Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Them trying to say their systems are infallible and denying legit appeals doesn't speak well for them either.
    But is it a "Legit Appeal"?

    Do you know that? I Dont. If you do, I´d like to have some Proof.
    If he´s been Running a software in the Background that can be used to Manipulate the game the Ban is legit.

    If you are in a job that requires that software, dont play on your work PC.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    In terms of bans they use this phony logic of "we can't tell you because it would danger the security of other players" which is just fancy PR for we're actually attaching spyware to the games you download.
    Thats common, every game that has decent Anti-Cheat software scans your Running Processes while you play.

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    It's anecdotal, but I've had a friend get a false positive overturned.

    I don't think it was a Warden trip, but the guy did nothing but farm from like 11 pm til 7 am. He worked at a ski lodge and most of the time nothing was happening so he would just farm, internet wasn't good enough to do anything else and he could get called away at any time.

    Would look suspicious specially since when you get into farming grooves you often just follow the same path.
    Interesting - and it did get overturned?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Savant View Post
    I have been banned for no reason
    No, no you weren't.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Idk 6 months, but I was banned two months during Legion because stupid Warden thought that the PlayOnLinux app was botting software or something. I had to poke them for twice as long in order to get my game time reimbursed - which they eventually did.

    Therefore, acting all self righteous, as if false positives were never a thing, is quite ignorant and/or disingenuous.
    Got overturned though didn't it? So Blizzard clearly knew they made a mistake, that's not what I asked

    You can't find anyone who got a proper ban for NO reason and didn't get it overturned

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Interesting - and it did get overturned?

    - - - Updated - - -


    No, no you weren't.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Got overturned though didn't it? So Blizzard clearly knew they made a mistake, that's not what I asked

    You can't find anyone who got a proper ban for NO reason and didn't get it overturned
    I was bro.......

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    Those morons are always trying idiotic things - remember how they set up a watercooled server, and then put it in a rack... Above a bunch of mission-critical servers and storage? And remember whole-room water cooling? What a waste of time that was. So it's no surprise to me that they had something running that triggered this. Could it be a false positive? Sure. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't.

    But here's the facts: any company can ban you from their establishment for any reason they want, so long as it does not violate the law in doing so. You are a guest in their establishment, whether it be building, online forum or game, vehicle, whatever. And if they decide to do so, once they have told you you're no longer welcome, they do not have to spend one second explaining anything more or elaborating on anything or giving you any more information than they are prepared to give you. Period. I don't care who you are. If a company says you're done, you're done.
    Jesus this forum sometimes...Damn. Dude, their a company, and one of the biggest on youtube - Of course they do projects thats entertaining, but you obviously dont understand fun or how youtube works ^^

    Also, hes a casual player in wow, still dont know why he got banned, through I think it was an automated ban due to VPN that he didnt turn off when playing games.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO
    NZXT H440 - Asus Z97 A Mobo - Corsair RM 850 - Intel I5 4590 CPU - Evo TX3 Cooler Master - Asus 970 Strix - 250GB SSD 850 Evo - Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD - Windows 10

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by Savant View Post
    I was bro.......
    Source: Bro just trust me

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    But is it a "Legit Appeal"?

    Do you know that? I Dont. If you do, I´d like to have some Proof.
    If he´s been Running a software in the Background that can be used to Manipulate the game the Ban is legit.

    If you are in a job that requires that software, dont play on your work PC.
    Oh, I have no idea in this situation, but there is others, not every single ban is legit, just most of them.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Interesting - and it did get overturned?
    Yea, not on the first ticket though, he had to explain a couple of times, took like a week. But this was back when they used to perma instead of 6 month

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugs View Post
    It sounds a lot like Blizzard fanboyism to automatically assume that they did the right thing, without feeling the need to find out what and why.
    If it's false-positive, then it means that Blizzard can do whatever the fuck they want and just write a standard email to cover their ass.
    You should read the rules you agree to once in a while maby?

    You pay a subscription to acess the servers that blizzard owns, They can terminate your acess for any reason at any time.

    (Yes it says that in the rules, so again.. read what you agree to)

  8. #88
    Old God Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Langley, London, Undisclosed Locations
    Posts
    10,609
    Quote Originally Posted by Savant View Post
    I was bro.......
    The reason you were banned was in the email you got... Not agreeing with their reason doesn't mean the reason didn't exist.

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    The reason you were banned was in the email you got... Not agreeing with their reason doesn't mean the reason didn't exist.
    Didn't get the email bro...

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    Thats common, every game that has decent Anti-Cheat software scans your Running Processes while you play.
    I'm aware, I'm just explaining to him why they use that terminology to explain why they won't tell you exact methods/specifics as to why they banned you because it would induce security breachable data.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

    Zyky is better than you.

  11. #91
    The Undying Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    31,955
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugs View Post
    I just saw this on YouTube and if this is the standard of Blizzard's customer service or lack thereof, then I hope I'll never need them. How is it possible not to get any information on the reason you were banned?
    https://youtu.be/cxjhTVR_dJw?t=3376
    Still not the worst experience I've had. SWTOR and EA, in general, have been much worse.

    As well, he is misunderstanding his suspension. As well, common for Blizzard to not discuss bans and suspensions further. And if he claims to not have gotten the mail, he can request it once more.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    Roses are red, mana is blue. Suramar Guards, Will always find you!

  12. #92
    Old God Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Langley, London, Undisclosed Locations
    Posts
    10,609
    Quote Originally Posted by Savant View Post
    Didn't get the email bro...
    Try checking the email address you gave to Blizzard.

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

  13. #93
    A lot of people defending Blizzard CS here.. probably a sign of a poor product if everyone on a well informed fan site that is very familiar with the game has to contact them so much to know the companies outstanding CS.

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    A lot of people defending Blizzard CS here.. probably a sign of a poor product if everyone on a well informed fan site that is very familiar with the game has to contact them so much to know the companies outstanding CS.
    Good CS means a bad product? Well every business I have dealings with must have a bad product. Its called life, not everything works in perfect harmony 24 hours a day, 7 days a year.

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by americandavey View Post
    Good CS means a bad product? Well every business I have dealings with must have a bad product. Its called life, not everything works in perfect harmony 24 hours a day, 7 days a year.
    Funny. I never seem to have to call CS ever.. I guess some people have trouble with the square peg and round hole thing... to each there own..

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugs View Post
    I just saw this on YouTube and if this is the standard of Blizzard's customer service or lack thereof, then I hope I'll never need them. How is it possible not to get any information on the reason you were banned?
    https://youtu.be/cxjhTVR_dJw?t=3376
    you could have just typed it for us to read, but no, you instead link a youtube vid. no thank you, I'll put as much effort into trying understand your argument, as you put into explaining it.

  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugs View Post
    I just saw this on YouTube and if this is the standard of Blizzard's customer service or lack thereof, then I hope I'll never need them. How is it possible not to get any information on the reason you were banned?
    https://youtu.be/cxjhTVR_dJw?t=3376

    Some random Youtube guy got busted for hacking?

    Sounds like customer service didn't waste time on cheaters. Well done Blizz!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •