Poll: Mega Expansion

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    Then a .5 has slim to almost no chance of happening realistically. Not counting pre-patch ofc.
    oh yeah, the further back go we from november, slimmer the chance.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    when blizzard made wow they were still 3 guys in a garage and they made a 150 billion$ game and it took them 3 months.

youre saying that blizzard right now, a company of 100 thousand people, needs 9 months to create a single zone with a boss fight that has 2 mechanics and is just pay irl money to win lootbox and so you can farm more ap?

blizz shills
    Rofl nice bait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly they need to do something. Their current direction is not working anymore. They aren't making expansions to last anymore and that is a serious problem. They tie way too many new systems to specific expansions so when they don't work it breaks the entire thing. They need to focus on making systems in WoW that work and are more or less evergreen and then focus on what the expansion should have.

There is no reason that everything of consequence you do in game should feed into the current expansions end game. There is very little side content to do to keep people busy and most of it is tied to old expansions. I don't know how to fix it since i'm not a game developer but with the state that 8.3 is in right now and there not being a 8.3.5......9.0 better be fucking immaculate.

It would make more sense to make a full on "WoW 2". Which is something I think needs to happen in the next 5 years.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by visualdave View Post
    I think we can all say that the expansion system does refresh the game, but Blizzard have only ever really minimally dipped into more extreme or larger projects. How would you feel about a mega-expansion - an expansion with huge development time (4 years) which would be able to come with a large vast continent similar to the size of original Azeroth, many dungeons, a well developed story etc. -- I think something like this would do a lot better for Blizz in the long run.

How do you feel? Vote in the Poll!
    TBH at this point they could just make WoW 2. The problem with xpacks is they carry the same gameplay from the previous version, and WoW's gameplay is one of its biggest flaw. The tab target system was outdated during the production of vanilla and we're still stuck with it, it's extremely limiting for creating fun fighting mechanics and insanely reduces the skill ceiling because too much stuff is "automatic" which is why WoW PvP is considered a joke by everyone who doesn't PvP (literally PvP in WoW is an echo chamber of people who don't understand they're being laughed at and they still wonder why arena tournaments have a microscopic prize pool).

There's so many little things going wrong in the game right now that the best course of action would be making a new game from scratch, no amount of development time on a new xpack can save this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    they had enough time for projects like this. i take anything, that does not involve mindless AP grind, systems no one wants or 4 categories of the same raid.
    wow is boring, because they only drench mechanics instead of developing new ones.

Would be nice if we ignored everything required to make it happen, but it's simply not economically viable in reality.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    won't it be a sequel more accurate ?
    Also they worked hard on wow only in last year, but wow took far more than just 4 years to make, in fact they were working on wow in same time as wc3 if u didn't know, it was side project in infant days of internet but still they were gathering ideas since minimum 1999
    well 4 years would fit a mega expansion description, but doubt they will ever do that
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Resheph View Post
    Wow,did you use the wrong expansion as an example...
    You might dislike Cataclysm, but most people don't hate Cataclysm. It was a strong expansion and subs didn't drop drastically until Warlords.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

yes a WOW.2 with unreal like graphics and less cartoony stuff.
    I would also root for a solid VR MMORPG game with lots of movement involved.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dapower View Post
    yes a WOW.2 with unreal like graphics and less cartoony stuff.
    I would also root for a solid VR MMORPG game with lots of movement involved.
    *Looks at WC3 Reforged*

Yeah good luck with that one.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    *Looks at WC3 Reforged*

Yeah good luck with that one.
    yeah that made me realize why I haven't resubbed in years... blizz is eaten up by some publisher's crap opinion, its obvious...

Having expansion every 2 year is very doable if you have a motivated and dedicated team without the corporate bullshit hassle. Pay the people a nice salary and give them some nice extras. It is so simple that this is the way to get a company working effortless. But it seems that the devs and game director dont have a spine when facing Activision. Let me give you an example, if during an audit the accountant finds out that his customer is doing some stupid crap, then the accountant has two choices.

1: bend and look to the other way, but someone will find out about this and this will ruin the accountants credibility.
    2: Dont bend and you might lose the client, but you retain your credibility.

In the management of Blizzard you can definitely see that they are bending backwards so much that they are hitting the floor with their heads. Compare it with CD project management, they definitely have a spine and won't take crap from anyone. Even the writer doesnt take shit from SJW.

You can give blizzard decades and they still will give you a faulty product.

But its nice to speculate what would happen IF blizzard never had lost their dedication. Having an expansion every 4 years would be awesome. Why? Then they could definitely split their teams more easily, one does only the patches and monitors the feedback of the players. The main team does the expansion and gets feedback from the patch team.

An expansion every 2 year is a bit outdated. You cant cram every single lore important material in an expansion thats been build in 2 years. There are just too many characters that have been introduced during WoW long run. A remedy is to make the expansions every 4 year which are massive with 8 patches. But like I said, its not possible for Blizzard anymore.

Unfortunately as things stand the game would not survive such a development time. And half might even find the mega expansion boring. What if it was another mop or cata. ugh. It'd have to be something truly good, but blizzard have done away with all their interesting villains so whats left?

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Doesn't it already take 4 years to develop an x-pac? I mean...didn't they say, when they announce an x-pac, they are already working on the next after that?

But whatever - even if you give them the 4 years to work on one x-pac...what happens to the current? PPl will want their 8 months patch cycle and as it is already some complain how the patches we get have "no content"

...and what makes you think taking 4 years guarantees a story, mechanics, class design etc that ppl like? Any feature that ever has been in the game has been criticised...because millions of players have thousands different tastes.

Well...I guess it would be possible, because they only have to hire you and listen to you. And why wouldn't they...because in the end it will make the company more money. And apperantly that is what Blizzard / Activision is all about. More $$$. That has been established on this forum. So why would a company act against their interests?

In fact...I guess any company competing with Blizzard should hire you and it will guarantee a massively successful game that will kill WoW ^^
    YES, they should hire me. OMG, the amount of me flipping activision off at meetings would be as high as their sales.

Quote Originally Posted by visualdave View Post
    I think we can all say that the expansion system does refresh the game, but Blizzard have only ever really minimally dipped into more extreme or larger projects. How would you feel about a mega-expansion - an expansion with huge development time (4 years) which would be able to come with a large vast continent similar to the size of original Azeroth, many dungeons, a well developed story etc. -- I think something like this would do a lot better for Blizz in the long run.

How do you feel? Vote in the Poll!
    So you want them to release the expansion in full and completed?

As someone who joined the game towards the later half of the Burning Crusades life cycle after everything was released. It was an absolute pleasure going through the entire content and completing everything. I didn't need to wait for unfinished this, time gating that. It was a good time.
    Last edited by Biggles Worth; 2020-02-02 at 03:38 PM.