Page 63 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    You have the episodes in HD, go rewatch it.
    I have.

Literally nothing back up your claims. The rebel underground had a bacta tank. Unsurprising, since they'd have people come in injured pretty regularly, I'd imagine. It's not a temporary bacta pod, like it might have been if it were just prepped specially for one dude in an emergency. All the dialog is even spelled out as "the bacta tank is this way", not "his bacta tank" or whatever; I put on closed captioning just to be sure.

You're making stuff up that just isn't true and literally never was.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I have.

Literally nothing back up your claims. The rebel underground had a bacta tank. Unsurprising, since they'd have people come in injured pretty regularly, I'd imagine. It's not a temporary bacta pod, like it might have been if it were just prepped specially for one dude in an emergency.

You're making stuff up that just isn't true and literally never was.
    Hahaha. As expected, again, you see nothing. Maybe because this time around you had to LISTEN?

The Sand Snake literally says "Prepare the bacta tank"
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Some brain droppings from wookieepedia:
    1. Bacta is only produced by two companies
    2. It's a business
    3. Empire controls all the bacta production during Empire times.

Oh and btw, avoid going Vratix on wookieepedia. It's disgusting.
    Okay, so you read it? Are you still claiming that Bacta is single use?
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    Hahaha. As expected, again, you see nothing. Maybe because this time around you had to LISTEN?

The Sand Snake literally says "Prepare the bacta tank"
    Why do you think that in any way supports you?

When I had to get an MRI ages back, it was after hours and they had to "prepare the MRI machine", warming it up and running the pre-use checks because it had been shut down; they had to call the technician in from home to get it done ASAP.

Does that mean that MRI machine is single-use only and was built solely for my use, or does it just mean the machine needs to be prepped before use?

Why do you insist on interpreting everything in the absolute worst possible manner, when so many easier explanations are right there and totally consistent and reasonable?

Not sure where you're getting any of this. It certainly wasn't prepared specifically for Obi-Wan; he'd only just gotten injured and there was no way to presume that he would have been more than a minute or two earlier. They certainly show bacta tanks being reused for different people regularly.
    Welcome to the writing of this show, where it has the veneer of Star Wars but that's it. Every episode has ton of issues and plotholes, some small, some massive, and everything in between. Quite a bit of what happens or is portray is inconsistent with past content as well as with itself. Almost everything I've seen praised is all superficial stuff that generally doesn't make sense once you stop to think about it. Highest praise I can give this show is being an unintentional parody, but there's parodies that are way better produced by amateurs. I'd give amateurs way more lenience, but ironically enough they don't need it even when going up against Disney content.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do you think that in any way supports you?

When I had to get an MRI ages back, it was after hours and they had to "prepare the MRI machine", warming it up and running the pre-use checks because it had been shut down; they had to call the technician in from home to get it done ASAP.

Does that mean that MRI machine is single-use only and was built solely for my use, or does it just mean the machine needs to be prepped before use?

Why do you insist on interpreting everything in the absolute worst possible manner, when so many easier explanations are right there and totally consistent and reasonable?
    I know thinking is hard if you disagree with the thinking. MRI is not liquid based. The liquid in question is also the fuel. The source of healing. It is not reusable because then there would be no need to produce it and it won't be a business. Since it only comes from ONE species (it's a secretion). It's very rare and expensive.

Since the production is controled by the Empire - the ragtag group of refugees won't have a LOT of it.

You literally don't use MORE bacta in the tank than you need. Not to mention the sanitary issues. Come on. We've just being thru masked period - it's politically incorrect to reuse bacta tanks even, not to mention depleted bacta.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

7+ Year Old Account
    I know thinking is hard if you disagree with the thinking. MRI is not liquid based. The liquid in question is also the fuel. The source of healing. It is not reusable because then there would be no need to produce it and it won't be a business. Since it only comes from ONE species (it's a secretion). It's very rare and expensive.

Since the production is controled by the Empire - the ragtag group of refugees won't have a LOT of it.

You literally don't use MORE bacta in the tank than you need. Not to mention the sanitary issues. Come on. We've just being thru masked period - it's politically incorrect to reuse bacta tanks even, not to mention depleted bacta.
    Or it means Bacta has limited reusability.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    Zero reusability is limited reusability. Empire is a capitalist world. Trust me. it's not reusable. Probably might be even watered down.

7+ Year Old Account
    Zero reusability is limited reusability. Empire is a capitalist world. Trust me. it's not reusable. Probably might be even watered down.
    "Trust me despite the source material not saying anything about it its reusability."
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    Welcome to the writing of this show, where it has the veneer of Star Wars but that's it. Every episode has ton of issues and plotholes, some small, some massive, and everything in between.
    Literally all of Star Wars has had massive plot holes and issues.

Why was Obi-Wan's brilliant strategy to hide Luke to hand him over to a relative on his dad's home planet and ensuring Luke grew up with his dad's last name? Cause it's not a family name from his adopted family; Owen Lars married Beru Whitesun; the Skywalker name doesn't even have a blood relationship through Owen, who's only relation to the Skywalkers being that his dad married Shmi at some point, making Owen a step-relative to the Skywalkers.
    Why did Luke french kiss his sister? Is George Lucas just really into incest?
    How does Leia remember Padme, when Padme died in childbirth? (less of a complaint, because this is a prequel retcon rather than a plot hole entirely in the OT itself).
    Why doesn't Vader recognize either R2 or C-3P0 at literally any point in the OT (again, prequel bullshit). Hell, why doesn't Obi-Wan recognize R2?
    Why can't Vader tell Leia's his kid? They have a confrontation SUPER early. Literally not a hint. Mr. Super Mega Force Man, his daughter RIGHT there yelling at him, no clue.
    Lucas not understanding what the fuck a Parsec is, and no I don't care about retcon Kessel run justification attempts.

Welcome to the writing of Star Wars, from literally A New Hope on.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know logic escapes most people.

Jsut put yourself in place of those refugees.

You have limited bacta supply.

Would you use the highly concentrated bacta in a tank and then reuse it over and over again...

Or would you use your brains and fill the tank with jsut ENOUGH bacta to heal the patient, clean the tank, and then refill it for another patient with just enough bacta?

If your answer is "maximum concentration with maximum reuse of the same bacta tank" - congrats the rebellion dies with you.

10+ Year Old Account

The tank they used was massive, way bigger than Obi-wan needed. So were the tanks we've seen used other times. And they're filled way up, not just enough to cover whoever's in it if they curl up. And nothing about any of this suggests bacta's not reuseable. Again; you're making that up, based on nothing. Literally inventing non-facts to try and claim what we literally saw to be true can't be true.

We know they won't use "JUST enough bacta" because Obi-Wan's fully immersed while standing up in a tank that's at least twice as big as it has any need to be, and that tank's nearly full, well over his head.

Like, watching the show, I can SEE that you're clearly wrong about this. It doesn't even matter which completely unwarranted and unsourced presumptions you made were the specific ones that turn out to be incorrect (if not all of them), the fact is that something's wrong somewhere, because what we saw does not line up with how you're trying to characterize it.
    Last edited by Endus; 2022-06-19 at 06:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The tank they used was massive, way bigger than Obi-wan needed. So were the tanks we've seen used other times. And they're filled way up, not just enough to cover whoever's in it if they curl up. And nothing about any of this suggests bacta's not reuseable. Again; you're making that up, based on nothing. Literally inventing non-facts to try and claim what we literally saw to be true can't be true.
    Oh the tank was massive for obi-wan! Like they had a selection of bacta tanks! And they didn't need to choose the biggest one to be universally good for everyone.

And of course the bacta tank is filled with PURE bacta. So the bigger the tank the more bacta in it.
    Yeah, that makes sense.

Sounds like their transports were filled with bacta, I wonder how they fit all the people in just ONE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh the tank was massive for obi-wan! Like they had a selection of bacta tanks! And they didn't need to choose the biggest one to be universally good for everyone.

And of course the bacta tank is filled with PURE bacta. So the bigger the tank the more bacta in it.
    Yeah, that makes sense.

Sounds like their transports were filled with bacta, I wonder how they fit all the people in just ONE.
    You can't even justify your claim that bacta's not reuseable. For all we know a single full tank's good for thirty years or 10,000 patients, whichever comes first. There's just as much in-universe backing for that as what you're trying to argue. The difference is I'm freely gonna admit I don't have a source for it and can't back it up and it shouldn't be seen as accurate. But it's precisely as accurate as your claims.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, yeah lets put all the bacta in one tank hoping to never have more than one patient.

I guess we should inform all the hospitals to only have one bed and one doctor and one nurse who can last for 30 years and heal 10000 CONSEQUTIVE patients.

(I wonder why we needed so many ICUs)

I wonder how more ridiculous you are willing to go for that death on the hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, yeah lets put all the bacta in one tank hoping to never have more than one patient.
    Why not? Who says bacta even needs replacing? You never demonstrated that it did.

I guess we should inform all the hospitals to only have one bed and one doctor and one nurse who can last for 30 years and heal 10000 CONSEQUTIVE patients.

(I wonder why we needed so many ICUs)

I wonder how more ridiculous you are willing to go for that death on the hill.
    Are you suggesting there's probably more than one bacta tank that's ready to go and thus it doesn't matter if the bacta in Obi-Wan's tank was "used up"?

Because that seems like the only reason to claim that there's probably more than one "bed".

And if there is, why wouldn't you have the bacta for those other tanks?

Look, I'm sorry the show took pains to foreshadow exactly how Reva can survive and heal, but the simple fact is that it did. There's a bacta tank right in the back. There's every reason to think it wasn't movable in an emergency evacuation scenario. Reva's got the Force to help her out. All these are things that were established, in principle, in the original trilogy. Sorry you forgot that bacta tanks exist and that they showed us there's one just a few staggered steps away from where we left her.
    Last edited by Endus; 2022-06-19 at 07:02 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Ah I see we’re at the point where people are just blatantly making up fanfic so they have new reasons to complain.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

7+ Year Old Account

Would you use the highly concentrated bacta in a tank and then reuse it over and over again...

Or would you use your brains and fill the tank with jsut ENOUGH bacta to heal the patient, clean the tank, and then refill it for another patient with just enough bacta?

If your answer is "maximum concentration with maximum reuse of the same bacta tank" - congrats the rebellion dies with you.
    Because the tank is design for the purpose of submerging the individual in bacta.

If I had no other choice? Yes. For all we know the bacta is drained, filtered, and reused. But, this process uses up some of the bacta, therefore that portion needs to be replaced.

Your argument is "bacta is not reusable" because you can't see why things would be done that way. And you have the audacity to claim other people have logic escape them?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Ah I see we’re at the point where people are just blatantly making up fanfic so they have new reasons to complain.
    His evidence that it is not reusable is solely because there is a business for it.
    Like that ever matter to whether or not if the product is reusable.
    –The Sith Code

Any number of explanations exist for why bacta could be a valuable commodity and recurring business without it being literally single-use only.

What if it's simply used up over time, and has to be replenished eventually, for example? Could be you get a good few dunks out of a tank before you have to refill it; might even depend on the severity of the injuries in question, so maybe it can treat 2-3 full-body burn victims but could also do 10-20 people with only partial burns. Or whatever.

Literally nothing suggests "one time only, gg" on the use of bacta.

There are filters built into the bottom of the tank just like an aquarium has. You're absolutely correct in that logic escapes most people - yourself included.