Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    And i thought, that Valve got bad refund system. This is hilarious af.
    what the F is wrong with the valve refund system ? automatic refund no questions asked if you are within 2 hours played and 2 weeks since purhcase. if you didn't have those limits, what would stop me from buying a 2-3 hour long indie story game, play it and refund it after ? 2 hours is already to much for some indie games

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbasta View Post
    I seirously don't get why people pre-order if they're even remotely thinking of refunding. THEN JUST DON'T PRE-ORDER.
    Obviously because they offer additional benefits for pre-ordering. However, just because you pre-ordered for the benefits you got today does not mean that the company can simply change or reduce the product itself that you pre-ordered.

Warcraft Reforged was great had they offered the thing they advertised. Getting the pre-order bonuses was great because you were still expecting to get the product they told you were getting. When they wholesale just up and shipped you a different product that does not mean you should be ok with it simply because you enjoyed the ancillary content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    what the F is wrong with the valve refund system ? automatic refund no questions asked if you are within 2 hours played and 2 weeks since purhcase. if you didn't have those limits, what would stop me from buying a 2-3 hour long indie story game, play it and refund it after ? 2 hours is already to much for some indie games
    Idk people find now everything to complain about. Myself i didin't used refund system, i just heard... "Complains"

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    EU law, CLEARLY states that you have 14 days full return right, on EVERYTHING bought on the internet (and other types of distance purchase, e.g. coupon catalogs).

You can make use of this right 100 times per day, if you want.
    Not really, they will still decline the refund and close the chat

> Me Entered Chat
    > Wanted Refund
    > Blizzard leaves chat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Savant View Post

> Me Entered Chat
    > Wanted Refund
    > Blizzard leaves chat.
    ....And then you register a complaint with the consumer ombudsman in your country.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

> Me Entered Chat
    > Wanted Refund
    > Blizzard leaves chat.
    I would just get the bank to charge back. If they ban my account, that’s fine. I wouldn’t wanna play a game where they would treat me like shit just because I wanted a refund on something that is not out yet and within my right as an EU citizen.

> Me Entered Chat
    > Wanted Refund
    > Blizzard leaves chat.
    I didn't see you say anywhere that you're in the EU. Then again Fuxie quotes that same thing in almost every thread to bash on Blizzard. Little tip, laws only apply to the people in them.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    I didn't see you say anywhere that you're in the EU.
    What?`Try reading the very first line he wrote. I'll quote it so you don't have to look it up.
    Blizzard's refund policy is garbage. You only have 1 chance for a refund every 6 months. Services, Boost, Subscriptions (EU) .
    It's right there, at the very end.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Then again Fuxie quotes that same thing in almost every thread to bash on Blizzard. Little tip, laws only apply to the people in them.
    WHAT?? What "almost every thread"?? When have I bashed Blizzard?
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

Honestly, they should do away with pre-purchase entirely. Who knows if you want what they release by the time they figure it all out anyway. The token you get for the 30-day game time is AUTOMATICALLY USED during the next billing cycle even prior to release. FIX: Blizzard can subtract one month's subscription cost from the amount to be refunded. Character boost? NOPE, you don't get to utilize it until Shadowlands is released so it doesn't affect the current characters at all... OR put a box in the programming that states if the boost is used, you will void the refund. Problem Solved. Blizzard is so hellbent on making money though and numbers/stats to gauge how the release's popularity will look.... Face it: you're screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nykolaz View Post
    Honestly, they should do away with pre-purchase entirely. Who knows if you want what they release by the time they figure it all out anyway. The token you get for the 30-day game time is AUTOMATICALLY USED during the next billing cycle even prior to release. FIX: Blizzard can subtract one month's subscription cost from the amount to be refunded. Character boost? NOPE, you don't get to utilize it until Shadowlands is released so it doesn't affect the current characters at all... OR put a box in the programming that states if the boost is used, you will void the refund. Problem Solved. Blizzard is so hellbent on making money though and numbers/stats to gauge how the release's popularity will look.... Face it: you're screwed.
    well plenty people play wow to raid for example,those people always get what they want,they havent gone wrong with that very often,can barely think of any bad experiences in recent years,just some bad design choices for nzoth,way overshooting difficulty like legion KJ,way undertuning like xavius,but overall since cata until now raiding hasnt rly disapointed

Quote Originally Posted by Nykolaz View Post
    I do not pre-purchase easily. In the past I pre-purchased Mass Effects various chapters because I loved Bioware and their games and I had enough faith in them deliver me a product I could enjoy. I would be buying it on launch day anyway, so it did not matter much in as far as the money was concerned. I am not one to let some internet reviewer make up my mind for me anyway.
    After SWTOR failed to deliver any new content I grew more cautious of Bioware and did not pre-order Anthem. A wise choice as it turned out.

I apply this same logic to Blizzard. I'll not stop playing the game, since Blizzard has not disappointed me yet, so I will be playing Shadowlands anyway. Might as well pick the pre-purchase and have my cool Velf DK already, in the end I would have paid anyway. I have faith that Blizzard will deliver Shadowlands in a state that I can enjoy with dungeons and raids that I can enjoy.
    I like what I have seen of Torghast and hope it will be fun, but at the end of the day, my WoW revolves around playing dungeons and raids with my guild and Blizzard always delivers in that department so I am really not worried and don't mind pre-purchasing.

15+ Year Old Account
    I pre-ordered the second it was possible.

This game is great and wonder why anyone would refund.

I'm not sure 1 refund every 6 months is even legal, at least here in the EU.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard's refund policy is garbage. You only have 1 chance for a refund every 6 months. Services, Boost, Subscriptions (EU)

There is an exception for pre-orders, which I have found out later. You'll be able to get a refund before launch for the shadowlands

I am waiting till launch and see if the game will be any good, before purchase.

anyone else got any other info in regards to refunds etc then share.
    1: EU legislation clearly states that with ANY distance purchase (phone, internet, mail-order etc), you have 14 days full refund rights. Any vendor that wish to sell anything at distance (i.e. not physical store) is subject to this law, even if they originate in a country outside EU (e.g. Blizzard).

2: Why would you (repeatedly) buy something you want to refund? That's not using rights, but ABUSING rights.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    1: EU legislation clearly states that with ANY distance purchase (phone, internet, mail-order etc), you have 14 days full refund rights. Any vendor that wish to sell anything at distance (i.e. not physical store) is subject to this law, even if they originate in a country outside EU (e.g. Blizzard).
    So if that is indeed the case, how is Blizzard 'immune' from this law?
    On the surface, it seems to be the case here?
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

Quote Originally Posted by Heeresman View Post
    So if that is indeed the case, how is Blizzard 'immune' from this law?
    On the surface, it seems to be the case here?
    Because it's not ANY distance purchase like FuxieDK said, there are exceptions: https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizen...htm#shortcut-3

online digital content, if you have already started downloading or streaming it and you agreed that you would lose your right of withdrawal by starting the performance
    Since they give you some shit with prepurchase like allied races unlock, mounts or whatever, i suspect they are not forced by law to accept refund. Even in 21st century, digital purchases are a complete legal mess with plenty of legal gaps that companies could use to abuse.
    Sorry for my english!

Quote Originally Posted by BullyZJ View Post
    Because it's not ANY distance purchase like FuxieDK said, there are exceptions: https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizen...htm#shortcut-3
    These exceptions don't give them the right to place a cooldown on refunds though.

People that ask for refunds are real scumbags,i say remove refunds cuz its plain idiotic.
    The Man in Black: “They come. They fight. They destroy. They corrupt. It always ends the same.”
    Jacob: “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Quote Originally Posted by Willhouse View Post
    People that ask for refunds are real scumbags,i say remove refunds cuz its plain idiotic.
    What? How is it idiotic?

Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    Just to point out, if you buy the epic edition that has 30 days gametime, they will not refund it.

Rofl... you should just be asked to buy a 30-day sub then exchange it for a refund. Would work fine if you were to buy a physical product from a shop most likely. I guess this is the limitation to systems which are made for something specific and can't be altered on the fly to be flexible.

Man, I'd like a honest talk with Game Master Ingrothar, would be interesting to understand the though progress. If you read this, Ingrothar, and would like to have said talk with me, who also work in support, just hit me up with a PM

OT:
    Kinda weird that you can't refund stuff normaly. It's a digital product, it's not like their are losing the cost of producing it since they could, basically with a button press, send a digital copy or three to every email on earth (take it with a grain of salt).

I'd recommend people to ask them again and present a resonable idea. Maybe you don't get a refund anyway but your sugguestion might be a reality in the future, helping others. The worst thing about developing stuff is to not know how people think, not getting feedback etc.
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.