Page 9 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Apparently your reading comprehension isn't that good, because all that article says is that the first writer couldn't make it an uplifting, hopeful story, which was the aim from the beginning. Not that he turned in some grimdark story that they suddenly 180ed on. That it went through different iterations doesn't mean it tonally shifted, just that they went through iterations looking for the hopeful, uplifting version that didn't feel contrived or "magic wanded."

And the article says nothing about toys at all.

It feels almost like you lifted your argument straight from an outrage Youtube channel and are disguising it as your own commentary on an article which would, by now, be buried by the algorithm and very unlikely for you to have stumbled upon it today. In fact, if you search Kathleen Kennedy and Obi Wan on YT, you'll find a whole bunch of videos with the exact same argument, but none of them are linked here cause you know it'd get you ridiculed.
    Even if he turned in a grimdark story, if that isn't what the bosses wanted, why would they keep him? If I tell you I want an uplifting hopeful story and you give me a grim depressing one, you literally did not do what I asked you for.

The Anti-Kennedy Star Wars Youtube is so toxic that I can't even watch Star Wars stuff on Youtube anymore. They have literally populated so much that even the people not in the camp get overwhelmed by the hate. They get entertainment news stories to cover their "stories" they made up out of nothing as if they are actually based on facts.

Also, the toy thing ... even if the article said so. How is that a bad thing? Star Wars makes a ton of money off toys.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2022-03-21 at 12:52 AM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

5+ Year Old Account
    -snip-
    Maybe u haven't read the books, comics or even thought about that Kenobi has to hide that he is a jedi n curb his impulses to go out there with his light saber n go "hello, there!" also where ep.3 left off, this isn't supposed to be an uplifting story.

Also, the music in the trailer felt really out of place, this isn't the clone wars this is he has one job, to protect Luke, keep low profile. I hope that's only trailer music since it doesn't fit with his character's mission. Everyone is supposed to think Ben is some lone hermit..

Like literally the only comment she made about a "bleak story" was her assessment of where Obi Wan was at the end of Revenge of the Sith. Which is a factual assessment of where the character would be at the end of RotS: in hiding, thinking he had let his most promising apprentice die on Mustafar after he betrayed the entire Jedi Order and sent it straight to hell in a handbasket.

It had nothing to do with any original writing surrounding this show.

Furthermore: the goal SHOULD BE to end on an uplifting, HOPEFUL note because this is literally a bridge (for this character) between Revenge of the Sith and A NEW HOPE, the literal next film in the chronology for Obi Wan (he obviously wasn't in Rogue One).

5+ Year Old Account
    No, it's not supposed to be some uplifting bridge, where did u get that from? He didn't train Luke, remember? This is Kenobi story, not Luke story, Luke is just a kid as far as he knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Maybe u haven't read the books, comics or even thought about that Kenobi has to hide that he is a jedi n curb his impulses to go out there with his light saber n go "hello, there!" also where ep.3 left off, this isn't supposed to be an uplifting story.

Also, the music in the trailer felt really out of place, this isn't the clone wars this is he has one job, to protect Luke, keep low profile. I hope that's only trailer music since it doesn't fit with his character's mission. Everyone is supposed to think Ben is some lone hermit..
    I haven't, no. See above of why this story should be uplifting, or at least have a narrative upturn throughout. The beginning should be his lowest moment. It should end higher than that - which is literally all she said.

Again, your history as a poster is all about nonsense shitting on new Star Wars and Kennedy as if she magically isn't involved in the stuff you like, like Mandolorian or Rebels, but is involved in the stuff you hate.

7+ Year Old Account

Did you even read the EU Kenobi novel? He tries to keep a low profile, but struggles to do so.

And no where does this have to be non-uplifting story. This is to play into A New Hope, just like a lot of other things.

And uplifting stories don't need to be happy for the characters involve. Rogue One is an uplifting and hopeful story. While the Rebels lost a ton of men and materials, they won their first real victory of the war.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

No, it's not supposed to be some uplifting bridge, where did u get that from? He didn't train Luke, remember?
    Because literally the next movement of the Skywalker saga is rekindling hope in the form of Luke, who he has watched for 18 years.

Also, we can assume that since the Inquisitors didn't seem to survive that 18 years, that the story will illuminate why he might be more hopeful in that regard: because at the beginning of his hiding, there is a genuine Inquisition of Jedi, and he will presumably be chipping away at that.

Like, your lack of understanding of narrative is always baffling. Even moreso your inability to imagine something else being a worthwhile story.

5+ Year Old Account
    lol are u comparing the huge battle on Scariff to Ben that is a hermit keeping away from attention...that is the complete opposite..

Darth Vader:
    He is here.

Grand Moff Tarkin:
    Obi-Wan Kenobi? What makes you think so?

Vader:
    A tremor in the Force. The last time I felt it was in the presence of my old master.

Tarkin:
    Surely he must be dead by now.

Vader:
    Don't underestimate the Force.

Tarkin:
    The Jedi are extinct. Their fire has gone out of the universe. You, my friend, are all that's left of their religion.

7+ Year Old Account
    I haven't, no. See above of why this story should be uplifting, or at least have a narrative upturn throughout. The beginning should be his lowest moment. It should end higher than that - which is literally all she said.

Again, your history as a poster is all about nonsense shitting on new Star Wars and Kennedy as if she magically isn't involved in the stuff you like, like Mandolorian or Rebels, but is involved in the stuff you hate.
    I don't think he has read the Kenobi novel from the old EU.

Kenobi while trying to keep a low profile, constantly finds himself in positions where he needs to get involved and use his Jedi training (not necessarily his lightsaber).

He also doesn't understand what a hopeful and uplifting story can be. Of the Star Wars Movies, outside of Attack of the Clones, all others end with a hopeful uplifting ending. ESB, RotS, Rogue One, and TLJ all end with a final uplifting hopeful beat.

- - - Updated - - -

lol are u comparing the huge battle on Scariff to Ben that is a hermit keeping away from attention...that is the complete opposite..
    No, it really isn't. Only different in your mind.
    –The Sith Code

5+ Year Old Account
    Because literally the next movement of the Skywalker saga is rekindling hope in the form of Luke, who he has watched for 18 years.

Also, we can assume that since the Inquisitors didn't seem to survive that 18 years, that the story will illuminate why he might be more hopeful in that regard: because at the beginning of his hiding, there is a genuine Inquisition of Jedi, and he will presumably be chipping away at that.

Like, your lack of understanding of narrative is always baffling. Even moreso your inability to imagine something else being a worthwhile story.
    If you had watched SW Rebels, you would have known it is there they are killed off, grand inquisitor is killed by kanan jarrus, not kenobi. Also eight brother is also killed off in sw rebels. As are several other inquisitors (like 7th sister). So, what are you talking about?

Kenobi is wondering what Ezra is doing on Tattoine, Kenobi's job is to hide Luke, not to tag along on rebel missions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The fuck? He knows exactly who Luke is. And we literally saw him train Luke. Luke also was somewhat familiar with him prior to ANH so there’s nothing precluding interaction at a young age. It also appears Luke is more of a background character in this than anything else.
    I meant Luke doesn't know who Luke is, he thinks of himself as some kid hanging out with his buddies on Tattoine..

Yes, you are right Luke is background character, I'm trying to explain that to escatogical that doesn't seem to get that...

Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2022-03-21 at 01:12 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    If you had watched SW Rebels, you would have known it is there they are killed off, grand inquisitor is killed by kanan jarrus, not kenobi. Also eight brother is also killed off in sw rebels. As are several other inquisitors. So, what are you talking about?

Kenobi is wondering what Ezra is doing on Tattoine, Kenobi's job is to hide Luke, not to tag along on rebel missions.
    The series is going to take place 4 years prior to the start of Rebels. And that would put it 7 years prior to that scene. Also, this during the time the Rebels were still operating as semi-independent cells rather than one unit.

Things can change in 7 years.

Also, the Grand Inquisitor killed himself. He chose death over failure.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Even if he turned in a grimdark story, if that isn't what the bosses wanted, why would they keep him? If I tell you I want an uplifting hopeful story and you give me a grim depressing one, you literally did not do what I asked you for.

The Anti-Kennedy Star Wars Youtube is so toxic that I can't even watch Star Wars stuff on Youtube anymore. They have literally populated so much that even the people not in the camp get overwhelmed by the hate. They get entertainment news stories to cover their "stories" they made up out of nothing as if they are actually based on facts.

Also, the toy thing ... even if the article said so. How is that a bad thing? Star Wars makes a ton of money off toys.
    That clip I linked tells you why, after not making complaint videos for a few months his income dropped in half. This audience capture is a huge problem in basically all media like this.
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

5+ Year Old Account
    The series is going to take place 4 years prior to the start of Rebels. And that would put it 7 years prior to that scene. Also, this during the time the Rebels were still operating as semi-independent cells rather than one unit.

Things can change in 7 years.

Also, the Grand Inquisitor killed himself. He chose death over failure.
    I know, point is the inquisitors in the trailer, will all survive the Kenobi show...as will Kenobi, so it removes a lot of the tension...Vader will be there, so he will survive too...so the story should instead focus on Kenobi's life on Tattoine, his training n him keeping low profile..
    All the main good guys n bad guys survive the show...

Grand inquisitor was beaten, he chose suicide rather than be killed/captured by rebels/but mostly it seemed he feared the Siths revenge Vader and or Palpatine.

7+ Year Old Account
    I know, point is the inquisitors in the trailer, will all survive the Kenobi show...as will Kenobi, so it removes a lot of the tension...Vader will be there, so he will survive too...so the story should instead focus on Kenobi's life on Tattoine, his training n him keeping low profile..
    All the main good guys n bad guys survive the show...

Grand inquisitor was beaten, he chose suicide rather than be killed/captured by rebels/but mostly it seemed he feared the Siths revenge Vader and or Palpatine.
    We don't know who the main "villain" will be. Secondly, outside of the 5th Brother and Grand Inquisitor, they also show the 3rd Sister Reva who is making her debut appearance in the series. For all we know SHE is the main villain. She does not appear in Rebels because she has appeared no where until Kenobi. Honestly, she is most likely the main villain as she appears in the trailer nearly as much as Obi-Wan does.

Also, we don't know how many "main" good guys there will be. There are a few scenes with Owen, one with Luke, but other than that, how many other "good" guys were in the trailer?

With the ending of the Clone Wars that came out post Rebels, we knew all the main characters were surviving ... it didn't change that people loved the Siege of Mandalore arc.
    –The Sith Code

5+ Year Old Account
    Ahsoka beat both 7th sister n 8th brother at the same time, I'm sure Kenobi can beat 3rd sister in his sleep.

They aren't full Sith, not fully trained which is why they keep loosing fights...Only grand inquisitor had any skills, cuz he used to be a Jedi..
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2022-03-21 at 01:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The time period isn't supposed to be some grim dark period. Its a time when the Empire is giving off the image as being a firm but benevolent continuation of the Republic. The fasicim is there but its supposed to be all about galactic pride and at lot of the subjugation they do is down in the shadows or very gradually ramped up.

Knowning the outcomes of all the characters isn't a deal breaker, see how well received print/comic stories during the period already are. Hell we already knew everyone in Rogue One is was going to die by the end of the movie and yet people still loved the story that was told.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

7+ Year Old Account
    Ahsoka beat both 7th sister n 8th brother at the same time, I'm sure Kenobi can beat 3rd sister in his sleep.
    We have no idea of her powers. We have no idea what state Obi-wan's skills are at this point.

This is the problem with your argument here. We don't know enough to make the claims you are saying. We have no idea how the series will go just yet.

And I am going to assume you meant to type 5th Brother, because Ahsoka doesn't fight the 7th Sister and 8th Brother alone.
    –The Sith Code

5+ Year Old Account
    We have no idea of her powers. We have no idea what state Obi-wan's skills are at this point.

This is the problem with your argument here. We don't know enough to make the claims you are saying. We have no idea how the series will go just yet.

And I am going to assume you meant to type 5th Brother, because Ahsoka doesn't fight the 7th Sister and 8th Brother alone.
    Yes, 5th brother, n she beats them both, alone.

Inquisitors are not fully trained, are not considered Sith, only grand inquisitor has any skills, he was a Jedi before. As he is the leader, he is more powerful than 3rd sister (cuz that's how it works in sith hierarchy, the strong lead, n the leader is in danger of being deposed, that's a reason why Vader hates the inquisitors n won't train them nor cares if they live or die) n since he was defeated by kanan jarrus, n kanan is weaker than kenobi, thus 3rd sister has no chance vs kenobi. It would be a fight vs a very powerful jedi vs someone not even worthy of even being a Sith.

I think the danger is to Kenobi's mission, for him to be found out, so story needs psychological tension...n for that we don't need necessarily this weak force user, 3rd sister.
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2022-03-21 at 01:57 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes, 5th brother, n she beats them both, alone.
    1) The inquisitors were under orders to take her ALIVE. Vader, one of their bosses, wanted Ahsoka alive.
    2) The inquisitors very well could have been stalling for re-enforcement to arrive.

Secondly, those are the 5th Brother and 7th Sister, by your logic, they must be weaker than the 3rd Sister. And the Grand Inquisitor while beaten by Kanan was still stronger than Kanan, during that fight, Kanan felt he had nothing left to lose by fighting. How can you watch these scenes and have zero understanding of what they show you?
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    Star Wars doesn't have DBZ power levels. There are people who are stronger and well versed in the the skill or Force but anyone can take an L on any given day from anywhere considering the circumstances. See Anakin vs Obi. Anakin would be someone with a 'high power level' if you had to make that argument, Obi is someone who is simply really well versed at his craft but there's nothing nothing natural exceptional about him (as far as force-sensitives go). Obi put Anakin on life support, permanently.

Luke with almost no training was able to stand in room with Sith who had more skill than him in their pinkies. Power level arguments only go so far, if not ultimately meaningless in SW, especially when you have a plot device such as 'The Force' that will turn the time of a battle whenever it pleases.

Also the Inquisitors are randomly named. It's one of the ways the Sith so their lack of respect for the Inquisitors, by purposely giving the Inquisitors an arbitrary rank system that should mean something but doesn't.

Resident Cosplay Progressive