Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Read This Before You Pre-order Shadowlands.

Blizzard's refund policy is garbage. You only have 1 chance for a refund every 6 months. Services, Boost, Subscriptions (EU)

There is an exception for pre-orders, which I have found out later. You'll be able to get a refund before launch for the shadowlands

I am waiting till launch and see if the game will be any good, before purchase.

anyone else got any other info in regards to refunds etc then share.
    Last edited by yomammyass; 2020-01-26 at 01:24 PM. Reason: added (eu)

Quote Originally Posted by Savant View Post
    Even though the GM can just remove the boost and disable the character you used the boost on.
    GMs can't do that. They have a very specific set of tools now and few of them allow them to mess with characters.

Blizzard's refund policy is garbage. You only have 1 chance for a refund every 6 months.

If you pre-order and don't use any of the boosts, within 30 days you can return the product, but if you do, then its too late.
    Even though the GM can just remove the boost and disable the character you used the boost on.

I am waiting till launch and see if the game will be any good, before purchase.

anyone else got any other info in regards to refunds etc then share.
    That is not true. You can refund much more often then just once per 6 months.
    if you buy something, refund it, buy it again, then try to refund it they may deny you.
    but hell back during destiny 2, i prepurchased it, had to refund it as some emergency expenses came out. then later purchased it, tried it, didnt like it, refunded it. they allowed it (both within like 2 months) then was able to purchase it later when a friend convinced me to give it another try.

Yes, surprise, you dont go to a burger shop, eat a cheeseburger, then get miffed when you cant refund.

And no, removing the boost or disablign the charecter would be open for tons of abuse.

Make an account
    prepurchase shadowlands.
    Use boost
    run raid tons of raids
    Then refund it.
    rinse and repeat for unlimited weekly runs of raids.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    That is not true. You can refund much more often then just once per 6 months.
    if you buy something, refund it, buy it again, then try to refund it they may deny you.
    but hell back during destiny 2, i prepurchased it, had to refund it as some emergency expenses came out. then later purchased it, tried it, didnt like it, refunded it. they allowed it (both within like 2 months) then was able to purchase it later when a friend convinced me to give it another try.

Yes, surprise, you dont go to a burger shop, eat a cheeseburger, then get miffed when you cant refund.

And no, removing the boost or disablign the charecter would be open for tons of abuse.

Make an account
    prepurchase shadowlands.
    Use boost
    run raid tons of raids
    Then refund it.
    rinse and repeat for unlimited weekly runs of raids.
    Wrong. its 1 refund per 6 months. (EU). Don't know US

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just to point out, if you buy the epic edition that has 30 days gametime, they will not refund it.

I'm not sure how anyone finds any of this surprising or unfair.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    Just to point out, if you buy the epic edition that has 30 days gametime, they will not refund it.

shocker, you cant get money back for something you cant return
    thats like wanting you money back for a cake you already ate

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    I'm not sure how anyone finds any of this surprising or unfair.
    thats simple, some people thik the world revolves around them

Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post

Friend had gametime already and refunded just fine.

so it seems as long as you have time already your good. the isseu is if you have 0 days then buy time, then refund, cause you have already used some of that time.
    and you cant refund sub time that is currently going.

so if you REALLY wanna refund, you will likely have to buy a month, then you can refund, which will remove 30 days. but i wouldnt try it.

they cant remove 30 days of game time from your account to refund, if you have less then 30 days...

- - - Updated - - -

i have done much more then that.

also hey, atleast this aint nintendo, who allows ZERO refunds, once you purchase a product, you own it, you can purchase it, then 2 seconds later contact support for a refund? nah fuck you, its yours, too late.

Yeah, we need a source on that. Just saying it is so, doesn't make it so. Especially since even people in this thread had more refunds in EU in 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Yeah, we need a source on that. Just saying it is so, doesn't make it so. Especially since even people in this thread had more refunds in EU in 6 months.

There is a 6 month wait, but there is an exception for pre-orders, which I will edit my post now with new info

10+ Year Old Account
    So you used part of the product and now complain you dont get money back. lol
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

There is a 6 month wait, but there is an exception for pre-orders, which I will edit my post now with new info
    notice how he says on "That for a second time"
    you are not locked to 1 refund every 6 months.

they just dont want you buyying the expansion, then refunding it, thern buyying it again.

idk if you know but buyying something from them costs them taxes, and even if they refund it, those taxes still cost them, they refund you the full money, but you cant refund taxes. so they lose money when you refund, so they cant let you just refund infinite amount of times, or else you will cost tem TONS in refunds.

so you are limited to a few types of refunds every so often, or as he says on prepurchase.

All aboard the Manufactured Outrage Train!

Refunds are the most stupid thing civilisation has ever invented.You buy smtng and if you dont like it or smtng you can ask for refund.Like....gtfo rofl
    The Man in Black: “They come. They fight. They destroy. They corrupt. It always ends the same.”
    Jacob: “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    notice how he says on "That for a second time"
    you are not locked to 1 refund every 6 months.

they just dont want you buyying the expansion, then refunding it, thern buyying it again.

idk if you know but buyying something from them costs them taxes, and even if they refund it, those taxes still cost them, they refund you the full money, but you cant refund taxes. so they lose money when you refund, so they cant let you just refund infinite amount of times, or else you will cost tem TONS in refunds.

so you are limited to a few types of refunds every so often, or as he says on prepurchase.
    You locked for 6 months, if you get a refund for ingame services, subscriptions or anything related to WoW, that is why he said 'that for a second time' because I have enlisted those things before the chat began.

I also have personal experience where I used a refund for something wow related and then I couldn't get another one, needed to wait 4 more months.

Pre-orders are an exception, that is why I updated this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Willhouse View Post
    Refunds are the most stupid thing civilisation has ever invented.You buy smtng and if you dont like it or smtng you can ask for refund.Like....gtfo rofl
    It helps to prevent corrupt sales... like getting something that isn't as advertised, or downright broken. How do you not understand that?

Ridiculous, why pre-order it if you have doubts in the first place? I've done so because i will be playing WoW with 99% certainty, but if you are not sure yourself - do not pre-order and wait for the expansion to come out.

Quote Originally Posted by Popastique View Post
    Ridiculous, why pre-order it if you have doubts in the first place? I've done so because i will be playing WoW with 99% certainty, but if you are not sure yourself - do not pre-order and wait for the expansion to come out.
    This thread is more of informational type, if you change your mind.

Judging by the garbage refund policies of Blizzard for W3 Reforged I am

Bumping this for reminder

Quote Originally Posted by Willhouse View Post
    Reminds me of this scene from Tommy Boy
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEB7WbTTlu4

Ted Nelson: But why do they put a guarantee on the box?
    Tommy: Because they know all they sold ya was a guaranteed piece of shit. That's all it is, isn't it? Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for now, for your customer's sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality product from me.