Poll: Who was the best final boss of an expansion?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Who was the best final boss of an expansion?

Few lore characters get the distinction of being the final boss of an expansion. Some were clear from the onset, while others were kept a mystery, and some were even head scratchers, but who was your favorite all-around best final boss of an expansion, both from gameplay and lore?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Kinda obviously Arthas will win the poll. But imo Argus is close second, length, mechanics, boss room were perfect, only problem was... it wasn't Sargeras. They could make him stab Azeroth first, then be sucked by titan's beam, so we would fight him personally in avatar form.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Kinda obviously Arthas will win the poll. But imo Argus is close second, length, mechanics, boss room were perfect, only problem was... it wasn't Sargeras. They could make him stab Azeroth first, then be sucked by titan's beam, so we would fight him personally in avatar form.
    That should have happened. Would have been epic beating him back into the throne with Illidan taking over as his warden.

Lich King and Garrosh are the best ones. Voted Garrosh because I knew everyone else would go Lich King anyway.
    Whatever...

10+ Year Old Account
    Halion...

... I kid, I kid... Lich King for me.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Returning to my own capital city to overthrow a Nazi dictator and the anti-thesis of the honorable Horde I signed up for was the most exciting raid I've experienced in the whole game.

There's no answer other than the Lich King. He had a proper story arc that felt grounded and relatable, a good guy that turned evil because of a series of unfortunate events. Killing him actually saddened me which I don't often feel for a video game character. He integraded well with the player characters aswell, wanting them to have the same journey that Arthas had and eventually fall into his service at the end. There has been so much build up that it is hard not to vote him. Compared to N'zoth who gets ditched in a single patch is just insulting.

Blizzard rarely does villains well but Arthas wil stand out as one of their best or even the best by far.

Is that even a question? Hail to the King!

Last edited by muto; 2020-01-25 at 05:20 PM.

Arthas. No question in my opinion.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

15+ Year Old Account
    The Lich King. Garrosh is second imo, but it’s a distant 2nd.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Arthas>>>>Argus>Garrosh in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Siraeyou View Post
    Arthas>>>>Argus>Garrosh in my opinion
    I have to second that.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

The Lich King, then Garrosh. Any other answer is simply wrong.

Hell yeah, brothers! Back when WoW was actually good.
    Last edited by Ulfric Trumpcloak; 2020-01-25 at 08:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Lich King and Garrosh are the best ones. Voted Garrosh because I knew everyone else would go Lich King anyway.
    Same. Whole SoO was a great raid.
    Last great WoW expansion that is worth to be named great was Mists of Pandaria.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

People voting Argus are either trolling or are only voting for him cause he was their first ever end game boss kill in LFR

I'm surprised Argus has more votes than Kil'jaeden, are there so few Burning Crusade players left?

For me it's between the Lich King and Argus. Both of them were just complete badass who managed to actually kill the players (with Argus having enough power to annihilate all life in the universe, making him the most powerful enemy players have ever faced in the history of the game). I guess Arthas takes a small edge here over Argus simply because I am nostalgic of Warcraft III though. However, as far as design is concerned, I think Argus looks a lot cooler.

Regardless, both of them died at a turning point in Warcraft's history. Arthas' death represented the end of the WC3 era, and indeed with Cataclysm Azeroth entered a new age. Argus' death represented the end of the Legion saga, which was the ovearching storyline of Warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I'm surprised Argus has more votes than Kil'jaeden, are there so few Burning Crusade players left?
    Sunwell was tacked on after Black Temple with Illidan who was the enemy on the damn box and all schemes in outland. While argus was equally surprising, it was a titan and I just loved the mythic version of the fight, it was also lore significant as it has utterly crippled the burning legion by taking away their most important asset. Garrosh was a roided orc.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Arthas is the only real answer.

Also, why is N'Zoth even on the poll? LOL
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

So many people predictably voting Arthas/Lich King...

... when he wasn't even the final raid boss of his expansion.

I call for his disqualification from the poll.