Page 18 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Cubed View Post
    What does being familiar with a written language have to do with two actors' similar voices?
    It's 'Their', not 'There'. You're asking someone if English isn't their native tongue while failing at distinguishing basic words.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    It's 'Their', not 'There'. You're asking someone if English isn't their native tongue while failing at distinguishing basic words.
    Yeah, a minor typo vs. a fundamental and repeated misunderstanding of definitions. You got me.

There are plenty of individuals who worked out who he was and lived - most prominently and recently Thrawn.
    Holy shit, man. You used a - instead of a — while going around criticizing other people's literacy and grammar? Not even taking the half second to use a double one in its place at least? Tsk, tsk.

Thrawn got to live because he was a) clever enough to not state the obvious, and b) was a highly valued tool for Vaders Master.
    A few seconds later, and you go and fail to use an apostrophe? Oh my stars and garters.

Gotta love this place.
    Last edited by Infinity Cubed; 2022-05-28 at 12:57 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The fuck is with the racist bullshit?
    ah yes, saying someone look like another is racist, today is clown day.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    You hit a lot of key points about people being able to piece together Anakin identity. Most people can't so the Empire doesn't need to do much. The Empire does really know, just some high profile officials.

Reva knows Anakin the Jedi. She doesn't know Anakin's connection to Tatt. She doesn't know about the children, they were a close kept secret and Vader didn't even know they were alive. She likely doesn't know much about his conversion. She was probably fed half truths like Obi is responsible for Vader being in the suit but they probably fed her tails of treason among the Jedi. She probably thinks the 501st was killing traitors and not committing genocide at the temple.

Someone learns Vader's name is Anakin. So? Unless they were a war buff, most of the Jedi records were destroyed or altered, it's unlikely they would connect Anakin the war hero to Vader. No one knows the families of the Jedis, it's not viewed as something important or notable in accordance to the way the Jedi operate. Maybe someone knows but I'm not sure sure Anakin knew much about Owen either. So it's completely plausible she had no idea Luke even existed, let alone was right under her nose.
    Right, but she knew not just his name, but his surname, this does not look like one surname common likes jones, if they did a scan on the planet, to look for a jedi, the name of the people would have come up and she would do the connection.

I was also thinking she could be the firs tentative of Vader having an apprentice
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2022-05-28 at 01:39 PM.

Yeah, a minor typo vs. a fundamental and repeated misunderstanding of definitions. You got me.

Holy shit, man. You used a - instead of a — while going around criticizing other people's literacy and grammar? Not even taking the half second to use a double one in its place at least? Tsk, tsk.

A few seconds later, and you go and fail to use an apostrophe? Oh my stars and garters.

Gotta love this place.
    It's not a minor typo, it shows a lack of fundamental understanding of the language. Try again, obvious burner account.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes, saying 2 people of the same race look alike when they don’t and they also don’t sound alike is pretty racist. Welcome to the 20th century. Let us know when you’re ready to join us in the 21st.
    Middle age white man calling other people racist, welcome to the 21 century.

They do look alike in the episode, you are the one seeing as a race issue, because maybe, the racist is yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Middle age white man calling other people racist, welcome to the 21 century.

They do look alike in the episode, you are the one seeing as a race issue, because maybe, the racist is yourself.
    No, they don't. They also don't sound anything alike. Stop trying to gaslight people to distract from your stupid comment.

10+ Year Old Account
    ah yes, saying someone look like another is racist, today is clown day.

Right, but she knew not just his name, but his surname, this does not look like one surname common likes jones, if they did a scan on the planet, to look for a jedi, the name of the people would have come up and she would do the connection.

I was also thinking she could be the firs tentative of Vader having an apprentice
    The in-universe explanation for 'Skywalker' was a surname is that it's common...even though we only see 3 (4 counting Rey I guess) people will the last name.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

7+ Year Old Account
    No, they don't. They also don't sound anything alike. Stop trying to gaslight people to distract from your stupid comment.
    I don't give a flying fuck about other people, i though it was wong, you people are trying to make a big of a deal with those stupid comments, end of the story.

- - - Updated - - -

The in-universe explanation for 'Skywalker' was a surname is that it's common...even though we only see 3 (4 counting Rey I guess) people will the last name.
    Ah well, if its that common i guess, but it sounds a lot cheesy to be common

Oof. It's always great to see Ewan McGregor as Obi-Wan, but everything else about these first two episodes have just been very mediocre to me. Some parts were just flat-out boring. A lot of the dialogue also feels very awkward (and that's saying quite a lot for a Star Wars film). I hope the rest of the episodes are better, but was surprised to learn there are only six.

I don't give a flying fuck about other people, i though it was wong, you people are trying to make a big of a deal with those stupid comments, end of the story.
    Nah, first you mistook him, and that's fine, and then you said 'they sure look alike with that makeup', which they don't. You're the guy who made the stupid comment, and now you won't let it go.

7+ Year Old Account
    Riiiight. The problem is that I don’t confuse two asian men who don’t look alike and don’t sound alike. It’s not your inability to tell them apart.
    My inability to tell then apart is one thing, saying its because is "racism" is completely under your bigotry.

Guess if i say i though the actor from the Bourne series was doing transformers you are going to bitch as well right? cause you can stay on your pants. lmao

7+ Year Old Account
    My bigotry against racism? Weird thing to be upset about.
    White male middle age-men against racism in a videogame forum, truly 21 century.

Nah, first you mistook him, and that's fine, and then you said 'they sure look alike with that makeup', which they don't. You're the guy who made the stupid comment, and now you won't let it go.
    You think they don't, thats fine m8. But i think they do. So. now, what you gonna do about it? do as you say, and let it go, or keep going derailing the threat with this bs?

Choice is yours.
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2022-05-28 at 02:32 PM.

I'm sorry, have we taken to pretending that "all [X people] look the same" isn't obvious racism? Fascinating.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I'm sorry, have we taken to pretending that "all [X people] look the same" isn't obvious racism? Fascinating.
    Yes, truly what was all about, "all x look the same", talking about reading the room, amazing.

Yes. It is 21st century to stand against racism. I don’t get why you think white people, of any age, should happily accept it. On wait, nm, you’re a racist.
    Sure keep pretending that, keyboard warrior. Im sure your hypocrite ass will sleep good and tight at night knowing you did a good job "against racism" today.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Outside of the surname of "Antilles", there are no other named surnames that are beyond just one family we see in movies.

It isn't surprising given the number of surnames that are confirmed, we can't determine how common any surname is.

And we know at least 2 unrelated Antilles. There is Wedge, Bail, and Raymus. Wedge is unrelated to Raymus. And we do not know if Bail is related to Raymus or Wedge in anyway. Bail doesn't appear to my knowledge, just mentioned in Episode I.

Outside of Antilles, I don't know if there is another surname that is repeated (at least in the movies).

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, you guys keep thinking I fail to understand words but every time you guys show you lack it, not me because you always force to be one definition.

Because: Here is the merriam webster definitions. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/secret ... you know the dictionary that is considered the default for American English.

What about the Oxford English, generally accepted as the the best for English. https://www.oxfordlearnersdictionari...20top%20secret

Notice how while some definitions use kept, some just show you don't have to share it with everyone.

It is still funny you think that definition supported you in any way though. You picked a definition you think "proved you right" when called out for it not, you accused me of not understanding the word. I know it better than you ever have.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2022-05-28 at 04:11 PM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    The GI literally explained to you in the episode why... there are no major jedi left (that they know of) so they are left hunting inexperienced padawans. (1)
    That whole scene was basically about an inquisitor squad with a new rookie in tow, but that rookie is abit more unhinged than they expect... we dont know why yet, but strong theory is that SHE was one of those kids at the opening scene. (2)

Once again she is unhinged so the GI didnt expect her to be that petty. (3)

Obi-Wan knows exactly what hes doing... and us knowing the films already we should know that Luke is going to end the sith. Thats how the whole prophecy went down... Anakin was the chosen one to have a child who would be able to put a stop to the sith once and for all. It all began with Anakin the force-child. (4)
    So thats why its important Luke gets trained.

Leia thinking Obi-Wan was a bad guy made perfect sense... she has never met him before remember? (5)shes just been kidnapped by randoms and now another random is trying to take her away from those other randoms, and then she sees a wanted poster of this new random... it makes sense she would run from someone who is WANTED.
    Not that difficult to see the reasoning. :P
    1) I have no idea what part this is referring to.
    2) the point of the scene is to introduce the bad guys, introduce their motives and their methods, give them a bit of personality, and finally show Reva is a loose cannon cop who doesn't play by the rules. All but the last are conveyed in the most boring way possible: the GI explaining it, for no particular reason, to a rando in a bar. Hence why I called the show functional but unclever.

3) he made a point of focusing on chewing her out rather than focusing on Obi Wan. It came off as slightly forced to me, wouldn't he focus on Obi Wan and then chew her out later? It's Obi Wan, the Empire's most wanted after all (especially since they know his relation to Vader).

4) you missed my point here: I think it's emotionally and tonally dissonant to have one scene where Obi Wan stresses how he has given up, then a scene or two later show he really, really wants to train Luke- even if there's a "rational" explanation for it, it's emotionally dissonant.

I'm not saying it's weird or out of character that Obi Wan would want to train Luke- it's dissonant when this comes after three scenes with the emotional point that Obi Wan is over the whole Jedi thing, including one where he literally looks at the camera and says this!

5) except she was totally fine going with him at first, plus she realized the kidnappers had been using her to get to him.

Yes, they do. A lot of people are making the mistake on first impression. So much so that they've written numerous articles about it.

Is Benedict Wong in Obi-Wan Kenobi?

You and company trying to pretend there's no similarity and that it's impossible to confuse them just so you can pretend to be outraged for Benedict Wong is the only thing remotely problematic.

The man is under a ton of make-up and wearing a costume that is distorting the shape and size of his head, and he's using a voice modulator that makes him sound a lot like Wong. Quit pretending the similarity doesn't exist.

Gotta love this place.

I guess all those people (if they exist at all, <feigned scoff>) mistaking Zach Braff and Dax Shepard, Michael Cera and Jessie Eisenberg, and Jessica Chastain and Bryce Dallas Howard are pretty much Nazis themselves. I mean, they don't even have the excuse of having the actors hidden under a gallon of white makeup, distorted hats, and voice modulators and they're still making the oopsies. Such racists, I tell you what.
    Last edited by Infinity Cubed; 2022-05-28 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Oops, had to fix a CATASTROPHIC typo that completely undermined the English language!

10+ Year Old Account
    Except they do not look alike. Congratulations on finding the only article someone wrote. And again if it was another poster asking the question, I could understand there might be a little bit of confusion. Which would be gone the moment you get a close-up. However, considering his post history, I don't believe the guy. And you should know because you've been heer longer the your ban evading account says.

When I watch this live, and I saw the three kidnappers, I thought by myself, holy shit is that Flea? I immediately googled for confirmation. You think the guy who keeps bitching about Loki not being bisexual and all other kinds of cherrypicking wouldn't Google it instantly?

I think everyone is reading too much into what is most probably sloppy writing in regards to what the Thrird Sister knows and why. I think part of what is going on is she is driven to find Kenobi for reason X and the dudes won’t listen to her.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Fixed that for you. Like...Palpatine literally had an evil monster voice that he put on (and then just started using full-time at the end of ep.III) whenever he was around people who knew who he was.
    You didn't just compare Palpatine to the inquisitors in Kenobi... Wait, you did.
    Dude.
    Bruh.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.