Thread: Greater pyro

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Context? Outdoor pvp? 1v1 duel? arena 2v2 or 3v3? Bgs?

In arena or duel, good luck casting a greater pyro.
    Arena in both 2v2 and 3v3. Fire mages are retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Arena in both 2v2 and 3v3. Fire mages are retarded.
    I would say that holy paladin/dhs are retarded. 4.5 sec cast time. In 3v3, maybe the mages can cast pyros if they perfect chain cc, you ran out of trinkets and dispels, the target has no dot on it and can't LOS. That makes quit a lof of needed conditions to be successful. In 2v2, that all on you or your mate if the pyro goes off.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Healing and damage based on % should be removed at all.
    That way tanks will never die in pvp!

Yes, there are ways to avoid this cast, but 35% health damage is still too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    It's ok you can be special and also worse than all the other mages, the game needs its bad players i guess.
    I actually used to be pretty decent, but you're not good unless you're the .00001%, I suppose. Good luck slow casting yourself into silence while I blast out several instant cast crits while on the move.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    I'm guessing you don't PvP because fire mages are retarded broken right now. Every time the enemy team has a fire mage it's a giant pain in the ass.
    I think you were just misunderstanding what I was saying.

The bootlickers defending Greater Pyroblast PVP/PVP in general are just yummy yummy in my tummy.

It's so easy to cast it in pretty much any situation and if you're being supported by anyone else it's game over. Rolled around as 2 fire mages and 2 resto druids and was wiping groups of 10 because of how ridiculous % dmg is in pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by KitchenHeat View Post
    I actually used to be pretty decent, but you're not good unless you're the .00001%, I suppose. Good luck slow casting yourself into silence while I blast out several instant cast crits while on the move.
    Good luck silencing that pyro when a rogue stuns/gouges/blinds you and bye bye 33% of your health, good mages get the great pyro off, then blast out the several instant crits to score kills, you just watch your damage get healed up.

And for those 80% of players, how much of a % are mages? And how much are fire mage? And how much have greater pyro talented?

While a healer is unkillable in 1v1 and nearly the same goes for a tank.
    Tanks are shit at pvp. They do close to 0 damage. If you get killed by a tank it's because you tried hard to kill him instead of running away.

- - - Updated - - -

Context? Outdoor pvp? 1v1 duel? arena 2v2 or 3v3? Bgs?

In arena or duel, good luck casting a greater pyro.
    Gpyro so bad in duels

Do you remember back in MoP when everyone was going on about 2 second cast time Chaos Bolts "oh we'll never see anyone cast these ever, it doesn't matter that they hit for half of your hp per bolt"

And then warlocks proceeded to be broken for most of MoP, thanks entirely due to how much damage chaos bolt did and how easy it was to get off.

and then we had the same thing with full moon. "oh we'll never see anyone cast full moon - its a really long cast. Doesn't matter that it hits you for like a third of your hp."

and then boomkins crushed in pvp for all of Legion.

and now we have greater pyroblast. I wonder how this class that can blink while casting, twice, has novas, sheeps, rings of frost and so on, will be able to get off this long cast spell?!

Anyways, yes - its obviously the most broken thing at least in BGs right now, but its also quite fucking shit in arena too. BGs it has completely ruined though. There are two things that will ruin a BG right now - getting more than 1 hunter on your team and having more than 1 fire mage on the enemy team. Having either of these happen mean you will probably lose. Having both happen means you will probably be 5 capped / swept.

Fire mages are just ridiculous right now. 'just interrupt it' is not an argument. it would maybe be an argument if they only had one spell school and were unable to move around a lot, but adding on that fact and the fact that it can be cast from 40 yards means that 'just interrupt it' is about as useful as saying 'just slow the melee.'

This shit ruins every single BG it is in and you can physically feel the difference between a fight with a mage in it vs one without - the second a mage appears, the entire dynamic of the fight changes. Suddenly it is unwinnable, as you've now no choice but to ignore healers and other DPS and instead fully train the mage, who themselves are quite tanky and nimble. If they aren't around, you can train their healers and punish them and maybe even win the fight.

As someone else pointed out as well, they make tanks worthless, which some might say is a good thing, but not on only one class and not on mages for sure - an already extremely overpowered and over represented class.

This shit needs to be gone in Shadowlands or i will just stop doing BGs entirely.

I've held 70% winrate throughout 10 years since they added achs in wotlk. The second i ventured into BFA, my winrate dropped from 70% winrate at 10,000 bgs, down to 55%. I simply cannot do anything as a healer to stop these mages. I can hard carry against every other DPS in the game, but a mage that made their character yesterday being played by a pensioner will run rings around any of them. I'd rather have 4 rogues on me than deal with 1 mage. I'd rather have 8 hunters on me than deal with 1 mage. Give me multiple of any class and i'll take it over a single fire mage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sygmar View Post
    Tanks are shit at pvp. They do close to 0 damage. If you get killed by a tank it's because you tried hard to kill him instead of running away.

- - - Updated - - -

Gpyro so bad in duels

The people who say shit like chaos bolt / greater pyro can't be cast in duels are actual 1100 rating single celled organisms.

You have two fucking casting schools. Literally just cast greater pyro, get kicked, cast polymorph, then cast greater pyro again.

MAGIC. Oh, he trinketed? Just NOVA WITH YOUR THIRD SPELL SCHOOL and rinse and repeat. You literally only have to get this combo off once and you will win. You cannot heal through it - the only thing that stops it are straight immunities, which last for very small amounts of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Do you remember back in MoP when everyone was going on about 2 second cast time Chaos Bolts "oh we'll never see anyone cast these ever, it doesn't matter that they hit for half of your hp per bolt"

And then warlocks proceeded to be broken for most of MoP, thanks entirely due to how much damage chaos bolt did and how easy it was to get off.

and then we had the same thing with full moon. "oh we'll never see anyone cast full moon - its a really long cast. Doesn't matter that it hits you for like a third of your hp."

and then boomkins crushed in pvp for all of Legion.

and now we have greater pyroblast. I wonder how this class that can blink while casting, twice, has novas, sheeps, rings of frost and so on, will be able to get off this long cast spell?!

Anyways, yes - its obviously the most broken thing at least in BGs right now, but its also quite fucking shit in arena too. BGs it has completely ruined though. There are two things that will ruin a BG right now - getting more than 1 hunter on your team and having more than 1 fire mage on the enemy team. Having either of these happen mean you will probably lose. Having both happen means you will probably be 5 capped / swept.

Fire mages are just ridiculous right now. 'just interrupt it' is not an argument. it would maybe be an argument if they only had one spell school and were unable to move around a lot, but adding on that fact and the fact that it can be cast from 40 yards means that 'just interrupt it' is about as useful as saying 'just slow the melee.'

This shit ruins every single BG it is in and you can physically feel the difference between a fight with a mage in it vs one without - the second a mage appears, the entire dynamic of the fight changes. Suddenly it is unwinnable, as you've now no choice but to ignore healers and other DPS and instead fully train the mage, who themselves are quite tanky and nimble. If they aren't around, you can train their healers and punish them and maybe even win the fight.

As someone else pointed out as well, they make tanks worthless, which some might say is a good thing, but not on only one class and not on mages for sure - an already extremely overpowered and over represented class.

This shit needs to be gone in Shadowlands or i will just stop doing BGs entirely.

I've held 70% winrate throughout 10 years since they added achs in wotlk. The second i ventured into BFA, my winrate dropped from 70% winrate at 10,000 bgs, down to 55%. I simply cannot do anything as a healer to stop these mages. I can hard carry against every other DPS in the game, but a mage that made their character yesterday being played by a pensioner will run rings around any of them. I'd rather have 4 rogues on me than deal with 1 mage. I'd rather have 8 hunters on me than deal with 1 mage. Give me multiple of any class and i'll take it over a single fire mage.

- - - Updated - - -

The people who say shit like chaos bolt / greater pyro can't be cast in duels are actual 1100 rating single celled organisms.

You have two fucking casting schools. Literally just cast greater pyro, get kicked, cast polymorph, then cast greater pyro again.

MAGIC. Oh, he trinketed? Just NOVA WITH YOUR THIRD SPELL SCHOOL and rinse and repeat. You literally only have to get this combo off once and you will win. You cannot heal through it - the only thing that stops it are straight immunities, which last for very small amounts of time.
    A healer has no say in that argument. When you will be killable by one dps, you will be allowed to talk about it.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure what to tell you here except that you need to learn to play. You're complaining about a spell that has 4,5 seconds cast time during which mage cannot move, or has to blow charges of shimmer to pull it out. Yes they have partners, but so do you. There are loads of ways to stop that with interrupts and LoS, where LoS is your biggest ally since it forces the mage to use other spells (shimmer) in order to pull the cast out. Yes it deals a lot of damage, but so do other spells.

I just went glancing quickly over 3v3 EU ladder. There were 7 mages in top 100 (two of them are Raiku), 5 are fire, 1 is frost and I wasn't able to open the last one.

There are as much other casters in top 100 which makes mages in line with other.

Greater Pyro might be an issue, but once you mange to learn and coordinate with your partners in stopping them, mage will not be as big problem. Sure, on lower ratings it's easy to pull them out making players believe it's broken, but as soon as you start playing against opponents that know what they're doing, it's a completely different story.

A healer has no say in that argument. When you will be killable by one dps, you will be allowed to talk about it.
    Here comes the 1100 player oh shit, seriously u want to just run upto a healer and solo them? then healers become useless because if 3 dps jump them they'll die instantly why would anyone play a healer, healers are supposed to be focused they're supposed to be tanky so you co-ordinate burst outside their cooldowns to kill them, not just press 3 buttons on your havoc DH and kill them in 6 seconds ffs.

Here comes the 1100 player oh shit, seriously u want to just run upto a healer and solo them? then healers become useless because if 3 dps jump them they'll die instantly why would anyone play a healer, healers are supposed to be focused they're supposed to be tanky so you co-ordinate burst outside their cooldowns to kill them, not just press 3 buttons on your havoc DH and kill them in 6 seconds ffs.
    Like healers and/or tank like to tell ppl, do not play solo as a healer.

And no, healers are not supposed to be tanky. It is how they are designed in wow, but in other mmorpgs that wow comes from (DAOTC, Everquest) healers were not tanky. They were a support class and could not do shit alone.

Healers are tanky because the pvp is balanced (if we can call that balance) around 2v2 and 3v3. But in outdoor content and bgs, they are a nightmare because as soon as you have 2 or 3 healers healing each others, they are unkillable.

Like healers and/or tank like to tell ppl, do not play solo as a healer.

And no, healers are not supposed to be tanky. It is how they are designed in wow, but in other mmorpgs that wow comes from (DAOTC, Everquest) healers were not tanky. They were a support class and could not do shit alone.

Healers are tanky because the pvp is balanced (if we can call that balance) around 2v2 and 3v3. But in outdoor content and bgs, they are a nightmare because as soon as you have 2 or 3 healers healing each others, they are unkillable.
    yeah and you should have 2 or 3, then it comes to cooldown management and CC's and focusing the easiest healer, if you have 1 healer and they have 3 yeah that fight is over but you should have 2 elsewhere in a bg helping you take another node/flag whatever, if the healer numbers are unbalanced thats blizzards fault, can't design a spec around not having any on your team.

Also make healers less tanky = rogue turns up stun healer dies, you gonna offer to play healer? because no1 else is going to play it lol.

yeah and you should have 2 or 3, then it comes to cooldown management and CC's and focusing the easiest healer, if you have 1 healer and they have 3 yeah that fight is over but you should have 2 elsewhere in a bg helping you take another node/flag whatever, if the healer numbers are unbalanced thats blizzards fault, can't design a spec around not having any on your team.

Also make healers less tanky = rogue turns up stun healer dies, you gonna offer to play healer? because no1 else is going to play it lol.
    Well I would not bother with pvp if some bis essences were not locked behind because pvp is a joke anyway in wow (it was and is still a side product). And I would prefer if healers and tanks were outright banned from bg pvp and heavily nerfed in outdoor pvp so the fights would be interesting and FAST. Obv, CC should be nerf across the board for all class. But too much work for a side product.

Well I would not bother with pvp if some bis essences were not locked behind because pvp is a joke anyway in wow (it was and is still a side product). And I would prefer if healers and tanks were outright banned from bg pvp and heavily nerfed in outdoor pvp so the fights would be interesting and FAST. Obv, CC should be nerf across the board for all class. But too much work for a side product.
    then u gotta remove all immunities or that will dominate pvp, basically you want every spec to be 3-4 buttons and have no survival, sounds like a battle royal, go headshot some noobs and have ur fun.

then u gotta remove all immunities or that will dominate pvp, basically you want every spec to be 3-4 buttons and have no survival, sounds like a battle royal, go headshot some noobs and have ur fun.
    I have never said that. Currently, healing dominates pvp and that is so skilled xD Sorry but headshotting ppl in any low grade BR requires more skill than that.

And again, yes, remove immunities, reduce CC overall, remove healers from bg or severaly reduce their effectiveness, and maybe, the pvp in wow will be fun once again.

must be some next level clown to defend abilities like gpyro or gheal in pvp

Healers should never be killable by one DPS. Thats pathetic balance and makes no sense. If a healer can't even hold their own against ONE other player, what is even the point? At that point, playing a healer would be throwing and a waste of a slot.

The only times in the history of WoW have DPS managed to kill healers 1v1 are when either dampening is in effect or massive amounts of overpowered items are used e.g. shadowmourne, gurthalak, vial of shadows. Now, you don't even need to go and gear up. You can literally boost a trial mage and stand still casting greater pyro and they either die or have to leave the area. Either way, you win.

What is this 1400 rating take xD jhahah