Possibility to do PvP in Diablo 4

Hey dear forum, I really want to play Diablo 4 but I have a question regarding the PvP content, how this works?

Quote Originally Posted by Crawlerxx View Post
    Hey dear forum, I really want to play Diablo 4 but I have a question regarding the PvP content, how this works?
    Well since the game is over a year away we don't really know. Talk is it could be similar to WoW where there may be specific PvP zones where you get flagged upon entering. The rest if the world you have to flag yourself to kill or be killed. No PvP servers or specific modes being discussed.

Basically what said above, but if i got it right, it's only specific zones. No flagging for full-world PvP but that i may have missed or they can always add that later on. Everything will be seamless and fused but you'll get pretty big warnings when approaching/entering a PvP zone.

I suppose they're going with a smaller approach at first to test waters. PvP in Diablo is just murdering rampages with no balance or warnings whatsoever - the epitome of ganking. Hence, it's going to be basically voluntary partecipation.

They didn't share anything about rewards or structured systems about PvP. I suppose there's going to be some kind of incentive or exclusive reward to it otherwise it would be pretty much deserted. However the focus of the game is dungeons and farming and i won't expect major things; maybe some kind of ladder will kills or time alive or whatever. The whole point is to make PvP brutal, so only the ones who are really into it will partecipate. Doesn't make much sense to me to make it an edulcorated version so people can jump in, reap rewards and get out without serious investment.

EDIT: they have said already there will be things more effective for PvP and PvE. So, you will see PvP and PvE oriented builds.
    No one wants to choose. Everyone wants everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Basically what said above, but if i got it right, it's only specific zones. No flagging for full-world PvP but that i may have missed or they can always add that later on. Everything will be seamless and fused but you'll get pretty big warnings when approaching/entering a PvP zone.

I suppose they're going with a smaller approach at first to test waters. PvP in Diablo is just murdering rampages with no balance or warnings whatsoever - the epitome of ganking. Hence, it's going to be basically voluntary partecipation.

They didn't share anything about rewards or structured systems about PvP. I suppose there's going to be some kind of incentive or exclusive reward to it otherwise it would be pretty much deserted. However the focus of the game is dungeons and farming and i won't expect major things; maybe some kind of ladder will kills or time alive or whatever. The whole point is to make PvP brutal, so only the ones who are really into it will partecipate. Doesn't make much sense to me to make it an edulcorated version so people can jump in, reap rewards and get out without serious investment.

EDIT: they have said already there will be things more effective for PvP and PvE. So, you will see PvP and PvE oriented builds.
    It may have been the video, but the showed a Barb chasing and killing a Sorc in what looked like a regular playable area that was shown. So I may be assuming.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    It may have been the video, but the showed a Barb chasing and killing a Sorc in what looked like a regular playable area that was shown. So I may be assuming.
    I think that was a PvP specific area - just because we have official say about that. However it doesn't mean there won't be a generic PvP flag for the ones interested, though i don't know how much popular it would be. Just thinking about War Mode in WoW, but there we have the factions disparity at play. Could be just working in a FFA environment.

EDIT: what i meant is that there will be specific areas in the world that will force you into PvP. Not stuff like arenas that live in a separate bubble.

I think that was a PvP specific area - just because we have official say about that. However it doesn't mean there won't be a generic PvP flag for the ones interested, though i don't know how much popular it would be. Just thinking about War Mode in WoW, but there we have the factions disparity at play. Could be just working in a FFA environment.

EDIT: what i meant is that there will be specific areas in the world that will force you into PvP. Not stuff like arenas that live in a separate bubble.
    Right. Although there may be dueling/PvP arenas.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawlerxx View Post
    Not trying to be negative here, but realistically, PVP has never worked in diablo, and I wouldn't expect it to moving forward. It was fun in Diablo 1, but never really centered around it (or balanced).

Quote Originally Posted by angrys13 View Post
    Not trying to be negative here, but realistically, PVP has never worked in diablo, and I wouldn't expect it to moving forward. It was fun in Diablo 1, but never really centered around it (or balanced).
    Well, that's also the standing point of the devs. They recognize people want to PvP in diablo, so they will give them means to do so. But they also stated that it won't be balanced, regulated, or structured. It's going to be a FFA slaughterfest in specific world zones. Plus some kind of reward so people actually want to go there.

PvP doesn't work because the game is not really designed for it - they're just activating a switch to make people damage each other.

PvP in Diablo is just murdering rampages with no balance or warnings whatsoever - the epitome of ganking. Hence, it's going to be basically voluntary partecipation.
    If that's the case, voluntary participation, I hope it's a system exactly like in WoW, where you do not see players flagged differently as yourself at all.

Put each one into their own world, as neither one can stand the other, and it's worse for PvP players who have to (or cannot) deal with PvE players running around with God Mode activated against anything that's PvP. That's just an extremely unfair mechanic.

PvP doesn't work because the game is not really designed for it - they're just activating a switch to make people damage each other.
    Didn't they explicitely state that D4 is designed with PvP in mind right from the beginning?
    Last edited by XMD7007; Today at 11:37 AM.