Page 1 of 3
LastLast

I regret prepurchasing SL

So... this is painful.

I remember when Ion announced the patch 8.3, I couldn't contain my hype, so much potential...

... wasted.

If you compare 8.3 with last patch of Legion, I'm pretty sure you can feel something dying inside you. As I felt.

Long story short, my sub ended on December. I shrugged and said "well, will pre-purchase Shadowlands middle tier and then I would resub when 8.3 drops+I will have a 120 token to use on a Vulpera"

And basically the only fun I had so far is when I logged in with my Vulpera, so I kind of regret using the 120 token.

Manly because I suppose I can't refund now. I really want to have a refund, I regret it so much...

Blizzard failed me again. 8.3 feels empty, shallow, classes are still boring, story wasnt only bad, but cringeworthy as hell (I feel like I died from cringe when Anduin punched Wrathion, it felt ridiculous and completely OoC).

And last cinematic? I hoped encripted content would reveal some kind of amazing ending to nothing less than an OLD GOD. I expected nothing and I still was dissapointed. Compare it to Sargeras impaling Azeroth.

This has killed the little bit of hopes I had for Shadowlands and the franchise as whole. Now I have a lame future expansion purchased and 21 days of sub I dont know what to do with. Guess leveling another char? But with 9.0 changing leveling, isnt really worth. Perhaps leveling another DK? But honestly, I was greatly dissapointed with the DK allied races start... I expected more. I expected...crownless Bolvar.

So... anyone has even tried to refund a pre-expansion purchase? I'm asking for a friend, you know... I even willing to give away the Vulpera I spent my token on as long as I can get it.

15+ Year Old Account
    This forum isn't a blog.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarletKnives View Post
    So... anyone has even tried to refund a pre-expansion purchase? I'm asking for a friend, you know... I even willing to give away the Vulpera I spent my token on as long as I can get it.
    Lots of people have prepurchased expansions over the years, based on loose rumours and empty promises made at Blizzcon. Lots of people have regretted that and got their expansions refunded. Because of that, Blizz has taken several steps to make sure you can NOT refund if you do this or that thing. You have done at least one of those things. Do not expect a refund. And learn from your mistake. Never, ever, prepurchase a game, expansion or DLC, if you have even the tiniest doubt based on past experiences that the product will not be as good as you expect.

Well if push comes to shove you can probably request a chargeback from your bank, however doing this will terminate your account as far as I know since you are breaching your "contract" with Blizzard by forcing a chargeback on a non refundable service.

I don't regret it, because I'm not the sort of wally who pre-orders digital games...

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    Well if push comes to shove you can probably request a chargeback from your bank, however doing this will terminate your account as far as I know since you are breaching your "contract" with Blizzard by forcing a chargeback on a non refundable service.
    It also would be credit card fraud. It's not like Blizzard will pursue legal action over some measly bucks but still.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Old Gods never lasted that long. C'thun died after he was fixed, Yog died same patch he was out... They aren't as much uber bosses as they are harbingers working behind the scenes. Confronting them is not the sum total of their essence, and N´zoth was the weakest one, so...eh? What irked me about it was the end cutscene, fuck me that was bad.

so you regret purchasing the game thats not released bcs of patch that have basicaly nothing to do with it?
    i mean you are entitled to your opinions based on whatever, but it seems you are bit impulsive and easily swayed, so my advice to you: dont preorder untill you see gameplay of the game, or dont preorder at all

and next time, cut the post by 90%, this is not a blog, whole post could be sumarised:
    "Can i get a refund for pre-purchase of shadowlands?"
    that might actualy give you answer you are looking for instead of people complaining about 8.3 or shadowlands

Why are you pre-ordering something that will NEVER be scarce? Some BS hype machine Fomo string pulling?
    READ and be less Ignorant.

You fell for the hype scam and gave Activision money not once, but twice in a row.

Exactly what Activision wanted.

You'll continue to make the same mistake in shadowlands every patch, too.

Only stupid people preorder stuff.

So... this is painful.

I remember when Ion announced the patch 8.3, I couldn't contain my hype, so much potential...

... wasted.

If you compare 8.3 with last patch of Legion, I'm pretty sure you can feel something dying inside you. As I felt.

Long story short, my sub ended on December. I shrugged and said "well, will pre-purchase Shadowlands middle tier and then I would resub when 8.3 drops+I will have a 120 token to use on a Vulpera"

And basically the only fun I had so far is when I logged in with my Vulpera, so I kind of regret using the 120 token.

Manly because I suppose I can't refund now. I really want to have a refund, I regret it so much...

Blizzard failed me again. 8.3 feels empty, shallow, classes are still boring, story wasnt only bad, but cringeworthy as hell (I feel like I died from cringe when Anduin punched Wrathion, it felt ridiculous and completely OoC).

And last cinematic? I hoped encripted content would reveal some kind of amazing ending to nothing less than an OLD GOD. I expected nothing and I still was dissapointed. Compare it to Sargeras impaling Azeroth.

This has killed the little bit of hopes I had for Shadowlands and the franchise as whole. Now I have a lame future expansion purchased and 21 days of sub I dont know what to do with. Guess leveling another char? But with 9.0 changing leveling, isnt really worth. Perhaps leveling another DK? But honestly, I was greatly dissapointed with the DK allied races start... I expected more. I expected...crownless Bolvar.

So you took a blind jump and now try to collect pity from MMOC?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    So... this is painful.
    are you signed up for the beta? you could at least wait to see what SL is actually like before abandoning it

I think if there was any correlation between last patches and the following expansion it's: the worse the last patch, the better the expansion. So by this logic, you should be super psyched you preordered shadowlands. Or in other words: we currently have no idea what shadowlands will be like and 8.3 should not make you upset about 9.0. The 9.0 beta should do that.

Wrathion got punched was there to introduce the idea of Nzoth corrupting us, making even Anduin violent, btw.
    And condeming a patch, because of a boring cutszene seems weird.
    But I guess everyone can set their own priorities.

Oh and you should never preorder something out of hype. Wait for Beta. Always.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    are you signed up for the beta? you could at least wait to see what SL is actually like before abandoning it
    Yeah.

Honestly, Im clinging to the pattern that after a bad expansion, a good one comes, but current dev team gives me 0 confidence.

Well leveling will for sure be fixed on SL so thats a good point, if they could ony fix classes, then that would be a completely different story.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't see how ANYONE could've had ANY faith in Blizzard AT ALL following Blizzcon 2018. I completely dropped the company at that point, uninstalled everything, and walked away for good. Anyone that preordered Shadowlands got conned, because Blizzard is great at marketing to suckers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Why are you pre-ordering something that will NEVER be scarce? Some BS hype machine Fomo string pulling?
    If, and it's a big if, I were to preorder Shadowlands, it's because I want to get my pandaren, dark iron, and mag'har death knights up and running as soon as possible. Beyond that there's not really anything you miss out on by not preordering that won't be released in a bundle later, if MoP, Legion, and BFA are any indication. There's no real reason to preorder right now unless you simply must have your pandaren/allied race Death Knights sooner than later, so I'm perfectly comfortable waiting to see how beta/prepatch pan out on the gameplay front and see how Blizz approaches their self-admitted overzealous attempts at pruning and streamlining spec identity.

- - - Updated - - -

Well leveling will for sure be fixed on SL so thats a good point, if they could ony fix classes, then that would be a completely different story.
    Honestly, the biggest thing I'm looking forward to with (I assume) 9.0 prepatch is the leveling changes. I assume because, typically, major systems changes are pushed through in the prepatch to give players time to adjust to said systems, and the leveling update would give players something to pursue during the content lull in tandem with Classic access. Personally, I'm loving the concept of being able to level up 1-50 in Pandaria, Northrend, or Outland.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    You can get a refund if you didn't use any of the pre-order bonuses. So no allied-race DK's, or using the boost, or anything like that.

Also, don't pre order

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    You can get a refund if you didn't use any of the pre-order bonuses. So no allied-race DK's, or using the boost, or anything like that.

Also, don't pre order
    This is false. I used both the boost and unlocked the armor transmog. I got a refund because the illusion was bugged for so long until they finally "fixed" it with 8.3. I just don't have access to my boosted character unless I buy a boost. I still have the transmog and am able to use it. Because it is a preorder Blizzard HAS to offer refunds to anyone. Here is what they sent me "In this case, we are able to get an exception to refund your order as it is within our refund policy as this is still a preorder." Get a refund OP.