Thread: Greater pyro

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Healers should never be killable by one DPS. Thats pathetic balance and makes no sense. If a healer can't even hold their own against ONE other player, what is even the point? At that point, playing a healer would be throwing and a waste of a slot.

The only times in the history of WoW have DPS managed to kill healers 1v1 are when either dampening is in effect or massive amounts of overpowered items are used e.g. shadowmourne, gurthalak, vial of shadows. Now, you don't even need to go and gear up. You can literally boost a trial mage and stand still casting greater pyro and they either die or have to leave the area. Either way, you win.

What is this 1400 rating take xD jhahah
    You do realize that in 1v1, you won't kill someone, and especially a healer, with a spam of greater pyro? The healer will kill you before you can kill him with that.

And yes, a healer should die to a single dps. A healer is a support class hence it is need support to stay alive against aggression but keep alive the member of his group. Arena is not the only kind of pvp. And anyway, healers should at least not be in 2v2 or a 2v2 comp only dps should not be matched against a comp with a healer.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    Good luck silencing that pyro when a rogue stuns/gouges/blinds you and bye bye 33% of your health, good mages get the great pyro off, then blast out the several instant crits to score kills, you just watch your damage get healed up.
    Well, I don't know about you, but being stunlocked by a rogue would be around the time that I would either ask for support from my teammates or pop a trinket to get away.

Quote Originally Posted by KitchenHeat View Post
    Well, I don't know about you, but being stunlocked by a rogue would be around the time that I would either ask for support from my teammates or pop a trinket to get away.
    lmao get away from a rogue/mage, so what imaginary fucking spec are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    lmao get away from a rogue/mage, so what imaginary fucking spec are you?
    One that isn't dead yet, I suppose.

Today i learned that a 4,5 second cast that can be los'd, interrupted stunned, immuned etc. apparently is overpowered because it deals 35% of the targets hp.

And players wonder why WoW's pvp is a joke and afterthought.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    You do realize that in 1v1, you won't kill someone, and especially a healer, with a spam of greater pyro? The healer will kill you before you can kill him with that.
    You must be the worst mage to ever pvp if you can't kill a healer spamming gpyro. Holy shit lol. Literally one counter spell then a dragons breath, cycle through that and kill em on the second go around.

Do you play wow using a steering wheel and voice commands?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caprias View Post
    Today i learned that a 4,5 second cast that can be los'd, interrupted stunned, immuned etc. apparently is overpowered because it deals 35% of the targets hp.

And players wonder why WoW's pvp is a joke and afterthought.
    Guess its today you'll also learn that mages have a spammable CC on a secondary spell school, a nova, a slow and a cone disorientate and that they can blink while casting.

Another tip - you can press 'm' to open your map.

You must be the worst mage to ever pvp if you can't kill a healer spamming gpyro. Holy shit lol. Literally one counter spell then a dragons breath, cycle through that and kill em on the second go around.

- - - Updated - - -

Guess its today you'll also learn that mages have a spammable CC on a secondary spell school, a nova, a slow and a cone disorientate and that they can blink while casting.

It seems we do not play against the same level of healers. Mine do not let me kill them so easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    It seems we do not play against the same level of healers. Mine do not let me kill them so easily.
    I'm a 2450 rated healer - what rating are you? Also 68.4% winrate in random bgs. You?

- - - Updated - - -

Well maybe that is op and not the spell itself

Quote Originally Posted by Caprias View Post
    Well maybe that is op and not the spell itself
    Oh it's OP, don't worry

Ambiguous provide turn- key web development services that add value to your businesses.
    We are the best web development company in India that provides quality rich,
    high end web products to enhance your business with insightful planning.

- - - Updated - - -

Ambiguous provide turn- key web development services that add value to your businesses.

- - - Updated - - -

url]

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

gpyro is op against people who have no brain cells, ill allow it.

pre-pop a wall at the right time and you may survive

Quote Originally Posted by keldarepewpew View Post
    gpyro is op against people who have no brain cells, ill allow it.
    then people that are stuck in cc, have no brain, poor things.

Healers should never be killable by one DPS. Thats pathetic balance and makes no sense. If a healer can't even hold their own against ONE other player, what is even the point? At that point, playing a healer would be throwing and a waste of a slot.
    Because, like any other game that has a healer role (fps, moba, arts, etc) the healer might be vulnerable to being 1v1'd, but their kit combined with the support of their allies (who they support and thereby receive support back from) is what stops them from dying. WoW PvP's biggest issues (or one of them, anyway) is the raw power of healers and how they just grossly prolong fights because no one dies.

You express such a gross misunderstanding of game design that it's insulting you think you could lecture someone else on it.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Because, like any other game that has a healer role (fps, moba, arts, etc) the healer might be vulnerable to being 1v1'd, but their kit combined with the support of their allies (who they support and thereby receive support back from) is what stops them from dying. WoW PvP's biggest issues (or one of them, anyway) is the raw power of healers and how they just grossly prolong fights because no one dies.

You express such a gross misunderstanding of game design that it's insulting you think you could lecture someone else on it.
    You're comparing mobas, FPS etc to WoW, where a single healer has to be responsible to healing 10 people in some cases, alone.

If you feel insulted by me lecturing you about how simple minded you are on WoW's pvp game design, then let me sincerely tell you that i hope you feel like a single celled organism, writhing about in your dad's balls by the end of this post.

Tell me a single MMO where pvp is even 1/100th the size of WoW's. Now tell me if that same MMO has supports that can hold their weight when not being carried.

You can't. In every other MMO, they either don't have supports, or the supports are weak and people just stop using them entirely outside of premade content. In the instances of MMOs well known for having good pvp, what do you know, supports that are tanky make their return to the conversation, such as in GW1. Notice how no one even mentions GW2's pvp. Why is that? Its because everyone is as tanky as an unholy dk, running around vibrating against each other. What solved this in GW1 was that a healer was always within range and said healer would have the best reflexes of anyone on the team and could save people fast with powerful spells, exactly like in WoW.

Of *course* the healer is tanky. There aren't even peels in the game to get 3 spellcasters off a healer's ass. Of *course* they need to be able to tank 1 dps. You are actually so far gone if you don't agree with this.

I'd love to see your pvp ratings and experience too. Holy shit, this whole conversation reeks of "i queued 2v2 arena to 1100 rating as double dps because 'healerz r for noobz, im a rogue lel xd' and then after 50 games at 50% winrate, i tilted because i'm too shit to form a simple CC rotation while i kill healers at 1400 mmr."

Please prove me wrong, but i doubt you can. On top of that, let me just pour an entire bag of salt onto that fresh wound - realise that right now, yes, right now, people are getting to top 100 ranks in 2v2 by playing double dps.

Now, ask yourself this question - do you, a 1400 mmr, 1100 rated player with 40-50% winrate after hundreds of games at a 10th percentile rating, have even the faintest idea of how classes play at the high end, enough at least, to start telling those same players that its WRONG that they have enough skill to 1v1 or 1v2 or 1v3.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    then people that are stuck in cc, have no brain, poor things.
    In MoP i remember pointing out that warlock was going to be broken thanks to having a chaos bolt that hit for half of your hp. People called me a noob at the time "no way you can get a 2 second cast off!"

........annnnnnd then warlocks became the undisputed kings of MoP PvP, as destro, spamming chaos bolts, in arena, at BlizzCon.

Simple fact of the matter is, they could literally make a spell that has a 10 second cast and once finished, it kills all enemies in 40 yards. People would still get it off all the time. People are just good at the game man. Its way easier to cast spells and get in a hard to reach location than it is to run across no man's land, while being CC'd, to interrupt it.

This thread is filled with people that have 200,000 hks yet play arena at 1300 MMR and think hunter is op.

In MoP i remember pointing out that warlock was going to be broken thanks to having a chaos bolt that hit for half of your hp. People called me a noob at the time "no way you can get a 2 second cast off!"

........annnnnnd then warlocks became the undisputed kings of MoP PvP, as destro, spamming chaos bolts, in arena, at BlizzCon.

Simple fact of the matter is, they could literally make a spell that has a 10 second cast and once finished, it kills all enemies in 40 yards. People would still get it off all the time. People are just good at the game man. Its way easier to cast spells and get in a hard to reach location than it is to run across no man's land, while being CC'd, to interrupt it.

This thread is filled with people that have 200,000 hks yet play arena at 1300 MMR and think hunter is op.
    MoP was a far better pvp game than Bfa, though and its only problem was merely that classes were almost immortal they had plenty of def and cc along with pvp resilence, you thought Destro lock was op? here is the rdruid with symbosis. Burst like that of s12 warriors and later destro locks was needed to keep such immortal healers at bay. Symbiosis eleminated the weakness to stuns that druids had as this gave usally an immunity like paladin bubble or mage iceblock along with their other impressive survial tools and insane mobility.

s12 demo lock was even more comical than later the destruction lock he could kill a battlegroup in rbgs on certain choke points alone with dark soul and 2 chaos waves all in pvp gear.(the lock and his opponents) That one was outrageous and quickly nerfed later, so you later only heard of destro locks 1-2 shotting people.

But in BfA - everything is bursty now even an outlaw rogue and maybe even tanks/heals with infinite stars corruption and tentacles + cerain raid burst trinkets.

Now, with the absorb mage shields lowered that might reduce some of fire mages power in (arena, but not bg))pvp combined with the burst coming from corruption gear, because if everyone can 2 shot people the game must be about survival and escape mechanics.

WoW pvp is in a pretty weird state right now - might not be worth to put much thoughts in "xy class is op" topics, when we have a corrupt mess like this in 8.3.

I made a quick view on the current r1 players of each class and its comical to see their gear have all either tentacle procs(tier3) or infinite stars(tier3) and how much pve they all did to achieve that, with multiple mythic+15 runs and raid clears.

This game needs a new direction this one does not lead to any kind of pvp. At this point even legion had better systems for pvp, even if it was boring to have no trinkets and template stats, at least it did not force heavy pve grinds on everyone and was way more alt friendly in 7.3.

The best systems had MoP and then WoD. Don't fix what aint broken.

Really why would blizz nerf all the mages absorb shields and not pyro in a patch?

Because, they now nerf in pvp with corruption gear in mind. Devs want to keep the bursty meta and reduce survival.

Its the only way how to explain: demonic armor nerf on affliction lock, mage absorb nerf on frost mage, and finally DS nerf on frost dk.

And these global and crude nerfs do require a full pvp dev team? Really?!

They better have real good plans for SL PvP/class design, to justify those.
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2020-02-28 at 05:32 PM.

Bad post
    Rarely do you see someone who is both as long winded and as wrong as this.

it's only broken when you chose to either trinket the 5 second stun, the 8 second blind, or the 8 second sap and the mage can shimmer away twice to make sure one lands then they combust with instant casts until you're dead.

I know 2s are inherently unbalanced, but gpie is toxic for that bracket.