View Poll Results: What's your opinion on Blizzard inflating queues artificially?

Voters
33. This poll is closed
  • Great development, few minutes here and there

14 42.42%
  • It's good to get rid of premades but this isn't the way

2 6.06%
  • Mixed feelings about selectively changing content that was supposed to be left untouched

4 12.12%
  • Game development should never go like this, only making things function worse

11 33.33%
  • I've never cared to play in BGs so my opinion doesn't count

2 6.06%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Afking in AV right as we speak with the same anti-afk bot I've been using for 15 years.

Funny to see some top streamers giving up on the grind and switching to retail so close to rank 14 because they can't chain wins any more and instead lose every game.

Of course they could make a WSG premade but I assume they think they're not good enough or there's too much competition at the top and don't wanna lose face.

The thing is, they fix this Alliance "advantage" but they won't patch the backdoor exploit the Horde uses every game

Quote Originally Posted by Gouca View Post
    This has been proven to be effective on US servers now and on EU tomorrow. Blizzard have added an artificial queue for Battlegrounds on Alliance side, meaning multiple guilds / premade-pools queuing simultaneously still had to wait for several minutes to find their first BG. The algorithm also seems to not put players chronologically into games but instead randomizes the order after queuing.

What do you personally think about game development of this sort? They're intentionally disrupting and handicapping players trying to work as a community and punishing Alliance even more by inflating queues artificially.
    players brought this on themselves .

shame it took blizzard 2 months to solve it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavll View Post
    The thing is, they fix this Alliance "advantage" but they won't patch the backdoor exploit the Horde uses every game
    Please do tell what this "backdoor exploit" is the Horde uses. I've been playing since 2005 and never heard of the Horde advantage in AV on the map. I've seen many times first hand how the map favors the Alliance though (first character was a NE druid and I played her for 1 1/2 years).

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Please do tell what this "backdoor exploit" is the Horde uses. I've been playing since 2005 and never heard of the Horde advantage in AV on the map. I've seen many times first hand how the map favors the Alliance though (first character was a NE druid and I played her for 1 1/2 years).
    I imagine the "backdoor" for Horde would be the cliffside next to the Alliance south bunker/Wing Commanders. There are 3 different locations where you can get up to the Alliance base in order to capture their bunkers and inner graveyard.

3+ Year Old Account
    The Horde can access the Alliance base through the cliffside just beside South Bunker/Wing Commanders. I believe there are 3 different areas on that cliffside where you can get up and into the Alliance base, allowing you to skip the hail of arrows in order to capture the bunkers and the graveyard

10+ Year Old Account
    I counted for fun and I lost the last 50 of 50 AVs I played (soloqueued as Alliance), actual 100% loss, no joke. Depressing as hell, but still better than changing the game. This is a middle finger to everyone who wanted the nostalgic experience.

The advantage that ppl used to say the ally has is the bridge. It's easy to defend. But horde can go around to the west and jump up a hill and skip it completely.

I'll list some horde advantages.
    Horde starting cave is way closer to mid than the alliance one. Blizz recognized this and moved it back in later patches to make it more balanced. This allows horde to get to balinda maybe 5 seconds after ally do. This means ally have to push thru horde to get to SFGY which is the neutral gy, and push way harder to try to get IBGY.

When horde go for SHGY, they can get there without being attacked by any bunkers. When ally go for IBGY, they are attacked by at least 1, up to 2 towers depending on which path they take.

Ally GYs are designed with 1 long pathway out surrounded by walls, like a trap. When horde are pushing for SHGY and ally are rezzing, they only have 1 way out and it's very easy to get camped in there. Compare that to IBGY with 2-3 directions they can go.

And then compare the distances from ally cave to gys, and horde cave to gys. And the recall spot for both teams. the RH / Aid station locations.

Not to say ally doesnt have some advantages, or that these are the reason ally lose 95% of games currently, but it's silly to deny any of these advantages exist.

The only real exploit in AV that needs to be removed is ally paladins cheating the final boss pull early using bubble. Bubble boss pull should not be a winning tactic, but it is

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    I counted for fun and I lost the last 50 of 50 AVs I played (soloqueued as Alliance), actual 100% loss, no joke. Depressing as hell, but still better than changing the game. This is a middle finger to everyone who wanted the nostalgic experience.
    I don't know about this "change" as i haven't seen it in action yet, however having instant queue's was never a authentic experience. AV always had (long) Queue's in Vanilla.

5+ Year Old Account
    They should have included cross realm battlegrounds.

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    The only real exploit in AV that needs to be removed is ally paladins cheating the final boss pull early using bubble. Bubble boss pull should not be a winning tactic, but it is
    That's not an exploit. Exploiting terrain is an exploit.

That's not an exploit. Exploiting terrain is an exploit.
    It’s a much bigger exploit abusing game mechanics, than riding up a hill

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    More changes. Blizzard lies again
    Pls anyone who actually remembered how it was back in the day, knew that some small changes needed to be done becouse, today it wouldnt be playable without.

What do you personally think about game development of this sort? They're intentionally disrupting and handicapping players trying to work as a community and punishing Alliance even more by inflating queues artificially.
    no, they are intentionally making it work as intended. they'd just let you queue as a 40man if that was the intended way.

seems in line with other changes along these lines they have made. the change is probably only required because player numbers aren't big enough to naturally solve the issue.

- - - Updated - - -

How exactly is it exploiting to communicate in a pool and choose a BG to enter together? That's precisely clever use of mechanics to increase efficiency. Do you ever listen to yourself and the amount of crap you're spewing without thinking further?
    wintrading also increases efficiency. this method is seemingly more effective than wintrading. so that's probably why they don't like it.

The Alliance have always had an advantage in AV. They even cried and Horde side nerfed to gain an even BIGGER advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    The Alliance have always had an advantage in AV. They even cried and Horde side nerfed to gain an even BIGGER advantage.
    There is literally no alliance advantage in AV.
    Horde start further up the map
    Horde towers are much easier to defend - 2 mages can delete any amount of alliance trying to cap it
    Horde can backdoor into the alliance base so the bridge is useless
    Alliance graveyards are mostly down tunnels/narrow passages making them easy to camp
    Horde GY much closer to the 2 mid towers

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    It’s a much bigger exploit abusing game mechanics, than riding up a hill
    You know full well terrain exploiting is terrain exploiting. The Alliance base was designed to be accessed via bridge ONLY.

How exactly is it exploiting to communicate in a pool and choose a BG to enter together? That's precisely clever use of mechanics to increase efficiency. Do you ever listen to yourself and the amount of crap you're spewing without thinking further?
    The Line between "Exploit" and "Clever use of GameMechanics" is a very fine.

And in that case I think it goes straight into Exploit. You use the GameMechanics in an Unintended way to gain an Unfair Advantage.

The change they Introduce, that makes this not Possible speaks for itself.
    Premade Groups should only face other Premade Groups.

Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    The Line between "Exploit" and "Clever use of GameMechanics" is a very fine.

And in that case I think it goes straight into Exploit. You use the GameMechanics in an Unintended way to gain an Unfair Advantage.

The change they Introduce, that makes this not Possible speaks for itself.
    Premade Groups should only face other Premade Groups.
    I do somewhat agree to this. Maybe not only, but prefer premades vs premades for 5 minutes before expanding to match with anything.
    Right now it's disgusting most of the time. Even with all the damn changes in place 17 out of 20 wsg's were against premades these past few days.

There is literally no alliance advantage in AV.
    Horde start further up the map
    Horde towers are much easier to defend - 2 mages can delete any amount of alliance trying to cap it
    Horde can backdoor into the alliance base so the bridge is useless
    Alliance graveyards are mostly down tunnels/narrow passages making them easy to camp
    Horde GY much closer to the 2 mid towers

- - - Updated - - -

You know full well terrain exploiting is terrain exploiting. The Alliance base was designed to be accessed via bridge ONLY.
    And the horde boss was designed not to be pally bubble pulled way early

Btw, a Terrain cheat is something like riding through walls, or up an invisible platform... not running up a hill lol.

So before you go crying about horde riding in the backdoor, have some perspective and realize both sides equally abuse the terrain but only one abuses a game mechanic, pally bubble pull, to cheese the entire mechanics of the base and pull the base 5 min in ALONE.

Don’t forget, ally abuse the terrain to jump over the walls of horde base
    Last edited by justandulas; 2020-02-18 at 02:14 PM.