Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Possibility to catch legendary pets

I love the pet battles but will be perfect the possibility to catch legendaries.. Would you think?

The problem with that is legendary pets are very OP. They take reduced damage from everything (50% less?) and have monstrous health pools. If you allowed people to battle with them, be it regular pet battles in the game even, it would completely break any semblance of a challenge. Of course for pvp they would have to be disabled right from the start that's not even a question.

So if you can't battle with them, what is the point of them being legendary then? We go full circle

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The only way I can see it work is if you can grab a legendary pet but it fills all three of your battle pet slots.
    That's a pretty good idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only way I can see it work is if you can grab a legendary pet but it fills all three of your battle pet slots.
    They could make them collectable, but unable to be used in battles, maybe.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

15+ Year Old Account
    Just make them collectables but reduce their effectiveness to that of a Rare pet (or are there Epics yet?). I mean they are legendary because they are out there with the damage reduction buff, maybe the process of catching them makes them weaker so they lose the buff and health goes down.

No.

Make them collectable, but don't allow them to be used in pet battles.

Actually, Legendary pets only have inflated stats. The damage reduction is part of pets being Boss pets. E.g.: Pandaria pet tamers have Legendary pets, but none of them have damage reduction because they aren't bosses.

Add an Epic quality that adds HP & power (and maybe a fourth ability to spice things up) and a Legendary quality that is only cosmetic like shiny Pokémons. Make it fart rainbows or something, but don't make them like the legendary battle pets already in the game.

Hard to beat but i made it with a good tuto.

Quote Originally Posted by Splenda View Post
    They could make them collectable, but unable to be used in battles, maybe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    No.

Make them collectable, but don't allow them to be used in pet battles.
    But then, what is really the point of that 'legendary' label? Just knowing you own a legendary pet? If you can't use it in battle, you can only use it to follow you around. And in that case its quality is really not important as you can't see it anyway. If that pet is hard to find, sure that's satisfaction and prestige, but it might be hard to get and still remain rare quality (as many pets currently are). It just feels kind of pointless to me.

Agreed make Legendary cosmetic only akin to shiny Pokemon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    But then, what is really the point of that 'legendary' label? Just knowing you own a legendary pet? If you can't use it in battle, you can only use it to follow you around. And in that case its quality is really not important as you can't see it anyway. If that pet is hard to find, sure that's satisfaction and prestige, but it might be hard to get and still remain rare quality (as many pets currently are). It just feels kind of pointless to me.
    I don't really care about legendary pets, but I imagine others may want them for the unique skins/models/etc that some have.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Yep,. collectors are there as well

Seems weird to me that players don't have access to at least epic quality pets. Imagine if gear stopped at blue quality as well.

But there's tremendous pushback whenever Blizzard talks about, suggests, or tries to give players access to epic pets so that's why we haven't seen anything new in that regard and we've been stuck capped at rare quality since the system was introduced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crawlerx View Post
    I love the pet battles but will be perfect the possibility to catch legendaries.. Would you think?
    Blizzard contemplated epic pets, and it was met by huge protests by the pet battle/collection community..

Legendary? It will only be worse..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Pet battling is so niche anyway that they don't want to anger the hardcore collectors who've spent the time to get/level up 1,000+ rare and level 25 pets, so they'll just go the easy route. Put in a few new wild pets, then slap the rest on rep vendors or on bosses.

Maybe they could release fewer pets with unique skill sets instead of 10 recolors every expansion/patch, pets you'd really push to acquire.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean they have added so much content for pet battles that pretty much calls for having massive collections so anything new they add should take that into account as well.
    The horror, just to THINK of upgrading 1.200+ pets from rare to epic (to legendary)..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic and legendary pets cannot be used for the same reason that level 26+ pets will never be released: collectors would have to upgrade their hundreds/thousands of pets to the highest quality. This was a very big concern from the first moment.

The only way I could see it happen is if legendaries were very challenging to catch and you could not use them in battle, like some sort of trophy.

Maybe have them give you buffs for wild pet battles? Like, if you catch 2 distinct legendary crickets, you get 1% health regen every turn during pet battles, or if you catch two porcupines you get 1% more damage etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope!

Got 1200 pets at rare quality and level 25, which has taken a lifetime to accomplish. Would suck unspeakably much to give more upgrade options than this...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rioriel View Post
    I like this idea. Was half-expecting something when we collected the four mini celestials - Xu'Fu, Chi-Ji etc - like they could be Legendary but non-combat, and they gave you a buff for battles depending which loadout you chose.
    Fuck no... I don't want any more non-combat pets.

There are already 25ish too many.