Page 85 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Reminded me of this:
    It is possible to learn it but some think it's unnatural.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Normally, I don't think I could handle that sarcastic voice for to long but what he says is so true and funny it works. Thanks for that.

I did. It just so happens to match theirs.
    I'll take: "What is confirmation bias" for 500, Alex.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    Unlike you I have a few friends I trust their opinions on, and we collectively like to make sure something is good/bad before we make opinions/consume something. With Disney almost everything has been a miss lately so one person who feels the best about a show watches it and tells the rest of us if it is worth it. So instead of 5 of us watching the show, one does, meaning they get 20% of the viewers they could have gotten. Kenobi as I was told was a complete mess that fucked with lore and was nonsensical at many points, so hard pass.

The only "marketing" I have done is WHEN ASKED told people I would not recommend watching it if they like the character Kenobi, hardly making them money.

I know this is above your normal level of thought, but figured you might want to be informed for once, before I go back to ignoring you. Enjoy the taste of crappy media.
    Ya you totally haven’t been watching
    The show you clearly were just posting as the episodes came out because your “friend” was telling you about it and you also totally didn’t post how you justify your hate watching through account sharing in another thread.

God, they made Obi-wan such a joke, also isn't the first line between them in a new hope "when we last met I was merely a leaner, but now I am the master"? Doesn't this completely destroy that considering Obi-wan couldn't beat him in anything, even running away?
    yeesh what a bad ending with so many mind boggling decisions: the ship captain that couldn't repair his ship till Kenobi was going to leave then suddenly he can fix it he just needs a little bit of time, the laughable chase scene where the star destroyer forgot it has tie fighters, the Vader vs Kenobi fight being sad with the Leia power up cause fuck Luke, the laughable Reva ambush where both are on the same side shooting at a sith, Reva bringing Lukes seemingly dead body and dropping it and no one doing anything to her, Kenobi leaving Luke again to tell Leia how amazing and strong and smart and awesome and did I say amazing? Ugh least now I can say anything Disney produced is garbage to avoid, because 90% it will be true.
    Eh quite a few people I know have stopped paying for services and only "borrow" it from a friend to watch it, thus not giving them money. I know in my circle only 1 of us have hulu/netflix/apple and we all just share it with the others instead of giving them money now because they have largely proven they don't deserve it (especially fucking hulu, still getting ads when paying for no ads? fuck right off).

If your going to try and lie atleast don’t leave such an obvious trail, lol.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    I'll take: "What is confirmation bias" for 500, Alex.
    and I'll take your "Semmelweis effect" for far less.
    Last edited by quras; 2022-07-01 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    So, you're saying that this post...

... and any others in this thread (you're in double digits for a series you haven't even personally seen) is all based on what a friend that clearly hate-watched the series said to you? Either that, or you're full of shit, watched it yourself, and are just trolling. Jesus Christ.

You're a literal joke, not worth anyone's time. Especially when your opinions supposedly aren't even your own lol Yet you'll sarcastically post about not getting opinions from YouTube videos when someone else is called out on it, holy shit.
    No, it is based on a friend I trust, we would get in discord, and he would laugh/cry and tell us about the garbage he just watched (friends are people you trust, kind of like a teacher but more your equivalent, and you have built up trust that when they tell you things you trust them). I know you little Disney drones can't comprehend that people couldn't like a show they made, but alas it is true. The only joke is you and the rest that think this is good media and continue to allow Hollywood to produced sub standard crap and get away with it.

As for the rest, man you are one ignorant guy. Back to ignoring a thoughtless consumer. Only joke here is the garbage tier shit Disney is creating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

No, it is based on a friend I trust, we would get in discord, and he would laugh/cry and tell us about the garbage he just watched (friends are people you trust, kind of like a teacher but more your equivalent, and you have built up trust that when they tell you things you trust them). I know you little Disney drones can't comprehend that people couldn't like a show they made, but alas it is true. The only joke is you and the rest that think this is good media and continue to allow Hollywood to produced sub standard crap and get away with it.

As for the rest, man you are one ignorant guy. Back to ignoring a thoughtless consumer. Only joke here is the garbage tier shit Disney is creating.
    You're trying SO hard here, and all it's doing is exposing you.

Seriously, no one is impressed by the internet tough guy act. It just makes it clear that you're trying to cover your BS.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Reminded me of this:
    Why? People require YouTubers to tell them what their opinions should be instead of forming them themselves? Or did you misread the person you quoted?

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    This new-found survivability that was mysteriously not a factor during prequels order 66. Why did none of thousands of humanoid n alien jedi n younglings not survive their wounds while in the kenobi show its not a problem to you?
    Because its about space wizards.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    God the best part is me as a “thoughtless consumer” have been worse for Disney then You “totally not sharing accounts to hate watch” as I’ve watched every show other then the bad batch on steaming sites so unlike you I’m not even giving them views.

But atleast I can sleep well knowing my lack of viewer ship is made up by people like you who can’t help but watch what they hate and make sure Disney knows they are watching by going through official means.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Izthak View Post
    Why? People require YouTubers to tell them what their opinions should be instead of forming them themselves? Or did you misread the person you quoted?
    Well some people here imply that "this is the way" to listen to youtubers for opinions. They are probably Jedi, so figures. Dark Side is ultimate power.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slybak View Post
    Because its about space wizards.
    Nevermind that a ton of them did survive. Hence the whole underground railroad shown in this very series. And, you know, the whole reason for the existence of Sith Inquisitors.

10+ Year Old Account
    First of all, I thought Kenobi was a 5.5/10 show. Slightly better then Boba Fett. It got better with the last episodes but still wasn't great The youtuber comment I made was to the one poster here who likes to share those bug eyed youtube videos, none of them I clicked.
    The result of that comment, however is great. While I thought it was pretty obvious it was directed to our Belgian treat poster, a lot of other people felt attacked by it. So I guess where's smoke there's fire.

This TV show was never needed. Sigh. Ruins all that I had in my mind.

I stopped watching after first 2 episodes and all the youtube clips have only reinforced my POV.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Izthak View Post
    Nevermind that a ton of them did survive. Hence the whole underground railroad shown in this very series. And, you know, the whole reason for the existence of Sith Inquisitors.
    This is the part that makes me squinty-eyed at the people who are bitching about Kenobi while pointing at the Prequels and Sequels.

We actually don't know what happened, in large part. The Prequels give us a very narrow view of what is going on (despite cutting to many different perspectives, there was no way for it to include all perspectives). So I mean, there's a lot of room in there for people going missing but surviving, people getting picked up by the Inquisitors and turned (see Rebels and Fallen Order), people being in hiding, etc. I was really happy to see the Underground Railroad, of sorts, because it means what I always thought - that ordinary people the Jedi were working with didn't just sit on their hands and let them get killed. That they helped however and wherever they could, at great risk to themselves. Because it was the right thing to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jdbond View Post

I stopped watching after first 2 episodes and all the youtube clips have only reinforced my POV.
    What sucks about that is that the third episode is actually where it started to get much better, and the pace picked up quite a bit. As you watch further, more and more things start to make sense from the first two episodes, because you find out more and more about the characters involved.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by jdbond View Post

You should go write down your brilliant fanfic and start getting a following. Disneys love to hire people who can prove they are qualified. See Luke’s change in appearance between Mando and BoBF.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuke View Post
    You should go write down your brilliant fanfic and start getting a following. Disneys love to hire people who can prove they are qualified. See Luke’s change in appearance between Mando and BoBF.
    I think they are memeing...I think.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    If Obi-Wan is the meat of the show, Reva is the seasoning. You want bland steak?

Complaining that she is a diversity pick is wild. So what if she is? How many black women are in SW? I'll wait while but because I know its going to take a while to count them all.

Complaining that a character might look a certain way just because the showrunners wanted a more diverse ensemble is exactly why they feel the need to do that. If it doesn't matter, then it doesn't matter so why are we complaining about how the character looks? The character was going to be in the show regardless. The actress does a fine job at what was written for her, have to saw they really picked her for her performance in the last 2 episodes, then filled in the blanks with the rest.

People who claimed to watch the entire season 6 and hated it? Why would you do that to yourself? The show isn't even needed to understand the greater story of the franchise, so why invest time, money, and, energy into something you don't like?

"Let it go" - Palpatine, Dark Lord of the Sith.
    I don't want a bland steak, but I don't want one seasoned with dung that seemed shoe horned in.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Its kind of amazing the few same people in this thread who posting, over and over, defending this show. Any new person shows up to make a comment and they swoop in in force to call them names and convince nobody that its any better.

The defensiveness for this crap is pretty impressive.

I'll go back to watching Reacher with the wife, its like the one show that's been done well recently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumble View Post
    Its kind of amazing the few same people in this thread who posting, over and over, defending this show. Any new person shows up to make a comment and they swoop in in force to call them names and convince nobody that its any better.

The defensiveness for this crap is pretty impressive.

I'll go back to watching Reacher with the wife, its like the one show that's been done well recently.
    Or maybe it's not "crap".

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/obi_wan_kenobi

83% from critics.

Maybe it's just that you don't like it, and aren't really able to figure out or explain why.

5+ Year Old Account
    Lol critics score, the last group I'd expect an unbiased opinion from...some are shills..audience score is what matters, cuz they got no financial agenda to defend anything.

I read they would have added Commander Cody to the show, an important figure, really one of the representatives of the machine (along with Rex) that turned against Kenobi, would have been interesting his interaction with Kenobi (seeing how Cody without hesitation ordered order 66 to be carried out n fire on Kenobi right after being friendly with him n giving his lightsabre back..), but no, we had to have the most boring n predictable character (like, everyone, foresaw how her character would end, writers even wrote in her surviving 2 stabbings just to complete her shitty arc...)

Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2022-07-03 at 04:04 AM.