Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    It's no longer the case as of "Chronicle Vol. 3," though - it's a broken element of WoD's story that has been retconned away.
    Which pages out of interest?

Quote Originally Posted by caballitomalo View Post
    This is a old issue by now and I know its not worth thinking about it too much. If someone here on the forums is willing to humor this, please share your crazy thoughts.

So, my question is:

If you were to take a space ship and just "fly" to the planet formerly known as Draenor, would find Outland, a new post WoD Draenor, the Draenor we see when cross Garroshs portal, boeth, neither or just a broken tardis with a script for back to future 5 being rewritten as an avengers sequel?

Just wanted to hear some thoughts.
    Outland. The Draenor we traveled to was a different timeline.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    Roses are red, mana is blue. Suramar Guards, Will always find you!

Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    Which pages out of interest?
    It's an overleaf on page. 132 of the US edition of "Chronicle Vol. 3," reconciling the nature of AU timeways and returning them to the model depicted in "Twilight of the Aspects," as opposed to them being permanent fixtures of a stable multiverse.
    "I remember what I told you, but I can't remember why. The moon is turning red and bleeding through the sky. Absolution, redemption, salvation at the end - when justice is served don't expect me to attend." - Trust Obey, "Raymond Chandler Evening"

It's an overleaf on page. 132 of the US edition of "Chronicle Vol. 3," reconciling the nature of AU timeways and returning them to the model depicted in "Twilight of the Aspects," as opposed to them being permanent fixtures of a stable multiverse.
    Too bad, would have been nice to get a "Crisis on Infinite Azeroths" expansion. Arthas King of Lordaeron, honorable Warchief Garrosh of The Horde, among other alternate universe characters that could have fought against The Infinite Dragonflight and Murozond trying to wipe out the multiverse.

Outland is in a very odd state, and may or may not be accessible directly from space assuming space travel through the physical universe. It is bordered on nearly all sides by the Twisting Nether, meaning that while it is not completely in the Nether it is shrouded and surrounded by it - and as such may not be accessible through physical means like passing through what remains of its atmosphere and landing on it like you would a normal planet (explaining why the Legion had to use portals to access it and lost said access when Illidan closed these portals).

I like to think of it as a piece of the physical universe existing as a kind of bubble within the Nether. It is in the Nether but not of it, and as such the rules of the Nether don't apply fully to its environs, but nor is it fully accessible from the outside.
    I think of it a little differently. I think of the nether as one dimension, and reality the other with both overlapping. I see Outland as phasing from one reality to the other, with both realities now co-mingling over the ruins of Draenor. Right now Outland is perched precariously, able to sustain mortal life on it's surface but ultimately doomed to be consumed completely.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "If you want to be a fair skinned, light haired, blue eyed elf...sorry, the horde is there waiting for you"

-Game Director Ion Hazzikostas

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Too bad, would have been nice to get a "Crisis on Infinite Azeroths" expansion. Arthas King of Lordaeron, honorable Warchief Garrosh of The Horde, among other alternate universe characters that could have fought against The Infinite Dragonflight and Murozond trying to wipe out the multiverse.
    Well the WoD AU timeline is still extant due to whatever Kairoz and the Vision of Time did to it, so it may be an exception to the general rule of timelines decaying and collapsing. Though based on the Mag'har recruitment scenario and the state of Draenor in its relative future as we see it, that timeline may finally be collapsing as well as AU Draenor seems to be undergoing some kind of cataclysmic event.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    I think of it a little differently. I think of the nether as one dimension, and reality the other with both overlapping. I see Outland as phasing from one reality to the other, with both realities now co-mingling over the ruins of Draenor. Right now Outland is perched precariously, able to sustain mortal life on it's surface but ultimately doomed to be consumed completely.
    The Nether does seem to be consuming Outland slowly, bit by bit - most obvious in Netherstorm, but the slow decay of the world is still shown in places in Nagrand in the "Safe Haven" cinematic. Whether phasing or sharded, Outland is pretty much doomed to non-existence given time.
    "I remember what I told you, but I can't remember why. The moon is turning red and bleeding through the sky. Absolution, redemption, salvation at the end - when justice is served don't expect me to attend." - Trust Obey, "Raymond Chandler Evening"

I must have missed that. So we are back to 'there is only one true timeline'?

Fantastic. I despise alternate universe storylines, and given Blizzard's missteps in telling a good story in the main timeline, alternate timeline's being taken seriously is something beyond their scope.

That still leaves the fly in the ointment of Alternate Draenor, fantastic setting but completely undermined because of it's unreality. Yet we have exported whole populations from that world to main timeline Azeroth.

I think the ideal solution is that Outland has phased out of the real universe into the twisting nether and exists in an ambiguous state. BUT that what Garrosh did actually 'hooked' an alternate Draenor and yanked it into the Main Timeline, rendering it real. So if you were to fly from Azeroth to where Draenor was, you'd find Draenor, but not Outland.

- - - Updated - - -

The Nether does seem to be consuming Outland slowly, bit by bit - most obvious in Netherstorm, but the slow decay of the world is still shown in places in Nagrand in the "Safe Haven" cinematic. Whether phasing or sharded, Outland is pretty much doomed to non-existence given time.
    Pity. The sad thing is, for all it's flaws as an expansion, alternate Draenor is an amazing setting. It saddens me that the closest we get to an authentic Draenor isn't real, and the warped version is doomed to destruction. Blowing up Draenor could, in the long term, prove to be a waste of potential.

Which is why I would like to believe that alternate Draenor now exists within the main universe in old Draenor's place and that it is now 'real'.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "If you want to be a fair skinned, light haired, blue eyed elf...sorry, the horde is there waiting for you"

-Game Director Ion Hazzikostas

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Based that Blizzard couldn't keep two parallel universes in check without lore and the story shitting itself not sure adding more in would be good

Herald of the Titans Darknessvamp's Avatar
    Oof reading that question hurt my brain, you'd find the remnants of the Original Draenor or what we know as Outland and The Twisting Nether as the portals which Nerzhul opened screwed up the space around it as well the planet itself and access to the Nether was made possible directly from Outland.

As for the second question, you'd find AU Azeroth supposedly depending on if they ever conclusively state if AU Draenor's universe exists fully separated from us.
    Argus' Nightmare Continues With Shadowlands
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity