Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Well done, hecking well done even.
    Imagine rocking up in Hell and Ted Bundy being like "so what are you in for?" and you're like "...I watched the Netflix adaptation of Death Note".

Also, imagine having no friends in Hell. Lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

“When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -C.S. Lewis

Like what you like there is no harm in that. If you like to watch cartoons then watch them, if you like to bowl then bowl, if you like to build models out of match sticks then build, etc... You like what you like and as long as what you like doesn't stop you from putting a roof over your head, food in your bellies, clothes on your back, and supporting your family then it doesn't matter what others think.

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    no, normal people watch sports. I'm one of those people. Nothing freaky about football.
    Nothing freaky about watching grown men give each other head injuries while wearing tights and chasing a ball?

no, normal people watch sports. I'm one of those people. Nothing freaky about football.

That's a sport.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Nothing freaky about watching grown men give each other head injuries while wearing tights and chasing a ball?
    There's nothing more heterosexual than a group of large, sweaty men wearing form fitting outfits piling on top of each other.

Just guys bein' dudes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

it's a matter of fitting into human society. That's why it matters. You can't live as an anti-social NEET forever.

- - - Updated - - -

well that's fucking Star Wars. Shit is for everyone regardless of format. Last I saw the SW cartoons are also notoriously violent.
    Sounds more like an immature person that lacks self thought and instead stoops to peer pressure letting others dictate you.

If everyone was like that we wouldn't have comics, Star Wars or whatever other sci-fi or fantasy thing. Or horror authors like Lovecraft or King... etc.

Oh, and video games. You're a hypocrite in that regard.

Do you think kids make animation? It's a bloody medium...

Try thinking outside the box, though I am pretty sure you're just trolling to rile people up.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2020-01-28 at 12:35 AM.

I caught my 60 year old dad watching how to train your dragon on tv the other day. The answer is never.

10+ Year Old Account
    At the point that you start caring more about what other people think of the things you find personally enjoyable.

At that point it becomes unacceptable, because you've decided it's unacceptable.

So ya know, whenever you feel like it.

I get that you never reply to your own threads but if you "dont watch animation" you're missing some really great stuff.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't watch animation myself, but I was thinking about it:

Video games could be lumped into this as well, but you could relent on that argument when you consider how popular they and varied they are.

But what about cartoons or anime? When, if any, age limit is there eventually? The age where it's just not normal to be engaging with this hobby? Like I know people will claim anyone can enjoy Disney, which is true. But that's selective and not speaking for the mediums in general. Like if someone was 40+ and enjoying Spongebob or MLP, would you consider that normal?
    I would argue there is no age limit.

Based on the threads you make, I highly doubt you watch football.

Nothing wrong with most of cartoon shows with exception of MLP. That show is aimed at little girls and we all know what bronies are like.

7+ Year Old Account
    At what age does it become unacceptable for you stop beating your wife, if ever.