Page 16 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Was Vader's identity ever meant to be a secret? I never thought it was, it's not like he tried to hide it or anything. He only wears a mask for medical reasons it's not like people knowing who he used to be would actually matter, the guy wasn't hiding.
    Can't speak for the old EU as it's been to long but as far as current canon goes Anakin is reported dead and there is no info at all on who Vader In any data base in the whole of the empire, Vader also regularly kills any one who finds out any thing about him.

So it's all pretty secrety.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

7+ Year Old Account
    Its amazing how a ten years old little girl can outrun so many adults. Also, there was no doors in Leia home apparently, or they gave all the keys and means to get then to a kid.

Other than some eye-rollings moments here and there(i though bald guy was going to last longer), solid episodes so far.

Also, is that Wong isn't he? dude is living the real multiverse.

~~~

From the little i knew of the star wars franchise, i though it was supposed to be a secret Vader real identity, if it wasn't, then people would know, or could find, thus bringing his family from tatooine up and to Luke, hell, they had the same surname.

Which leads to, if the third sister knew his real name, and did a scan on tatooine they would have found Anakin brother and his son. At least is what i think would have happened.
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2022-05-28 at 01:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Was Vader's identity ever meant to be a secret? I never thought it was, it's not like he tried to hide it or anything. He only wears a mask for medical reasons it's not like people knowing who he used to be would actually matter, the guy wasn't hiding.
    Exactly. People are confusing their head canon with reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Its amazing how a ten years gold little girl can outrun so many adults. Also, there was no doors in Leia home apparently, or they gave al the keys and means to get it to a kid.
    I wouldn't mind it myself, but it was clear the adults (actors, not characters) were letting her get away every time. She just isn't a very fast kid. But that was a limitation of the actress rather than the character; I could easily see Lil' Leia being a lithe tomboy able to slip away from adults with ease.

Other than some eye-rollings moments here and there(i though bald guy was going to last longer), solid episodes so far.
    He's unlikely dead. In Boba Fett we saw someone shot in the same area and he was fine, and Fennec suffered a similar wound. Both were repaired with a few droid parts and some healing time.

Also, is that Wong isn't he? dude is living the real multiverse
    Nah, I thought that at first. But he's Sung Kang, most notably from the Fast and Furious movies.
    Last edited by Infinity Cubed; 2022-05-28 at 01:41 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Cubed View Post
    I wouldn't mind it myself, but it was clear the adults (actors, not characters) were letting her get away every time. She just isn't a very fast kid. But that was a limitation of the actress rather than the character; I could easily see Lil' Leia being a lithe tomboy able to slip away from adults with ease.
    I mean, even the fasted 10-year old kid could not rly run away from those "bounty hunters", neither from Obi-wan.

I understand they like the chase, the thrill and suspense, but rly, tis so out of place that i can't take serious.

He's unlikely dead. In Boba Fett we saw someone shot in the same area and he was fine, and Fennec suffered a similar wound. Both were repaired with a few droid parts and some healing time.
    Shot in the gut is one thing, being pierced like that from a lightsaber is another

Nah, I thought that at first. But he's Sung Kang, most notably from the Fast and Furious movies.
    ITs wong from another multiverse then, they look much alike with the make up.

I mean, even the fasted 10-year old kid could not rly run away from those "bounty hunters", neither from Obi-wan.

I understand they like the chase, the thrill and suspense, but rly, tis so out of place that i can't take serious.
    True enough. Though in the forest, they at least made an attempt to have her using the terrain to her advantage, which makes a ton of sense with both her wits and familiarity demonstrated earlier.

Shot in the gut is one thing, being pierced like that from a lightsaber is another
    Actually, I'd argue the lightsaber wound is less deadly than a blaster bolt, since it would carderize (I so misspelled that) the wound all the way through. And the stomach doesn't really have very many vital organs, let alone with an alien species.

7+ Year Old Account
    Actually, I'd argue the lightsaber wound is less deadly than a blaster bolt, since it would carderize (I so misspelled that) the wound all the way through. And the stomach doesn't really have very many vital organs, let alone with an alien species.
    Say that to Obi-wan master

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Like I said, I don't know anything about them. But the idea that people would forget about Jedi and the force in the 20 years after the Empire took over doesn't fit at all with a group of force users running around showing off their lightsabers and force powers to entire towns of bystanders... Or maybe Han was just a dumbass. /shrug
    It's likely both Han being a dumbass outside of being a pilot and consistency in storytelling and Star Wars hasn't been a thing since Empire strikes back.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    It's likely both Han being a dumbass outside of being a pilot and consistency in storytelling and Star Wars hasn't been a thing since Empire strikes back.
    It is more like the Jedi towards their end were almost a mythical status. There wasn't many compared to the galaxy at large, and Han was poor so likely never saw a Jedi until Obi-wan (despite being alive through the Clone Wars. He was born 32 BBY). It makes sense for someone who grew up like Han not to believe fantasy stories or believe they are tall tales (ie the I caught a fish this big kind of stories or the "Yeah, sure buddy, it a little early to be drinking." tales.). And for his adult life, once he got off Corellia it was already the post-Jedi world.

It isn't beyond all reason to assume that Han had reasons to doubt any stories he may have heard.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    I

From the little i knew of the star wars franchise, i though it was supposed to be a secret Vader real identity, if it wasn't, then people would know, or could find, thus bringing his family from tatooine up and to Luke, hell, they had the same surname.

Which leads to, if the third sister knew his real name, and did a scan on tatooine they would have found Anakin brother and his son. At least is what i think would have happened.
    You hit a lot of key points about people being able to piece together Anakin identity. Most people can't so the Empire doesn't need to do much. The Empire does really know, just some high profile officials.

Reva knows Anakin the Jedi. She doesn't know Anakin's connection to Tatt. She doesn't know about the children, they were a close kept secret and Vader didn't even know they were alive. She likely doesn't know much about his conversion. She was probably fed half truths like Obi is responsible for Vader being in the suit but they probably fed her tails of treason among the Jedi. She probably thinks the 501st was killing traitors and not committing genocide at the temple.

Someone learns Vader's name is Anakin. So? Unless they were a war buff, most of the Jedi records were destroyed or altered, it's unlikely they would connect Anakin the war hero to Vader. No one knows the families of the Jedis, it's not viewed as something important or notable in accordance to the way the Jedi operate. Maybe someone knows but I'm not sure sure Anakin knew much about Owen either. So it's completely plausible she had no idea Luke even existed, let alone was right under her nose.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

7+ Year Old Account
    Exactly. People are confusing their head canon with reality.
    You know if you ignore all the evidence that Vader didn't want people knowing he was Anakin in the canon.

Just because Vader killed people who found out, and the Empire lied about Vader dying. Also, ignore Tarkin respecting Vader's choice not to reveal himself being he had his reasons to keep quiet.

You know things that happen when something is a secret.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    Sort of a meme on discord that Dooku was the only prominent dark side user who couldn't survive a fatal blow. Maybe Anakin is one of the only people who actually knows how to kill people. His body count was practically higher than everyones before he even became Vader.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    You hit a lot of key points about people being able to piece together Anakin identity. Most people can't so the Empire doesn't need to do much. The Empire does really know, just some high profile officials.

Reva knows Anakin the Jedi. She doesn't know Anakin's connection to Tatt. She doesn't know about the children, they were a close kept secret and Vader didn't even know they were alive. She likely doesn't know much about his conversion. She was probably fed half truths like Obi is responsible for Vader being in the suit but they probably fed her tails of treason among the Jedi. She probably thinks the 501st was killing traitors and not committing genocide at the temple.

Someone learns Vader's name is Anakin. So? Unless they were a war buff, most of the Jedi records were destroyed or altered, it's unlikely they would connect Anakin the war hero to Vader. No one knows the families of the Jedis, it's not viewed as something important or notable in accordance to the way the Jedi operate. Maybe someone knows but I'm not sure sure Anakin knew much about Owen either. So it's completely plausible she had no idea Luke even existed, let alone was right under her nose.
    if she knows Anakin the Jedi then she would know he is from Tatooine. It was known where he came from if she has any access to records. She would know at least where he was from, but not if he had family there because Shmi was a slave in the Outer Rim/Hutt Controlled Space. So, finding Owen's connection to Anakin would likely not come up in any records that the Empire has.

However, I don't think her figuring it out through records is how she knows. I think it is more likely she saw Anakin and Palpatine speaking after the purge at the Temple where Palpatine calls him Vader. Therefore, having another person named Vader be one of her bosses now, she could have put two and two together.

That's currently my guess. There are other less interesting ways like Vader "feeling" like Anakin in the force. Like how Ahsoka recognized Vader as Anakin, but given this is tying into Episode III, it makes more sense for her to find out in the first way to me.

However, these both rely on her having personally seen Anakin before the suit. We don't know if she did or not at this time. She definitely would have known about Anakin in some manner at the temple, but the extent is not know.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Sort of a meme on discord that Dooku was the only prominent dark side user who couldn't survive a fatal blow. Maybe Anakin is one of the only people who actually knows how to kill people. His body count was practically higher than everyones before he even became Vader.
    The only problem with the idea is that we know the character exists later in the time line. You could argue someone else of his same race ascends to the exact same position (which has some merit considering the difference in head shapes), but it's much more likely he's just wounded rather than dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    It is more like the Jedi towards their end were almost a mythical status. There wasn't many compared to the galaxy at large
    The problem with that idea is the years-long galaxy-spanning war in which Jedi operated as front-line generals for the Republic army right before they *cough* disappeared. Sure, you can explain a lot of that away with a campaign of post-war Imperial propaganda, but it's always just been strange to me. And is a big part of why I think the prequels were fucking terrible idea. They demystified (can't think of a better word) so much of the Star Wars universe...even without the abject stupidity that was midi-chlorians.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    However, I don't think her figuring it out through records is how she knows. I think it is more likely she saw Anakin and Palpatine speaking after the purge at the Temple where Palpatine calls him Vader. Therefore, having another person named Vader be one of her bosses now, she could have put two and two together.
    That's exactly what I assumed, fwiw. If she's one of the Padawans who survived Anakin's massacre of the Jedi Temple, there's a good chance that she knows Anakin became Vader. He was there, undisguised, after all. And Anakin was pretty famous. The Padawans all knew who he was.

10+ Year Old Account

ITs wong from another multiverse then, they look much alike with the make up.
    Lol they look nothing alike.

Last edited by MCMLXXXII; 2022-05-28 at 03:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The fuck is with the racist bullshit?
    Brit from Hong Kong heritage. American from Korean origin. Both Asians right?

I mean, I think it's kinda' obvious the 3rd sister is probably a former disgraced or captured padawan, and very likely Vader's personal agent, so it's not far fetched that she would know about the whole Anakin thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Finlandia WOAT View Post
    Mostly functional but unclever, with clunky dialogue.

The Mediocre
    -Grand Inquisitors introduction: isn't there a better way to deliver this info without explaining it to some rando in a bar?
    -Grand Inquisitor/Reva fight: seems contrived he would try to knock her down a peg when the guy whose capture will give them a 2000 Space Buck bonus from Lord Vadar is right fucking there.
    - Obi Wan doesn't want anything to do with the Jedi. He doesnt intervene to help the guy who got stiffed. He tells the other Jedi to fuck off. Then he wants to train Luke? I get that's his only priority, still seems a tad emotionally inconsistent to me that in one scene Obi Wan emphasizes "the fight is over", then wants to train Luke to be a Jedi...to what end? It feels a Luke in the Last Jedi would be apposite here as a starting point for Obi Wan, a guy who has given up on the Jedi and is running out the clock in some cave.
    -Leia thinking Obi Wan was a bad guy felt like it happened for no other reason so he could save her with the Force.

(1) it's a pet peeve of mine when oppressive baddies trying to look intimidating start arguing in front of the locals because the film crew didn't realize this looks bad, and you should go somewhere private first- so good job for not doing that!
    The GI literally explained to you in the episode why... there are no major jedi left (that they know of) so they are left hunting inexperienced padawans.
    That whole scene was basically about an inquisitor squad with a new rookie in tow, but that rookie is abit more unhinged than they expect... we dont know why yet, but strong theory is that SHE was one of those kids at the opening scene.

Once again she is unhinged so the GI didnt expect her to be that petty.

Obi-Wan knows exactly what hes doing... and us knowing the films already we should know that Luke is going to end the sith. Thats how the whole prophecy went down... Anakin was the chosen one to have a child who would be able to put a stop to the sith once and for all. It all began with Anakin the force-child.
    So thats why its important Luke gets trained.

Leia thinking Obi-Wan was a bad guy made perfect sense... she has never met him before remember? shes just been kidnapped by randoms and now another random is trying to take her away from those other randoms, and then she sees a wanted poster of this new random... it makes sense she would run from someone who is WANTED.
    Not that difficult to see the reasoning. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    Brit from Hong Kong heritage. American from Korean origin. Both Asians right?
    There voices were similar, and you didn't see him close up at first. Plus his voice was heavily modulated, his face widened with the stupid hat, and it had a very Wong-sounding tone to it. But it was clear it wasn't him after we saw him close up and heard him speak more. Nevermind that he's a fanboy and very prolific thanks to playing Wong, so really easy to assume he could have been cast in the show.

But hey, why assume a simple answer when you can call someone a racist, amirite?
    Last edited by Infinity Cubed; 2022-05-28 at 04:10 AM.