Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Feral or DH for world pvp fun?

What would you consider being the better class overall if the focus is world pvp?

10+ Year Old Account
    Both are pretty fun and satisfying to play when doing World PvP and ganking.

Personally I think Feral has the edge due to being able to stealth, shapeshift for mobility (flight form to cat form, vice versa) and to quickly heal. You won't go wrong for choosing either. DH also has mobility, good burst and CC (so does Feral but DH's CC is more reliable) so there's that.

I'd go for Feral since I've played Feral since Cata.
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2020-02-02 at 02:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Druid best class game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    The universe has so many galaxies that even the fucking plot to star wars has a statistical chance to have existed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Ghostcrawler called me up last night and he was all like, "hi." And I was like "I'm...

I poop on every dh i run into, so i'd go feral

Feral is seen by most as pretty terrible at everything else so why not go DH and be a god at every other aspect of the game.

Neither.

Prot paladin. Just /spit and /rude the enemy targets, and fight them until your health is like 10%, and then bubble + hearth. Switch to the enemy faction on a lowbie alt and whisper to call them a pussy and how irl you'd piledrive them into a garbage can until they put you on ignore.

Good times.

Feral and DH.

I'd recommoned to search up soullscape on YT. He plays feral, survival hunter, dh hunter and unholy dk.

They all work and they all might have some broken mechanics. Like insane leech numbers on low lvl mobs in old world content for the DH.

But just look at the essence of vision of perfection mechanic for the feral, it gives king of the jungle procc and this allows swift flightform while in combat. Afaik, Bfa allows flying in all zones, so this is kinda broken.

Thats something you don't see in dalaran arena wargames, as there is no flying allowed, but ferals still can 5-0 matches with bleeds and pillar runs.

But, the real answer is the class you enjoy is the best in wpvp.(or any other content) if you don't enjoy feral gameplay or the numb mechanics of DH it won't help.

From all the classes i played i enjoyed uh dk the most, its just really strong in all pvp situations, but not broken. Hard to beat without a group of players, but it does not feels like cheating, if a clever feral abuses vision of perfection with flightform it will feel like a cheat, that i can gurantee.

DH is still a solid choice, cause you will spent most of your time in mythic+ anyways,and DH is among the best dds for that.

But if you go solo - really use the Tank spec. Havoc is solo way to squishy except you got really good gear and know exactly what you are doing, you will get cc chained and die in form burst dmg, while you are basicly immune to rot/constant dmg due to the leech mechanic in meta.

Well, that warning to go havoc dh solo is more meaned for alliance DHs, you will never be safe in warmode and should never expect to face people alone. So this is your first choice, its the faction.

So other than gameplay fun and in terms of pure effectiveness i would say, DH Horde and Feral Alliance. You got stealth, you rather need people to kill, so faction is meaning something on that part as a swift stealth class.

Well i play both factions for this reasion alone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Neither.

Prot paladin. Just /spit and /rude the enemy targets, and fight them until your health is like 10%, and then bubble + hearth. Switch to the enemy faction on a lowbie alt and whisper to call them a pussy and how irl you'd piledrive them into a garbage can until they put you on ignore.

Good times.
    sounds like a plan, or go rogue and endless cc someone, reset and repeat until your victim logs out, ofc avoid assassin like the plague and take sub or outlaw instead, you don't want to kill your target instantly in a kidney, but cc.

Need to wait for those corrupted gear nerfs, though, even an outlaw can 3-4 shot people and have kill and dmg lead in bgs, just because of that shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Neither.

Good times.
    /Suspiciouslyspecific
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Uko View Post
    Feral is seen by most as pretty terrible at everything else so why not go DH and be a god at every other aspect of the game.
    You forget the premiere content of this patch,Horrific Visions!

They are great in arena war games, too.

Feral imo, they have a stigma about them but unless you're in a world first race you'll be fine providing you play them properly, it will be harder to get similar results to a DH as a feral druid though, so bare that in mind.

For world PvP like you mentioned, the ability to stealth and just avoid an encounter can't be matched, if you see something coming your way you don't want to deal with, just stealth and avoid it. Only one class can easily reveal you, and that's a DH who you can easily outrun when they pop the ability to see stealth.

DH easy! Faceroll as fuuuck!
    Feral is just a joke at this point and I stopped playing it a while back.

3+ Year Old Account
    yeah of course fun

10+ Year Old Account
    Neither.

Good times.
    Just wait til you meet the epic gamer with a magic banana. Bubble hearthers beware.

Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    DH easy! Faceroll as fuuuck!
    Feral is just a joke at this point and I stopped playing it a while back.

Just search for wpvp videos uploaded by soullscape he plays a good geared feral and dh, and feral is clearly the better choice, if you plan to do warmode for some solo fun against the odds - like you are attacking group of players and not do it just 1 by 1, if you fail you can still reset the fight and come back with full hp almost instantly. A DH has more difficulty to pull this off usually needs items such as the glad trinket with the void portal or a clean shadowmeld.

But, i would say DH is ok as horde character, and feral more suited as alliance char. All you want is kills as a stealth class, while without stealth you will get overwhelmed in each shard as alliance, that 30% WM bonus isn't handed out for nothing.

I would base the answer to this question, which one to choose, on the faction i would like to play.

The mobility on Demon Hunter makes it one of the most fun classes to play

Neither.

Good times.
    this guy gets it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    Just search for wpvp videos uploaded by soullscape he plays a good geared feral and dh, and feral is clearly the better choice, if you plan to do warmode for some solo fun against the odds - like you are attacking group of players and not do it just 1 by 1, if you fail you can still reset the fight and come back with full hp almost instantly. A DH has more difficulty to pull this off usually needs items such as the glad trinket with the void portal or a clean shadowmeld.

But, i would say DH is ok as horde character, and feral more suited as alliance char. All you want is kills as a stealth class, while without stealth you will get overwhelmed in each shard as alliance, that 30% WM bonus isn't handed out for nothing.

I would base the answer to this question, which one to choose, on the faction i would like to play.
    1 guy abusing feral lag does not mean the class is good, i know DK that will roll that guy. Feral is a dead class in pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by deathshere View Post
    this guy gets it

- - - Updated - - -

1 guy abusing feral lag does not mean the class is good, i know DK that will roll that guy. Feral is a dead class in pvp.
    what pvp? obviously not in wpvp.

What is feral lag?

Did you watch the guys videos? He uses the feral with tons of resets when overwhelmed, try to reset with a DK, when you are soloing people and a group of geared guys is after you. A feral could even escape from a DH.

He is rather abusing vision of perfection essence.

Lets say in a worst case scenario the feral is dead in everything, but visions and wpvp, his class is still druid and guess what at least 2 of his other specs are the best in other endgame categories, while you are stuck with a dk who is only good in instanced pvp and some wpvp while stuck in an expansion that is solely about pve content. You don't want to see how many gladiators run mythic+ and raids these days and how viable dk specs and dk tanks are in that popular category of the game.

I would say the druid as a class is way better off, merely due to moonkin and his heal spec, while beeing the king in all of wpvp.

There are even some nice and easy to reach corruption weapons in the new raid for the feral and they drop on early bosses....some of that gear alone can do 200k dps in 1 gcd without class abilities.

And the feral still has flightform, insane mobility, stealth, and with essences a way to get out of combat quickly.

I played all those classes and when i play something else than a druid, i can gurantee you its the gameplay and certainly not because i would ever consider druids not the masterclass of wow.

Lets not kid ourselves by prentending otherwise.
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2020-02-19 at 04:58 PM.

You get overwhelmed as horde as well. There's no point in pretending that it doesnt happen when daily there are alliance groups camping quest hubs in the assault zones so we can keep horde from playing the game.

what pvp? obviously not in wpvp.

What is feral lag?

Did you watch the guys videos? He uses the feral with tons of resets when overwhelmed, try to reset with a DK, when you are soloing people and a group of geared guys is after you. A feral could even escape from a DH.

He is rather abusing vision of perfection essence.

Lets say in a worst case scenario the feral is dead in everything, but visions and wpvp, his class is still druid and guess what at least 2 of his other specs are the best in other endgame categories, while you are stuck with a dk who is only good in instanced pvp and some wpvp while stuck in an expansion that is solely about pve content. You don't want to see how many gladiators run mythic+ and raids these days and how viable dk specs and dk tanks are in that popular category of the game.

I would say the druid as a class is way better off, merely due to moonkin and his heal spec, while beeing the king in all of wpvp.

There are even some nice and easy to reach corruption weapons in the new raid for the feral and they drop on early bosses....some of that gear alone can do 200k dps in 1 gcd without class abilities.

And the feral still has flightform, insane mobility, stealth, and with essences a way to get out of combat quickly.

I played all those classes and when i play something else than a druid, i can gurantee you its the gameplay and certainly not because i would ever consider druids not the masterclass of wow.

Lets not kid ourselves by prentending otherwise.
    you obviously do not play this game.

Balance is one of the worst PvP specs in the game, all it has is starsurge, it has no utility, its heals are nerfed, and if you don't have the right azerite talents, you are dead.

" Feral still has flight form " Flight form can't be used in combat, and if you have to root and fly away you've essentially are saying i can't win,and if they break the root, good luck running, Mobility is a void point since everyone has mobility, heal you get free sprint potions from bg's, plenty of 150% move speed potions in the A.H azerite talents that give movement speed don't know who you're pvp'ing because it sound like you're fighting casuals or 2 v 2 arena jockeys who have a healer on them at all times.

Oh and if you think Feral Druid has more Mobility than a Demon Hunter you seem to forget that D.H move at a faster speed from mastery 100% of the time, can charge twice, leap with metal, have a talented charge ability , snare talent and the ability to heal off all damage they do with leech. All they have to do is kill a critter and they get like 40% or more of their health back.
    soul scape playing D.H https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVv-RjgTaKM
    Last edited by deathshere; 2020-02-19 at 05:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deathshere View Post
    this guy gets itFeral is a dead class in pvp.
    Feral is not "dead". It is one of the strongest 1v1 classes in the game when you have open space (wPVP). For arenas it's probably mid-tier, but it does have a spot in a top-tier comp (jungle).

With that said, Demon Hunter is just as strong if not stronger, and is stronger in most other aspects of the game. So...