sell the product to as many people as possible.
    She writes the checks though. She can say "More of that, less of that" (we don't know what she's basing her decisions on) and monkeys are back behind the typewriter to please the money queen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Snoke is one of the dumbest fucking Star Wars characters ever. Like he's Jar Jar level dumb. The only useful thing he ever did was getting killed by Kylo Ren. That scene alone makes Last Jedi better than the other two.
    He was controlled by Palpy to control Kylo.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2022 - that's two-zero-two-two, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of double-masked tripple-jabbed sissies who stand with Ukraine.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Comparing a HUGE fictional instance, years in the making, with a shitty beat-them up game with fatalities and babalities as its sole novelty.

You got me there, brah, already convinced.....
    So you're not going to disagree with the substance, just that you don't like the scope of the property used in the analogy.

Good strategy.

Herald of the Titans
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Kenobi was a mediocre show at best suffering from Terrible writing and low production values.

It really missed a opportunity in slow revealing at the end that Revas last name is Windu, and was saved by her Uncle Mace, trained as a infiltrator by him and had a Appearance by Sam Jackson at the end who comes fir her to heal her.
    Only if they had enough self sarcasm... alas...
    /spit@Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Then explain the love for the mandalorian? Your argument is weak, padawan.
    Baby Yoda.

Herald of the Titans
    I really, really can't stress this enough...

Snoke is one of the dumbest fucking Star Wars characters ever. Like he's Jar Jar level dumb. The only useful thing he ever did was getting killed by Kylo Ren. That scene alone makes Last Jedi better than the other two.

- - - Updated - - -

Entirely wrong. The Empire had the Inquisition. By default, they're the antagonists for the series. You might not like the Inquisitors they used but it was still an organization that was very active during that time period.
    Thanks for reinforcing my opinion that Disney underused what they had.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post
    So you're not going to disagree with the substance, just that you don't like the scope of the property used in the analogy.

Good strategy.
    I already disgareed with the substance in my original post, which you answered by disagreeing with me.

In essence you rehash "Star Wars was always like that". No essence in your post. That's why i didn't bother.

But you kept swinging. Get back in yer place now, cause there's nothing more to talk with you.
    /spit@Blizzard

So am I the only one that liked the series?

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Not remotely, no. Star Wars fandom's just eating itself, as per usual. What few concerns I had about how this could effectively retcon the OT were resolved by the end of the finale; why Leia didn't mention knowing Obi-Wan personally in her message, why Vader did the "last time we met I was the apprentice and you the master" line despite these encounters, all answered and explained.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    I already disgareed with the substance in my original post, which you answered by disagreeing with me.

In essence you rehash "Star Wars was always like that". No essence in your post. That's why i didn't bother.

But you kept swinging. Get back in yer place now, cause there's nothing more to talk with you.
    What is it with the increase in angry internet tough guys lately?

Anyway, the point isn't just "Star Wars was always that way" and you know it. The point is that Star Wars is under no obligation to change just because you changed, which was your initial argument. Just because you got older and your tastes changed doesn't mean that any given IP is obligated to change to suit you. It's up to you to find other things that suit your changing tastes.

That's not to say that a given IP should never try to court other demographics, of course. But that's another balancing act entirely.

no i thought it was great, and pretty much what i wanted. Now I want a Vader series...
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    I honestly loved it I found Reva and her portrayal of the sith to be wonderful and it got me to download Swtor to go through the sith story’s again and the obiwan/Vader stuff hit all the right places for why I like the characters so much.

The worse thing I can say about the show is that I don’t like kid Leia but that’s me disliking the character type the acting was still good.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    She writes the checks though. She can say "More of that, less of that" (we don't know what she's basing her decisions on) and monkeys are back behind the typewriter to please the money queen.

He was controlled by Palpy to control Kylo.
    If you’re going to take that attitude, you’ll at least have to credit her for Mando, Rebels and Rogue One.

And a better writer would’ve made Snoke more interesting to begin with.

I didn't hate it. Wasn't the best, wasn't the worst. I'd watch a second season if that turns out to be true.

I thought Obi-Wan Kenobi was alright, albeit a bit slow and too plodding in parts. I'd say among the modern Star Wars Disney+ series it rates above The Book of Boba Fett but falls short of The Mandalorian. I think the series is improved if you played Fallen Order which gives some more background and buildup to the Inquisitors and their relationship to the Sith (especially Vader), especially since the events of the game and Kenobi overlap to a degree, though I think they missed out by not having Cal Kestis appear or be mentioned in this series. I was a bit saddened that the Grand Inquisitor had very little to do in this series, but I liked Reva's arc and the whole notion of slowly allowing herself to become what she hated, and Vader's seeming awareness and subtle approval of Reva's corruption, at least until she quasi-redeemed herself a moment before midnight. Similar to Kenobi dealing with his own PTSD and coming to terms with what went down with Anakin. I even felt glad to see Anakin/Vader owning up to his own corruption, where before he blamed everything and everyone aside from himself for his own fall from proverbial grace.

With some better pacing and a little less filler, I think Kenobi could've been a strong contender for best of the Disney+ series.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2022-06-23 at 05:49 PM.
    WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?. - Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    News flash it's like that already. Everyone is either a Skywalker or directly tied to them.
    Err that’s not the point? Telling a story about a family is different to just throwing in gratuitous plot twists where there’s even more ‘relatives’. It’s why the sequel trilogy got screwed amongst other reasons.

If you’re going to take that attitude, you’ll at least have to credit her for Mando, Rebels and Rogue One.
    Did I say anything about the quality of her decisions?
    But we have to look in bulk and also consider the fact that there are some production where she was not allowed to influence much beyond budgeting (like Rebels and Mando).
    And looking like that with that attitude from that altitude. The stinky part of the scale is lower.
    If it was the same writer and director. This's KK's fault's right's there's.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2022 - that's two-zero-two-two, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of double-masked tripple-jabbed sissies who stand with Ukraine.

Mando. Rebels. Rogue One. Bad Batch. Clone Wars Revival. Visions. Even the comics are good. So…

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Did I say anything about the quality of her decisions?
    But we have to look in bulk and also consider the fact that there are some production where she was not allowed to influence much beyond budgeting (like Rebels and Mando).
    And looking like that with that attitude from that altitude. The stinky part of the scale is lower.

If it was the same writer and director. This's KK's fault's right's there's.
    As expected you hand waved her contributions when something good happens, only criticize her when things are bad. Although even the bad in this case made a lot of money. Her only actual fuck up was Solo but even that mistake will just take longer to earn a profit.

True, she should’ve clamped JJ down for all three movies as screen writer. That’s no guarantee that EP8/9 would’ve been better but it’s moot since all 3 movies made a lot of money.

As expected you hand waved her contributions when something good happens, only criticize her when things are bad.
    I literally used the scale analogy. Which is the opposite to your statement. I am not a fan of this level of logic.

The episode was decent. Good fight between Vader and Kenobi, downside being cutting the action with Reva going after Luke. The whole Reva redemption arc was extraneous and took away from the overall story. Kenobi never addressed the ptsd he allegedly was suffering from. If that is the route you wanted to go with, at least show him working through it and getting better. Instead we had sad Kenobi shoved into something he didn’t want to do, got wrecked, tried to use someone to get them killed so he could escape, but all of a sudden got his shit together in the last episode. His journey in the series was going from one bad thing and setback to another. I did like how he got hugs and rainbows with Leia and goes back to Tatooine to say hey it’s cool Luke live in the desert by yourself and Lund sand.

Dreadlord
    Before I get distracted by whatever the next 20 pages of this thread are going to say - or pick apart - to the point that I don't even want to post anymore; I DID want to say -

Loved the last two episodes. Not saying they were perfect - but LOVED some of what we did get; and that's all I care about.

LOVED watching Vadar reach-out and smack-down an effing launching SHIP mid-launch and then rip its hull open. Him snatching his hand out and 'grabbing the ship' was awesome and epic and everything I love about Sith using the Force =D. Even if it was a brilliant decoy. Awesome scene.

LOVED the final showdown fight between Vadar and Obiwan. Even without 'big tension' (knowing no one's dying) I still felt the tension of just finding out how they were going to have the fight ultimately finish, and stay in line with Canon and their future 'actual real' duel to the death. I loved watching the back and forth of the sabers - choreography was awesome. Loved Obiwan getting his force-strength back and launching it at Vadar. Loved the exchange at the end with Vadar's helmet sliced open.

And of course <3 to Master Qui-Gon's appearance.

I also really appreciated them taking the two seconds to explain why Vadar didn't spend the next 8 years going after Obi-wan, now that Vadar had been bested (again) and Obi-wan was still alive. Rather than just leaving it to "Obi-Wan doesn't use powers for 8 years so no one can find him." (esp. as they left it implying he'd be using powers training with Qui-Gon Force Ghost)

And I thought the ending 'wrapped it up' as well as it ever could. Better than I had expected from the writing in the rest of the show.

This really doesn't need a second season - no matter how fun Obi-Wan adventures might be - I don't want them to contiually run into prior-canon-walls and dance around the lack of tension otherwise. THIS STORY HAS BEEN TOLD. Its done. Leave it. Start another show and call it something else if Disney wants to carry on with other characters (like Reva or whomever) but don't do more seasons of Obi-Wan. Its gonna make it harder and harder to believe the reality we are given in the 4th Chapter if Obi-Wan is out training with Force Ghost Master Jinn and having adventures up until Luke's 15 or something. =D

But far as I'm concerned - whole series was worth it to watch Vadar be a real badass for more than 3-minute-movie scenes. Doing more than swatting peons with 1-2 lightsaber cuts and force-choking underlings. Was worth it for the final fight - even without an epic soundtrack behind it. (I played Dual of Fates in my head though!). And worth it to hear Obi-Wan END the series on the same phrase he's introduced with in Episode 4. - "Well Hello There..." (to R2d2) <3
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.