Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    And i thought, that Valve got bad refund system. This is hilarious af.
    they do? I find refunding through steam is easy as hell, it even lets you try out a game for a few hours then refund...
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    No, you don't, if you're really against an expansion and think you might enjoy the next one, you just wait til it gets rolled into the base game around the next expansions launch.
    Doesn't get rolled in the chest until the very end of the expansion or the expansion after which means 2 expansions later. It's always:
    X expansion - 50% off the original price
    Y - 15% off the original price [previous expansion]
    Z - Original price [Current expansion]
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    they do? I find refunding through steam is easy as hell, it even lets you try out a game for a few hours then refund...
    Well some people complained about steam refund system.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Well some people complained about steam refund system.
    Yeah, people tend to omit information to make themselves be the victim. Don't trust what people say just willynilly when it comes to refunds or money in general.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

The fact people are bitching about this expansion already when we literally know about 10% of it and alpha/beta hasn't even gone up yet makes me laugh. The density.

The amount of people refunding a game they know very little about based on fairly unrelated matters is absolutely hilarious! Oh internet, you get more stupid every day.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Doesn't get rolled in the chest until the very end of the expansion or the expansion after which means 2 expansions later. It's always:
    X expansion - 50% off the original price
    Y - 15% off the original price [previous expansion]
    Z - Original price [Current expansion]
    Legions been rolled in since BfA launch

Why do you keep buying stuff that you don`t want?

If you want it, then buy it.
    If you don`t want it, don`t buy it.
    If you are not sure - then wait.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Expert View Post
    If they accept payment for a product or service, and fail to deliver the product or service within the expectations they themselves set, you have every right to a refund and thensome. They rely on ignorance-riddled threads like this to dissuade the game-addicted masses from exercising their rights.

If I order a burger advertised as 100% pure beef, take a bite of it and realize it's made from some kind of meat simulant, then despite my partial USE of the burger I'd still be entitled to a full refund...and the business would be liable for false/misleading/fraudulent advertising.
    What rights are these exactly? The way you're talking makes it sound like you're a Yank. If so, you don't have any consumer rights at all. That's a fact, on a Federal level. Individual states might (I can't think of any, of the top of my head), so correct me if you're from some state that has refund LAWS applying to digital products. Most business operating in the US have a refund policy, and Blizzard is one of them - that's not a right, though, that's a policy.

If you're in the EU, it's a different story, but in the UK, for example, you have to offer refunds if goods are faulty, or not as described. These aren't vague terms that can mean whatever nerdrage dictates that they mean. Faulty in the case of a game would mean bugs rendering it virtually unplayable, or huge server downtime or whatever. Not as described means you'd have to try and pin down a specific element the game said it had, but did not, in fact, have. If, for example, the game claimed to have awesome new raids, them not being awesome would not be grounds for a refund ("puffery"), but if it didn't have new raids at all being added, then it might well be. Ironically this means it would be much easier to get a refund over say, not having the Dance Studio, than the game being shit and about as much fun as eating broken glass (which WoW never has been... well maybe Cataclysm... but it's just an example).

If Blizzard are indeed claiming they only do one refund every six months, that's a policy, and that means they will obviously not do any additional refunds not required by law in that period, and that's fine, but the moment they are legally required to do two refunds within a six month period, they have to - and will - overlook any general policy like that. The law comes first. But not in the US. In the US Blizzard can refund or not as they feel like.

And to be clear, your burger example only applies to simple claims of fact. If the game box and/or advertising materials for an expansion claims it contains the Dance Studio, and it doesn't, then yeah, that's a refund. If the game claims it has loads of cool features but doesn't specify them, or that it will be totally awesome or whatever, or that it has "Many" new dungeons (when it has like 6), none of that is going to be a legally required refund in the UK at least (and I imagine the same is true of most of the EU).

Re: partial use, the problem is that all the examples we've seen are voluntary refunds, not legally-mandated ones. So Blizzard can do what they want. If Blizzard advertise Shadowlands as containing the Dance Studio, then you buy it, and play new race DKs and use your level boost and so on, then the expansion comes and no Dance Studio, you probably can get a legally mandated refund. What Blizzard then do with your new race DKs and level boosted character is up to them, of course. They'd be well within their rights to delete them, but they'd probably ignore them (or they might auto-lock).

But these examples aren't that. These examples are people asking for GRATUITOUS refunds - i.e. ones Blizzard didn't have to provide. So rights don't even come into it.

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    The fact people are bitching about this expansion already when we literally know about 10% of it and alpha/beta hasn't even gone up yet makes me laugh. The density.
    that's just the current internet mentality. Complain about anything and anyone, even when you don't even know what you complain about.
    Read so many "omg worst game ever" when they themselves NEVER even played it for a single second, but wanna argue with people that did.
    I mean, i can't remember how often i read "omg, wc3 so shit! they make you pay sub and still fuck up!", so they don't even know wc3 and wow are completely seperate games

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Or people could just behave like adults and spend money when they're sure, rather than spend even when they're feeling fickle.

Since I know what I want, I shall pre-order the Physical CE same as always as soon as it's available.
    Chill with your facist views...

Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by Seasz View Post

Abuser
    Taking your responsibility as a consumer in the free market = fascist view?!?
    Okay, guess i know why we have all that mtx and buggy mess the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyOne View Post
    Taking your responsibility as a consumer in the free market = fascist view?!?
    Okay, guess i know why we have all that mtx and buggy mess the last few years.
    No I call her that because of her post history.

EDIT: Erratum, the user I was talking about is @Winter Blossom, who is a friend of Queen of Hamsters
    Last edited by Seasz; 2020-02-18 at 03:22 PM.

Abuser
    Not sure how I'm a fascist for having the opinion of people managing their own money at their own responsibility, but I'm not really interested enough to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I guess sarcasm translates badly in written form - so I tend to put /s behind posts...you never know what mood a mod is in
    whoops mybad.
    Still true though, still too many whales and bad decisions by the mainstream gamers

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Not sure how I'm a fascist for having the opinion of people managing their own money at their own responsibility, but I'm not really interested enough to find out.
    Read my last post.

You're not the abuser but your friend @Winter Blossom is.

An avid, proud and remorseless animal abuser.

Read my last post.

You're not the abuser but your friend @Winter Blossom is.

An avid, proud and remorseless animal abuser.
    The fuck does that have anything to do with this thread? And why quote a completely separate person than the one you're referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    It is not gonna stop. We get these "Beware of ...." every x-pac. Yeah..there might be people who regret a pre-purchase. But they never man up...they always play the victim. In a world where giving you 12 months gametime, you only pay 10, get a free game and a free mount and people can yell "scam" (and get others to agree)....you know we are all just f***ed.

Take responsibility for your decisions.

And ofc I don't trust images that ppl post...it is not like you can't fake them. There is this guy who keeps making accounts and getting banned to warn about refund policies. When he has 10 posts he links an image of a conversation he had with GMs, wanting game time refund from SL (which they refused, because he used it up).

Eventually in one of his replies he let it slip that he "hasn't bought anything from Blizzard in ages".

But I guess his mom/gf gifted him the pre-order....

(just double checked..same with OP of this thread. Posted a pic, then said he hadn't purchased anything in ages, then said he used the linked images to make a point...same bs)
    ... I had no idea but now that you mention it, I've seen more than one poster follow the same format as the OP here. One really has to wonder what goes on in the life of someone following such a pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    The fuck does that have anything to do with this thread? And why quote a completely separate person than the one you're referring to?
    Because I mixed up their names.

That's why I apologize to @Queen of Hamsters. But she still should check whom she's making friends with.

Given the huge numbers of problems and pseudo-scandal there has been over the last 10 years with pre-purchase games, it baffles me people are still pre-purchasing games like that.... Wait for the week before it launch, not 2 years ahead of it launch :/ So many things can change inbetween ^^'