Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    He got the information as to why he was banned in the email, he was looking for more info which the support can't give.

He did something wrong that affects mine and your gameplay why would you give him any sympathy whatsoever.
    Because he is probably the guy in the secretly looking for sympathy/support.

Quote Originally Posted by Daara View Post
    99% of bans are probably legitimate. We see it time and time again when botting ban waves go out..."but i didn't bot!" Blizzard has always had some of the best customer service.
    That's a big fucking joke right there. Their service has gotten terrible in the past few years, considering their shit canned a huge chunk of people on the CS team. I doubt you've had the pleasure of dealing with it recently.

Pretty sure Daish and Varyag were banned for no reasons too

You three should go on a class action

I doubt he'd cheating considering he's played since Beta. The issue is the automation of their customer support, There is rarely a human on the other side and even then, it's farmed out to India or the like and they can barely understand your issue.

VPN's have been a huge issue with these ban waves and will continue to be unless money is invested into properly identifying cheating. He uses that VPN for work (Encase none of you actually watch their videos or even know what he does). This thread is just filled with a bunch of misinformed people who will always back the scummy business full of automated support. Honestly, This world is fuck with the amount of corporate brown nosing from people who have no horse in the race.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    That's a big fucking joke right there. Their service has gotten terrible in the past few years, considering their shit canned a huge chunk of people on the CS team. I doubt you've had the pleasure of dealing with it recently.
    If anything that would make their customer support all the better in my opinion. How do you react when a shit ton of your coworkers get fired? You become the best possible worker you can be to avoid the same fate....
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Like yeah, at the end of the day we are wilfully choosing to enter an unequal partnership here, and our only recourse if we don't like it is.. walk away.
    Except business will continue this way until this idiotic libertarian mindset...walks away. The US is so royally fucked by business and yet they ask for more time and again. It's sad and funny.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    Exactly. They literally email you the reason for the ban. This video is just dishonest "I swear I don't know what I did wrong!" nonsense.
    Not quite... They give you a non-specific reason like "third party software" (the reason they gave him), nothing specific, so for all we know warden false flagged some completely irrelevant program that wasn't actually doing anything wrong. Knowing what I know of this guy, he doesn't seem like the cheating or botting type, so I'm willing to believe him over Blizzard's customer support who, in my last interaction with them, required me cycling through 5 different representatives over the course of 3 weeks to get my ticket resolved.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2020-01-25 at 11:53 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugs View Post
    It sounds a lot like Blizzard fanboyism to automatically assume that they did the right thing, without feeling the need to find out what and why.
    If it's false-positive, then it means that Blizzard can do whatever the fuck they want and just write a standard email to cover their ass.
    Sounds like Whoever that is Fanboyism to automaticly assume he is Innocent.

The Email stated apparently he had 3rd Party Tools active, that may or may not been used to Cheat, or do other stuff that is against the ToS. As others said, he aparrently is a Tech Guy and has probably alot of suspicious Tools on his PC. But as a Tech Guy he should know better.

You cant complain about Customer Support that they do not tell you how exactly you Cheated, or how Exactly they think you Cheated. Because that way they basically tell Cheaters: "Hey, thats how we find you".

If you play normally, on a normal PC, without Software that is intendet to mess with other Programms, you most likely dont get into that Situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    If anything that would make their customer support all the better in my opinion. How do you react when a shit ton of your coworkers get fired? You become the best possible worker you can be to avoid the same fate....
    Sometimes being the best worker you can be just means hitting your projected work output (IE: number of tickets completed per day), even if it's not to the satisfaction of the customers... In the time it takes them to delve into a potential false positive case they could complete several more tickets.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2020-01-25 at 11:57 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    False bans are a thing, but customer service is generally going to treat you like you did commit the offense, because most of the time that is the case.
    Also, if you already Appealed the Bann, and then open more Tickets, thats just Harassing the Support.

Seems like they found a flaw in the system that isn't guarded that well. I would retrace your actions and post them on 4chan and see if anyone there could figure it out. Would also mention any programs running in the background. Seeing that blizz is to lazy to explain things. Seek the help of others.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    Exactly. They literally email you the reason for the ban. This video is just dishonest "I swear I don't know what I did wrong!" nonsense.
    Not defending this luke dude, don't even know, nor care who he is. But the email you get sent is pretty shit. In mop i was wrongfully perm banned. Called blizzard support and had my account back in less than 40 min. The email i was sent said "Exploited the economy" Nothing more. Not very specific

In this case tho. He contacted support, support told him they can't say anything else because they have guidelines to follow, This has nothing to do with customer support being shit. They are litteraly just doing their job

Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    Also, if you already Appealed the Bann, and then open more Tickets, thats just Harassing the Support.
    I mean, if you were actually unjustly banned though opening more tickets is your only means of recourse

I mean, if you were actually unjustly banned though opening more tickets is your only means of recourse
    But it doesnt get you anywhere. You Appeal, they Review (Or not if you ask some people), and then Case Closed. Any more Tickets are just a waste of time.

10+ Year Old Account
    But it doesnt get you anywhere. You Appeal, they Review (Or not if you ask some people), and then Case Closed. Any more Tickets are just a waste of time.
    You start over, or you move on and start new somewhere else.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    I'm willing to give Luke the benefit of the doubt, because he doesn't seem like the kind of person who would cheat. I'm willing to bet this is a false positive situation.
    He got a 6 month ban so its surely NOT a false positiv. No way in hell he get 6 month as a first offender you make him out to be.

Depending on the company it can. Sometimes they'll unban you just to get you to stop.

Depending on the company it can. Sometimes they'll unban you just to get you to stop.
    That case would not speak well for the Support in my Opinion.

This seems like a shitty situation but playing Devil's Advocate here it seems like he wanted to get the GM to disclose information he simply wasn't allowed to disclose. Maybe there were other ways for the GM to communicate this but this is likely one of the most common reasons players contact GMs and they're likely trained to shut down attempts to gather information since (like the GM said) disclosing the exact reason a ban was instated can help players figure out how to circumvent their detection methods.

Yeah blizzards ban policy is kind of dumb, alot of it is automated, and i think they make money off this ban policy because the amount of people i see who get banned in ow and buy 3-5 accounts is alot, and its because they get banned for normal comp game banter lke nothing really offensive or bad.