Poll: Mega Expansion

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

How would you feel about a "Mega Expansion"

I think we can all say that the expansion system does refresh the game, but Blizzard have only ever really minimally dipped into more extreme or larger projects. How would you feel about a mega-expansion - an expansion with huge development time (4 years) which would be able to come with a large vast continent similar to the size of original Azeroth, many dungeons, a well developed story etc. -- I think something like this would do a lot better for Blizz in the long run.

How do you feel? Vote in the Poll!

Quote Originally Posted by visualdave View Post
    I think we can all say that the expansion system does refresh the game, but Blizzard have only ever really minimally dipped into more extreme or larger projects. How would you feel about a mega-expansion - an expansion with huge development time (4 years) which would be able to come with a large vast continent similar to the size of original Azeroth, many dungeons, a well developed story etc. -- I think something like this would do a lot better for Blizz in the long run.

There is no poll

when blizzard made wow they were still 3 guys in a garage and they made a 150 billion$ game and it took them 3 months.

youre saying that blizzard right now, a company of 100 thousand people, needs 9 months to create a single zone with a boss fight that has 2 mechanics and is just pay irl money to win lootbox and so you can farm more ap?

blizz shills

That would just mean for years we would be without content. How is that better?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    when blizzard made wow they were still 3 guys in a garage and they made a 150 billion$ game and it took them 3 months.

youre saying that blizzard right now, a company of 100 thousand people, needs 9 months to create a single zone with a boss fight that has 2 mechanics and is just pay irl money to win lootbox and so you can farm more ap?

blizz shills
    What are you trying to say?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Blizzard did all of Cataclysm in less time than 4 years with significantly less staff. They need to get their heads out of their asses and get back to making good expansions and patches.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

blizz shills
    Amazing. Every word of what you just said is completely wrong.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    It sounds good on paper but I think people would get fatigued from the same theme (as they did with orcs in WoD, or demons/fel green in Legion). Imagine that, but twice as long. Or maybe they want to make large changes to class design, but that's inconvenient and harder to do mid-expansion.

Assuming you don't want 4 years of the exact same theme and design, then you'd end up with major changes mid-mega-expansion, which is basically the same as two expansions with an overarching, linked story, which is what we have now.

I would, however, prefer expansion stories to be linked more closely so we don't have random jumps between orcs to demons to old gods. What if we had a 2-3 expansion long campaign against some baddie? Like expansion 1 is pushing them back from Azeroth, expansion 2 is chasing them in space/other worlds, and expansion 3 is fighting them on their home world?
    Quote Originally Posted by Akhlys View Post
    Once upon a time, boats were full of leaks. Now, our leaks are full of boats.

10+ Year Old Account

blizz shills
    If its as easy as you profess, where is your game?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

15+ Year Old Account

blizz shills
    This has to be a troll post right?
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

would we have up to 8 major patches inbetween? If we get a 3 year content drought, then absolutely no. 1 year is already way too excessive to justify my sub.

If they somehow magically managed to make 8 high quality major patches? absolutely.

Sadly I can't vote yes, because blizzard doesn't have my trust to do something like that anymore.
    Last edited by zlygork; 2020-01-27 at 01:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

blizz shills
    Imagine being that guy.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

blizz shills
    If this is serious wt ever living fuck

But im 90% sure this is a troll post so 0/10

blizz shills
    3 guys in a garage? What drugs are you taking? You know the credits for vanilla WoW are still in the game, right? You can check who worked on every expansion at any time.

I probably just fell for a troll post.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

It's unfair from us to expect an Indie company to operate in such terms. We should be glad with the mediocre product we receive, they do their best.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biske View Post
    3 guys in a garage? What drugs are you taking? You know the credits for vanilla WoW are still in the game, right? You can check who worked on every expansion at any time.

Is it really falling for it if we are just calling it out?
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    At that point wouldn't it be its own game/start of a new series? Not that i'd object, i'm amazed they've stuck with the spaghetti code as long as they have. Most of the big studio games take around this long to develop anyway.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

A 4 year expansion means waiting 4 years for that nonsense to come out, so no thanks. It isn't like they would inflate the development team to put in that much time and still pump out quality content while that was happening over that time. I'd rather they employ more people and spend time with quality employees working under a normal time frame. If nothing else what people would want in the first months of development of this 4 year plan would not be the same at the end of that window. It would also limit what the live version of the game could do knowing it was book ended by this other content.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Biske View Post

Shit the credits for Warcraft 1 is still around....

https://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/w...humans/credits

The only way they could pull this off would be a staff increase, and the new team works on a major expac, while the other team works on the current cycle and of course some seriously good planning storywise.... as the long term team would be writing stuff that takes place 2 normal expacs in the future.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Don't trust modern Blizzard at all. 4 years of dev time to poop out another bad expac will be the end of WoW.
    Hi Sephurik