Page 72 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    So why was Reva spared by Darth Vader after betraying him and failing to capture Kenobi, but Second Sister (who didn't even betray Vader) was immediately cut down for failing her mission?
    Because Trilla was being redeemed at that point. She was turning away from the Dark Side, going back to the path of a Jedi. Also, Vader had two other "threats" to deal with as Cal and Cere were there too with Trilla, Reva was by herself.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Don't forget the woke gay cabal, dude, they're out to get you as well.
    Those religious ideologue crazies wouldn't have anything to get.

I know what KK is doing, it's quite clear, not angry, it's just rubbish. The plots, characters, actions none make sense. KK is in charge now, she made the force female and wants to stick it to the guys (apparently she never realised that it wasn't male to begin with), there is a lot of what she is doing here going on high profile IPs.

KK has wanted to do this, the star wars you see since she took over with Disney, is basically her fanfic and self inserts. They reflect what she wants, how she wants it, ..which may be good for her, but I don't like it and it's bad programming. It's a waste and it could have been much better, this really is bad. Why is it problematic? because it's bad, it's not about what makes sense, or good writing, or is going to appeal to many people - it's basically a fan that loved someone elses work so much, then spun off their own fantasy of it in their mind, got into the position to actually control how the thing was made and changed it to exactly that. She's making her fan fic, not a good quality production, that continues the franchise or is good for Star wars or its fans or any of that.

It's terrible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    The only thing that would make this absolute horseshit more funny is if you posted it immediately after a mod told people to knock off the irrelevant garbage. Oh, wait. Take your pathetic agenda elsewhere.
    It's garbage and you know it.

- - - Updated - - -

So why was Reva spared by Darth Vader after betraying him and failing to capture Kenobi, but Second Sister (who didn't even betray Vader) was immediately cut down for failing her mission?
    Because the writing is amazing and they make perfect sense because they say so.
    Last edited by Mace; 2022-06-23 at 10:24 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post

I know what KK is doing, it's quite clear, not angry, it's just rubbish. The plots, characters, actions none make sense. KK is in charge now, she wants the force the female and wants to stick it to the guys, there is a lot of that going on with many popular productions and franchises, or I should say some high profile ones, it isn't everyone.

KK has wanted to do this, the star wars you see since she took over with Disney, is basically her fanfic and self inserts. They reflect what she wants, how she wants it, ..which may be good for her, but I don't like it and it's bad programming. It's a waste and it could have been much better, this really is bad.

- - - Updated - - -

It's garbage and you know it.
    A moderator asked to stop this type of conversation. It has nothing to do with the show. So, stop, with the debunked KK hates men claims.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Reva was like Trilla, she was turning back to Jedi-ism. Her entire arc is "kill vader" for what he did to the younglings. She never deviated from that. He even acknowledged her being "youngling", and then there is this whole jedi path and Kenobi business which is even more serious than Cal and forceless Cere. But perhaps Vader learned his lesson with Reva. Doesn't make it any better though.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Because Trilla was being redeemed at that point. She was turning away from the Dark Side, going back to the path of a Jedi. Also, Vader had two other "threats" to deal with as Cal and Cere were there too with Trilla, Reva was by herself.
    Reva literally tried to kill him.

With Trilla, he literally cut her down from the back which, we can all agree, is a very gruesome and ruthless way to execute someone. While with Reva he just stabbed her, even though she literally betrayed him and ambushed him.

Sure, Trilla was starting to go back to the light, but she didn't ambush Vader. Reva openly and shamelessly ambushed him and tried to kill him. You'd think Vader would be way more furious with Reva than with Trilla.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Reva was like Trilla, she was turning back to Jedi-ism. Her entire arc is "kill vader" for what he did to the younglings. She never deviated from that. He even acknowledged her being "youngling", and then there is this whole jedi path and Kenobi business which is even more serious than Cal and forceless Cere. But perhaps Vader learned his lesson with Reva. Doesn't make it any better though.
    Trilla died 4 to 5 years earlier than the series.

- - - Updated - - -

Reva literally tried to kill him.

With Trilla, he literally cut her down from the back which, we can all agree, is a very gruesome and ruthless way to execute someone. While with Reva he just stabbed her, even though she literally betrayed him and ambushed him.

Sure, Trilla was starting to go back to the light, but she didn't ambush Vader. Reva openly and shamelessly ambushed him and tried to kill him. You'd think Vader would be way more furious with Reva than with Trilla.
    Not saying it makes perfect sense. Also, not really, betrayal is part of being a Sith/Dark Sider. You expect underlings to betray you. You don't expect them to turn back to the light side.
    –The Sith Code

I know what KK is doing, it's quite clear, not angry, it's just rubbish. The plots, characters, actions none make sense. KK is in charge now, she made the force female and wants to stick it to the guys (apparently she never realised that it wasn't male to begin with), there is a lot of what she is doing here going on high profile IPs.

KK has wanted to do this, the star wars you see since she took over with Disney, is basically her fanfic and self inserts. They reflect what she wants, how she wants it, ..which may be good for her, but I don't like it and it's bad programming. It's a waste and it could have been much better, this really is bad. Why is it problematic? because it's bad, it's not about what makes sense, or good writing, or is going to appeal to many people - it's basically a fan that loved someone elses work so much, then spun off their own fantasy of it in their mind, got into the position to actually control how the thing was made and changed it to exactly that. She's making her fan fic, not a good quality production, that continues the franchise or is good for Star wars or its fans or any of that.

It's terrible.
    Yes, you know her evil master plan. You alone have looked through the lies and the systematic deceit and you've figured out the truth. The world is flat. No, wait. That's the wrong kind of nutjob you sound alike. Lizardmen? Yeah. That's the one. She's a LizardWOman, and only you have figured it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Yes, you know her evil master plan. You alone have looked through the lies and the systematic deceit and you've figured out the truth. The world is flat. No, wait. That's the wrong kind of nutjob you sound alike. Lizardmen? Yeah. That's the one. She's a LizardWOman, and only you have figured it out.
    Didn’t say it was evil. I just don’t like it and it’s bad.

She is re writing Star Wars, and it’s horrible.

If it was good. I’d like it. Or even enjoyable.

10+ Year Old Account
    This show proves its possible to make good star wars stuff. I wish they'd retcon episode 4, 5 and 6 so we could actually get some good Star wars content again now that this show is over. It's quite evident they wasted all these good characters in the first movies.
    Hi

Sorry, I don't think you have the capacity to actually judge something objectively. "I don't like it so it's bad" is one of the dumbest arguments to make. 'She's rewriting Star Wars', yeah. Sure, buddy. You're the one with the Master Plan, the non plus ultra in regards of taste is thee.

What a joke. You're the reason Star Wars fans get so much shit. You're not capable of stringing three words together to actually formulate a thought.

Kenobi was a mediocre show at best suffering from Terrible writing and low production values.

It really missed a opportunity in slow revealing at the end that Revas last name is Windu, and was saved by her Uncle Mace, trained as a infiltrator by him and had a Appearance by Sam Jackson at the end who comes fir her to heal her.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    KK is in charge now, she made the force female and wants to stick it to the guys (apparently she never realised that it wasn't male to begin with), there is a lot of what she is doing here going on high profile IPs.
    It’s sad that people still believe this crud, “the force is female” was a Nike marketing campaign for there force shoes it never had any thing to do with starwars and the only reason KK was involved was because they had a film expo about woman who worked in the industry to sell there shoes.

You people need to move on from this baseless nonesense.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Kenobi was a mediocre show at best suffering from Terrible writing and low production values.

It really missed a opportunity in slow revealing at the end that Revas last name is Windu, and was saved by her Uncle Mace, trained as a infiltrator by him and had a Appearance by Sam Jackson at the end who comes fir her to heal her.
    I'm really fucking glad that you don't write for the show. 'Everyone is related!'

7+ Year Old Account

I love the new Star Wars shows. And the Sequel Trilogy isn't bad because the force is female, but because they literally re-hashed Episode IV for VII and wasted Snoke, Luke and Leia in the following movies. Well to be fair, IX was actually miles better than the other 2, but just because of Palpatine.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    It’s sad that people still believe this crud, “the force is female” was a Nike marketing campaign for there force shoes it never had any thing to do with starwars and the only reason KK was involved was because they had a film expo about woman who worked in the industry to sell there shoes.

You people need to move on from this baseless nonesense.
    Nooooooo!!!! sHe's ReWrItInG mUh StAr WaRsSzzz!!! SHe HaTeS mEnZ!!!!111

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    This show proves its possible to make good star wars stuff. I wish they'd retcon episode 4, 5 and 6 so we could actually get some good Star wars content again now that this show is over. It's quite evident they wasted all these good characters in the first movies.
    They can do shows set during this era for years to come - no need to retcon old stuff. I actually enjoyed how Obi-Wan Kenobi repaired the lore fuckups from A New Hope!

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    I love the new Star Wars shows. And the Sequel Trilogy isn't bad because the force is female, but because they literally re-hashed Episode IV for VII and wasted Snoke, Luke and Leia in the following movies. Well to be fair, IX was actually miles better than the other 2, but just because of Palpatine.
    Well, it isn't bad because the force is female , nor is it bad because Kathleen Kennedy is writing her own vision of it..

It's bad because how it's written is bad. While the force doesn't need to be female ofc, and they don't need to hash the gender ideology going around in social politics, the reason I'm criticising it is because I think it is the root cause behind why a lot of their writing is bad, and I also don't like the ideology, but I wouldn't have brought it up if the show was good, or it would have been a side note of the few things I didn't like - but then when you follow such rules, everything is going to be bad, (because you're basically rubbishing an entire sex - I suspect this is how she feels women were portrayed before, which is just crazy). Well, it is possible it may not just be the ideology - those writers could just not be up to writing something that appeals well to most people in the world, something that the pre-Disney era direction seemed to manage a lot better.

At the end of the day, this show is just badly written and a lot of other aspects were poor - felt sloppy, made no sense, and low quality work for an industry leading IP - off course people are going to be disappointed - they expect more from this, much more. And so is much of what I've seen in star wars lately. Saying that, I liked the sequels, despite their plot changes, holes and everything, I thought the Last Jedi was quite good, but I despised the direction they took (which is rehashing and gender swapping episode 4-6 , I've seen it all before, so while it was nice to watch, didn't capture my imagination nor thrill me, nor was I inclined to watch again, like the original or prequels or the clone wars cartoons did and even Rebels were. The worse thing about the sequels was the messaging - you get the feeling of a gender swap and killing off all the male heroes. I thought why do something so stupid it undermines everything the story was telling up to that point - then I realised, she wants to kill of the men and replace them. This is more important than the integrity of the entire IP, doesn't care that the story was about this man, he is a man, she didn't like that, he had to go, so she scrapped the EU, made it unofficial, and essentially set to re-writing Luke's story with Rey, and off course all his work which is the entire point of all of Star wars up to that point has to count for nothing. This is why his fate is completely changed.. you see the movie story was well written, but doing this was the dumbest thing ever and a terrible mistake - so despite how well it was written, you've basically just undermined everything everything about star wars was about, and literally repeated episode 4-6, why? To change the heroes so you could gender swap. Because you wanted a girl to be a hero. And now in Obi-wan, the re-write continues, the implications of the story now frames Leia as the central character, as the sequels portray, - complete self sabotage. But she's playing out her fantasy, so she things it's a wonderful think, except many of us do not agree at all, and because of this she has ruined Star Wars - well not ruined it totally, it's just no longer was - this is not the Star wars everyone loved. I'm sure a few people love it, but it's not the same. It's a shadow of what it was

So, the force being female is not the problem I have with it - it's that it's bad. I don't think the female mantra is good for such a show, not because having female positive shows is bad, but because that's not what star wars is, star wars isn't a show made for girls alone and pushing ultra feminist ideals or socio political agendas of that sort - so obviously it comes off as disingenuous and is the more insidious aspect of it, it's just that the writing itself is quite poor even for me, and I don't have very high standards trust.

I really like Star Trek discovery, I didn't think WandaVision was bad, even though i Just lost respect for it after they wrote her to do such things and then tried to paint her a hero. - that's not a criticism against females, it's a criticism against presenting evil as good.

Saying all this, I don't think Kathleen's vision for Star Wars is good, at all, the changes from episode 7 onwards just don't work. It is a re-write. and one that's ot as good as the original at all, doesn't flow organically either because it doesn't fit. NOw for Star Trek, I actually like Discovery, there again it's now the Federation is female, but I'm totally down with what they've shown, because of how they've done it, and I know others don't like it for various reasons - biggest criticism is that it feels more star wars than star trek, but I loved it.

All the cool and fun ouis stripped out of Star Wars currently, and non of what they are doing makes any sense, - go through the episodes, even trying to just turn a blind eye becomes impossible, stupid things happen all the time, visually, script wise, animation wise - and while there is a lot of good stuff, the bad is bad enough to stand out terribly.

A lot of people put a lot of hard work into it, but it is clear that some people di not, or if they did, sorry they don't have the talent for it. however I blame the direction the head is steering it. It's the head that is making all the female characters mary sue's, can't do no wrong, and all the male characters terrible, changing or recasting everything that came before.. which to me is shooting yourself in the foot.

you think you're re-writing, but you're just killing it. She has no idea what she is doing. She's drunk on her own power and setting in flames this immense cash cow - watching it burn and thinking it's amazing because of the pretty lights not realising, that burning it is destroying it.
    Last edited by Mace; 2022-06-23 at 02:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Not saying it makes perfect sense. Also, not really, betrayal is part of being a Sith/Dark Sider. You expect underlings to betray you. You don't expect them to turn back to the light side.
    I really don't know why this is confusing to people.

The Sith "rule of two" nonsense is, explicitly stated, that one master will train one apprentice, until that apprentice gains enough strength to kill their master and take their place. Betrayal is baked in. The difference between Trillia and Reva is that Reva was at risk from Vader twice; the first time when she lost Kenobi, and the second in that fight scene in Episode 5. In the first, she presented a new opportunity and enough foresight that Vader chose to give her another chance; Kenobi was still being chased. In the second, Reva having the balls to try and kill Vader was a good thing to Vader; he saw it coming but it showed she was tapping into her fear and anger and had the guts to try and take him out (the Grand Inquisitor, you'll note, does not; he's just a pathetic lapdog). Now, Inquisitors aren't proper Sith, ideologically, but this is the kind of moment that could make Vader see Reva as having potential beyond just being an Inquisitor.

Which is why he stabbed her non-fatally and cast her out. Because either she's able to tap into her hate enough to rise in power enough to come after him again, at which point he can try and force her to submit as an apprentice proper, or she'll fail to do so and he won't have to waste the time and effort. He left her alive because she had potential. Trillia was killed because she showed weakness and empathy. Reva's break with the Dark Side came after this moment. The scene with Obi-Wan through the door doesn't represent a shift away from Sith views; she's still feeding her anger and hatred, she just sees Obi-Wan as a useful tool to act on those emotions.

Reva trying to kill Vader is probably the only reason she survived; Vader clearly brought the Grand Inquisitor along to take the position back if she failed him a second time. He's probably just have killed her, except she tried to use the situation to off him, and that's both amusing and shows potential, hence the non-fatal stabbing and the opportunity to overcome.

Star Wars junky to begin with, but it did have a sense to it and a timeless one too. Timeless story.. one of it's biggest appeals, plus the high qulaity of i'ts art work, technology for cinema etc - amongst it's another faults, you wanted new owners to improve on it, not worsen it.. how can you make it worse?

Bad and incompetent management from the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    I'm really fucking glad that you don't write for the show. 'Everyone is related!'
    News flash it's like that already. Everyone is either a Skywalker or directly tied to them.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam