Idea: Runic Power Dump for Frost That isn't BOS

Lately I've been doing a lot of world content and just casual stuff in general and always find myself capped at RP outside of Breath of Sindy. I would really love to see an AoE runic dump for frost on a relatively short CD for some good clear and burst damage.

Quote Originally Posted by itzLCD View Post
    Lately I've been doing a lot of world content and just casual stuff in general and always find myself capped at RP outside of Breath of Sindy. I would really love to see an AoE runic dump for frost on a relatively short CD for some good clear and burst damage.
    I had the idea once that, during remorseless winter, your frost strike would cleave. Maybe use more RP to make it hit harder

Deep down you know what the real answer is:

REMOVE BREATH OF SINDRAGOSA

I would really love to see an AoE runic dump for frost on a relatively short CD for some good clear and burst damage.
    I wanted to post a "Is this X" meme image but I see they are against the rules.

Glacial Advance:
    an AoE runic dump
    Check.
    relatively short CD
    Check.
    good clear and burst damage.
    Check.
    I think we found our spell.

Now separately I get people don't like the spell. But the spell isn't bad.
    The problem is eating precious RP in Breath Specs, and having to drop Gathering Storm, or Dragon in order to take it.
    Also compared to Epidemic, the cooldown on Glacial Advance feels really bad in comparison.

But the spell isn't bad in a vacuum.

Before WOD there used to be a lot more things you can do with runic power than current wow. Lot of viable spells that used runic power so you had to pick carefully on what to use your runic power for. I miss those days.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyeonh View Post
    Before WOD there used to be a lot more things you can do with runic power than current wow. Lot of viable spells that used runic power so you had to pick carefully on what to use your runic power for.
    Not so sure about that to be honest.
    Time for some fact checking.

In MoP:
    All specs had Deathcoil as ranged alternative for Blood/Frost and as a heal for pets.
    Blood had Rune Strike, until it was replaced with Deathcoil in WOD.
    Frost had Frost Strike.

All specs had Empower Rune Weapon, give 25 RP and full runes on a 3min cooldown.

All specs had Conversion Talent that sucked RP a second for a 3% trickle heal.
    Conversion Talent was vs Death Pact 2 min cd heal and Death Siphon a 1 Rune cost spam heal.

There was no picking in this list. Blood used Rune Strike, Frost Frost Strike, Unholy Deathcoil.
    There might have been some holding back using these abilities if you wanted Conversion healing, but there was not "lots of viable spells".

As for after Mists runic power abilities:
    Breath of Sindragosa came in WOD.
    Bonestorm and Dark Arbiter came in Legion.
    Death Strike was converted from 2 Rune Cost to runic power cost in Legion.
    BFA added AoE Runic Abilities in Glacial Advance and Epidemic.

the only answer to this is simple: breath of sindragosa now hits all targets around you! muah hah hah hah hah

YOU WILL NEVER ESCAPE THE ICY GRASP OF BoS! HAHAHAHAHAHAA

15+ Year Old Account
    Change:

Howling Blast
    -45 Runic Power
    30 yd range
    Instant cast
    Blast the target and all other enemies within 10 yards with a frigid wind, dealing medium frost damage to all foes and infect them with Frost Fever.

Frost Strike
    -25 Runic Power
    melee range
    Instant cast
    Chill your weapons with icy power, and quickly strike the enemy with both weapons, dealing heavy frost damage and infect the target with Frost Fever.
    Last edited by shade3891; 2020-01-26 at 01:02 PM.

Am I the only DK player who likes BoS?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Am I the only DK player who likes BoS?
    Well I would like it more if the cooldown was around 30 seconds or even removed... since you need to pool resources anyway to be effective.

Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    Well I would like it more if the cooldown was around 30 seconds or even removed... since you need to pool resources anyway to be effective.
    Yeah, I agree. The CD is too high if you take into consideration that it's highly dependent on other CDs anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    Change:

Howling Blast
    -45 Runic Power
    30 yd range
    Instant cast
    Blast the target and all other enemies within 10 yards with a frigid wind, dealing heavy frost damage to all foes and infect them with Frost Fever.

Frost Strike
    -25 Runic Power
    melee range
    Instant cast
    Chill your weapons with icy power, and quickly strike the enemy with both weapons, dealing medium frost damage and infect the target with Frost Fever.
    This would just recreate the old problem of Icy Touch VS Howling Blast.
    Why use Icy Touch when Howling Blast does the same and hits everything in AoE?
    Why use Frost Strike when Howling Blast does the same and hits everything in AoE and does it from 30 yard range?

What's wrong with BoS? Destroying other classes on cleave parses in massive breath windows is very satisfying

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinzaram View Post
    Why use Frost Strike when Howling Blast does the same and hits everything in AoE and does it from 30 yard range?
    Because the single target damage of Frost strike should be a lot higher than Howling Blast also it cost less RP.
    So you should pref it over Howling Blast (unless you get a Rime proc.).

Quote Originally Posted by Sinzaram View Post

Back then old killing machine proc also applied to frost strike, so it became a case of using frost strike when dual wielding or using obliterate when using 2 handed weapons whenever killing machine activates.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Remorseless winter should have been this tbh. Or frostscythe
    In what ever shape or form.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hyeonh View Post
    Back then old killing machine proc also applied to frost strike, so it became a case of using frost strike when dual wielding or using obliterate when using 2 handed weapons whenever killing machine activates.
    With mastery being the main thing.. it was soon froststrike and howling blast... you know the rest of the story.

I wish blood would get runic strike back base line as an offensive rp spender. Having to use death strike to dump my rp and waste my healing buff(hemotosis or something) is annoying.