Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    If raider.io was abolished, people would go back to the vanilla method. The raid leader / appointed officer either stands in town OR at the raid portal. People requesting to join the raid would have to show up and submit to inspection of their gear. While it wouldn't tell you their skill, knowing their gear is a close second.

What you really want is an incentive program for people to run teaching raids.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    What you really want is an incentive program for people to run teaching raids.
    What you'd want is average pug player actually wanting to learn. I joined a pug for Maut heroic to try to get the 2h weapon on my dk. Some nice rogue explained ALL strats before we started. People still died from stupid shit like not hiding in void zones when boss casts the stygian explosion and similar stuff. Several people did the same mistakes multiple times in a row despite being explained over and again basic strats like run out of group if you have debuff in shield phase and healers dispel. And this was only 2nd boss, one of the simpler in the raid.

So yeah, the only things that work for majority of pugs is either "overgear and zerg" or "fail = kick". No teacher can overcome the student's unwillingness to learn.

You want "teaching raids" join a casual guild that progresses normal or heroic, I've noticed a lot of them explain bosses beforehand in an extensive manner, and raid leader usually hand holds people as much as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by monkaTOS View Post
    Yes, this would be very nice change. Having a thirdparty site to "control" the ratings is a bit silly and having to refresh addon data every time you want to start a run is annoying.
    Get the client, it's updated automatically (twice per day for free acounts, afaik).

This thread infected me with Duran Duran ear worm. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    What you'd want is average pug player actually wanting to learn. I joined a pug for Maut heroic to try to get the 2h weapon on my dk. Some nice rogue explained ALL strats before we started. People still died from stupid shit like not hiding in void zones when boss casts the stygian explosion and similar stuff. Several people did the same mistakes multiple times in a row despite being explained over and again basic strats like run out of group if you have debuff in shield phase and healers dispel. And this was only 2nd boss, one of the simpler in the raid.

So yeah, the only things that work for majority of pugs is either "overgear and zerg" or "fail = kick". No teacher can overcome the student's unwillingness to learn.

You want "teaching raids" join a casual guild that progresses normal or heroic, I've noticed a lot of them explain bosses beforehand in an extensive manner, and raid leader usually hand holds people as much as possible.
    You don't understand the idea.

When I say "you want an incentive program for people to run teaching raids", I don't just mean have a person that explains the fight, but also people willing to complete the content. You'd want some sort of incentive both ways on that.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

You don't understand the idea.

When I say "you want an incentive program for people to run teaching raids", I don't just mean have a person that explains the fight, but also people willing to complete the content. You'd want some sort of incentive both ways on that.
    So the incentive to complete content and get loot is not enough apparently? What do you think would "motivate" people to learn and improve instead of constantly expecting to be carried in pugs, which is typical attitude and that's what made people "elitists" in the first place. "Elitism" is only a reaction to experience of "I can't expect most randoms to perform adequately for this content, so I have to start excluding". Nobody "excludes" people in groups for world boss for example, because it's a low fail chance content.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    So the incentive to complete content and get loot is not enough apparently? What do you think would "motivate" people to learn and improve instead of constantly expecting to be carried in pugs, which is typical attitude and that's what made people "elitists" in the first place. "Elitism" is only a reaction to experience of "I can't expect most randoms to perform adequately for this content, so I have to start excluding". Nobody "excludes" people in groups for world boss for example, because it's a low fail chance content.
    Well, Blizzard offers the bonus satchel for dps / heals / tank for pug heroics if there are not enough queuing. Its a good system but the rewards are too low to entice people in. There was a time when the satchel could drop mounts. There was a time when the gold reward was decent.

Well, Blizzard offers the bonus satchel for dps / heals / tank for pug heroics if there are not enough queuing. Its a good system but the rewards are too low to entice people in. There was a time when the satchel could drop mounts. There was a time when the gold reward was decent.
    It's a system that entices overgeared people to carry the group, not a system that promotes teaching / learning environment. Especially in content like hc dungeons where high geared characters can zerg the place and nullify most mechanics.