Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by thunterman View Post
    Technically it is, but that's just exacerbated the issue instead of removing it lol. All these people using RIO as a metric and they have no idea how it even works currently. I get shafted becasue I only play on weekends, I've gotta push a 19+ in time (S3) to even get a score at all. Wheras plebs running 10's on reset day get a glorious 1.2K RIO and think they are gods.

They really should just straight up kill API access to the armory/M+ leaderboards, that would instantly stop RIO dead. Sims can still work becasue you'd just do a SIMC import (which I do anyway because it's faster)
    Mate, they changed that metric for top 1000 like a year ago... armory shows the top 10000 in the stat list meaning if you run anything below maybe a 2-3 then it wouldn’t show if you’re on God Tier realms like Illidan or some EU Method realm: otherwise, no offense, you’re 1900+ score for running 19’s in time would eaaaaaaasily show or your 1000 io score for your 10’s in time

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    I still have ilvl 440, I would just assume we can burst low keys tbh, and woulden't need a R.io.
    Not at all, because it's the end all be all. If I actually got credited for my runs I'd of been 1800-1900 ish RIO in S3. I Timed every dungeon at 15, some at higher, but my RIO was actually 0, because none of those runs count on a saturday / sunday on my high pop server.

Shit, I remember the weeks when my usual team weren't availible, I'd have to pug a 10+ for the cache, I'd not get an invite, even if I linked keystone master... because RIO. It's a damn cancer for someone like me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Not at all, because it's the end all be all. If I actually got credited for my runs I'd of been 1800-1900 ish RIO in S3. I Timed every dungeon at 15, some at higher, but my RIO was actually 0, because none of those runs count on a saturday / sunday on my high pop server.

Shit, I remember the weeks when my usual team weren't availible, I'd have to pug a 10+ for the cache, I'd not get an invite, even if I linked keystone master... because RIO. It's a damn cancer for someone like me.
    Link me your armory, lets loop Dratnos in this mofo

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    Mate, they changed that metric for top 1000 like a year ago... armory shows the top 10000 in the stat list meaning if you run anything below maybe a 2-3 then it wouldn’t show if you’re on God Tier realms like Illidan or some EU Method realm: otherwise, no offense, you’re 1900+ score for running 19’s in time would eaaaaaaasily show or your 1000 io score for your 10’s in time
    Blizzard infact changed it a year ago, but FROM what your saying TO the current state. The leaderboard showed the top 200, but the API recorded (seemingly) ALL M+ runs, which RIO had access to, EVERY M+ run in legion was recorded. This made RIO a fairly accurate metric. Right now, the leaderboard shows the top 100, and the API is capped at 500. On EU-Kazzak, the entry point for ranking mid S3 was 18/19 most weeks by saturday afternoon.

The purpose of the change was to castrate RIO, in the hope that it's use would be limited to the S tier M+ players. The bluepost explaining said changes STATED that. Blizzard is anti RIO.

Blizzard infact changed it a year ago, but FROM what your saying TO the current state. The leaderboard showed the top 200, but the API recorded (seemingly) ALL M+ runs, which RIO had access to, EVERY M+ run in legion was recorded. This made RIO a fairly accurate metric. Right now, the leaderboard shows the top 100, and the API is capped at 500. On EU-Kazzak, the entry point for ranking mid S3 was 18/19 most weeks by saturday afternoon.

The purpose of the change was to castrate RIO, in the hope that it's use would be limited to the S tier M+ players. The bluepost explaining said changes STATED that. Blizzard is anti RIO.
    Got a link to that post? Would be interesting if true.

Go ahead and post a link to that. Your eyes are brown.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    I still have ilvl 440, I would just assume we can burst low keys tbh, and woulden't need a R.io.
    You sound like someone with a very low score for a reason. You're still going to die and slow down the group even on low keys.

Technically it is, but that's just exacerbated the issue instead of removing it lol. All these people using RIO as a metric and they have no idea how it even works currently. I get shafted becasue I only play on weekends, I've gotta push a 19+ in time (S3) to even get a score at all. Wheras plebs running 10's on reset day get a glorious 1.2K RIO and think they are gods.

They really should just straight up kill API access to the armory/M+ leaderboards, that would instantly stop RIO dead. Sims can still work becasue you'd just do a SIMC import (which I do anyway because it's faster)
    A certain fucking irony for a clueless person to say other people don't know how it works. I just talked to them on the rio discord and you're full of shit. Even if your run does not make the top 500 for the dungeon on any of the players' realms it will still get picked up off your armory. i think your score is low because you're bad, not because of your made up reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    A certain fucking irony for a clueless person to say other people don't know how it works. I just talked to them on the rio discord and you're full of shit. Even if your run does not make the top 500 for the dungeon on any of the players' realms it will still get picked up off your armory. i think your score is low because you're bad, not because of your made up reason.
    I’m trying to find the blue post about the api, its basically a post from the beginning of Season 2 BFA M+ that states the API shows (unless I’m losing it) around the top 5000-10000 - its tru that it does one PHYSICALLy show 500 but the api on rio goes deeper and shows at least the top 5000-10000 which in turn for most realms is actually almost every single run above 2-3 , I just cant find the post. Anyway - 100% the RIO discord is spot on, most of my guilds been chain running six’s this week and every single one shows up: also we are on the most populated RIO realm in the world (Illidan NA)

- - - Updated - - -

Here you go fam

https://raider.io/mythic-plus/realms/eu/current

I'm glad last 2 weeks I only ran keys with guildies and friends. "R.io" would not exist if majority of pug players weren't incompetent freeloaders that overestimate their value and ragequit the key the moment it doesn't go perfectly "smooth".

Especially with the new obelisk affix the meta isn't formed yet and people aren't certain what's the optimal ways of handling them. I'd rather do that with people I know so if we test something it backfires and we wipe, we'd laugh at it, instead of having some prick drop the group because we ruined his perfect run.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Btw, tomorrow is the last day of the week..

kazzak eu shows 8 at the highest seated for rio which is very doable, and the only reason its that high is because method alone has chain run more m+ than most people will do the entire expansion to get specialty rings etc. Anyway, I get what you mean but just remember that the reset is tomorrow for us in NA and the weekend is long passed, the ranking would of been lower by many numbers past saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by monkaTOS View Post
    It also wouldn't exist if Blizzard stopped being lazy and actually added some basic filtering tools for the group creator.
    I don't think it's laziness, it's their philosophy.

They want to shift the responsibility for "excluding poor casuals" and "elitism" to the community rather than provide info about player experience, performance and leaver rate. They want to provide content that is challenging enough that "everybody welcome" is not a good approach (contrary to say: world boss), but they don't want to take responsibility for people crying they get excluded based on Blizzard-provided metrics. They once tried to "filter out the shitters" by putting proving grounds: silver requirement before you queue for a dungeon, they got rivers of tears and massive backlash from players that were incompetent enough to pass that test but still felt entitled to participate in group content where they'll likely be a burden on others.

Since then they basically shifted the whole responsibility for matchmaking into the hands of the playerbase, for any content that is harder than lfr. So people can blame the group leaders / keyholders for "elitism" but when the roles are reversed and they have to pick party members, they behave exactly the same.

That guy who complained who can't get into +6? Why doesn't he grind his key up and make his own groups? From +2 to +6 is very short way, it's not like you have to undertake some humongous grind. Then he can pick people on whatever criteria he wants, even what's the first letter of their name.

My score is currently 0, because I don't play. I was 1700~ for S3, but only 600 in S2 and S1 while doing the same sort of keys. This is only because I ran keys on weekdays while off work during S3. Doing some research, it appears that armory display of M+ runs has only just been added as of S4. Something I was unaware of - as I said, I'm not currently playing.

I guess this makes the system vastly better now, not perfect ofcourse, but still more accurate than it was for BFA S1 and 2, because frankly, it wasn't an indication of skill during those periods, it was an indication of who had availibility on weekdays. I'm more accepting of RIO when it works, it was usefull in Legion, and it looks like it will work the same now, but quite frankly, they should of ended service in BFA, they knew it was defunct.

-snip-
    The post I was refering to was during early days (possibly even beta) of BFA. If it changed during S2/3 transition, it would explain why my score tripled while doing the same keys in S3.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Got a link to that post? Would be interesting if true.
    3 pages of google, can't find it. It was BFA beta I'm pretty certain, during pre-patch perhaps, IDK exactly. It seems from what others have said they've backtracked on their stance, which is why I can't find it I guess.

Link me your armory, lets loop Dratnos in this mofo
    Refer to previous comments, my armory is only displaying S4 runs, of which there is none. It doesn't show any of the thousands of runs from S1 /2 /3

I have over 400 10+ runs of TD from S1 alone on my DK (farming the 2 weps) and 200+ on my DH (same thing) These are not shown there either.

RIO has tracked the random 15 siege I did last week (S3 post season) but the armory has not. I think I see what's happened, blizz has opened up the API more at some point in S3, as someone else had said to me - which I've not noticed, now the armory is tracking runs as of S4. Again, RIO should work as intended if so, but it hasn't been for season 1,2 and I presume some of 3. Regardless of what they say on their discord, IDGAF. That is how it was working for the majority of BFA, and It has fucked me out of getting pugs on the rare occasion I needed too.

Overall, I still think RIO shares in the toxic "Gearscore" mentality that is unhealthy for the game and the people that play it, I'd rather see it burn, but I'ts bearable if it functions.
    Last edited by thunterman; 2020-01-27 at 09:04 PM.

Overall, I still think RIO shares in the toxic "Gearscore" mentality that is unhealthy for the game and the people that play it, I'd rather see it burn, but I'ts bearable if it functions.
    There's no r.io / gearscore mentality that is tied to these addons. There's just an overwhelming mentality of path of least resistance and that's not something you can weed out. Majority of pugs are basic conflict of human interests where the leader wants to get himself boosted by players more competent than himself, while applicants want to get into groups where they're the ones being carried and not the ones doing the carrying.

In the basic economy of demand and supply, the leaders are in short supply because people are too lazy to put the groups together, so the sparse leaders can dictate the rules. Next level are the tanks and healers that can be in a short supply. After that are classes considered somewhat necessary to a successful run, like warlock for a raid pug (summons shorten the time needed to swap people) or rogues for m+. After that are all the random dpsers who are in extreme oversupply so they'll face the harshest filters.

By the rule of demand and supply the requirements stop growing once there isn't enough supply and the group starts being too slow to fill (which can cause even already joined members to leave and collapse the group). If the requirements are "too high" that's only because enough players of that role actually fulfill them and still join (this is important because for example I fulfill requirements for lfr but haven't joined one since I dunno... Dazar'alor for tailoring pattern on an alt?)

Content being flooded by overgeared / overqualified players is usually a factor of that content giving rewards beyond the difficulty / gear level of that content. That's the only problem with Blizzard's design, but unfortunately they do it on purpose, to populate irrelevant content with players who shouldn't need to do that content anymore, just to extend shelf life of said content and up the participation rates.

However that still wouldn't be the problem if there wasn't low supply of tanks, healers and group leaders. If the proportions were fine, it wouldn't matter whether there's 10 simultaneous groups or 10,000, and lesser geared players would still find groups made of whoever didn't fit into the overgeared groups.

Obviously you can abuse the skewed ratio to your own benefit by just becoming one of the people there's a shortage of. I wonder why didn't 90% of the people who complain about "declined, declined, declined" try that solution.

My score is currently 0, because I don't play. I was 1700~ for S3, but only 600 in S2 and S1 while doing the same sort of keys. This is only because I ran keys on weekdays while off work during S3. Doing some research, it appears that armory display of M+ runs has only just been added as of S4. Something I was unaware of - as I said, I'm not currently playing.

I guess this makes the system vastly better now, not perfect ofcourse, but still more accurate than it was for BFA S1 and 2, because frankly, it wasn't an indication of skill during those periods, it was an indication of who had availibility on weekdays. I'm more accepting of RIO when it works, it was usefull in Legion, and it looks like it will work the same now, but quite frankly, they should of ended service in BFA, they knew it was defunct.
    My score was always super low when I was doing M+ with the guildies lol, we only did things we needed and never touched some of the ones we didn't like (fuck off tol'dagor), and unless you do them ALL your score suffers.

Na man it can't be that he's bad. It must be some grand conspiracy!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    That guy who complained who can't get into +6? Why doesn't he grind his key up and make his own groups? From +2 to +6 is very short way, it's not like you have to undertake some humongous grind. Then he can pick people on whatever criteria he wants, even what's the first letter of their name.
    Because he can't chest a 2 to upgrade it and demands other people do the work to carry him.

- - - Updated - - -

Doing some research, it appears that armory display of M+ runs has only just been added as of S4.
    Still incorrect. Shame trolls aren't moderated.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    Still incorrect. Shame trolls aren't moderated.
    So why are none of my runs displayed on the armory? I don't have a single run recorded on the armory, I've done 1 M+ in the last 4 months (specifically last week), which was an intime +15 Siege, This is displayed on RIO, but not the armory this tells me that S3 and S3 post season, was infact NOT using the armory as people claim. It was solely using the leaderboards, which is where the RIO flaw comes from. the leaderboard API access may well have been increased at some point, but it was deffinately during S3 at the absolute earliest. Prior to that (in S2) I'd have all dungeons at 15/16/17, none of these are on the armory, the 16 and 17 are recorded on RIO but that's it. during S3, According to RIO I've only done a 12 in Sots.. Go figure, wonder how I got keystone master for S3 then?! and again in S2, I had keystone master, but I'd not even ran some of them, according to the all knowing RIO. I understand some changes have been made to improve accuracy I take back my negative comments towards RIO as of right now, but it's still an issue that it was completely defunct for 2 seasons and a bit shit in S3 and people still relyed on it so heavily.

I remember checking the M+ ranking requirements on reset day once, and seeing that AD required an intime 15, and everything else required an intime 10. The servers had been up less than 12 hours and the leaderboards were filled with 10's and above. (this was either late S1 or early S2)
    Last edited by thunterman; 2020-01-27 at 10:51 PM.

So why are none of my runs displayed on the armory? I don't have a single run recorded on the armory, I've done 1 M+ in the last 4 months (specifically last week), which was an intime +15 Siege, This is displayed on RIO, but not the armory this tells me that S3 and S3 post season, was infact NOT using the armory as people claim. It was solely using the leaderboards, which is where the RIO flaw comes from. the leaderboard API access may well have been increased at some point, but it was deffinately during S3 at the absolute earliest. Prior to that (in S2) I'd have all dungeons at 15/16/17, none of these are on the armory, the 16 and 17 are recorded on RIO but that's it. during S3, According to RIO I've only done a 12 in Sots.. Go figure, wonder how I got keystone master for S3 then?! and again in S2, I had keystone master, but I'd not even ran some of them, according to the all knowing RIO. I understand some changes have been made to improve accuracy I take back my negative comments towards RIO as of right now, but it's still an issue that it was completely defunct for 2 seasons and a bit shit in S3 and people still relyed on it so heavily.

I remember checking the M+ ranking requirements on reset day once, and seeing that AD required an intime 15, and everything else required an intime 10. The servers had been up less than 12 hours and the leaderboards were filled with 10's and above. (this was either late S1 or early S2)
    I don't understand you. You said you don't play any more so why do you keep posting? Yes, S1 and at least part of S2 worked differently, but since you don't play anyway why does it matter?

The more you post nonsense the more people are misled. Just stop already.

Quote Originally Posted by iinverse View Post
    If you have brain and skill, you can easily farm your rio. If you haven't... well, you can complain about it on forum.
    i bet my house i have more rio than you xD

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    So you mean eventually blizzard will just adopt it into their systems
    lol don't give them ideas, i already hate r.io as it is

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    lol don't give them ideas, i already hate r.io as it is
    How do you think the item level system came in to play first it was gear score and then in Cadda people were more focused on what your item level was because now you could actually measure it and then it started becoming a giant thing that they place on your character sheet