Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    You wouldn't be able to get a refund on the preorder anyway, as the services unlock immediately.
    No reason to be concerned with not preordering though.

Unless you plan on not playing the game for the 2 years its out, just buy it.
    Its 40 dollars.

That's less than THREE months of game time btw.
    I don't think people fully think about that.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Seasz View Post
    Because I mixed up their names.

That's why I apologize to @Queen of Hamsters. But she still should check whom she's making friends with.
    Or I can just ignore the words of a random nobody trying to stir shit, report, and watch said person work towards a forum vacay.

Yeah, I'll do just that. "Winter Blossom" and "Queen of Hamsters" + the differences in avatars and signatures, are simply not similar enough for you to have made a mistake.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Knaar View Post
    Given the huge numbers of problems and pseudo-scandal there has been over the last 10 years with pre-purchase games, it baffles me people are still pre-purchasing games like that.... Wait for the week before it launch, not 2 years ahead of it launch :/ So many things can change inbetween ^^'
    World of Warcraft expansions are not exactly new games. They're expansions to a well established franchise.

I understand (and follow) the principle of not pre-ordering new titles, but when it comes to WoW it's just a case of the usual hyperbole.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Or I can just ignore the words of a random nobody trying to stir shit, report, and watch said person work towards a forum vacay.

Yeah, I'll do just that. "Winter Blossom" and "Queen of Hamsters" + the differences in avatars and signatures, are simply not similar enough for you to have made a mistake.
    Believe me or not it's up to you. But you will see me taking the chance to directly attack said user @Winter Blossom

I don't care if she's your friend, she's an animal abuser and needs to be held accountable for that.
    Last edited by Seasz; 2020-02-18 at 03:55 PM.

I am never pre-ordering any game again, especially digital only style games until I know it is what I want via reviews or when I download a cracked version of a game so I can try it out (if there are no demo's because most developers/publishers don't leave us much choice otherwise to try games before purchase.)

BfA showed me that all they want is money for a wanna be mobile MMO WoW has tried to become.

Believe me or not it's up to you. But you will see me taking the chance to directly attack said user @Winter Blossom

I don't care if she's your friend, she's an animal abuser and needs to be hold accountable for that.
    Cool story and a fascinating insight as to how you spend your time.

Reporting and ignoring.

PS. Check your own friendslist, hypocrite.

I pre-order the expansion for the bonuses. If there were no Transmogg, weapon effect, Mount, Allied race death knight, then What would be the point in pre-ordering?

I don't give a flip about shadowlands.. or what shadowlands turns out to be.. I pre-order for the bonus things.

That should always be your reason for pre-ordering.. Because there is no point to pre-order if you get nothing out of it.

Because I mixed up their names.

That's why I apologize to @Queen of Hamsters. But she still should check whom she's making friends with.
    Accusing someone of being fascist then turning around trying to impose your own views on someone else and telling them who they should or shouldn't be friends with. Really?

Not going to derail this any further though. As this has nothing to do with the actual thread.

That said, I agree with the idea that I don't understand why Blizzard's policy is surprising or unfair. Be responsible and accountable for your decision making instead of expecting a company to just give you your money back when you change your mind. Sometimes things DO come up and you really do need to get your money back, but Blizzard's policy allows for those occurrences.

Dont buy something if you cant afford not getting your money back. Be sure you want to buy something before buying said thing. 2 good rules to live by. Now stop the whinetrain and grow up...

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Uhhhh.... no I’m not. Unless you think owning a pug is animal abuse?
    Yes and you should be ashamed of yourself.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...5#post44531115

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...8#post51922518

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    You think owning a pug makes me an animal abuser.... okay then
    The anti-pug people are only marginally less obnoxious than PETA fanatics at this point.

They don't seem to realize that there's ongoing work and campaigning (through using facts and history) to improve the anatomy and thus health of pugs as we speak. They just want to be outraged and attack people, which just makes them pathetic.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2020-02-18 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Cool story and a fascinating insight as to how you spend your time.

Reporting and ignoring.

PS. Check your own friendslist, hypocrite.
    After looking at their friends list, it seems less odd they havent seen any repercussions for their personal attacks and targeted harassment.

Why the fuck would any idiot be dumb enough to pre-order from this company after BFA?

Not to mention why the fuck would you want your money going to a bunch of Chinese bootlickers?

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    After looking at their friends list, it seems less odd they havent seen any repercussions for their personal attacks and targeted harassment.
    Oooh, yeaah... Didn't notice that at first glance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    I seirously don't get why people pre-order if they're even remotely thinking of refunding. THEN JUST DON'T PRE-ORDER.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    This thread is about preorders of Shadowlands and not animal abuse, owning certain animal breeds, or whatever else is going on. Return to the actual subject of the thread.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Savant View Post
    Blizzard's refund policy is garbage. You only have 1 chance for a refund every 6 months. Services, Boost, Subscriptions (EU)

There is an exception for pre-orders, which I have found out later. You'll be able to get a refund before launch for the shadowlands

I am waiting till launch and see if the game will be any good, before purchase.

anyone else got any other info in regards to refunds etc then share.
    EU law, CLEARLY states that you have 14 days full return right, on EVERYTHING bought on the internet (and other types of distance purchase, e.g. coupon catalogs).

You can make use of this right 100 times per day, if you want.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    notice how he says on "That for a second time"
    you are not locked to 1 refund every 6 months.

they just dont want you buyying the expansion, then refunding it, thern buyying it again.

idk if you know but buyying something from them costs them taxes, and even if they refund it, those taxes still cost them, they refund you the full money, but you cant refund taxes. so they lose money when you refund, so they cant let you just refund infinite amount of times, or else you will cost tem TONS in refunds.

so you are limited to a few types of refunds every so often, or as he says on prepurchase.
    That's not how sales taxes work. If you give a refund you give the full refund, including tax to customer. The tax you paid for that sale is credited back to you by the government.

The 1 refund every 6 months may be company policy but it is not law. Many free countries have consumer protection law and it is very common to have no restrictions on the amount of times you can get a refund. It generally goes like this. A company must use every day language to sell their products. They must provide accurate information where valid and the goods and services they provide must match what is advertised. If a mistake or false advertising is made by a company they must, in a reasonable amount of time provide a remedy for the customer including but not limited to a full refund of the purchase price, a replacement of the item or service of equal value, or the product that they have advertised. That's why when you see things like iPhone for 100 advertised when it should have been 1000 and the customers try to buy it for 100 and the company say no. Mistakes are made and the company does not need to honor that because they are able to offer a full refund.

There is a precedent set in the 1950s in England where a grocer put the wrong price on an apple. A customer tried to buy it and the grocer refused. This went all the way to court because the customer said that the grocer had made an offer by advertising the apple at the low price. When an offer is made, the other party can accept that offer and form a contract. The court ruled that an offer wasn't made. The offer was where the customer took the apple to the counter and the grocer refused the offer. No contract was made. This is essentially the whole basis for advertising. You can advertise whatever you want, but as soon as you take money from a customer you have formed a contract and you must deliver what you promised. Consumer protection law provides easy remedies to allow broken contracts such as unable to deliver on the goods or missing a release date to be sorted out between the company and the customer. This was a set of rules that guided companies when selling to consumers so any conflict can easily be dealt with without court action. IF you still fight on this you get taken to court and could be fined 10s of thousands up to 100s of thousands.

If you have problems getting a resolution to a problem know your rights. You may never get a refund for game time and that is fair enough. The game already exists and blizzard have delivered the product. They have the right to change the product and you have the right to stop buying the product. But there is no law anywhere that forces a company to give a refund because you changed your mind if that product has already been delivered. A company might do it because they see the value in doing so. If you preorder, technically the game hasn't arrived so refunds can be easy. If you use a component of the preorder such as DK for every race then you have used the product and cancelling the preorder becomes a change of mind situation. Blizzard is not obligated to give a refund in these situations. Personally I do not agree with this but a lot of people would have to take blizzard to court for them to move on this.

In a world where early access is common, do not preorder. If you don't like it you will not get your money back. You know this because Blizzard probably spends 10s of millions on legal every year while you have to make a decision on whether that pie you saw is worth the $7 they are asking for it down at the bakery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Willhouse View Post
    Refunds are the most stupid thing civilisation has ever invented.
    As a buyer it's good to have a chance to return something you turn out not to like.

It's even pretty good as a seller. I sell shareware software with unconditional refund policy. No digital rights management so basically anyone can decide to be dishonest. Buy it, then get it refunded and still use the software afterwards (tho' they won't receive upgrades). Less than 2% ask for a refund. I'm sure the promise of unconditional refund generates more than 2% extra sales, so I'm cashing in extra. It also motivates me to offer a high quality product, that's another plus for the buyers and also for me - because it's easier to sell something good than something bad.

It's a huge win-win, how can you hate that?
    Last edited by Zka; 2020-02-20 at 06:46 PM.

OT:
    I wouldn't ever in my life pre-order anything(only on some very strictly limited things, such as special cars). It just gives them more money, so they'll become even more lazy after receiving the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    It's a huge win-win, how can you hate that?
    Because he hasn't even worked in retail/has no idea about business/has no idea what he is talking about.

How does pre-ordering something count toward revenue? If Warcraft Reforged is any indication they will probably be pushed to release Shadowlands before Activision has to report its third quarter earnings, irrespective of if it’s ready or not.

Does pre-order revenue only count once a product is released or does the pre-order cash they took in last year count towards the last fourth quarter earnings?