Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Getting real close to a facebook game

Has it not bothered how World of warcraft is coming closer and closer to a facebook game everyday? There are just way too many features that are designed to keep you subscribed.

Lets start with loot. Removed PvE and PvP vendors so you have no reliable way of earning loot. That combined with titan forging forces you to rerun the same shit over and over again.

Not having flying at launch is there to make it so everything takes so much longer, and the path finder on top of that is a TIME GATED achievement.

Time gates in general. Done your weekly caps? Might aswell log off. Done your emmisaries? Literallt impossible to earn additional reputation. We had tabards and justice points before so even after doing everything and getting locked out you could STILL do something productive

Allied races too. The entire system is there to make you use even more time because you have to do last expansions stuff thats timegated aswell

I cant be the only one seeing this. They arent making a fun game anymore, they are making a game thats designed go earn as much money as possible by making everything take forever to do so you stay subscribed
    An'u belore delen'na

It's been a facebook game since 2014's Mission Tables of Draenor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Indres View Post
    Has it not bothered how World of warcraft is coming closer and closer to a facebook game everyday? There are just way too many features that are designed to keep you subscribed.

Lets start with loot. Removed PvE and PvP vendors so you have no reliable way of earning loot. That combined with titan forging forces you to rerun the same shit over and over again.

Not having flying at launch is there to make it so everything takes so much longer, and the path finder on top of that is a TIME GATED achievement.

Time gates in general. Done your weekly caps? Might aswell log off. Done your emmisaries? Literallt impossible to earn additional reputation. We had tabards and justice points before so even after doing everything and getting locked out you could STILL do something productive

Allied races too. The entire system is there to make you use even more time because you have to do last expansions stuff thats timegated aswell

I cant be the only one seeing this. They arent making a fun game anymore, they are making a game thats designed go earn as much money as possible by making everything take forever to do so you stay subscribed

So, what do you suggest? Why do you suggest this? and why, specifically should Blizzard take your advice?

You seem disturbed about this, What are you going to do about it?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

they invented the time gated content only because they hoped peoples will think the game is full

but tbh , just look the new content they pu in each big patch, you have like 12-15 new chain quest to do, but it is put behind a time gate, so you could do it in 2 hour but no, it will take you 2 month to do it, 1-2 quest by week

blizzard are so lazy nowaday, all they want is cash for activision and board
    its why i fear that d4 will be fun the first months, but you will see things like time gate, event day, event week in the game, they will put what they do in warcraft in it

i could just dream about the ex-blizzard member to do a new gaming company somewhere far from devilivision

Quote Originally Posted by monkaTOS View Post
    Imagine a commercial subscription based game that tries to earn money and keep you subscribed? Outlandish idea!
    Yeah but there are better ways than brute force to keep players interested and coming back for more. Most expansions worked fine with having 0 items that had to be maintained on a daily basis. Legion worked fine with 1 item aka artifacts but now we have heart of azeroth,esences,upgradable legendary cloak,azerite pieces and the only reason all those things exist is to brute force everybody into logging in and doing the same mundane crap day in day out.
    Last edited by Alkhan; 2020-01-26 at 12:05 AM.

World of Warcraft could be easily fixed with just one expansion but it will never happen because they would lose subscribers. And what company wants to lose money? Thing is, the game has become easier and easier over the years as to cater to the casuals, to the bad players who refuse to became better players, because it takes time an effort, by adding casual and easy content. But the worst thing is the rewards for this casual and easy content. The incentive to become better so that you can play the more difficult content and therefore get better rewards is just not there. Instead, all you have to do is repeat the casual and easy content and you will get there eventually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkhan View Post
    Most expansions worked fine with having 0 items that had to be maintained on a daily basis.
    I'm sorry but I don't remember an expansion in the last 10 years where 'falling behind' wasn't a concern on someone's part.

Personally, I play 3 days a week (at best) and am doing just fine. Not a mythic raider or anything but if you sign up for that it's less Blizzard forcing you to do anything and more peer pressure.

If you are bored, then take a break. Honest to god, it's fine. There is no "brute force" involved in any whatsoever on Blizzard's part.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Yeah but there are better ways than brute force to keep players interested and coming back for more. Most expansions worked fine with having 0 items that had to be maintained on a daily basis. Legion worked fine with 1 item aka artifacts but now we have heart of azeroth,esences,upgradable legendary cloak,azerite pieces and the only reason all those things exist is to brute force everybody into logging in and doing the same mundane crap day in day out.
    Good thing all players agree that there is one singular ridiculously easy way for players to stay engaged in content, right? Because we all agree that we play the game for the same reason, right? Because there's no way that by removing time gating players would instead no life content until it's consumed and then chastise other players who don't no life; only to then log onto forums and complain that there's "nothing to do." Yep. It's such an easy fix. I wonder why Blizzard hasn't done it yet.

Ah yeah, that's right. They don't listen to feedback. Or, if they do listen to feedback, they listened to the wrong feedback because no matter what Blizzard does or doesn't do, the only reason they did it is because they hate their playerbase. Man, the more I think about this the more I realize how EASY it would be to fix all of WoW's issues.

7+ Year Old Account

1. "removed vendors" they removed some, not all, you know that azerite residium exists right? and also there is a pvp "vendor" in the weekly choice of what piece you want, and the "upgrade any item you want!"

2. thats not face book games, thats just mmo's, was classic more of a facebook game cause it had no flying, and traveling was liek 30% of your gameplay time (it was, oh my god was traveling so slow)

3. time gates are mmo things, not just facebook games, timegates have been a major thing since day 1 of vanilla, weekly raid lockouts, super lsow leveling, super slow travel, then dailies, daily heroics, etc.

4. what...? having to unlock stuff by doing content is somehow facebook stuff now?

5. yeah, you are the only one seeing this. its funny how the only part of the game that is like facebook which is the mission table, you didnt even mention, the rest of it though yeah nothing close.

- - - Updated - - -

Most expansions worked fine with having 0 items that had to be maintained on a daily basis.
    classic- weekly lockouts, cooldown crafting, legendaries crafting
    TBC-daily heroics, daily quests, legendary drop chance
    wotlk- daily heroics EVEN MORE because of badges, legendary crafting back, daily quests EVEN MORE as some of your best enchants could only be earned from gettign specific reps to exalted.
    cata- actually nothing new really got added.
    mop- same nothing new got added.
    wod- mission table
    legion- artifact level
    BFA- azerite level.

every expansion has had "if you dont log on this week/day, you will permantly fall behind everyone else"
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by monkaTOS View Post
    Imagine a commercial subscription based game that tries to earn money and keep you subscribed? Outlandish idea!
    Back in the days they did that by giving you a fucking sweet ass rad game that you actually wanted to play for 24/7. Fuck, that you actually wanted to play for 25/8.
    Nowadays they have to force you, manipulate you, trick you, motherfucking timegate you to stay because TRUST US, IT'S GONNA BE AWESOME AND RAD ONCE IT ALL UNFOLDS, JUST WAIT FOR IT.

It's not about a company trying to sell you a product, it's about one company doing so by giving you a good product and another company by trying to shove a piece of shit product up your ass.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    they invented the time gated content only because they hoped peoples will think the game is full

but tbh , just look the new content they pu in each big patch, you have like 12-15 new chain quest to do, but it is put behind a time gate, so you could do it in 2 hour but no, it will take you 2 month to do it, 1-2 quest by week

blizzard are so lazy nowaday, all they want is cash for activision and board
    its why i fear that d4 will be fun the first months, but you will see things like time gate, event day, event week in the game, they will put what they do in warcraft in it

i could just dream about the ex-blizzard member to do a new gaming company somewhere far from devilivision
    "they invented" no they didnt, timegating had ben a thing since the day sub based mmo was introduced.

also "12-15 new chain quests to do, but behind a time gate"
    funny, didnt we literally just get like the entire quest campaign all at once at launch, and everyone complained because there was TOO MUCH to do at the start?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    Back in the days they did that by giving you a fucking sweet ass rad game that you actually wanted to play for 24/7. Fuck, that you actually wanted to play for 25/8.
    Nowadays they have to force you, manipulate you, trick you, motherfucking timegate you to stay because TRUST US, IT'S GONNA BE AWESOME AND RAD ONCE IT ALL UNFOLDS, JUST WAIT FOR IT.

It's not about a company trying to sell you a product, it's about one company doing so by giving you a good product and another company by trying to shove a piece of shit product up your ass.
    sorta like back in vanilla?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    sorta like back in vanilla?
    Vanilla was a great game for it's time. Stop evaluating 2004s Classic with your tainted 2020 view, of course it's gonna be shit under those conditions.

What I want someone to answer is when was there ever "things to do" that weren't confined to raiding, pvp and quests?

TBC: raids, arena, bg's, aldor/scryers rep, dailies in 2.4, questing
    WotLK: raids, arena, bg's, dailies for TotC, wintergrasp
    Cata: raids, arena, bg's, tol barad, dailies, questing
    MOP: raids, arena, bg's, timeless isle, dailies, questing, legendary cloak, challenge mode
    WoD: raids, arena, bg's, garrison, questing, apexis shard farming, challenge mode
    Legion: raids, arena, bg's, class order campaigns (on every class if you want), questing, M+, world quests, artifact skins, mage tower, assaults, legendaries
    BfA: raids, arena, bg's, world quests, war campaign (lol, but was littered with cutscenes and cinematics), mechagon (timeless isle equivalent), M+, essences, allied races, nzoth assaults, horrific visions, islands (lol), warfronts (lol)

Objectively, there's never been more to do in game. The biggest problem for BfA for me was that it 1. came after legion and 2. launched in a very unfinished state

When was wow ever full? Just look at classic,it died in the most horrid way,cuz it was never full of content.Atleast if they tried to gate content there but its still corpse.
    The Man in Black: “They come. They fight. They destroy. They corrupt. It always ends the same.”
    Jacob: “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

There are just way too many features that are designed to keep you subscribed.
    Hang on there sherlock, you're getting close to something big.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmas View Post
    World of Warcraft could be easily fixed with just one expansion but it will never happen because they would lose subscribers. And what company wants to lose money? Thing is, the game has become easier and easier over the years as to cater to the casuals, to the bad players who refuse to became better players, because it takes time an effort, by adding casual and easy content. But the worst thing is the rewards for this casual and easy content. The incentive to become better so that you can play the more difficult content and therefore get better rewards is just not there. Instead, all you have to do is repeat the casual and easy content and you will get there eventually.
    This has to be a troll comment. If the game is fixed next xpac, why would they lose subs? More people would want to play the game if it was better, and less people would be quitting...

Quote Originally Posted by zolfare View Post
    This has to be a troll comment. If the game is fixed next xpac, why would they lose subs? More people would want to play the game if it was better, and less people would be quitting...
    seriously, MoP was the last time the retail game was good and for a period of time ToT and SoO halted the sub-decline that's been on-going otherwise unbroken since cata's pre-patch hit to end wrath.
    Fuck even classic's buggy ass gathered more attention then any expac since WoD, which was supposed to be a return to form but was instead a worthless waste of fucking time that borders on false advertising due to just how much promoted content was cut.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    -snip-
    It's never been about what you CAN do, it's about what do you actually WANT to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    What I want someone to answer is when was there ever "things to do" that weren't confined to raiding, pvp and quests?

TBC: raids, arena, bg's, aldor/scryers rep, dailies in 2.4, questing
    WotLK: raids, arena, bg's, dailies for TotC, wintergrasp
    Cata: raids, arena, bg's, tol barad, dailies, questing
    MOP: raids, arena, bg's, timeless isle, dailies, questing, legendary cloak, challenge mode
    WoD: raids, arena, bg's, garrison, questing, apexis shard farming, challenge mode
    Legion: raids, arena, bg's, class order campaigns (on every class if you want), questing, M+, world quests, artifact skins, mage tower, assaults, legendaries
    BfA: raids, arena, bg's, world quests, war campaign (lol, but was littered with cutscenes and cinematics), mechagon (timeless isle equivalent), M+, essences, allied races, nzoth assaults, horrific visions, islands (lol), warfronts (lol)

Objectively, there's never been more to do in game. The biggest problem for BfA for me was that it 1. came after legion and 2. launched in a very unfinished state
    The problem is how you look at this. This is an "On paper" kind of response. On paper you are right, but in reality things have gone from great to good to bad to worse. It is the systems and how they constantly keep changing instead of being built upon. Example for this would be crafting. Crafting used to be a massive, massive part of this game. It was important to have professions not just for the items you could make for the raid and what not, but for the combat bonuses. This system was never expanded upon, and instead they got lazy with it and turned it into the most cookie cutter profession system I have seen in an MMO.

Another example would be dailies. Instead of expanding on some of the ideas they have come up with (like timeless isle) they instead just insert world quests or return back to dailies. This is the exact same thing that has been in the game for years. Nothing new has come from this. Nothing has been built upon.

Classes are a joke now. They are just specs, not actual classes. It honestly doesn't look like that will change in shadowlands either which really surprises me. I mean, you had a great structure with players selecting a class, then choosing to specialize in certain spell types or combat styles the class could use (IE all shamans had healing tide, but elemental and especially resto's healing tide were better than enhance).

Time Gating has gotten worse and worse as time goes on. I cannot stress how awful time gating is for this game, yet Blizzard continue to pour it on. If I want to log on and grind a shit ton of rep for the day, then fucking let me god damnit. And for those who think 8.3 made this better, take a step back. I actually enjoy going into the horrific visions and checking out that content, but I honestly dont care about exploring or trying to find interesting things with it because I can only do so many per week. That is the dumbest game design I have ever seen. I mean fudge nuckers man! If I clear all the content in 3 weeks and want to chill on wow for a bit then great, but most people are not like that. Most people log on because it is an MMO and they have friends that like to play as well.

Look, this list can go on and on and on, but at the end of the day the game is in the worst state it has ever been in. The class design is in shambles, the content is bland or time gated, the story is all over the place (some things awesome and some things.... not so much), nothing truly awesome has evolved in the game in any way (IE M+, raiding, etc), and the worst part is that the best part about this game is the same thing it has been since vanilla.... Just hopping on to chill with some friends and kill shit.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dang Facebook games must have gotten really intricate since the days of Farmville spam from all my friends.

Either that or the game is still a country mile away from a Facebook game and the term you're looking for is "real close to Diablo 3."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)