Poll: Good idea?

Toggling flight per mounts (No, this is different)

Now as a gentleman who enjoys jumping around while riding in town, it is my first world problem that I can't jump in such awesome mounts that just happened to be also flying (Invincible, that timewalking horse from WoTLK and I suppose that rat and stuff), so I propose that we have a "flight toggle" so that you can toggle on and off flying for your mounts. Thank you for reading!
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

I would disagree, but the derp jump of Tarecgosa is too fun to watch.

There could be a separate keybind for "jump, but don't lift-off".
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

10+ Year Old Account
    lmao no

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Make it a mount equipment thing. Then at least the system will have use beyond using waterwalking

You can't jump but you can always use /mountspecial to make them do their idle jump animation (ie what the mount does when you hit spacebar while not moving)

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean I don't hate it lol. I could see you needing to like double jump to fly or something but I see that causing problems unless you auto fly if you jump off a cliff or something lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    /mountspecial end thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Dugna View Post
    That's not a jump. You can jump on flying mounts in non-flying zones, so there should be a button to do that in flying-enabled zones too. A toggle would probably be a simpler fix than adding an entirely new movement command.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Littleraven View Post
    I mean I don't hate it lol. I could see you needing to like double jump to fly or something but I see that causing problems unless you auto fly if you jump off a cliff or something lol.
    I would totally support that, that's elegant as hell and would totally work. Double jump to fly. I dig it.

My solution to jumping off a cliff would be just disabling fall damage while mounted on a flying mount in flying zones, give them the flight-land animation when you hit the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugna View Post
    Err, no. /startthread

I'm talking about actual jumping around. If you jump with a mount that can fly, you fly, so.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post
    Make it a mount equipment thing. Then at least the system will have use beyond using waterwalking
    I for one have never used the water walking equipment. Hopping on the anglers raft and rowing is much faster.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    that's a funny and legit point that i see absolutely zero harm from doing it in game
    100% support it
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    I for one have never used the water walking equipment. Hopping on the anglers raft and rowing is much faster.
    If you need to travel long distances, maybe it can be faster (also more annoying for that matter), but if its just a short river crossing, barely wide enough that you can't jump it .. getting off your mount, onto the raft, and back onto the mount, thats not going to be fast.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Just play SL from launch to 9.2, I think you'll fulfill your need for jumping.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Err, no. /startthread

I'm talking about actual jumping around. If you jump with a mount that can fly, you fly, so.
    but theres nothing special to the rigs of the jumps, all mounts flying or not keep their animations jumping and flying both the same, the liftoff start from the ground is the jump animation.

could have easily been fixed with some coding-fu. one quick tap of space is jump animation. Hold space for like 1 and half sec you start to fly