Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    animation will not make them not boring lmao
    cool > rules

What would be some examples of non-boring passives? I guess Lava Surge would be an example for ele shamans. I can't think of many others though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nahrees View Post
    What would be some examples of non-boring passives? I guess Lava Surge would be an example for ele shamans. I can't think of many others though.
    For existing examples just look through all the tier sets. Obviously the ratio of boring:exciting is kinda dismal, but fun ones exist. It's also not that hard to think of your own.

Fury of Ice (I'm not very original): Your periodic Flame Shock damage has a chance to activate Icefury with 2 charges.

This allows the use of Frost Shock and, depending on strength, could open up builds that don't take Icefury and take Primal Elementalist instead, unlocking another active ability to press. Or, if you still want to take Icefury, the proc would just add 2 more charges. Either way it's a passive that changes your rotation.

I don't...well...I don't actually trust Blizzard to give us non-boring passives, I'm just saying that passives aren't always boring.

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    For existing examples just look through all the tier sets. Obviously the ratio of boring:exciting is kinda dismal, but fun ones exist. It's also not that hard to think of your own.

Fury of Ice (I'm not very original): Your periodic Flame Shock damage has a chance to activate Icefury with 2 charges.

This allows the use of Frost Shock and, depending on strength, could open up builds that don't take Icefury and take Primal Elementalist instead, unlocking another active ability to press. Or, if you still want to take Icefury, the proc would just add 2 more charges. Either way it's a passive that changes your rotation.

I don't...well...I don't actually trust Blizzard to give us non-boring passives, I'm just saying that passives aren't always boring.
    That would be a cool passive. Gives ele more mobility on top of it. I should probably mention that I think a lot of the passive abilities are going to coming from Soulbinds more so than Covenants.

I would like a passive that would make Earthquake spawn a volcano whenever you Lava Burst a target affected by Earthquake. Gives us a reason to press the button on Surge procs whenever we don't have Master of the Elements talented.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nahrees View Post
    I would like a passive that would make Earthquake spawn a volcano whenever you Lava Burst a target affected by Earthquake. Gives us a reason to press the button on Surge procs whenever we don't have Master of the Elements talented.
    Or how about a passive that lets us spend Lava Surge procs on Earthquake instead of Lava Burst?

Volcano: Lava Surge empowers your next Earthquake ability, causing it to spew molten lava, dealing [x] fire damage to enemies caught inside the Earthquake. Casting Earthquake consumes Lava Surge.

Gives us a reason to spread Flame Shocks even during heavy AoE, making AoE pulls less mindless, and it would just be cool as hell to spew lava everywhere. Both versions sound fun to me and further show how much fun passives can be. Unfortunately we usually just get "increases damage by x" passives.

Oh I would also love for flameshock to lose its cd.

The Night Fae ability could be something like this:
    Totem of Balance 1 min cd
    Place a totem at the target location for a period of time. Enemies dying near the totem will grant you Maelstrom, Mana and attack speed for a short time. If you are killed near the totem, then nearby allies are healed for a portion of your maximum health.
    And the Necro Lords one maybe:
    Siphoning Touch 3 min cd
    Siphon the target's essence dealing x Shadow damage over 6 seconds and healing you for a portion of the damage done. Lava Burst and Stormstrike extend the duration by 1 second. When Siphoning Touch expires, you gain x% versatility for a short period plus y% for each time Siphoning Touch was extended. While Astral Shift is active, all nearby allies will also benefit from this effect.
    Last edited by whyabadi; 2020-04-07 at 03:28 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by whyabadi View Post
    The Night Fae ability could be something like this:
    Totem of Balance 1 min cd
    Place a totem at the target location for a period of time. Enemies dying near the totem will grant you Maelstrom, Mana and attack speed for a short time. If you are killed near the totem, then nearby allies are healed for a portion of your maximum health.
    change it to:

"Place a totem at the target location for a period of time. Enemies taking dmg near the totem will grant you Mana, cast speed and attack speed for a short time. If you get hit near the totem, then you and nearby allies are healed for a portion of your maximum health."

and that would be actually useful although druid abilities look 100x better at this point anyway

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"