Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
9
10
11
12
13
LastLast
  1. #201
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    With this attitude don't be surprised if you end up kicked from groups for not healing.
    For not healing? If you're stupid and die to a grand delusions proc that's noone's fault but your own. Hell, if you die in pretty much any circumstance in M+ as a dps it's 90% your fault.

  2. #202
    Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    should've shut up about TFing then lmao
    By that logic, we should stop voicing any complaints because Blizzard will make things worse.

  3. #203
    Quote Originally Posted by einaschern View Post
    Cool story bro. I've been clearing 15s since the system was introduced.
    The difference is that I know there are people other than me who play the game.
    Again, trying REAL hard to be cool, aren't you.
    My job isn't to care about some random in a dungeon group. I'm playing the game to have fun and I'm not going to change my playstyle and not have fun just because others are going to be butthurt. They chose to heal the run, they had ample opportunity to leave if they weren't satisfied with the make up. It is not your, or anyone elses, place to dictate how other people play the game, you have control over yourself and if you choose to be lazy and not look at peoples corruption levels or you decide to stay regardless, that's on you.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    For not healing? If you're stupid and die to a grand delusions proc that's noone's fault but your own. Hell, if you die in pretty much any circumstance in M+ as a dps it's 90% your fault.
    Grand delusions damage caps very low, it caps lower than 30% of the average 460 ils players health pool. In fact it does significantly less damage than unavoidable damage in most +15s. If you're not healing because you're salty about corruption, you're a moron.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

    Zyky is better than you.

  4. #204
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    My job isn't to care about some random in a dungeon group. I'm playing the game to have fun and I'm not going to change my playstyle and not have fun just because others are going to be butthurt. They chose to heal the run, they had ample opportunity to leave if they weren't satisfied with the make up. It is not your, or anyone elses, place to dictate how other people play the game, you have control over yourself and if you choose to be lazy and not look at peoples corruption levels or you decide to stay regardless, that's on you.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Grand delusions damage caps very low, it caps lower than 30% of the average 460 ils players health pool. In fact it does significantly less damage than unavoidable damage in most +15s. If you're not healing because you're salty about corruption, you're a moron.
    If you aren't gouging/stunning/saving yourself, and running over 40, you prob deserve to die.

  5. #205
    Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    For not healing? If you're stupid and die to a grand delusions proc that's noone's fault but your own. Hell, if you die in pretty much any circumstance in M+ as a dps it's 90% your fault.
    As a dps that dies a lot in m+, yes, this is accurate.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    If you aren't gouging/stunning/saving yourself, and running over 40, you prob deserve to die.
    Anything under 60 is perfectly healable. It's after that point you have to start CCing it. I run into 57 delusions if I'm at full just to get them over with. If it coincides with real damage I'll pop a CD.

  6. #206
    The Lightbringer Monster Hunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Astera
    Posts
    3,935
    Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    I think that's an example of ludonarrative dissonance. The game's plot leads you to believe that corruption would cause you to go insane and attack your friends, but the game doesn't facilitate that. Probably in part due to the fact that they wanted there to be a sliding scale for corruption. With damage, there's many different kinds of ways to damage a player, but mind control is rather binary; you either are in control or you aren't. There's no in-between.
    They do seem to have played about with the grey area a bit but not in the corruption system.

    There's a few debuff floating about that make you an enemy to your own faction without loss of control, the pvp thing being the most obvious but I've noticed it used elwhere.

  7. #207
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Demacia
    Posts
    3,307
    ...you guys know "red corruption is the healer's problem" is just a meme right? I seriously hope you guys aren't doing this shit.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

  8. #208
    Herald of the Titans Jazzhands's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Who knows.
    Posts
    2,736
    Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    ...you guys know "red corruption is the healer's problem" is just a meme right? I seriously hope you guys aren't doing this shit.
    There really are people who do. There's a reason people think low M+ is difficult.

  9. #209
    Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    If you aren't gouging/stunning/saving yourself, and running over 40, you prob deserve to die.
    It's inevitable that one or two will hit you over the course of the run as they do have the possibility to spawn on top of you and there is not enough time to handle it. Healers being ignorant to their own shortfalls overall is the actual problem, not a random 160k hit when most dps have health pools averaging 450k at 460il.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

    Zyky is better than you.

  10. #210
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    It's inevitable that one or two will hit you over the course of the run as they do have the possibility to spawn on top of you and there is not enough time to handle it. Healers being ignorant to their own shortfalls overall is the actual problem, not a random 160k hit when most dps have health pools averaging 450k at 460il.
    the problem with grand delusions isnt the 160, it's the standing in the eye, tanking the grand delusions on top of omnipresent aoe damage.
    *shrug* i only ever run with 75 corruption of TD and ra weapon.

  11. #211
    Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    the problem with grand delusions isnt the 160, it's the standing in the eye, tanking the grand delusions on top of omnipresent aoe damage.
    *shrug* i only ever run with 75 corruption of TD and ra weapon.
    I try to stay under 40 at all times personally, but the reality is that even the eye isn't that much damage, but if you look at a breakdown in M+ the damage isn't from corruption, it's from unavoidable damage in 90% of cases and the bad healers aren't keeping up and instead blaming corruption.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

    Zyky is better than you.

  12. #212
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    I try to stay under 40 at all times personally, but the reality is that even the eye isn't that much damage, but if you look at a breakdown in M+ the damage isn't from corruption, it's from unavoidable damage in 90% of cases and the bad healers aren't keeping up and instead blaming corruption.
    The damage taken breakdown will *always* have pulsing aoe as the highest damage taken

    what you need to watch is the death log, and if you go like 2-3 seconds 100-0 cus you took a grand delusions + eyeball damage, it then becomes 100% your fault.

    Last 5~ seconds of the deathlog are all that really matter. If you take an explosive to the face and a grand delusions, its your fault.

  13. #213
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    By that logic, we should stop voicing any complaints because Blizzard will make things worse.
    That seems the only logical conclusion, yes. Blizzard proved that time and time again. They LOVE to create problems where there were none, try to "fix" them and in the end the players have even bigger mess to deal with and devs pat themselves in the back for "fixing" problems they created.

  14. #214
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    That seems the only logical conclusion, yes. Blizzard proved that time and time again. They LOVE to create problems where there were none, try to "fix" them and in the end the players have even bigger mess to deal with and devs pat themselves in the back for "fixing" problems they created.
    Imagine responding to obvious sarcasm like they're being serious.

  15. #215
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Imagine responding to obvious sarcasm like they're being serious.
    Imagine using sarcasm only to find it is the truth.

  16. #216
    Quote Originally Posted by Raone View Post
    I do love how you say "healer has to spend the global for people who actually need healing", you mean the dps getting smacked by the things from beyond? I hate corruption. I like when bosses are predictable (even the random damage is still predictable), I hate that every week when there is nothing going on during Wrathion or Skittra or Xanesh I see people spike in health when no mechanics are going on ...
    I started with an example where a healer died from thing from beyond on mythic Raden last phase, it's a pretty healing intensive period and basically every other death in the raid except 1 dh who died to selfhealing during debuff (#justdhthings) was from lack of healing, so yes, this healer by running over 40 corruption endangered the whole raid.

    I'm not saying dps are excused from facetanking things from beyond but tbh then I have smartasses like Kehego claiming that dps shouldn't, but healers can, because it's nobody business if they spend every global self healing instead of healing the raid. Wtf is this line of thinking even. I'm sick and tired of healers in raid teams getting special treatment all the time. Dps get smacktalked for whoring the meters or dying to stupid shit, but healers? The amount of times I've wiped in the raid because healers can't focus heal a debuff. From doomfire and shackles on Archimonde in HFC through bombs on Merkarorque and then the "no dispel strat" mythic Ilgynoth... I hate the attitude "it's nobody's business what healers do with their globals" because all it leads to is HPS padding instead of spot healing the people who are meant to be healed by the encounter design.

    And tbh many dps classes have ways of helping themselves with the ghosts, things like stuns, banish, trap, feign death, frost nova, ams and so forth. If they aren't using it, then they're probably bad players who also don't interrupt, purge or dispel in m+. I swear so many times I go to Hivemind trash in the raid and druids aren't dispelling themselves from the poison and just die. Why wouldn't you lose 1 global of your dps to save yourself? Why don't you have a UI that shows you dispellable debuffs? When I'm on a class that can dispel poison and I see these debuffs go I tend to prio classes that cannot dispel themselves assuming classes that can will prio themselves rather than others. And so many times people die even though they could save themselves with 1 button press.

  17. #217
    i had a guy yesterday dieing to nothing all of the time, i said to him "please stop dieing to nothing" his response was, i have 50 corruption, if you cant handle it then its not my fault you suck........no....i cant handle you unexpectedly dieing to nothing... sorry

    Note to all dps who think healers can carry you.

    Lets take 1 dungeon (kr) for example where you cannot possibly be saved unless you can save yourself.

    1st boss, the healer cannot save you from getting pummeled by eye and finished by thing while spamming targets effected by spit.

    2nd boss, the healer cannot save you from getting pummeled by eye and finished by thing while spamming targets with drain

    3rd boss kings rest. the nasty bleed that requires heavy spam healing, the healer cant save you getting nuked by eye and finished by thing while spam healing severed axe bleed.

    Zul, the healer cannot save you from getting pummeled by eye and finished by thing while doing 80k+ single target hps spamming the tank.

    4th boss kings rest, while the tank is getting pummeled, the healer cant save you getting nuked by eye and finished by thing because the healer is spamming the tank.

    This is just a few basic examples.

    Do you see how many windows of opportunity for you to die you open up by relying on the healer to carry your corruption? not only this but healers can dps, i can pump 35-50kdps single target if im left to free nuke, guess how much dps im doing if im spamming a dps who has randomly dropped health? zero.

    Taking over 40 corruption is fine if YOU can counter anything that might come, if you think its the healers job to carry you i am sorry to tell you that you are going to die and it wont be the healers fault.

  18. #218
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    I started with an example where a healer died from thing from beyond on mythic Raden last phase, it's a pretty healing intensive period and basically every other death in the raid except 1 dh who died to selfhealing during debuff (#justdhthings) was from lack of healing, so yes, this healer by running over 40 corruption endangered the whole raid.

    I'm not saying dps are excused from facetanking things from beyond but tbh then I have smartasses like Kehego claiming that dps shouldn't, but healers can, because it's nobody business if they spend every global self healing instead of healing the raid. Wtf is this line of thinking even. I'm sick and tired of healers in raid teams getting special treatment all the time. Dps get smacktalked for whoring the meters or dying to stupid shit, but healers? The amount of times I've wiped in the raid because healers can't focus heal a debuff. From doomfire and shackles on Archimonde in HFC through bombs on Merkarorque and then the "no dispel strat" mythic Ilgynoth... I hate the attitude "it's nobody's business what healers do with their globals" because all it leads to is HPS padding instead of spot healing the people who are meant to be healed by the encounter design.

    And tbh many dps classes have ways of helping themselves with the ghosts, things like stuns, banish, trap, feign death, frost nova, ams and so forth. If they aren't using it, then they're probably bad players who also don't interrupt, purge or dispel in m+. I swear so many times I go to Hivemind trash in the raid and druids aren't dispelling themselves from the poison and just die. Why wouldn't you lose 1 global of your dps to save yourself? Why don't you have a UI that shows you dispellable debuffs? When I'm on a class that can dispel poison and I see these debuffs go I tend to prio classes that cannot dispel themselves assuming classes that can will prio themselves rather than others. And so many times people die even though they could save themselves with 1 button press.
    no no no, you totally misunderstood.
    I don't think *anyone* should be over 40. I think a healer could play over 40 over a dps because they keep their life in their hands, i.e personal responsibility. If you're able to stay over 40 and sustain yourself, by all means. Healers and tanks can do that, not all dps can.

    Or to simplify, if you can survive it/recover by yourself, do it. If you can't, don't.
    Last edited by Kehego; 2020-03-27 at 02:36 PM.

  19. #219
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Imagine using sarcasm only to find it is the truth.
    Have you ever worked a day in your life? The process of developing anything is fixing problems created by previous development. The only way that a game developer can feasibly never have to fix anything is if they create a game that is 100% accepted as flawless by all people. Given that WoW has never at any point been in such a position, you're just injecting your half-assed opinion as some kind of unwavering truth. This is not how the real world works.

  20. #220
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Have you ever worked a day in your life? The process of developing anything is fixing problems created by previous development. The only way that a game developer can feasibly never have to fix anything is if they create a game that is 100% accepted as flawless by all people. Given that WoW has never at any point been in such a position, you're just injecting your half-assed opinion as some kind of unwavering truth. This is not how the real world works.
    No i did not, im slave in the mars, pff isnt it obvious? And lol, developing something is not the proccess of fixing things created by previous devs. Like, wtf?! You think the guys who create games firstly need to fix problems created by others on non existed game? :P You are describing process of somebody taking product made by somebody else and then tweaking it to his/her liking AND maybe fixing bugs etc.

    And to the topic.

    There is too much RNG in the process of gearing... Hmm lets then remove titanforging, thats one layer of RNG... BUT lets puts corruption which puts another 3 layers of RNG We are so brilliant, lets pat ourselves in the back.

    Players in TBC: Wow the zones are amazing, have you seen the nether? The nagrand rocks? Amazeballs!
    Players in WotLK: Wow, the zones are amazing, the music is even better, and there is 2 zones that we need flying to enter. Noice
    Players in Cataclysm: OMG FLYING THROUGH REVAMPED ZONES IS THE BEST THING EVER AND THE REVAMPED ZONES ARE AMAZEBALLS!
    Players in MoP: Omg they really outdone themselves! Have you seen Jade Forest? The Valley of the Four Winds. Dear motherucking god the art department cary this MMO!
    Blizzard in WoD: Yeah we would be removing flying because nobody care about our art department and our art team, and they are sad and lonely.
    Players in WoD: WTF BLIZZ?!
    Blizzard in WoD: Hmm yeah, so here is this long ass grind to unlock flying you mongoloids, but have shiny mount as achivement

    Players in Legion: Well the sets are amazing, they really go long way to bring the class fantasy, good job!
    Blizzard in Legion: Yeah, thanks... BTW we are gona cut sets and class desing of armors because it is just too much work, and remember, you dont care about our art department. Oh well.
    Players in Legion:... go fuck yourself.

    In legion there was too much systems on top of gearing to be competitive - like legendary, AP, weapons, relics etc so blizzard, almighty idiots created even more systems and now they REPEAT the entire cycle of Legion, just worse. Sooo...

    Oh and lets not forget about azerite armor. System so fucked up that they scrapped it, system that NOBODY ASKED FOR and they cut sets because of it :P

    So yes, in every scenario they players were left with fucked up systems, sometimes hastly patched like frankenstein monster to barely work and, at the end they were left with system WORSE that there was previously.

    Because of Blizzard Pride.
    Because of Blizzard Greed.
    Because of Blizzard Shift of Mentality.
    And Because BLIZZARD KNOWS BETTER IDIOTS! :P

    EDIT: I forgot:

    Blizzard: Here, have Garnisson, here is a mission table with missions, go nuts.
    Players: Going nuts.
    Blizzard: Hmm there is too much gold in the economy. Lets brind awesome, expensive mounts. Like giant spider! Or light mech!
    Players: Ok this is sensible, yeah, nice.
    Blizzard: Here is fucking brontosaurus with auction house for 5 milion gold!
    Players: All hail Long Boi.
    Players: Hmm there is still fucking mass of gold in economy...
    Blizzard: Long Boi will be killed!
    Players: Wait what? How thats makes sense?
    Blizzard: Hahaha dinosaurs go extinct, you caught us!
    Players:... go fuck yourself.
    Last edited by Aliven; 2020-03-27 at 06:07 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •