Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Depends on what's inside?
    Toys? I dont give a shit.
    Raid gear? I would never touch WoW again.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    BfA has been pretty meh about armor sets for the most part. Of course it's a subjective thing to a point, but a lot of people, myself included, do not believe that Uldir and Eternal Palace gear is all that good. Especially for 4 sets instead of the usual old 12 sets.

If they had put up 4 great armor sets on the store during the Eternal Palace raiding period, I'm sure people would've bene upset about that. No matter how much there is of something, people will always want something new-- just look at the covenant armor. Sometimes, a particular style or theme hasn't been touched upon that a person in particular really likes until a certain point in time, so even if they have a million armor sets, that newest one might be the one they truly love.

Same for mounts, pets, etc.
    Honestly the entire design for most armor sets have been rather mediocre for the last few years. Certain classes differ, and certain parts to each set also differ as well, but overall it hasn't really been any good for a long time. Ever since they scrapped class based armor in favor of more unique designs it always has been hit or miss - usually miss. But regardless, I get what you mean.

I don't think Blizzard would make lootboxes exclusive to the store (They are very well aware of what that would do), and honestly the pets and mounts shouldn't be either but everyone has "accepted" that now. Yeah sure you have tokens but casually, unlike Overwatch and a few other games, you aren't getting them without dropping some cash.
    "Your name was stolen? I see... Well, I guess that happens from time to time..."

No. I would probably buy a few hundred of them depending on their content.

I’m surprised casting animations, dances, transmogs, mounts, additional emotes/speech are not already included. Okay, mounts are. I’d even be fine with in game stuff from previous expansions.
    The most persecuted minority is the individual.

Quote Originally Posted by Krewshi View Post
    Toys? I dont give a shit.
    Raid gear? I would never touch WoW again.
    I will correct that for you:

Things you can achieve ingame? I dont give a shit.
    Things you cannot achieve ingame? I would never touch WoW again.

Quote Originally Posted by Denizly View Post
    I wouldn't care. So long as the store only has cosmetic stuff it doesn't bother me one bit.

I've accepted that a in game store is a reality in every multiplayer game in current day and age. I'd advise everyone else to accept it too, as it's not going anywhere.
    Nope, stop playing any and all games that do this. There are good games that don't do it.

Vote with your wallet.

Quote Originally Posted by Soimu View Post
    People like you are so blind and naive and it is very sad you can't see the bigger picture and why the gaming industry is going downhill.
    People like you are so narrow minded and delusional and it is very sad that you can't see the bigger picture and that the gaming industry is now bigger than ever before with more users (players) than ever before.

The fact that you don't like or approve of the way gaming industry is developing doesn't mean that it is going downhill.

I'll never understand dudes like you, why do you even care if some guy bought his green pants from the real money store, is it jealousy or hate if you can't afford them yourself or what is it, I'm genuinely curious ?

I've played many games that contain lootboxes, be it Apex, Dota, PUBG or something else, and I've never spent a dime or cared about others that did as long as it does not affect gameplay.

On the topic, I would stop playing if those lootboxes contained:
    a) gear, artifact power or anything else that would boost the power of your character
    b) cosmetic items that are obtainable by playing (for an example TLPD)

As long as store cosmetics are just store cosmetics, who cares. No one is going to go "whoa look at the mount that this guy has!" because everyone knows he just swiped his credit card with zero effort.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroloGeo View Post
    Loot boxes are a predatory system. The money is not made with players who buy one or two boxes, it is made with people who can’t control their needs and won’t stop buying them until they get their target or everything.

It would be clearly a low for WoW. I’m having a hard time explaining to my friends why I’m still playing WoW, that would make it more difficult for sure.

And, in fact, I would prefer that lootboxes contained mythic raid gear than cosmetics. The hunt for cosmetics is my gameplay, if the art teams creates new assets I want them to be obtainable in game behind some mechanic, quests, treasures, reps... I would care less if people bought mythic gear with lootboxes, it would not affect my gameplay in any way.

TLDR Lootboxes are a predatory system and if they contain cosmetics they consume gameplay we would have otherwise.
    I'll help you with your answer to your friends: "I play wow because I'm a grown ass man/woman and I decide what to do with my free time"

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Nope, stop playing any and all games that do this. There are good games that don't do it.

Vote with your wallet.
    I agree, there are good games that don't do it, but there are the minority. Wish there were more.

And yes the only vote that counts is the wallet one.

Quote Originally Posted by Fartoo View Post
    People like you are so narrow minded and delusional and it is very sad that you can't see the bigger picture and that the gaming industry is now bigger than ever before with more users (players) than ever before.

The fact that you don't like or approve of the way gaming industry is developing doesn't mean that it is going downhill.

I'll never understand dudes like you, why do you even care if some guy bought his green pants from the real money store, is it jealousy or hate if you can't afford them yourself or what is it, I'm genuinely curious ?

I've played many games that contain lootboxes, be it Apex, Dota, PUBG or something else, and I've never spent a dime or cared about others that did as long as it does not affect gameplay.

On the topic, I would stop playing if those lootboxes contained:
    a) gear, artifact power or anything else that would boost the power of your character
    b) cosmetic items that are obtainable by playing (for an example TLPD)

As long as store cosmetics are just store cosmetics, who cares. No one is going to go "whoa look at the mount that this guy has!" because everyone knows he just swiped his credit card with zero effort.
    Whatever dude, keep living in your bubble and pay for those cosmetics and loot boxes. That's why we now have games like Fallout 76, Warcraft 3 Reforged, Anthem and many others.

Quote Originally Posted by Soimu View Post
    Whatever dude, keep living in your bubble and pay for those cosmetics and loot boxes. That's why we now have games like Fallout 76, Warcraft 3 Reforged, Anthem and many others.
    Did you not read the part where I said "I've never spent a dime on lootboxes" or did you just chose to ignore it for the sole purpose of continuing to be a hater ?

You know, I understand that you might find it hard to comprehend the fact that you can not do something and still approve of it, but you should really try, it will make your life easier and less toxic.

*grammar edit

Herald of the Titans Battlebeard's Avatar
    I rather see pets, mounts, toys, xmog etc from boxes than long time consuming grinds for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by Savant View Post
    If Blizzard would have introduced paid loot boxes in WoW, would you think it’s a new low and stopped playing the game overall?
    They're just one step away from it. You can buy lootboxes for island expeditions with dubloons, it's not far-fetched to have them go sell them for a buck each.

I don't personally have a problem with the store nor anything they decide to put there. Anything related to character power is extremely unlikely at best, but in any case I don't really see it too differently as buying anything from a vendor in-game with gold. Just a different currency, but with the existence of tokens even that line is blurred these days.

The cash shop is just another way of obtaining stuff, similar to drops, grinds, certain achievement rewards, etc. That's how I see it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    So long as they contain raid gear and not important stuff like cosmetics then sure. Otherwise hell naw.
    This. /tenchar

Quote Originally Posted by savant View Post
    yes, but it’s a reward for doing something.

Will edit my post and insert “paid loot boxes”
    bmah......
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate