Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe they add more zones in patches

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    A realm for the people who were basically okay, had no great ambitions and made little to no impact on the world around them.
    It would be a normal looking realm where those who ended up there ends up living cushy lives with almost no substance.
    The covenant would be "The Collective" and their job would be to ensure the continuation of the realm by removing those in it who has too much ambition in either direction to more fitting realms.
    So essentially there would be a 5th major realm of mild-mannered, non-violent, unambitious "regulars" that didn't bring with them to the Shadowlands a lot of anima because they didn't make too many consequential choices during their lives. However, they still bring in with them all the anima they need for maintaining the realm's balance; nothing more, nothing less. The Collective has many branches connecting to their realm from all the worlds in the cosmos, and acts as a counterbalance to all of the other realms that function with more specific purposes.

The Venthyr are about rehabilitating souls struggling with extreme sin, such as hubris and selfishness. The Collective would be more so about gratitude, self-fulfillment, and channeling their imbalance into the work they do in their realm. The Necrolords love constant battle, while the Collective is generally peaceful and calm. The Kyrian are all about souls that value honor, valor, and giving their members a transcended existence within the Shadowlands. The Collective focuses more on simple fairness, equity, and having their members going through a similar process of shedding their past selves like the Kyrian, but would instead become constellar: completely balanced beings with no desires, extreme emotions, or directed motivations. The Collective's main goal is about working out the disorder within the souls of their Covenant's members, which subsequently influenced their decisions when they were alive and caused them to live objectively uneventful lives compared to "greater" souls that generated more anima. The constellar would pour all of their emotional imbalance into their anima that they use to map out an astral chart on their ethereal-like form. This chart would help them find their new reincarnated life when they re-enter the physical realm through the Great Veil (that Sylvanas punched a hole through) and subsequently the Emerald Dream. This is very similar to the Night Fae focusing on tending to the Wild Gods while the latter rests in their cold, spiritual hibernation before their eventual rebirth (not reincarnation) within the Emerald Dream.

The Collective are the most technologically advanced Covenant, using titan-esque technology to conduct their tasks of ritualistic spirit-cleansing cycles and astral soul-mapping. These cyclic cleansing rituals involve souls consciously working out whatever imbalance was holding them back from realizing their highest potential and greatest dreams when they were still living. They repeat these same motions, similar to how ghosts repeat events that happened in their lives that kept them earth-bound. However, for souls that successfully pass through the Great Veil into the Shadowlands, they aren't "stuck" like ghosts, and have more control and broader perspective over the repetitive cyclic patterns that they struggled with in life.

These souls become constellar when their star chart is imprinted on their soul. Because of this, when they pass through the veil to be folded into a "new" soul that's reincarnated with a life with more purpose and meaning, their soul will be guaranteed to go to its proper place within the cosmos by following an astral path along the Great Veil that's also connected to the stars of the Great Dark Beyond. Coincidentally, when these reincarnated souls are born, they don't have any memories of their past life due to being "folded" when they cross the Great Veil. They resolved the trial of their previous life while in the Collective, so the constellar soul is reincarnated as a person with different challenges to go through that will potentially lead them to greatness. Delving into the lore of the constellar and their Collective will further expand the connections between the titans, the arbiter, the emerald dream, and the kyrian.

Whatcha think?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rumred View Post
    I would have to think there is a realm for normal people. People who didn't really do anything that would warrant the attention of the four covenants. A normal farmer or wine vendor. Gotta be a place for people like them.
    See my other reply above ^
    Last edited by RedFenix; 2020-01-30 at 10:23 PM.
    "Pulsars are the bulimic cosmic anomalies..."

Quote Originally Posted by Psykho View Post
    Children, and Thieves
    *Hek hek-ing in the distance*
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Best thing about SL is that patch content could be anywhere and anything. People don't have their own expectations like with Argus or Nazjatar, so they can just enjoy work from art team

i think blizzard ran themselves into the corner here with "covenant" structure of whole thing. as it's presented the starting zones seems to encompass whole afterlife, and i don't see how new zones could fit there easily. i mean. sure you can say "and here is zone that is x-race afterlife" but how would it fit into covenant hierarchy of whole thing ? at best you can have some mystery 2nd "evil"zone aka maw outside of influence of all others but besides that ? hard to tell. perhaps blizzard won't introduce any new zones in patches ? there is possibility of that

I've decided to make an expanded concept of 1 of the ideas in my first post the Children and a new idea Traitors

Children: Am Byth(the Welsh word for forever, and based off Neverland)children's souls end up here where they play forever, but if they so choose some souls can grow up, and be given a chance at rebirth, but the path to do so requires them to steal the objects that the anima the souls bring with them is tied to, toys, leading to them to be ostracized by their former peers and being outcast to live on ships surrounding the isle, watched over by stone guardians who prefer to stay neutral, but many also choose to exclusively guard the children who greedily hog the best and anima richest toys for themselves, forcing players to decide
    Aesthetic: fairy tale heroes
    Mounts: Unicorns and Pegasus

Thieves: Carcahria(roughly the welsh word for Ice jail, based on the ninth circle of hell) the home of those whose lives are marked by betrayal forever where they wander forever fighting over precious anima, becoming frost covered creature eternally suffering from frostbite and starvation, they can form rustic groups, but are forever cursed to fear the same betrayal that earned them this fate
    Aesthetic: furs, frost, and coats
    Mounts: Yaks and Owls

Edit: I called this an extended idea but it was barely more than 2 lines longer, sorry it's past 10pm where I am right now
    Last edited by Psykho; 2020-02-13 at 04:58 AM.

Children: Am Byth(the Welsh word for forever, and based off Neverland)children's souls end up here where they play forever, but if they so choose some souls can grow up, and be given a chance at rebirth, but the path to do so requires them to steal the objects that the anima the souls bring with them is tied to, toys, leading to them to be ostracized by their former peers and being outcast to live on ships surrounding the isle, watched over by stone guardians who prefer to stay neutral, but many also choose to exclusively guard the children who greedily hog the best and anima richest toys for themselves, forcing players to decide
    Aesthetic: fairy tale heroes
    Mounts: Unicorns and Pegasus
    I like the explanation for where Captain Hook came from.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalontas View Post
    I like the explanation for where Captain Hook came from.
    I didn't put it down to save time, but my personal concept for the Captain Hook expy is that he died extremely early in his life, like he didn't even live a year, hell might've not even made it out the womb, so he is extremely desperate to get that second chance(my main reason for grouping children away from the others is that people usually don't have the traits that get them sent to the current known 5 realms until later into adulthood)

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rootsbum View Post
    I would like a "Land of the forgotten".
    With melted clocks, lost heirlooms, diffrent structures mashed together in weird piles with a bunch of depressed characters.
    Almost like Alice in wonderlands

The covenant-leader would be some kind of "father time", and the main story would be finding a new path, perhaps something you didnt even know was a possibility. To arise and move on.
    What you discribe is Dahli not alice in wonderlands.. and people will make connections with drugs. Not realy blizz way imo.

I think all these beliefs should be in their heads and will be explained why in the shadowlands such as tauren earthmother is something entirely differnt. That would be a nice twist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinhart11 View Post
    I mean, the Tauren seem to have an afterlife which is connected to the Earthmother. Unless it only exists the Taurens mind and beliefs, which i doubt, that afterlife has nothing to do at all with any of the regions we see in Shadowlands. Not even Ardenweald.

I also wonder why the ghost of Cairne for example can play a role in the Heritage Armor Questline of the Tauren, if his ghost is supposed to be trapped in the Maw(and no one has ever escaped from there) and experiencing unbelievable horrors and torture.

Blizzard, as always, hasn't thought that whole "afterlife" stuff out well. The details don't fit and make no sense.
    Well he did die a while back, has it been established how long the souls have been diverted for?

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Well he did die a while back, has it been established how long the souls have been diverted for?
    Since at least some time before the infamous War of Thorns, some time during legion perhaps, still hoping it wasn't the Genn breaking the soulcage that did it, don't need Sylvanas getting another 4d chess victory

10+ Year Old Account
    Since at least some time before the infamous War of Thorns, some time during legion perhaps, still hoping it wasn't the Genn breaking the soulcage that did it, don't need Sylvanas getting another 4d chess victory
    Ugh...sadly it would fit right in. Her fans call it 4D chess, in reality it's just dumb luck that falls into her lap.

I didn't put it down to save time, but my personal concept for the Captain Hook expy is that he died extremely early in his life, like he didn't even live a year, hell might've not even made it out the womb, so he is extremely desperate to get that second chance(my main reason for grouping children away from the others is that people usually don't have the traits that get them sent to the current known 5 realms until later into adulthood)
    I didn't even need all the details. Just the image of some of the children stealing and living on ships surrounding the islands was enough to figure out "ah, Captain Hook".

Honorland, led by Saurfang ofc

OT: I think Blizzard won't even think about other realms beyond the first ones and the potential 1 or 2 additional throughout the expac. There are theoretically a huge number, but you'll see that most of fallen heroes/villains of Azeroth (and probably even Demons) will end up in one of the known zones unfortunately.

Theoretically, infinite for every species that has or will exist in the universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

Purgatory Covenant
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

One thing that's really missing is a place for regular folks - you know, civilians or basic troops. They might not carry loads of anima, but there's surely a lot of them, so I'm going to assume that there's at least one big area for them. Well, unless the idea is that if you're just a regular person, you don't have enough anima to be given a proper afterlife and you basically disappear.

EDIT: I see it has been mentioned before
    Last edited by Sarethion; 2020-02-18 at 03:33 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    A realm for the people who were basically okay, had no great ambitions and made little to no impact on the world around them.
    It would be a normal looking realm where those who ended up there ends up living cushy lives with almost no substance.
    The covenant would be "The Collective" and their job would be to ensure the continuation of the realm by removing those in it who has too much ambition in either direction to more fitting realms.
    So what you ask for is a new Pandaria zone ^^

PS: great idea and it would be kinda cool to see, knowing that if you die in azeroth you have a paradice to go to
    -

One Learns most when Teaching others!