Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    having 5 factions only divides the community. it sounds too complex. i thought bfa was concluding the faction war. idk though.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

It would have been an unholy clusterfuck, it was hard enough to find a faction everyone wanted to play on back then, imagining splitting the playerbase 5 ways, it would have never worked.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Why split the playerbase? You can let people group together for all pve content. Any splitting of the playerbase is more than is needed.
    I took that as the premise here, because what other use would it serve within the game as we know it? Reduce the pool of available quests further? Unless you go for the divide it's just some rando factions.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Blood elves should not be alliance.
    Forsaken/bloodelves/naga/broken.
    With a story focus on scourge then legion. Those are their main enemies.

Alliance would go against black dragons / ragnaros
    Those are their main enemies.

Horde against hakkar / dta.
    Trolls and night elves are heavily linked to them.

Guilds could be cross faction as actual group of adventurers.
    Pvp against everyone from the other factions. But not against guild members or members from allied guilds. Making guilds and alliances interesting.
    Last edited by Tarba; 2020-01-27 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Proper Ninja View Post
    having 5 factions only divides the community. it sounds too complex. i thought bfa was concluding the faction war. idk though.
    Ha yeah. I wished too, but it seems that it won't happen yet x)

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I took that as the premise here, because what other use would it serve within the game as we know it? Reduce the pool of available quests further? Unless you go for the divide it's just some rando factions.
    The only purpose of more factions is more playable options and a richer universe, thanks to the many point of views the stories will offer. So yeah, it's not something I thought for PVE or PVP players. I mostly did it for the players interested in the universe and what race diversity it has to offer !

Quote Originally Posted by Tarba View Post
    Blood elves should not be alliance.
    Forsaken/bloodelves/naga/broken.
    With a story focus on scourge then legion. Those are their main enemies.
    I see, so more like of an Illidan and peers faction ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    I saw "new race: wildhammer dwarves" so I'm sold.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

If guilds could choose to be inter-factional or be factional, with LFD and LFR pulling from all factions, I don’t think multiple factions is too bad an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    I see, so more like of an Illidan and peers faction ?
    Yeah. They have the lich king as a main common enemy and threat. Forsaken and bloodelves for obvious reasons. They are the first line of the next assault of the scourge and they endured the most. They are somewhat linked.

Nagas and broken could be pressed on by kiljaeden or having a debt toward illidan, whose soul could be trapped in frostmourne.
    His half demon nature while in frostmourn could be used to something. Like finding Intel on the lichking creation and a way to weaken him plus something against the legion for the next part.
    There was so much more potential than putting them all as evil lootbox
    Last edited by Tarba; 2020-01-27 at 05:03 PM.