Page 36 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    It's why Mandalorian works IMO. Being completely separate from the canon a large means the show tells its own story with its own concepts and characters without having to worry so much about continuity or including X character the right way or bridging gaps or whatnot.

At least until S2 where they started piling up the cameos. I fear the future of that series is to be increasingly tied up to the "main" story, very likely to its detriment as that story has never been very good to begin with if you ask me.

As for Kenobi, so far it's in the spirit of the prequels, AKA bad writing, dialog and direction somewhat helped by a couple actors taking or more seriously than the rest. I had higher hopes but wasn't overly surprised by this turn of events.
    For me it's the exact opposite - season 1 of Mando was boring as hell 'till they reached the finale and we saw the darksaber. Season 2 was awesome, same with Boba Fett or Obi-Wan. I want cameos, and connections. That's the strength of Star Wars (and Marvel). Can't wait for Ahsoka and seeing the Rebels crew in life action! <3

#TEAMGIRAFFE

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Theangryone View Post
    True, but the only reason he was made a Knight and elevated from OW’s padawan was because of Palpatine. Just like when he was a kid, the Council didn’t think he was ready.

As I stated before, it’s just bad writing. Reeva could sense the room OW was in but Vader couldn’t sense his fear across the street. Reeva reads the archives and figures out Organa was friends with OW which is a fact Vader already knew so it begs the question why didn’t he use Organa. And the Inquisitors got beat by an awning, never forget it’s sacrifice and bravery
    He was knighted shortly after Attack of the Clones. His ceremony was shown in the 2D Clone Wars series, but sadly that isn't officially canon, but I think Filoni considers parts of it canon.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Clone Wars is canon. It’s one of the non-movie bits to remain.
    There's two Clone Wars shows, the 2D one and the CGI one. The CGI one is canon. There's parts of the 2D one that don't contradict canon so it's not uncommon for people to view those parts as canon until there's a conflict.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

7+ Year Old Account
    My fault, I missed the micro-series part. Yeah, that’s not canon. The movie and actual series are, which is what’s actually relevant to the series we’re getting from Filoni.
    Filoni did not know he was going to be able to use Anakin and Obi-wan for his series at first because of the 2D series.
    And Filoni does reference events in the 2D series in the 3D series.

I believe Mace makes reference to the 2D series at one point. Hence, my statement "Filoni considers PARTS of it canon."

The entire series cannot be canon as there are obvious issues with it.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

I can't believe they keep taking their best characters and making them shit, then putting up crap replacements.

It's obviously failing but they keep doing it. Look at the upswell in the Mandalorian when a Luke returns as a bad ass.
    Look at how nobody cared in in Boba Fett when he was so lame..

What do you think viewers and fans want... shitty favourites or badass ones?

But they keep doing it over and over again.. why? Because KK wants to remake star wars of girls and not boys. KK loved star wars and hated that the boys won't let her play and told her she's not a boy , she can't be Luke.. so when she took over Star wars, she was always hell bent on ruining all the boys heroes, and replacing them with female versions.. now the heroes would be Rey, and Leia, and Moses etc.. get it?

KK still believes she can convince everyone to love star wars again with all the shit she's throwing on it.. why? Because she loves star wars, and she has exalted it into some mythical level and feels it simply can't fail no matter what because it is star wars, so as much as she changes it, people will love it and it will be hers.

The end.

Star Wars would be crap as long as she pushes her vision - because it's crap, nobody likes it, it's her fantasy - and it's not what people fell in love with.. people fell in love with Star Wars, not KKs head version of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh btw, do you know why she is still there?

Because like many of the failing show runners, they have become adept at manipulating and blaming others for their failures. They blame the fandom for under performance, and most money rollers don't understand how twitter crazies hyping your shit doesn't make it good if it's crap, but they can blame covid, fan backlash, call it names, make it a new phenomena, have their media friends create something that is totally unproveable and use it to justify their failings.

They say it's not the bad direction or the poor vision that nobody likes, it's the haters, it's COVID, and well the bank rollers are buying the lies and so keep them on , afterall, she was there through the big days of Star Wars she knows what she's doing right?

Wrong, She's changing star wars into something that it's not, and she wants it to be, most people actually don't like. this is why Episode 7-9 under performed for what you would expect of Star wars, and a brand that should have been gold is now coming in 4th5th, place consistently.

- - - Updated - - -

How to fix? Don't know if it will but then Mandalorian last season showed that if you do it right, people will come back especially after it's bombed so bad, a good star wars would be a huge hit. they just need to make one.

It won't happen with KK pushing her vision.. she either needs to continue the original and scrap her ideal, or they remove her and have someone who really understands Star Wars continue it.

What to do about episode 7-9 it happened, but make it a reality that happened because the original got changed and do a new sequence of movies that either show that or a bridge film/series that show that and now a 10-12.

I would probably either do a movie or series that shows the EU version of how things should have been, then show how this was changed to what we got, and then show how it gets restored and continue down into something no one has heard of.

It's sad that the SWTOR video game's KOTOR sequel, KotFE, was a better story ine and presentation than Episode 7-9

Everyone should had seen right off the bat that the show was going to be a mediocre mess the moment Disney deployed the Racial and Misogynistic Deflector Shields on twitter.

7+ Year Old Account
    Filoni isn’t in charge of what is and isn’t canon.
    I see you missed my point.

I am not saying it is canon because Filoni says so, I stated that Filoni treats part of the series as canon. I am stating an opinion Filoni appears to have based on his behavior.

Do you know the difference or are you just trying to have an argument on a point I didn't make?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    --snip--
    Why do they keep KK? Lucas wanted her.
    Also, the rest of what you said is just whining Star Wars isn't what you want.

Star Wars is fine, it is making money. Disney doesn't waste time with things that don't make them money. They dropped Power Rangers because Power Rangers was costing more than it was worth for them. Power Rangers which is still ongoing at this time. Outside of Solo, no other Star Wars movie is considered a "flop." Even the Last Jedi made its money back and then some (1.3 Billion on a budget of 317 million).
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    I see you missed my point.

I am not saying it is canon because Filoni says so, I stated that Filoni treats part of the series as canon. I am stating an opinion Filoni appears to have based on his behavior.

Do you know the difference or are you just trying to have an argument on a point I didn't make?
    Its honestly bizarre. They made the mistake of thinking the conversation was about the CGI series instead of the 2D one. Instead of being like "oh my bad" they went with "oh my bad but this is why my mistake isn't a mistake!"

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Everyone should had seen right off the bat that the show was going to be a mediocre mess the moment Disney deployed the Racial and Misogynistic Deflector Shields on twitter.
    As crazy as it sounds I think you are right.

I saw somewhere that disney started that particular campaign before the show was even out. You could argue that they were trying to get "ahead" of a situation but on that same note, you could argue they knew the show was bad so why not manufacture a larger issue than what it really was so they could do their best to claim any negative criticism was misogynic or racial and not just because it was poorly written, directed and/or acted.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post

I saw somewhere that disney started that particular campaign before the show was even out. You could argue that they were trying to get "ahead" of a situation but on that same note, you could argue they knew the show was bad so why not manufacture a larger issue than what it really was so they could do their best to claim any negative criticism was misogynic or racial and not just because it was poorly written, directed and/or acted.
    It's not too crazy, since it has happened before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post

Maybe because the SW fandom has been toxic since the prequels and its about time stackholders call it out?

Love to see it

Last edited by PACOX; 2022-06-07 at 09:56 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Insane rant.
    You people really need to get some healthier hobbies being so obsessed with people you know nothing about and concocting these ridiculous conspiracy theory’s about them can’t be healthy.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2022-06-07 at 10:10 PM.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    You people really need to get some healthier hobbies being so obsessed with people you know nothing about and concocting these ridiculous conspiracy theory’s about them can’t be healthy.
    This cracked me up. Because what you’ve said is true. But the truth is, Star Wars fans have always had a toxic minority. Sad, but is the case.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Maybe because the SW fandom has been toxic since the prequels and its about time stackholders call it out?

Love to see it

https://i.imgur.com/uQnmN6o.png

https://i.imgur.com/ZcXJSJD.png
    Why are people hating on Billie Lourd? I don't really know who she is. I understand people don't like Kelly Marie Tran's character, I don't get why they hate her.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Why are people hating on Billie Lourd? I don't really know who she is. I understand people don't like Kelly Marie Tran's character, I don't get why they hate her.
    Because a lot of people are too stupid to realise the difference between a fictional character and a real human being. And they’re also just prejudiced as fuck, so hating on a minority is an added bonus for them.

It's not people, it's one tweet.

People really gotta stop falling for this PR stunt. There are millions of people on twitter. At least 1% of humans (probably more!) are sociopaths. Certainly more than that have other severe mental issues.

There is no universe where people don't get called horrible things on social media, just purely based on numbers. I mean, there are a lot of tankies and qanon people and other idiots on twitter too. That does not mean it is representative of anything. But boy is it an easy way to deflect criticism from something you made that a lot of people don't like!
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

7+ Year Old Account
    I admitted I made a mistake. He’s the one who proceeded to make an argument about Filoni’s head canon.
    It isn't an argument. It is just a statement or a observation on Filoni's behavior.

And your response is still nonsense to that because I never claimed Filoni's called it canon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Its honestly bizarre. They made the mistake of thinking the conversation was about the CGI series instead of the 2D one. Instead of being like "oh my bad" they went with "oh my bad but this is why my mistake isn't a mistake!"
    I don't get it either. Apparently, making an observation on Filoni's behavior is "Making an argument on Filoni's head canon." Seems Vegas just wants an argument over a non-issue.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post
    It's not people, it's one tweet.

People really gotta stop falling for this PR stunt. There are millions of people on twitter. At least 1% of humans (probably more!) are sociopaths. Certainly more than that have other severe mental issues.
    Plus, platforms like Twitter by definition are self-selecting for people with an exaggerated sense of self-importance and a need for attention.

It's no surprise to find a disproportionate amount of screeching maniacs on there, and you're absolutely correct that we should a) stop rewarding them with attention in general; and b) be aware that this particular cross-section of humanity is FAR from representative of the population at large.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Plus, platforms like Twitter by definition are self-selecting for people with an exaggerated sense of self-importance and a need for attention.

It's no surprise to find a disproportionate amount of screeching maniacs on there, and you're absolutely correct that we should a) stop rewarding them with attention in general; and b) be aware that this particular cross-section of humanity is FAR from representative of the population at large.
    SW fans bullied Jake Lloyd so hard he still struggles with it. Dude was kid and social media didn't even exist.

Wrong, She's changing star wars into something that it's not, and she wants it to be, most people actually don't like. this is why Episode 7-9 under performed for what you would expect of Star wars,
    Not that I like the storytelling direction of Disney Star Wars, but I don't think this is true. Comparing it to the prequels at the box office, total gross for movies released that calender year (so TLJ is in 2018 even though it was released in the penultimate week, for example):

TPM: 1st
    TFA: 1st

AotC: 5th
    TLJ: 3rd

RotS: 1st
    RoS: 1st

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/year/2...rt=grossToDate