Spec for Clearing Vision

Hi guys,

which spec to best for clearing the visions? Last week I was 3 chesting as unholy, but thinking Breath might be better for clearing the mobs faster?

Which essences are people usings? Iris/Dream/Breath/C&S?

What about icecap? would that work with 3 Frostwhelp traits

(FYI I'm doing them 2 man with an ele shaman atm)

i do it as unholy with Purification protocol major essence

i have cleared all zones in 1 run and got the achievement, focus on taking AOE trinkets / talents and take Bloodlust drums..
    very very easy to solo as DK

my hunter however has found it difficult to do more than 4 zones solo

- - - Updated - - -

i do the following route

- clear gaurds to Thrall
    - rush to first lower zone and Bloodlust on boss
    - rush to 2nd lower zone use 1st orb before boss
    - take Larger Zone but be careful not to overpull ( use invis pots )
    -take totem back to entrance use 2nd orb
    - take last larger Zone
    take totem back to entrance again
    - use last orb ( you will be low on sanity but not depleted if done right)
    - Kill Thrall

Quote Originally Posted by Bexlyn View Post
    Hi guys,

which spec to best for clearing the visions? Last week I was 3 chesting as unholy, but thinking Breath might be better for clearing the mobs faster?

i did full clear last week with icecap build, 446 ilvl very little corruption (just some +% mastery) without much issues, use of frostwyrm fury for insta killing huge trash pulls saves you a lot of time

7+ Year Old Account
    any tips for stormwind?

Quote Originally Posted by Axram View Post
    i do it as unholy with Purification protocol major essence

i have cleared all zones in 1 run and got the achievement, focus on taking AOE trinkets / talents and take Bloodlust drums..
    very very easy to solo as DK

my hunter however has found it difficult to do more than 4 zones solo

- - - Updated - - -

i do the following route

- clear gaurds to Thrall
    - rush to first lower zone and Bloodlust on boss
    - rush to 2nd lower zone use 1st orb before boss
    - take Larger Zone but be careful not to overpull ( use invis pots )
    -take totem back to entrance use 2nd orb
    - take last larger Zone
    take totem back to entrance again
    - use last orb ( you will be low on sanity but not depleted if done right)
    - Kill Thrall
    Yea Unholy has quite an easy time clearing, as my alts all are around 445-450 and found that Unholy DK and Feral are super easy and even pushing into two mask territory, while as Ret, I have had a tad more issues with (most likely not rocking the best stats) but able to 5 chest and my Survival hunter of the same level is struggling super hard with the same Ilvl as the others to even come close. Mind you I have cleared 5 mask on my Ele and 4 mask on my DH (a bit less geared and struggling dealing with Leaden foot) and i have full tech unlocked on them both basically so I know my way around. I've been wondering if BM would be easier but personally don't like it =/

Did a 4 Mask clear in 466 as Unholy last night. Only a few issues, but still had an orb to waste for 300 sanity before Alleria. Only Mask not taken is the halve Sanity one.

I don't think the Syndragosa Frost Build is particularly great for it. The CD is long and there are many CC abilities that can very quickly ruin your day, like, take Umbric. You breath and he teleports, or Alleria, you start a cast and she forces you to hide.

I am sure with the right timing it is doable, but Unholy can cleave extremly well too without depending on a long CD. Just tag groups with Outbreak and have them run into your D&D then just SS / Epidemic them into oblivion.
    On top of that you have Army of the Dead for a huge burst. I always use it on Shaw (second area I do) and then it is ready again for Alleria. It`s great because the ghouls will keep hitting her while you are hiding behind a pillar or when you are silenced by the Chain of Servitude.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blood ftw.
    "Voted Most Likely To Be Banned From The Forum."

Did a 5 mask fullclear as 462 bdk (just look at armory, bloodyleech-Khaz'Goroth), using 12% TD and 1% EV.
    I even had 1 mask left, which I used at Alleria just because I could.
    Only hard part I had was not fucking up kicks for cc stuff and Mage Quarter boss had some nasty shit following each other, which took me around 600 sanity (ofc with ress talent).

UH is perfectly fine for visions. Both Timmy and Outbreak are good tools allowing you to continue doing damage while moving out of bad stuff.

Got my Mad World achievement last Thursday at ilvl around 467 I think.
    Armory proof: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch.../thrall/nerdja
    Ilvl is now higher due to some nice mythic loot this week
    Last edited by Galathir; 2020-03-09 at 02:23 PM.

Frost demolishes visions if you're geared correctly. Like easily carry 2 other people through masked 5 runs.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Frost demolishes visions if you're geared correctly. Like easily carry 2 other people through masked 5 runs.

I tried Frost yesterday and it was so Easy.

took frost wyrm , pulled everything in the zone , Anti shell and icebound , LoS them , grouped them up and INSTANTLY killed it all

at the end after each zone I had 3 orbs and 90% sanity

Frost is amazing at clearing

Blood. Just faceroll it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bexlyn View Post
    Hi guys,

I'd suggest Blood/Unholy over frost for visions. Does't mean frost is bad, it just means it's a lot more convenient doing it as Blood/Unholy because the damage is more upfront and quick even without cooldowns.
    I run Iris major + protocol/breath/lucid minors (Clawing shadows+virulent fever build), with high mastery as Unholy. If the fire feet affix isn't active, I swap Protocol and Iris between major and minor slots. OR, you can run the bursting sores build, but the kiting is a lot less if you play that build cuz you're required to stand in 1 spot and blow shit up in DnD window. Although, I must say, the bursting sores build makes dealing with rexxar much easier if you plan on nuking him rather than focusing the boars.

If you're running frost regardless, I would personally prefer playing 3x frostwhelps and at least 2x frozen tempest. Imo, if you run the normal icy citadel ST setups, you're just handicapping yourself in aoe.

Trinkets - Get the mechagon trinket, the one with punchcards ASAP. the cyclotronic blast Red punchcard is very useful in horrific visions cuz it chunks all the zone bosses for 30-40% of their health in like 1.5-2 secs (pre-masks ofc). The other trinket is your choice entirely (would still recommend something like Merektha's Fang from temple or vial from underrot).

As a dk you can pretty much survive most sanity drain or stun mechanics with a well timed AMS anyway, and just blow shit up while it's still active.

That being said, the advice you're gonna get is gonna differ from dk to dk I'd imagine. I've only been able to 4 mask clear org so far because i was lazy during SW week and didn't get the mask from the mage quarter
    Last edited by Zarvel; 2020-03-13 at 09:15 AM.