Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkteacup View Post
    Are you guys still able to make decent gold? I just rolled a fresh 120 and am wondering if I should even bother. I would mainly try for the brutasaur mount but I am not sure if profs would be enough income.
    If you're intelligent with your materials gathered with gathering professions it's still possible to earn a pretty penny or two. Mining and herbalism mainly. I always disliked farming leather. My sub ran out a few week ago and I earned about 250k in a month by farming herbs and ores and flipping said materials on the AH. But it takes a lot of time and unless you can spend 70h+ pr. week farming said items I doubt you'd be able to get even close to the Brutusaur. Even more so if it's removed in the prepatch.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkteacup View Post
    Are you guys still able to make decent gold? I just rolled a fresh 120 and am wondering if I should even bother. I would mainly try for the brutasaur mount but I am not sure if profs would be enough income.
    Raking 5mil gold right now before SL hits may be kinda hard, depending on server and economy. I never liked playing AH, but there are ways to rawfarm gold which are fine for me. If you have a good geared character and a tailor, you can do Freehold shuffle for a decent amount of money. You can do the same in an easier way (but slightly less gold) with Skinning/LW and Atal Dazar.

It's boring as hell (depending on the player). But it nets nice gold, for easy tasks and the best part is there's ZERO competition, as you're running istances.

EDIT: for me it's enough since i only care about tokens to feed my sub without wasting too much time on it.
    You tried, and you failed. What have you learned? That's better not to try at all.

As per my experience, I saw medicine is the best option to retail and if you can do import and export than nonother retail item had this kind of profit.

Pandaren Monk
    gathering ones at the start of expansion, alchemy from start to last raid tier then flask sales drop way off, bs/lw/en/tail are all pretty worthless except for bags. what's that one that makes scrolls using vellum and herbs-can't even think of the name that's how worthless that one is.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

Gathering hands down. Everyone will need the new materials, so demand will be high.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

I've had good success at buying herbs at the right times cheap and turning them into pots/flasks to sell before raid time with Alchemy.

Quote Originally Posted by spalernTJ View Post
    For gold making, nothing currently beats Alch / Herb. No other profession even comes close.
    Yes, I completely agree with You. Alch / Herb - top in gold mining!

herb has been in the past because of cards.